Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,442 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 110,577
Pageviews Today: 194,592Threads Today: 81Posts Today: 1,404
01:56 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Parents beware of Cartoon Network, i saw something yesterday...

Dundas  (OP)

User ID: 1417352
United States
06/09/2011 05:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Parents beware of Cartoon Network, i saw something yesterday...
lol.. how does it feel to worry about nonsense? Wouldn't have been an issue if you were singing with or reading to them, right?

Let the tv raise your kids, bitch about the results.

what a winner.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1401153

Umm, no. I was finishing something up on the computer while my son was having 'tummy time' on the bed. The TV was just on from earlier and happened to be on CN. If you read the OP you would have seen that you fuck-up.

Obviously you didn't read any of my posts you fucker.
Dundas  (OP)

United States
06/09/2011 05:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
Kids' cartoon shows are the worst mindfuckery out there... and think about it, why wouldn't they be??

They're totally full of symbolism, sexual programming, and all kinds of nasty shit that no child should ever be exposed to...

Yet mindless sheeple let their little sheeple babies watch the shit all day long. It's fucking screwed, all of it.
 Quoting: Mister Obvious

Exactly. This dude's got it right.
Judethz

User ID: 1421689
United Kingdom
06/09/2011 05:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
kitty Hi OP, well at least you are aware of the problem and are doing something about it on a family basis, which is sadly more than can be said for most parents. Later on of course there will be the MTV question.
Dundas  (OP)

United States
06/09/2011 05:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
Kids' cartoon shows are the worst mindfuckery out there... and think about it, why wouldn't they be??

They're totally full of symbolism, sexual programming, and all kinds of nasty shit that no child should ever be exposed to...

Yet mindless sheeple let their little sheeple babies watch the shit all day long. It's fucking screwed, all of it.
 Quoting: Mister Obvious

Exactly. This dude's got it right.
 Quoting: Dundas

EDIT: maybe you're a woman, i dunno.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1420483
United States
06/09/2011 05:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
If I have kids, and I hope to one day, I'll disconnect the cable. Hopefully the wife won't be a bitch about it.

The kids can watch the dvds we buy or get from netflix. They can make suggestions on what they want but it will go through me and my wife first.

I'm more worried about then being brainwashed into buying a bunch of stupid shit. Of course, I've seen the programs my nieces watch on "kids" channels and they make out these little assholes kids to be awesome.

Fuck that shit - I don't need my kids emulating some fucking brat on TV who constantly lies to his parents and gets away with it because they are so dumb.

And they sure as fuck won't be using the internet unsupervised until they are in their teens - maybe not even then. They read books and they'll fucking like it. If they don't then they can either go outside and play or use their fucking imagination.
Dundas  (OP)

United States
06/09/2011 05:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
kitty Hi OP, well at least you are aware of the problem and are doing something about it on a family basis, which is sadly more than can be said for most parents. Later on of course there will be the MTV question.
 Quoting: Judethz

Nope. I blocked Mtv and a few others at my house. That shit is ridiculous. Men kissing and shit. No way.
Dundas  (OP)

United States
06/09/2011 05:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
If I have kids, and I hope to one day, I'll disconnect the cable. Hopefully the wife won't be a bitch about it.

The kids can watch the dvds we buy or get from netflix. They can make suggestions on what they want but it will go through me and my wife first.

I'm more worried about then being brainwashed into buying a bunch of stupid shit. Of course, I've seen the programs my nieces watch on "kids" channels and they make out these little assholes kids to be awesome.

Fuck that shit - I don't need my kids emulating some fucking brat on TV who constantly lies to his parents and gets away with it because they are so dumb.

And they sure as fuck won't be using the internet unsupervised until they are in their teens - maybe not even then. They read books and they'll fucking like it. If they don't then they can either go outside and play or use their fucking imagination.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1420483

Please have kids sir. You're the type that needs to procreate.....no sarcasm at all intended.
fastawake

User ID: 1409657
Germany
06/09/2011 05:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
why did you have the tv on when you were not even watching it?
do.not.watch.tv.
is that simple. everybody knows how tv fucks with your brain waves. its really easy to send all kinds of crazy messages through this tube. and you know they do.

tv is mind dumbing, zumbi maker
give your kid a comic or so
Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration — that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death; life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. -William Melvin
Deus Ex

User ID: 1275523
United States
06/09/2011 05:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
1. MTV is garbage...
2. Jimmy Neutron is Nick not CN.
3. I am in TX, why do people like you think TX makes you hard? If anything, Texans talk alot of shit just like people in the North East. I was born in the Dirty South (Memphis)... we don't TALK and TALK about how much ass we are gonna whoop.... we just whoop ass.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1421466
United Kingdom
06/09/2011 05:50 PM
Report Abusive Post

You know a lot of books have some pretty questionable things too.
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/09/2011 05:51 PM
Report Abusive Post

Please have kids sir. You're the type that needs to procreate.....no sarcasm at all intended.

