Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,248 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 663,582
Pageviews Today: 1,159,085Threads Today: 486Posts Today: 8,204
01:53 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

RED ALERT!!! Massive cover-up underway in the White House! Natural Born Citizen Definition SCRUBBED FROM ALL ONLINE DICTIONARIES!!!

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1329586
United States
05/06/2011 12:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: RED ALERT!!! Massive cover-up underway in the White House! Natural Born Citizen Definition SCRUBBED FROM ALL ONLINE DICTIONARIES!!!
citizen is not gone.....yet. They will have to do something with this definition.

a person who is a member of a particular country and who has rights because of being born there or because of being given rights, or a person who lives in a particular town or city
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1371519
United States
05/06/2011 12:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: RED ALERT!!! Massive cover-up underway in the White House! Natural Born Citizen Definition SCRUBBED FROM ALL ONLINE DICTIONARIES!!!
Natural born citizen refers to a person upon which citizenship is the result of being born on American soil.

There is no other definition.

A person born in another country of parents that are American
is a cit zen, but not natural born.

A person who is naturalized comes here as a citizen of another country.

Obama is a natural born citizen if he was born in Hawaii, even if his daddy was Hitler
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1124613

Let me ask you: are you ignorant, stupid or a flat out liar?

It has already been discussed here and elsewhere that Vatell's "Law of Nations" provides that the definition must include citizen parents.

John Jay, a Founding Father, wrote that it was important for any president not to have divided loyalties. Someone born to foreign citizens would have divided loyalties.

Obama co-sponsored a Senate Resolution that declared since Obama had two US citizen parents, McCain was a natural born citizen.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1323236
United States
05/06/2011 12:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
This information we learn in school it is written in the textbooks.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1352858

I learned this in school too! Highschool Government class in fact!

They taught us that the natural born citizenship clause meant that you must be born to TWO citizen parents! It was taught in school!
 Quoting: Revolution

OP, I am sure you have saw the Illuminati Card called Rewriting History havent you? This should not surprise you especially since you have researched the subject. You may also want to see the BackLash card. It is someone who looks like Obama standing behind a podium with eggs on this face. Great thread to wake people up but it really means nothing more than repeating history and we cannot change it. Obama was selected not elected.
ConspiracyCat68
User ID: 1293846
United States
05/06/2011 12:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
Looks like we all need to take a trip to our local libraries and get photocopies from the actual books before they remove those as well!!! They can't remove the definition from every book on this planet. So I wouldn't have to much fear. But yes, it is messed up.
Revolution  (OP)

User ID: 794937
United States
05/06/2011 12:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
"It's already proven." ???

How is it proven? I'm looking at a dictionary from 87 and there is no definition for "natural born citizen."

Is obama and his nwo minions going back in time and scrubbing those dictionaries as well?

Seriously...that statement, that it's already proven let's us all know exactly who we are dealing with...a TRUE BELIEVER. It's proven in your eyes and nothing will change that...not even something like, oh I don't know...EVIDENCE. Of which you have none.

You didn't break a major story here, you didn't uncover an elite plot in the middle of it...all you did was discover that most dictionaries don't list "natural born citizen" as a single word/term. But I'm guessing you could probably find it in an appropriate reference like say a legal terms dictionary.

Again I say, some of you are just stupid. No wonder our nation is bankrupt, overweight and scoring under third world countries in terms of testing/common knowledge, etc. Americans are DUMB.

bsflag
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1325715

Just to play devils advocate here, and argue AGAINST my own case. I have two dictionaries. The one I took pictures of and posted in the OP, which DOES have the definition, which I wrote out below the pictures, and then I have a small pocket dictionary published in 1997, which DOES NOT have the definition.

