Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,692 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 416,142
Pageviews Today: 652,924Threads Today: 245Posts Today: 3,996
07:14 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Why are trolls allowed to post on GLP? What is the difference between a shill and a troll?

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1427566
South Africa
06/14/2011 03:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Why are trolls allowed to post on GLP? What is the difference between a shill and a troll?
Well? There are hundreds of troll threads on GLP everyday as well as 100s of shill posts on here. What is the difference between a troll and a shill?

I think trolls are your average internet jerks sitting at home and posting threads full of lies to stir up trouble and gain thousands of thread views.

What is a shill, I ask?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1427470
Australia
06/14/2011 03:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Why are trolls allowed to post on GLP? What is the difference between a shill and a troll?
Well? There are hundreds of troll threads on GLP everyday as well as 100s of shill posts on here. What is the difference between a troll and a shill?

I think trolls are your average internet jerks sitting at home and posting threads full of lies to stir up trouble and gain thousands of thread views.

What is a shill, I ask?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1427566

txshill4jewdick

comediangimp

chumthetexfag

fubarfagman
Anonymous Coward (OP)
South Africa
06/14/2011 03:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Why are trolls allowed to post on GLP? What is the difference between a shill and a troll?

What is a shill, I ask?

txshill4jewdick

comediangimp

chumthetexfag

fubarfagman
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1427470

lmao peacemoshpit
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1427494
Australia
06/14/2011 03:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
I think the difference between a shill and a troll has been lost, if someone disagrees with you , just call them either one of those names...you will feel goood
Anonymous Coward (OP)
South Africa
06/14/2011 03:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
I think the difference between a shill and a troll has been lost, if someone disagrees with you , just call them either one of those names...you will feel goood
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1427494

bump
stormer

User ID: 1427574
South Africa
06/14/2011 03:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
A shill, plant or stooge is a person who helps a person or organization without disclosing that he or she has a close relationship with that person or organization. Shill typically refers to someone who purposely gives onlookers the impression that he or she is an enthusiastic independent customer of a seller (or marketer of ideas) that he or she is secretly working for. The person or group that hires the shill is using crowd psychology, to encourage other onlookers or audience members to purchase the goods or services (or accept the ideas being marketed). Shills are often employed by confidence artists. Plant and stooge more commonly refer to any person who is secretly in league with another person or organization while pretending to be neutral or actually a part of the organization he or she is planted in, such as a magician's audience, a political party, or an intelligence organization (see double agent).
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery - Bob Marley
stormer

User ID: 1427574
South Africa
06/14/2011 03:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
Here in SA they are more commonly referred to as a 'bladdy agent!'

Last Edited by stormer on 06/14/2011 03:46 AM
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery - Bob Marley
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1329594
United States
06/14/2011 03:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
I was just called a troll. I had a debate with the OP. I used facts and logic, he had nothing but an invalid concept. He then ran to the troll card. LMAO, pathetic.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
South Africa
06/14/2011 03:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
Here in SA they are more commonly referred to as a 'bladdy agent!'
 Quoting: stormer

lmao good one man peace
Anonymous Coward (OP)
South Africa
06/14/2011 03:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
I was just called a troll. I had a debate with the OP. I used facts and logic, he had nothing but an invalid concept. He then ran to the troll card. LMAO, pathetic.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1329594

lolsign
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1427591
Slovenia
06/14/2011 04:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
Generally, a shill is: [link to dictionary.reference.com]

“… a person who publicizes or praises something or someone for reasons of self-interest, personal profit, or friendship or loyalty.”

Specifically on the GLP, a shill is a person who doesn’t agree with my opinion, regardless how delusional and unsubstantiated it is and how many times it has been debunked.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1427591
Slovenia
06/14/2011 04:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
...I think trolls are your average internet jerks sitting at home and posting threads full of lies to stir up trouble and gain thousands of thread views...

