Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 970 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 145,426
Pageviews Today: 244,128Threads Today: 106Posts Today: 2,051
04:39 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Parents beware of Cartoon Network, i saw something yesterday...

Dundas
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 1417352
United States
06/09/2011 03:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Parents beware of Cartoon Network, i saw something yesterday...
So yesterday in the afternoon i'm sitting at the hotel. My wife is working out at the fitness room and i'm chillin with me 4 month old son. The TV just happened to be on Cartoon Network, (not that my son is old enough to watch it, and i wouldn't let him even if he was), and i caught something crazy.

I was on my laptop and the TV was just on in the background and i happened to look up and see bugs bunny and daffy duck arguing. It was the new version of looney tunes, not the old ones. Anyway, bugs is trying to tell daffy that daffy didn't win the lottery. Daffy keeps shaking the lottery ticket in the air saying he won. Then i hear daffy say how he did win cause 666 was the winning number and 666 is on his lottery ticket. Then bugs tells daffy that he's holding his ticket upside-down and the real numbers aren't 666, but 999.

I thought that was pretty damn weird. I know CN has alot of sly little shit like that running in their cartoons so be aware as parents.

Another time i saw about 2 minutes of a jimmy neutron episode where his dad is having a talk with jimmy. His dad literally said, "It was like the day i sat on a banana, and i've never been the same since."

I shit you not. The character actually said that word for word. So anyway, be vigilant and let your kids watch nature shows instead of the evil propaganda that the elites try and use to brain wash the kids.

Peace.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1400009
United States
06/09/2011 03:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Parents beware of Cartoon Network, i saw something yesterday...
So yesterday in the afternoon i'm sitting at the hotel. My wife is working out at the fitness room and i'm chillin with me 4 month old son. The TV just happened to be on Cartoon Network, (not that my son is old enough to watch it, and i wouldn't let him even if he was), and i caught something crazy.

I was on my laptop and the TV was just on in the background and i happened to look up and see bugs bunny and daffy duck arguing. It was the new version of looney tunes, not the old ones. Anyway, bugs is trying to tell daffy that daffy didn't win the lottery. Daffy keeps shaking the lottery ticket in the air saying he won. Then i hear daffy say how he did win cause 666 was the winning number and 666 is on his lottery ticket. Then bugs tells daffy that he's holding his ticket upside-down and the real numbers aren't 666, but 999.

I thought that was pretty damn weird. I know CN has alot of sly little shit like that running in their cartoons so be aware as parents.

Another time i saw about 2 minutes of a jimmy neutron episode where his dad is having a talk with jimmy. His dad literally said, "It was like the day i sat on a banana, and i've never been the same since."

I shit you not. The character actually said that word for word. So anyway, be vigilant and let your kids watch nature shows instead of the evil propaganda that the elites try and use to brain wash the kids.

Peace.
 Quoting: Dundas

Nature shows? You really are a new parent.LOL Congrats on the little one, btw.

I agree you have to be vigilant but kids are going to want to watch cartoons. Watch what they are watching and have conversations with them. Don't try to shield them too much. They know how to get around too much parental control. It is their job.LOL
Dundas  (OP)

United States
06/09/2011 03:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
Dang this thread got knocked down fast!
wizard
User ID: 748447
United States
06/09/2011 03:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
i kinda see your point as a parent my self i am real tired of adult programing aka south park or family guy and outhers masqueradering as cartoons pushing adult themes on kids who just dont understand what they are talking this is just plain wrong
Dundas  (OP)

United States
06/09/2011 03:44 PM
Report Abusive Post

Peace.

I agree you have to be vigilant but kids are going to want to watch cartoons. Watch what they are watching and have conversations with them. Don't try to shield them too much. They know how to get around too much parental control. It is their job.LOL
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1400009

Ummmm, no. I have a 16 year old son and 17 year old daughter. Both are star athletes in high school and were recently commended on their exit-level TAKS tests. They were raised watching nature shows and being outside. I kept them from watching all the regular kids programing and back then everyone else with kids thought i was weird.....now all those same parents can't believe why their kids are fuck-ups and mine are respectful, healthy badasses.

So i'm raising my new son the same way.

If you wanna let your child's head be filled with the propaganda that spews from the kids shows these days then you're a fuckin retard.
Dundas  (OP)

United States
06/09/2011 03:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
My kids loved nature shows with animals and stuff. There are all sorts of cool dvds out there that are way more chill and educational than cartoons.