I admit, it was never in ALL dictionaries. But the fact remains that the links I provided DID have those definitions as early as last week.
"when injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty"—Adam Kokesh

“Then join hand in hand, brave Americans all! By uniting we stand, by dividing we fall!”—John Dickenson, The Liberty Song

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.”—Samuel Adams

"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."—Ayn Rand
CriticalThought

User ID: 1325715
United States
05/06/2011 12:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
Wow...it gets worse. I started looking up "citizen" in different online dictionaries. Guess what? Every dictionary uses a slightly different definition. Yep, they all use different words. They don't even agree amongst themselves.

I'll bet that just before scrubbing "natural born citizen" they started changing the definitions just a little bit so that none of them defined it in exactly the same way.

Why?

To de-stabilize the meaning. That way, when people looked up the term, no body would have the same idea in mind...yep, they'd all be a little different. Obviously the Birthers are too close to the truth and they did this to try and confuse them. Before sending it down the memory hole never to be seen again...just like they sent Osama down to a watery resting place....

That's the only explanation. It's already been proven.

stir
Really just looking for a cool girl to date...email me and let's make DOOM together!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1211208
United States
05/06/2011 12:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
Bin Laden was the distraction....hiding
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1309466
United States
05/06/2011 12:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
time to dig out those things called books and start
scanning pages and uploading them...

prove the scrub.
 Quoting: Juliett 484

Agreed they take it down we put it up
Revolution  (OP)

United States
05/06/2011 12:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
"No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States."

It's ironic that Washington was several months short and therefore did not qualify. Some say it was intentional and to add insult to irony, he didn't take the proper oath either, in fact, no president since Washington has taken the proper oath.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1277531

You do realize that the phrase, "or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution" is a grand father clause meaning that if you were a citizen at the time of adoption, you were eligible, right?

George Washington was eligible for presidency, so don't try that argument, it's a fail.

“Then join hand in hand, brave Americans all! By uniting we stand, by dividing we fall!”—John Dickenson, The Liberty Song

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.”—Samuel Adams

"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."—Ayn Rand
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1309466
United States
05/06/2011 12:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
Wow...it gets worse. I started looking up "citizen" in different online dictionaries. Guess what? Every dictionary uses a slightly different definition. Yep, they all use different words. They don't even agree amongst themselves.

I'll bet that just before scrubbing "natural born citizen" they started changing the definitions just a little bit so that none of them defined it in exactly the same way.

Why?

To de-stabilize the meaning. That way, when people looked up the term, no body would have the same idea in mind...yep, they'd all be a little different. Obviously the Birthers are too close to the truth and they did this to try and confuse them. Before sending it down the memory hole never to be seen again...just like they sent Osama down to a watery resting place....

stir
 Quoting: CriticalThought

Didnt Laughner say they were using our language against us ?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1368320
United States
05/06/2011 12:52 AM
Report Abusive Post

Why?

stir

Can someone check "blacks law dictionary" never even thought of that...I'm on a phone watching the thread....id be interested to see if its in there
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1370841
United States
05/06/2011 12:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
It’s time for Revolution! Time to take back our country from the Bureaucratic monster that has become the US Government. This is not what our founding fathers had in mind for us. Time to start million man marches and rallies on capitol hill. We can do it. Look at Egypt and Libya. The time is now. Militias can start taking over small US villages and towns immediately. Eventually we will start to control individual states. We need international support on this. Maybe we can get foreign help like George Washington did to fight the British. The British had a bigger and better equipped military, and ill equipped colonial farmers still won back their independence. Conventional warfare and high tech. equipment are no match against unconventional warfare and guerrilla tactics. Many will die fighting local law enforcement and the armed forces, but I bet many of those soldiers will join our ranks. I’m tired of high taxes and a big overspending government. I’m tired of all the constitutional changes imposed upon us. I’m tired of loosing my civil liberties. I’m tired of the Feds telling the states what to do. Taxation without representation, isn’t that why we went to war against England. Now they want to tax our cars by the mile. Hell, I can’t even practice religion in school. I’m tired of being told what I can and can’t do. Elect a new congress. New senate, new representatives, and especially, a new president. Get guns. Get ammo. Get ready. REVOLUTION!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1323236
United States
05/06/2011 12:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
Has anyone saw the Movie the Book of Eli?