... oh and BTW:

feedtroll
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 991956
Australia
06/14/2011 04:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
A shill, plant or stooge is a person who helps a person or organization without disclosing that he or she has a close relationship with that person or organization. Shill typically refers to someone who purposely gives onlookers the impression that he or she is an enthusiastic independent customer of a seller (or marketer of ideas) that he or she is secretly working for. The person or group that hires the shill is using crowd psychology, to encourage other onlookers or audience members to purchase the goods or services (or accept the ideas being marketed). Shills are often employed by confidence artists. Plant and stooge more commonly refer to any person who is secretly in league with another person or organization while pretending to be neutral or actually a part of the organization he or she is planted in, such as a magician's audience, a political party, or an intelligence organization (see double agent).

troll: somebody who posts some stuff that makes themself look so stoopid that people can't help but correct them.

flamebaiter: a poster who tries to get people mad at him so they will flame him
Anonymous Coward (OP)
South Africa
06/14/2011 04:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
Generally, a shill is: [link to dictionary.reference.com]

“… a person who publicizes or praises something or someone for reasons of self-interest, personal profit, or friendship or loyalty.”

Specifically on the GLP, a shill is a person who doesn’t agree with my opinion, regardless how delusional and unsubstantiated it is and how many times it has been debunked.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1427591

...I think trolls are your average internet jerks sitting at home and posting threads full of lies to stir up trouble and gain thousands of thread views...

... oh and BTW:

feedtroll
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1427591

troll: somebody who posts some stuff that makes themself look so stoopid that people can't help but correct them.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 991956

clappa
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1296332
United States
06/14/2011 04:29 AM
Report Abusive Post

What is a shill, I ask?

A shill is a paid idiot. A troll is obviously a troll.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1427124
United Kingdom
06/14/2011 04:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
txgalforjewcock .... is a shill to the highest spec ..5a
Anonymous Coward (OP)
South Africa
06/14/2011 04:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1427124

bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 991956
Australia
06/14/2011 04:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
what about New Jerusalem Russ?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1412509
Australia
06/14/2011 04:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
A shill is a person who shoots down your post regardless of how much documentation you have to prove your point. Sometimes their reasonings are absurb. If they don't turn general opinion against the thread they are trying to shill, then they usually turn into a troll.

A troll is a tard who tries to disrupt a thread with general retardness.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1412509
Australia
06/14/2011 04:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
A troll thread is a retard thread. Sometimes amusing, sometimes just retarded.
Tess

User ID: 1427610
Ireland
06/14/2011 04:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1329594

Same shit here. If I say anything against muslims I'm a jew, .... plus the usual Paddy insults because I'm in Ireland, even though I'm English .. they're just saddos who can't take criticism.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1427543
Australia
06/14/2011 04:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
A shill is a female troll.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1426688
United States
06/14/2011 05:13 AM
Report Abusive Post

What is a shill, I ask?

Without reading any posts but yours, here is my answer.

Your definition of a troll is correct.

A shill is someone who is paid to post a specific way, just as the classic definition of a shill was a person who said specific things to help perpetuate con jobs.

The problem is that no one gives a fuck what anyone on GLP says. Most of the people here are either minimum wage workers or they're on some form of disability. No on, no corporation or government, is going to pay anyone to convince these idiots of anything.

For the most part, shills are either trolls or they're sane. The post things that the paranoids on GLP don't want to see, so they get labeled "shills".
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1426688
United States
06/14/2011 05:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1427494

You said what I was trying to say, but you used a lot less words.

worship
the definer
User ID: 1126871
United States
06/14/2011 05:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
A shill is a ZIONIST Troll.5a
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1426548
Slovenia
06/14/2011 05:32 AM
Report Abusive Post

"He's all right. He's a good fella. He's one of us."

edit: was *snorts*
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1426548
Slovenia
06/14/2011 05:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1427124

The adjective inflation goes: shill, shiller, the TXshill4Zionist

Horace bubba

User ID: 874312
Canada
06/14/2011 05:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
South Africa?

More like South LAUGHrica, amiriet?!

charlie

The Devil would never go down to Georgia.

Eeew.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
South Africa
06/14/2011 05:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
South Africa?

More like South LAUGHrica, amiriet?!

charlie

Quoting: Horace bubba

lmao yeah sure ahole

hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1283085
United States
06/14/2011 05:55 AM
Report Abusive Post

What is a shill, I ask?

Trolls are losers who get their kicks by starting arguments and derailing threads.

Shills are posters with an agenda. They want to promote certain specific topics or viewpoints, but they make effort to not to be discovered as the biased and closed-minded source that they truly are.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1159335
Germany
06/14/2011 06:10 AM
Report Abusive Post

He is/was just plain mental...like most of us!

5a

GLP