And usually kids will want to watch animals messing around over cartoons anyway.....atleast mine did.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 590335
United States
06/09/2011 03:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
I looked for it, but couldn't find it. There is a new show called "The Looney Tunes Show" that puts the classic characters into new, modern situations. The lottery issue is not listed among them, but it could be a side plot in one episode.

Interestingly, one of the plots is about Yosemite Sam "going off the grid," perhaps to re-invent him as a right-wing survivalist-type nutjob.

[link to en.wikipedia.org]
Dundas  (OP)

United States
06/09/2011 03:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
I looked for it, but couldn't find it. There is a new show called "The Looney Tunes Show" that puts the classic characters into new, modern situations. The lottery issue is not listed among them, but it could be a side plot in one episode.

Interestingly, one of the plots is about Yosemite Sam "going off the grid," perhaps to re-invent him as a right-wing survivalist-type nutjob.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 590335

That must be it. It was the new version of looney tunes.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1324265
United States
06/09/2011 03:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
o god not this bullshit again

so all those crazy people back then who didnt watch tv... like that dude who impaled peoples heads on spikes and those guys from the inquisition

they where straight up honorable people eh..
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 728979
United States
06/09/2011 03:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
OP, check out some of the old '60's stuff on dvd's.

Gilligan's Island is exceptionally tame, for instance.

They sneaked alot of stuff thru in series such as Bewitched and Addam's Family, though.

Another thing to consider when choosing material for kids (or yourself) is the pacing of the dialogue/scene-cuts. Even back in the '60's some shows were so fast paced that kids become hyperactive nuts after viewing.

Good catch with your observations, OP.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1078715
United States
06/09/2011 03:54 PM
Report Abusive Post

Peace.

Ummmm, no. I have a 16 year old son and 17 year old daughter. Both are star athletes in high school and were recently commended on their exit-level TAKS tests. They were raised watching nature shows and being outside. I kept them from watching all the regular kids programing and back then everyone else with kids thought i was weird.....now all those same parents can't believe why their kids are fuck-ups and mine are respectful, healthy badasses.

If you wanna let your child's head be filled with the propaganda that spews from the kids shows these days then you're a fuckin retard.

Both my kids are commended on each TAKS and are in the highest level Band each school offers (symphonic)... they watch CN frequently. We get compliments on how well behaved my children are (especially teachers). I guess I fail to see how Cartoon Network and a child's behavior seem to go hand in hand.

It's quite obvious that your kids don't take after you, given the useless drivel you're spouting.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1421603
South Africa
06/09/2011 03:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
1 Star for this piece of Shit.

poop
Dundas  (OP)

United States
06/09/2011 03:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
Any of yall remember the pokemon story?

An episode aired in Japan years ago that had a 1 second flash of 12 color sequences. It sent hundreds of kids into seizures.

Yeah, great programing for kids.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1185535
United States
06/09/2011 03:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
My kids loved nature shows with animals and stuff. There are all sorts of cool dvds out there that are way more chill and educational than cartoons.

And usually kids will want to watch animals messing around over cartoons anyway.....atleast mine did.

Mine, too. :)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1165057
United States
06/09/2011 03:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
Television is the biggest social engineering tool available. Even if the show's producers have no bad intentions, there are powerful elements within the studio that will ensure that the agenda is followed.

This truth is self evident once you are awake. Those who refuse to believe it have a long ways to go..
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1345805
United States
06/09/2011 03:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
1rof1
It only has an effect if your mind is already programmed and 'perverted'/'coverted'. Kids don't know enough to catch that kind of stuff or blow little things out of proportion.
Dundas  (OP)

United States
06/09/2011 04:00 PM
Report Abusive Post

Peace.

Both my kids are commended on each TAKS and are in the highest level Band each school offers (symphonic)... they watch CN frequently. We get compliments on how well behaved my children are (especially teachers). I guess I fail to see how Cartoon Network and a child's behavior seem to go hand in hand.

It's quite obvious that your kids don't take after you, given the useless drivel you're spouting.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1078715

Yeah, but when the day comes that they are to receive their 'mark' for all commerce, i'm sure they'll be first in line to get the new cool techno gadget.

So your kids are how old and watching CN?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1324238
United States
06/09/2011 04:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
Kids can think too. Give 'em the chance to do so.

thumbs
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1078715
United States
06/09/2011 04:04 PM
Report Abusive Post

Yeah, but when the day comes that they are to receive their 'mark' for all commerce, i'm sure they'll be first in line to get the new cool techno gadget.