It is just a mind control programming to make you aware they are going to gather the Bible and any book they choose. The movies are where the truth can be found. I have been laughed at for saying that but just look around at the movies and all the hints we are being given. The Elite tells you exactly what they are going to do if you know where to look. Peace to all of you.

Anonymous Coward
United States
05/06/2011 12:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
Op ill keep u up to date on the FOIA request I stated earlier...ill be on in the morning....excellent work...we got ur back...check back with if this hits drudge......can't wait to read in a few hours peace everyone
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1371519
United States
05/06/2011 01:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
PLEASE EVERYONE!

Spread this info EVERYWHERE!

MAKE IT VIRAL!!!

The truth NEEDS TO BE KNOWN!

Send it to Drudge.
 Quoting: ScrumpTheTexan

Hey Scrump!...I just had a terrible thought, where is the Original Constitution of the United States located?, would it be conceivable that they would try and alter it in any way?
 Quoting: He Might Be Right?

Official:

[link to www.archives.gov]

And on the site [link to constitution.org] (which loads fine, and I've used before).

But strangely, when you click on the link to the actual Constitution on the site [link to www.constitution.org] you get:

Warning: Something's Not Right Here!

www.constitution.org contains content from globalpoweringgathering.com, a site known to distribute malware.

Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.

Google has found malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed.

If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker.

You should not proceed, and perhaps try again tomorrow or go somewhere else.

And a warning from Eset that it's blocked the HTML/ScrInject.B.Gen virus.

On Constitution.org???

wtf
 Quoting: ScrumpTheTexan

The same type of message appears if you go to Debbie Schussel's website to view Obama's fraudulent Selective Service System registration form.

Google frwquently does this to websites with damning evidence of Obama's criminality.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1364362
Mexico
05/06/2011 01:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
"No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States."

It's ironic that Washington was several months short and therefore did not qualify. Some say it was intentional and to add insult to irony, he didn't take the proper oath either, in fact, no president since Washington has taken the proper oath.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1277531

You do realize that the phrase, "or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution" is a grand father clause meaning that if you were a citizen at the time of adoption, you were eligible, right?

George Washington was eligible for presidency, so don't try that argument, it's a fail.

Hey! op Take a few minutes and view this video. You'll find the interesting what Obama co-sign to..
Havok

User ID: 1334597
United States
05/06/2011 01:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
If people only would put this much energy into a party affiliation without wasting it all trying to topple the current. Something might actually get done come elections. Otherwise it doesn't matter because some new shmoe you all will end up hating because of his affiliation, that isn't different then before because the party you support is too busy in-fighting and seeking truth, that they wont get elected. Rather then out there explaining why you want the changes and selling the people on your truths and let the other parties defend themselves post hence.
Fear is the father of all lies. ~ A. Crowley
Anonymous Coward
United States
05/06/2011 01:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
I saved the selective service via pdf...I have a copy....clear as day untouched by adobe illustrator lol.....
Twogun31

User ID: 1254305
United States
05/06/2011 01:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
Ladies and gentlemen, there is a MASSIVE cover-up underway.

BOTH Natural born AND natural born citizen now return NO RESULTS in searches on ALL active online dictionaries, with the sole exception of Wikipedia, redirects to Wikipedia, and quotes from Wikipedia.

Natural Born Citizen

[link to dictionary.cambridge.org]

[link to www.merriam-webster.com]

[link to www.webster-dictionary.org]

[link to oxforddictionaries.com]

[link to www.onelook.com]

[link to encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com]

[link to www.yourdictionary.com]

[link to wordcentral.com]

[link to www.ldoceonline.com]

[link to nhd.heinle.com]

[link to encarta.msn.com]

[link to www.hyperdictionary.com]

[link to www.macmillandictionary.com]

Proof that at least Oxford USED to have a definition:

[link to en.wikipedia.org]

This is some serious shit. Before Obama released his "long form" birth certificate last week, you could go to ANY online dictionary and view the definition of Natural Born Citizen, which is (roughly) as follows:

Nat|u|ral Born (Nach'er el Born', Nach'rel-), adj.