Thank you. I really hope to have some great kids some day.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1402771
United States
06/09/2011 05:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
a grown man crying about cartoons

pathetic

his brat will go, "god, i never realized how uptight my fag dad was"

but then again with such a dolt for a dad he might not be able to write
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/09/2011 05:54 PM
Report Abusive Post

You know a lot of books have some pretty questionable things too.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1421466

Perhaps, but at least they'll be using their brain instead of going into zombie mode from watching TV. They'll be learning how to spell, use proper grammar and punctuation, expand their vocabulary and general knowledge, and learn how to digest and analyze ideas and concepts.
Dundas  (OP)

United States
06/09/2011 05:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
1. MTV is garbage...
3. I am in TX, why do people like you think TX makes you hard? If anything, Texans talk alot of shit just like people in the North East. I was born in the Dirty South (Memphis)... we don't TALK and TALK about how much ass we are gonna whoop.... we just whoop ass.
 Quoting: Deus Ex

The AC was talkin shit, not me. And how the fuck do you know that i think being from Texas makes me hard? GTFO. Where you at in TX?
Deus Ex

User ID: 1275523
United States
06/09/2011 06:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
LOL, I am in Keller. Near Ft. Worth.
Where do you hail from?
And yes I do love TX.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1465044
United States
07/12/2011 02:07 PM
Report Abusive Post

Nature shows? You really are a new parent.LOL Congrats on the little one, btw.

I agree you have to be vigilant but kids are going to want to watch cartoons. Watch what they are watching and have conversations with them. Don't try to shield them too much. They know how to get around too much parental control. It is their job.LOL

Ummmm, no. I have a 16 year old son and 17 year old daughter. Both are star athletes in high school and were recently commended on their exit-level TAKS tests. They were raised watching nature shows and being outside. I kept them from watching all the regular kids programing and back then everyone else with kids thought i was weird.....now all those same parents can't believe why their kids are fuck-ups and mine are respectful, healthy badasses.

So i'm raising my new son the same way.

If you wanna let your child's head be filled with the propaganda that spews from the kids shows these days then you're a fuckin retard.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1400009

Oh! I'm sorry I had no idea I was raising my kids wrong! Thanks for telling me they would end up if they watched cn! Obviously ur saying that ur kids are better then others. So thanks. We also do watch nature shows but we usually watch cartoons. Thanks for tellin me im a bad parent. My kids are are captains of all their sports teams they get straight a's and are in all of the advanced classes. So tell me again that if my kids watch cartoon network that they will end up juveniles.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1418597
Canada
07/12/2011 02:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
your so brain washed.. get a fuckin grip,.. ohhh noo it said 666.. who gives a fuck.. only numbers you can use upside down.. and even kids know that.. you are fuckin lost.. i feel sorry for your kid having such an uptight parent. sat on a banana?? and i guess this is a sexual reference in your crazy world!!!! ohh noo think of the children!!!!!! the only bad things your kid will get out of this is your fucked up view of the world..

pathetic
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1465070
United States
07/12/2011 02:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Both my kids are commended on each TAKS and are in the highest level Band each school offers (symphonic)... they watch CN frequently. We get compliments on how well behaved my children are (especially teachers). I guess I fail to see how Cartoon Network and a child's behavior seem to go hand in hand.

It's quite obvious that your kids don't take after you, given the useless drivel you're spouting.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1078715

Your post is insulting to the OP and you are WRONG about CN. Most likely, you're one of those parents who have no idea what your kids are "really" like and how they're being negatively influenced by garbage YOU don't understand.
Anonymous Coward
United States
07/12/2011 02:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
your so brain washed.. get a fuckin grip,.. ohhh noo it said 666.. who gives a fuck.. only numbers you can use upside down.. and even kids know that.. you are fuckin lost.. i feel sorry for your kid having such an uptight parent. sat on a banana?? and i guess this is a sexual reference in your crazy world!!!! ohh noo think of the children!!!!!! the only bad things your kid will get out of this is your fucked up view of the world..

