Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,864 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 771,505
Pageviews Today: 1,418,943Threads Today: 681Posts Today: 11,762
03:53 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Parents beware of Cartoon Network, i saw something yesterday...

Sandi_T

User ID: 1301649
United States
07/12/2011 03:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Parents beware of Cartoon Network, i saw something yesterday...
My daughter likes crafting shows.

I let her watch a few of the pbs ones, but even some of those are suspect, so it's not a daily event.
No more requests in the "Strangest things" thread please. :hf:

Past Lives requests thread: Thread: That Which Once Was: Past Lives
Gradient
Get over yourself

User ID: 891684
United States
07/12/2011 03:09 PM

Report Abusive Post
.....now all those same parents can't believe why their kids are fuck-ups and mine are respectful, healthy badasses.

Quoting: Dundas

Bump for this
coexistt

glptrainer(at)yahoo.com
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1343261
Canada
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.youtube.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1343261
Canada
Report Abusive Post
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1429199
United States
07/12/2011 03:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
I let my kids watch the Home Channel the other day. That was a bad idea. This swishy guy was showing off his house going room to room. As they walked in to the living room, there sat this old dude who looked like an embalmed corpse. The first guy said something to this affect "Well look whos here! This is my HUSBAND blah blah blah" my kids were like "What?" Then I had to try to explain "gay" to an 8 and 6 year old.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1299553
Canada
07/12/2011 03:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
1. MTV is garbage...
2. Jimmy Neutron is Nick not CN.
3. I am in TX, why do people like you think TX makes you hard? If anything, Texans talk alot of shit just like people in the North East. I was born in the Dirty South (Memphis)... we don't TALK and TALK about how much ass we are gonna whoop.... we just whoop ass.
 Quoting: Deus Ex

The AC was talkin shit, not me. And how the fuck do you know that i think being from Texas makes me hard? GTFO. Where you at in TX?

No, you were clearly talking shit for all to see. You basically played the part of an internet tough guy by asking him to tell you when he's going to be in Texas so you can record the fight. What a fucking lame joke you must be to not connect those two massive freaking dots.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1465070
United States
07/12/2011 05:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
a grown man crying about cartoons

pathetic

his brat will go, "god, i never realized how uptight my fag dad was"

but then again with such a dolt for a dad he might not be able to write
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1402771

Why do idiots like you post here?

Your time would be better spent reading an English grammar book.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1465070
United States
07/12/2011 05:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
I let my kids watch the Home Channel the other day. That was a bad idea. This swishy guy was showing off his house going room to room. As they walked in to the living room, there sat this old dude who looked like an embalmed corpse. The first guy said something to this affect "Well look whos here! This is my HUSBAND blah blah blah" my kids were like "What?" Then I had to try to explain "gay" to an 8 and 6 year old.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1429199

Isn't that disgusting? They are so blatant these days. This is not a commentary on the whole gay topic, just a comment about the fact that they do NOT need to be so open and flaunting. It's sad that a small child has to be told about that topic.
Burt Gummer

User ID: 1464193
United States
07/12/2011 05:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have seen this crap too OP....and it's pure LIBERAL INDOCTRINATION.

Keep the kids away from it for as long as possible.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1457744
United States
07/12/2011 05:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
your afraid of cartoons

must have been at a hotel taking his wife to the insane aslyum

feel sorry for his brat

she has a coward retard dad
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1402771

Lol, you ever in Texas post a thread, we'll meet and post the vid on GLP. We'll see who the coward is.

Hmmmm...you're obviously a 'believer'...that apparently finds it perfectly okay to swear like a bandit...can only assume you do this in front of the kid, as well...

You're in a hotel room on a laptop while your wife is in the 'gym'...uh huh...

You find it appropriate to threaten others as a way to reinforce your manhood...

...AND to top off that glimmering shit-sicle....

...you're from Texas of all places...

Imagine that...

Livin' the dream man, livin' the dream...

BTW, your wife is eyeballin' 19yr olds....just a heads up.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1465044
United States
07/13/2011 09:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
Both my kids are commended on each TAKS and are in the highest level Band each school offers (symphonic)... they watch CN frequently. We get compliments on how well behaved my children are (especially teachers). I guess I fail to see how Cartoon Network and a child's behavior seem to go hand in hand.