1 That is so by nature, born so: a natural born boxer, a natural born fool. 2 Native of a country; not alien: a natural born citizen or subject.

Photos of my own dictionary, World Book Edition copyright 1981:

[link to i863.photobucket.com]

The reason this is important is because right now, there is an ongoing debate over at Wikipedia due to the scrubbing of references to Emerich De Vattel's work Law of Nations, right after Obama released his long form.

[link to en.wikipedia.org]

They have maintained here that since Vattel wrote in French, and his exact wording for Natural-Born is, "Les Naturales ou indigenes" which literally translated would mean "the naturals or natives", Vattel can not be used as a reference for the wording of the Constitutional requirement of Natural Born Citizenship. But, Vattel's definition (in English) is as follows:

[link to www.constitution.org]

§ 212. Citizens and natives.

The citizens are the members of the civil society; bound to this society by certain duties, and subject to its authority, they equally participate in its advantages. The natives, or natural-born citizens, are those born in the country, of parents who are citizens. As the society cannot exist and perpetuate itself otherwise than by the children of the citizens, those children naturally follow the condition of their fathers, and succeed to all their rights. The society is supposed to desire this, in consequence of what it owes to its own preservation; and it is presumed, as matter of course, that each citizen, on entering into society, reserves to his children the right of becoming members of it. The country of the fathers is therefore that of the children; and these become true citizens merely by their tacit consent. We shall soon see whether, on their coming to the years of discretion, they may renounce their right, and what they owe to the society in which they were born. I say, that, in order to be of the country, it is necessary that a person be born of a father who is a citizen; for, if he is born there of a foreigner, it will be only the place of his birth, and not his country.

Regardless of Vattels original wording, it should be obvious to any critical thinker that if he was talking about "naturals" and defining who they were, it was to take as self explanatory that 1) these individuals had been born, and 2) they were citizens. And considering that natural, native, and Indigenous are all synonymous, It can not be disputed that Vattel was speaking about a person who's citizenship falls naturally upon them by virtue of birth, or to put it another way, a Natural Born Citizen. This work has been cited extensively by our forefathers, as can be witnessed in this video:

There can be NO disputing the fact that the definition of Natural Born Citizen is indeed one who is born to TWO parents, who are BOTH citizens. It is now undeniable that there is a very serious cover-up going on regarding this Constitutional requirement. I wish to point out the VERY RAPID succession of events that occurred over the last week:

April 27th

In response to growing demands to release his long form birth certificate, Obama finally reveals it to the public.

April 3oth

Obama appears in front of guests and on national TV at the White House Correspondence dinner to gloat in triumph over the release of this Long Form Birth Certificate, even as concern grows over the real issue, his Natural Born Citizenship Status.

May 1st

In a MAJOR political move, Obama appears on live TV to announce the death of Osama Bin Laden earlier that day.

People, this is a CUT AND DRY "Wag the Dog" Scenario! Our government has known Bin Laden's whereabouts for at least five years, but they have been keeping him alive for a "Politically Expedient Moment". That moment came last Sunday, and was used to distract the publics attention once and for all from his eligibility. The birth certificate NEVER WAS THE ISSUE! And with the disappearance of the definition from online dictionaries, there can be no refuting that SOMEBODY IS HIDING SOMETHING!