Both are teens and I'll leave it at that. Shit I watch cartoon network. I'm still failing to see the point you're making. You raise your kids how you see fit and I'll do the same. It's seems to be working.

And your first question. My kids are quite patient, save every little bit they earn and then buy what they want. Let me ask you the same thing... how many of those gadgets do your kids own? Hello Kettle, it's me Pot, your black.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1070355
Singapore
06/09/2011 04:05 PM
Report Abusive Post

Peace.

Amen brutha. This is exactly how we're raising our 4-year-old.
rockon
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 673477
United States
06/09/2011 04:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
Dang this thread got knocked down fast!

It cause the premise of the thread is retarded. 666 is just a number. Nothing in the Bible references this number. It is merely a mis-translation.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1070355
Singapore
06/09/2011 04:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
P.S. I see the same "semi"-subliminal shit as well and don't let my kid anywere near that garbage.

5*
Coward, Anonymous
Stop the inanity!

User ID: 1368354
United States
06/09/2011 04:07 PM

Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 590335

And what poster on GLP uses Yosemite Sam as his avatar?
Repeal the 17th Amendment and the Reapportionment Act of 1929!

Thread: First steps down the road to a return to the Constitutional Republic that we were intended to be.

Restore the Republic.

Thread: The Bill of Rights does NOT include age requirements!

It's a flower, not something to be feared.

cow - Moo!
Dundas  (OP)

United States
06/09/2011 04:10 PM
Report Abusive Post

Both are teens and I'll leave it at that. Shit I watch cartoon network. I'm still failing to see the point you're making. You raise your kids how you see fit and I'll do the same. It's seems to be working.

And your first question. My kids are quite patient, save every little bit they earn and then buy what they want. Let me ask you the same thing... how many of those gadgets do your kids own? Hello Kettle, it's me Pot, your black.

Obviously you are not a believer and this nonsense of propaganda and 666 and whatnot is a waste of your time.

Nothing to see here. Move along chump....

and to answer your question about gadgets, they each own a cell phone for emergencies. No computers, no iphone. My daughter spends her time practicing for her track events and my son is into strength and conditioning, and MMA. Both are avid readers.

Last Edited by Dundas on 06/09/2011 04:11 PM
The Voice In Your Head

User ID: 1379486
United States
06/09/2011 04:43 PM
Report Abusive Post

I've been trying to get my son away from all the b.s. rubbish they show in the modern cartoons.

The only thing that has worked so far? The Weather Channel of Food Network. LOL!

Now I have to battle with his notion of wanting to go outside to observe a tornado when the weather gets bad. At least I know he'll be able to make a mean steak on the grill, and some amazing mexican cuisine. I do wish they would get into some in depth stuff on cooking wild game.

Enjoy the time with your baby. They don't stay that way long at all. Take as many pictures or videos as you can. There are days when it breaks your heart to know that your little one has grown so quick.

peace
I'm just a figment of your imagination ;-)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1402771
United States
06/09/2011 04:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
your afraid of cartoons

must have been at a hotel taking his wife to the insane aslyum

feel sorry for his brat

she has a coward retard dad
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1401153
United States
06/09/2011 04:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
lol.. how does it feel to worry about nonsense? Wouldn't have been an issue if you were singing with or reading to them, right?

Let the tv raise your kids, bitch about the results.

what a winner.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1344543
United States
06/09/2011 04:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
1rof1
It only has an effect if your mind is already programmed and 'perverted'/'coverted'. Kids don't know enough to catch that kind of stuff or blow little things out of proportion.
 Quoting: hardthought

wow, you uhh, don't know shit.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 919528
United States
06/09/2011 05:30 PM
Report Abusive Post

Peace.

wait till you catch their station splash right before going to a break where some cartoon thing is humping Lincoln's leg at the Lincoln Memorial. - enough to make ya puke.
Anonymous Coward
06/09/2011 05:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
Kids' cartoon shows are the worst mindfuckery out there... and think about it, why wouldn't they be??

They're totally full of symbolism, sexual programming, and all kinds of nasty shit that no child should ever be exposed to...

Yet mindless sheeple let their little sheeple babies watch the shit all day long. It's fucking screwed, all of it.
Dundas  (OP)

United States
06/09/2011 05:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
your afraid of cartoons

must have been at a hotel taking his wife to the insane aslyum

feel sorry for his brat

she has a coward retard dad
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1402771

Lol, you ever in Texas post a thread, we'll meet and post the vid on GLP. We'll see who the coward is.

GLP