It's quite obvious that your kids don't take after you, given the useless drivel you're spouting.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1078715

Your post is insulting to the OP and you are WRONG about CN. Most likely, you're one of those parents who have no idea what your kids are "really" like and how they're being negatively influenced by garbage YOU don't understand.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1465070

So ur telling that perent how to raise their kids....I swear u guy are probebly one of those people who don't believe in modern technology and pray for people to get better, ur probebly the neighborhood bags too u get in other people's beeswax and and is uptight about everything. Do us a favor and go back to knitting doilies and spying on neighbors. Leave us be so we can have a pleasant life.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 36004234
United States
03/12/2013 12:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
So yesterday in the afternoon i'm sitting at the hotel. My wife is working out at the fitness room and i'm chillin with me 4 month old son. The TV just happened to be on Cartoon Network, (not that my son is old enough to watch it, and i wouldn't let him even if he was), and i caught something crazy.

I was on my laptop and the TV was just on in the background and i happened to look up and see bugs bunny and daffy duck arguing. It was the new version of looney tunes, not the old ones. Anyway, bugs is trying to tell daffy that daffy didn't win the lottery. Daffy keeps shaking the lottery ticket in the air saying he won. Then i hear daffy say how he did win cause 666 was the winning number and 666 is on his lottery ticket. Then bugs tells daffy that he's holding his ticket upside-down and the real numbers aren't 666, but 999.

I thought that was pretty damn weird. I know CN has alot of sly little shit like that running in their cartoons so be aware as parents.

Another time i saw about 2 minutes of a jimmy neutron episode where his dad is having a talk with jimmy. His dad literally said, "It was like the day i sat on a banana, and i've never been the same since."

I shit you not. The character actually said that word for word. So anyway, be vigilant and let your kids watch nature shows instead of the evil propaganda that the elites try and use to brain wash the kids.

Peace.

Nature shows? You really are a new parent.LOL Congrats on the little one, btw.

I agree you have to be vigilant but kids are going to want to watch cartoons. Watch what they are watching and have conversations with them. Don't try to shield them too much. They know how to get around too much parental control. It is their job.LOL
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1400009

Ummmm, no. I have a 16 year old son and 17 year old daughter. Both are star athletes in high school and were recently commended on their exit-level TAKS tests. They were raised watching nature shows and being outside. I kept them from watching all the regular kids programing and back then everyone else with kids thought i was weird.....now all those same parents can't believe why their kids are fuck-ups and mine are respectful, healthy badasses.

So i'm raising my new son the same way.

If you wanna let your child's head be filled with the propaganda that spews from the kids shows these days then you're a fuckin retard.

Hahaha 'Star athletes' aren't you proud. You are the most stereotypical parent I've ever seen. Just lock down that child more and wait for them to let you rot in a nursing home. peace
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 35551510
Australia
03/12/2013 11:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
You need a dose of the new Rocket Monkeys!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23977989
United States
03/12/2013 11:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
Dang this thread got knocked down fast!

Here is a fix for that.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 36027025
United States
03/12/2013 11:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
Aw, hell. Back in the early 2000's I was watching "Ed, Edd, & Eddy" and saw all seeing eyes and pyramids. The most prominent one I saw was in the hallway of their school on a blank billboard had an eye on it and said "The principal is always watching."
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31263808
United States
03/12/2013 12:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
Wow, OP, you really know how to stir up the shills.

Here's a few that even I noticed:

Misadventures of Flapjack: a young boy runs off with an old pirate to "candy island"?

Sponge bob: the movie, with Patrick flying through the air naked with a flag stuck in his butt? I don't even know.....

Even Barney used to take kids away from their home to a "special place".

Other shows, like Finn and Jake, seem to always have images or dialogue that don't really make a lot of sense on the surface. It's like, what was even the point of that dialogue? Makes you wonder if there's some hidden message or whatever, because there are a lot of WTF moments.

The Fairly Odd Parents, with those fucking irritating voices, are definitely trying to drive parents out of the room because no adult could stand that shit.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if there were some sort of veiled "programming" going on. I'd be more surprised if there weren't.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 34104390
United States
03/12/2013 12:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
Op, I'm a christian. You have to find that clip of it or I'm calling BS. I'll check back later.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31263808
United States
03/12/2013 12:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
I guess "Christians" don't believe in the search button, then.

Try "daffy duck lottery 666" or basically ANY fucking combination of those words.

Dick.

GLP