I CAN NOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH: The REAL issue concerning Obama's eligibility is and ALWAYS HAS BEEN, his Natural Born Status! Since his father was a Kenyan national and NEVER held US citizenship, OBAMA CAN NOT MEET THIS REQUIREMENT! The Birth certificate as I have ALWAYS maintained, was a distraction. But since that Distraction was discarded on the 27th, Bin Laden was given to use to replace it! Look at the facts:

Obama created the conspiracy theory about his PLACE OF BIRTH by deliberately refusing to release the long form, for the sole purpose of distracting us from the REAL issue. He let it build for 3 years, going so far as to imprison Terrence Lakin for demanding proof of Obama's eligibility. Focus began to shift this spring to the Natural Born requirement, and people began to point out the fact that he does not meet this requirement. When he finally released the Birth Certificate, he stated quite explicitly that “I know that theres going to be a segment of people for which, no matter what we put out, this issue will not be put to rest”. After a moment of triumph, Obama delivers up to us another mystery. Osama Bin Laden is dead, but we disposed of the body, and we WILL NOT be releasing any photographic proof of our claim. He then goes on to state that, "There are going to be some folks who deny it. The fact of the matter is you won't see bin Laden walking on this earth again."

This is THE EXACT SAME SCENARIO he used with the Birth Certificate! He has created a second distraction to keep you away from his eligibility. The refusal to provide evidence of Bin Ladens death WILL create conspiracy theories, and THAT is what Obama is hedging his bets on. He has given us Bin Laden to keep us distracted!

IT'S A FUCKING COVER-UP, PEOPLE!

I found it. [link to www.google.com]
We're all crazy here. -Alice in Wonderland -The Cat
CriticalThought

User ID: 1325715
United States
05/06/2011 01:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
Speaking of movies and things disappearing down the memory hole...

Anyone remember the Transformer movies? After the evil Megatron's defeat wasn't he dropped into the ocean? The second movie begins with his followers bringing him back to life.

I'm not a huge fan of synchro-mysticism but, if "They" really do reveal their method via pop culture, maybe we'll see The Return of Bin Laden. They've already conditioned us to expect sequels!

What if "They" planned it all out beforehand...placing a non citizen into office who then assures the nation he killed Osama but refuses to prove it...when Osama returns everyone will take a second, more critical look at the President and boom! CHAOS and DOOM! Better declare martial law to keep the nation from being torn apart and all the overfed reality tv watching numbskulls from getting hurt.

Or, how many sons did Osama have? The son is an extension of the father right? Maybe they'll just have one of his sons -straight out of central casting- become the next big nemesis. In that way, Osama could strike again from beyond his watery grave!

overcap
Really just looking for a cool girl to date...email me and let's make DOOM together!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1371918
United States
05/06/2011 01:12 AM
Report Abusive Post
"GIBSON, DUNN & CRUTCHER LLP
Washington, DC, April 8, 2008.

Re legal analysis of question whether Senator
John McCain is a natural born citizen eligi-
ble to hold the office of President.

Hon. ARLEN SPECTER,
Ranking Member, Committee on the Judiciary,
U.S. Senate, Dirksen Senate Office Build-
ing, Washington, DC.

DEAR SENATOR SPECTER: Pursuant to a re-
quest received from Democratic Committee
staff, I enclose for your consideration a copy
of my and Professor Laurence Tribe’s anal-
ysis of the question whether Senator John
McCain is a ‘‘natural born citizen’’ eligible,
under Article II of the Constitution, to hold
the office of President of the United States.
Professor Tribe and I are in agreement that
the circumstances of Senator McCain’s birth
to American parents in the Panama Canal
Zone make him a natural born citizen within
the meaning of the Constitution.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if I
can be of further assistance in this matter.
Very truly yours,
THEODORE B. OLSON.
MARCH 19, 2008.

We have analyzed whether Senator John
McCain is eligible for the U.S. Presidency, in
light of the requirement under Article II of
the U.S. Constitution that only ‘‘natural
born Citizen . . . shall be eligible to the
Office of President.’’ U.S. Const. art. II, § 1,
cl. 5. We conclude that Senator McCain is a
‘‘natural born Citizen’’ by virtue of his birth
in 1936 to U.S. citizen parents who were serv-
ing their country on a U.S. military base in
the Panama Canal Zone. The circumstances
of Senator McCain’s birth satisfy the origi-
nal meaning and intent of the Natural Born
Citizen Clause, as confirmed by subsequent
legal precedent and historical practice.