pathetic
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1418597

Wow are YOU obliviously ignorant.
Momo
User ID: 1444470
United States
07/12/2011 02:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
I am 21 and i know this is the reason I was so messed up as a youth. How the heck did people give this less than 5 stars? This is satanism in our childrens TV!!!! Jesus help us al..
Momo
User ID: 1444470
United States
07/12/2011 02:42 PM
Report Abusive Post

pathetic
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1418597

Wow are YOU obliviously ignorant.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1465070

Did you proof-read that?.. I think you miswrote, well everything. XP
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1465036
United States
07/12/2011 02:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
1. MTV is garbage...
 Quoting: Deus Ex

The AC was talkin shit, not me. And how the fuck do you know that i think being from Texas makes me hard? GTFO. Where you at in TX?

you sure your wife was working out? Or was she "working out"? Since you are obviously a runny pussy. Sooooo good. I'm glad you don't think you are hard because you are from texas. You are stupid. You bitch about your kid watching cartoons, then you talk about recording a fight with you in it. :bananahump:
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1282080
United States
07/12/2011 02:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
weird...and Illinois lottery winning number was 666 day after obammy was elected...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1082682
United States
07/12/2011 02:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
Unplug your television and throw it away.

Seriously, your kids will end up Valedictorian and Salutatorian of their high school class.
Anonymous Coward
United States
07/12/2011 02:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
1rof1
It only has an effect if your mind is already programmed and 'perverted'/'coverted'. Kids don't know enough to catch that kind of stuff or blow little things out of proportion.
 Quoting: hardthought

Oh come on - first of all, sexual references are EVERYWHERE today! Adults don't have to be "perverted/coverted" to know that. And if you don't think kids today, even very young ones, don't already know enough about that kind of stuff in order to be able to make the connections via innuendo, you really are oblivious!

Children are inherently innocent from birth. But thanks to tv, movies, music, magazines in the stores, greedy and evil-minded advertisers, and yes, their own parents, children are corrupted from the youngest ages - it's disturbing and disgusting just how much they know these days.

You call this topic of Cartoon Network a "little thing" being blown out of proportion . . . it's partially that kind of thinking that's gotten this society in such a mess.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1455193
United States
07/12/2011 02:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
i see your point, and i think it's suckish how they put the crap they do into cartoons.

however; i agree with the poster who said to let kids watch what they want (to an extent) and discuss what they are seeing with them. you'd be surprised how quickly children understand and pick up these things when you explain it to them.
this allows them to be able to make decisions for themselves. simply spoonfeeding children and banning them from things, leads to rebellion and trust me, it will make them drawn to that which you are forbidding them. they will watch it at their friend's house or where ever. i have seen it when i was growing up, and while i am raising my child.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1461489
Mexico
07/12/2011 02:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
It is not about what they see, but about what you teach them that forms the baby.

The fact that you freaked out seeing the 666 number mentioned, is only something that affected you, your kid had no understanding or connection to the information received and it is unlikely it will be recalled in future, especially as your kid is experiencing far more reality than the tv.

I am more concerned about films that have themes which are for older children, and the sometimes scary images in the faces of cartoons when they make exagerrated expressions, as this is processed during the night.

If you really make your kid laugh all day, you will find they laugh in their dreams, as they are processing your actions and lol'ing all over again.

jus sayin
Anonymous Coward
United States
07/12/2011 02:57 PM
Report Abusive Post

Ok, while your intentions seem to be good, (except for the bitch reference) will you be as generous with your use of the F-word around your kids as you are in your post here?

Don't get ticked, it's a serious question . . . I've heard parents complaining (rightly so) about all the negative influences and how they want to protect their kids, but their own language is outrageous. And they never once consider how THAT influences their kids. No, I don't think kids should be sheltered from every curse word, but it's definitely about serious, intellectual moderation.

Just an honest observation.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1455193
United States
07/12/2011 03:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
It is not about what they see, but about what you teach them that forms the baby.

The fact that you freaked out seeing the 666 number mentioned, is only something that affected you, your kid had no understanding or connection to the information received and it is unlikely it will be recalled in future, especially as your kid is experiencing far more reality than the tv.

I am more concerned about films that have themes which are for older children, and the sometimes scary images in the faces of cartoons when they make exagerrated expressions, as this is processed during the night.

If you really make your kid laugh all day, you will find they laugh in their dreams, as they are processing your actions and lol'ing all over again.

jus sayin
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1461489

these are good points.

something else to consider for OP (and others) if you shield your child from everything that you deem harmful, they will not adapt well in the real world. unless you plan on keeping your child in a bubble, imo, it's best that when your child is old enough to make choices, that you allow them to do so, while teaching them about what they are seeing.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 968649
United States
07/12/2011 03:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
just wait till they are 10

GLP