The Constitution does not define the mean-
ing of ‘‘natural born Citizen.’’ The U.S. Su-
preme Court gives meaning to terms that are
not expressly defined in the Constitution by
looking to the context in which those terms
are used; to statutes enacted by the First
Congress, Marsh v. Chambers, 463 U.S. 783,
790–91 (1983); and to the common law at the
time of the Founding. United States v. Wong
Kim Ark, 169 U.S. 649, 655 (1898). These
sources all confirm that the phrase ‘‘natural
born’’ includes both birth abroad to parents
who were citizens, and birth within a na-
tion’s territory and allegiance. Thus, regard-
less of the sovereign status of the Panama
Canal Zone at the time of Senator McCain’s
birth, he is a ‘‘natural born’’ citizen because
he was born to parents who were U.S. citi-
zens.

Congress has recognized in successive fed-
eral statutes since the Nation’s Founding
that children born abroad to U.S. citizens
are themselves U.S. citizens. 8 U.S.C.
§ 1401(c); see also Act of May 24, 1934, Pub. L.
No. 73–250, § 1, 48 Stat. 797, 797. Indeed, the
statute that the First Congress enacted on
this subject not only established that such
children are U.S. citizens, but also expressly
referred to them as ‘‘natural born citizens.’’
Act of Mar. 26, 1790, ch. 3, § 1, 1 Stat. 103, 104.
Senator McCain’s status as a ‘‘natural
born’’ citizen by virtue of his birth to U.S.
citizen parents is consistent with British
statutes in force when the Constitution was
drafted, which undoubtedly informed the
Framers’ understanding of the Natural Born
Citizen Clause. Those statutes provided, for
example, that children born abroad to par-
ents who were ‘‘natural-born Subjects’’ were
also ‘‘natural-born Subjects . . . to all In-
tents, Constructions and Purposes whatso-
ever.’’ British Nationality Act, 1730, 4 Geol.
2, c. 21. The Framers substituted the word
‘‘citizen’’ for ‘‘subject’’ to reflect the shift
from monarchy to democracy, but the Su-
preme Court has recognized that the two
terms are otherwise identical. See, e.g., Hen-
nessy v. Richardson Drug Co., 189 U.S. 25, 34–
35 (1903). Thus, the First Congress’s statu-
tory recognition that persons born abroad to
U.S. citizens were ‘‘natural born’’ citizens
fully conformed to British tradition, where-
by citizenship conferred by statute based on
the circumstances of one’s birth made one
natural born.

There is a second and independent basis for
concluding that Senator McCain is a ‘‘nat-
ural born’’ citizen within the meaning of the
Constitution. If the Panama Canal Zone was
sovereign U.S. territory at the time of Sen-
ator McCain’s birth, then that fact alone
would make him a ‘‘natural born’’ citizen
under the well-established principle that
‘‘natural born’’ citizenship includes birth
within the territory and allegiance of the
United States. See, e.g., Wong Kim Ark, 169
U.S. at 655–66. The Fourteenth Amendment
expressly enshrines this connection between
birthplace and citizenship in the text of the
Constitution. U.S. Const. amend. XIV, § 1
(‘‘All persons born or naturalized in the
United States, and subject to the jurisdic-
tion thereof, are citizens of the United
States. * * * ’’) (emphases added). Premising
‘‘natural born’’ citizenship on the character
of the territory in which one is born is root-
ed in the common-law understanding that
persons born within the British kingdom and
under loyalty to the British Crown—includ-
ing most of the Framers themselves, who
were born in the American colonies—were
deemed ‘‘natural born subjects.’’ See, e.g., 1
William Blackstone, Commentaries on the
Laws of England 354 (Legal Classics Library
1983) (1765) (‘‘Natural-born subjects are such
as are born within the dominions of the
crown of England, that is, within the
ligeance, or as it is generally called, the alle-
giance of the king.* * * ’’).

There is substantial legal support for the
proposition that the Panama Canal Zone was
indeed sovereign U.S. territory when Senator
McCain was born there in 1936. The U.S. Su-
preme Court has explained that, ‘‘[f]rom 1904
to 1979, the United States exercised sov-
ereignty over the Panama Canal and the sur-
rounding 10-mile-wide Panama Canal Zone.’’
0’Connor v. United States, 479 U.S. 27, 28 (1986).
Congress and the executive branch similarly
suggested that the Canal Zone was subject to
the sovereignty of the United States. See,
e.g., The President—Government of the
Canal Zone, 26 Op. Att’y Gen. 113, 116 (1907)
(recognizing that the 1904 treaty between the
United States and Panama ‘‘imposed upon
the United States the obligations as well as
the powers of a sovereign within the [Canal
Zone]’’); Panama Canal Act of 1912, Pub. L.
No. 62–337, § 1, 37 Stat. 560, 560 (recognizing
that ‘‘the use, occupancy, or control’’ of the
Canal Zone had been ‘‘granted to the United
States by the treaty between the United
States and the Republic of Panama’’). Thus,
although Senator McCain was not born with-
in a State, there is a significant body of legal
authority indicating that he was neverthe-
less born within the sovereign territory of
the United States.

Historical practice confirms that birth on
soil that is under the sovereignty of the
United States, but not within a State, satis-
fies the Natural Born Citizen Clause. For ex-
ample, Vice President Charles Curtis was
born in the territory of Kansas on January
25, 1860—one year before Kansas became a
State. Because the Twelfth Amendment re-
quires that Vice Presidents possess the same
qualifications as Presidents, the service of
Vice President Curtis verifies that the
phrase ‘‘natural born Citizen’’ includes birth
outside of any State but within U.S. terri-
tory. Similarly, Senator Barry Goldwater
was born in Arizona before its statehood, yet
attained the Republican Party’s presidential
nomination in 1964. And Senator Barack
Obama was born in Hawaii on August 4,
1961—not long after its admission to the
Union on August 21, 1959. We find it incon-
ceivable that Senator Obama would have
been ineligible for the Presidency had he
been born two years earlier.

Senator McCain’s candidacy for the Presi-
dency is consistent not only with the accept-
ed meaning of ‘‘natural born Citizen,’’ but
also with the Framers’ intentions when
adopting that language. The Natural Born
Citizen Clause was added to the Constitution
shortly after John Jay sent a letter to
George Washington expressing concern about
‘‘Foreigners’’ attaining the position of Com-
mander in Chief. 3 Max Farrand, The Records
of the Federal Convention of 1787, at 61
(1911). It goes without saying that the Fram-
ers did not intend to exclude a person from
the office of the President simply because he
or she was born to U.S. citizens serving in
the U.S. military outside of the continental
United States; Senator McCain is certainly
not the hypothetical ‘‘Foreigner’’ who John
Jay and George Washington were concerned
might usurp the role of Commander in Chief.
Therefore, based on the original meaning
of the Constitution, the Framers’ intentions,
and subsequent legal and historical prece-
dent, Senator McCain’s birth to parents who
were U.S. citizens, serving on a U.S. military
base in the Panama Canal Zone in 1936,
makes him a ‘‘natural born Citizen’’ within
the meaning of the Constitution.
LAURENCE H. TRIBE.
THEODORE B. OLSON. "

April 30, 2008
Congressional Record in the Senate
S3645 and S3646

excerpts.

Obama is mentioned in the above pages as being natural born by virtue of being born in Hawaii. Well, that is what it says on page S3646.

What I am getting out this is that the Senate Judiciary committee tried to figure out what "natural born" meant for purposes of eligibility, and they decided that if you are born in the United States -- it does not matter who your parents are and so it is ok to become a senator or a president, and they specifically mentioned Obama in this regard.

"Historical practice confirms that birth on
soil that is under the sovereignty of the
United States, but not within a State, satis-
fies the Natural Born Citizen Clause. For ex-
ample, Vice President Charles Curtis was
born in the territory of Kansas on January
25, 1860—one year before Kansas became a
State. Because the Twelfth Amendment re-
quires that Vice Presidents possess the same
qualifications as Presidents, the service of
Vice President Curtis verifies that the
phrase ‘‘natural born Citizen’’ includes birth
outside of any State but within U.S. terri-
tory. Similarly, Senator Barry Goldwater
was born in Arizona before its statehood, yet
attained the Republican Party’s presidential
nomination in 1964. And Senator Barack
Obama was born in Hawaii on August 4,
1961—not long after its admission to the
Union on August 21, 1959.
We find it incon-
ceivable that Senator Obama would have
been ineligible for the Presidency had he
been born two years earlier.

GIBSON, DUNN & CRUTCHER decided this issue for us, and the Senate went with it.

I think it needs defined by the Supreme Court or a federal court not some law firm.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1012969
United States
05/06/2011 01:12 AM
Report Abusive Post
Intentional revolution or not, they are going to get one. They gone insane. Just say not to drugs...and the real terrorists! in DC!
Revolution  (OP)

United States
05/06/2011 01:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
BOTH Natural born AND natural born citizen now return NO RESULTS in searches on ALL active online dictionaries, with the sole exception of Wikipedia, redirects to Wikipedia, and quotes from Wikipedia.

I found it. [link to www.google.com]
 Quoting: Twogun31

Thanks for ignoring what I said man! I really appreciate it!

Last Edited by Revolution on 05/06/2011 01:14 AM

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1365604
United States
05/06/2011 01:15 AM
Report Abusive Post

Why?

To de-stabilize the meaning. That way, when people looked
up the term, no body would have the same idea in mind...yep,
they'd all be a little different. Obviously the Birthers
are too close to the truth and they did this to try
and confuse them. Before sending it down the memory hole
never to be seen again...just like they sent Osama down to a
watery resting place....

Obfuscation.

Confuse the masses

Poisoning the Well.

Muddying the Waters.

Save, print, screen capture and/or archive EVERYTHING
before it's all scrubbed or altered.

Team Obama is trying to re-create the Truth in his image.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1372142
United States
05/06/2011 01:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
Forget the Natural Born Citizen issue, you people are all criminals.... Google 'Historical Error' and download the PDF from People's Awareness Coalition.

[link to www.pacinlaw.org]
Utter_Rot

User ID: 1372143
Germany
05/06/2011 01:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
This is absolutely insane! This is a classical element of George Orwell's '1984': Altering of the past! Can a president be impeached for pulling shit like this?
Gone bezerkin...
:battleflag:
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1371918
United States
05/06/2011 01:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
So, according to the Senate your daddy could be Putin and your mommy Saddam Hussein, but so long as you were born on U.S. soil or on a U.S. territory you can be president. All because GIBSON, DUNN & CRUTCHER said so.

I think this is probably unconstitutional what the Senate committee did with this McCain hearing.

Congress may make the laws, but the Judiciary interprets the laws.
White Hat

User ID: 1372148
United States
05/06/2011 01:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
This is some good shit OP!

gotpot

bump
For OP's diligence!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1370354
Mexico
05/06/2011 01:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
You are full of contradictions OP. Is it being born there, only your father too? Does it say both parents, or is it some old definition where colonialism and slavery ruled and women were chattel? Is Obama not a citizen because he's black? Because ONLY his mother was a citizen? Because being born in the US isnt enough? You are complaining about a subjective term not being in the dictionary. Plus you are referring to a societal outlook long past. I hate bigots, they disgust me,...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1322491
United States
05/06/2011 01:22 AM
Report Abusive Post
Probably the bigger issue are his school records and CIA connections, but nonetheless this is quite odd that these definitions are gone.

GLP