F-16 Falcon crashed in Nevada desert 6/28...6/30 Update: Pilot did not survive

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1431203
United States
06/29/2011 04:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
F-16 Falcon crashed in Nevada desert 6/28...6/30 Update: Pilot did not survive
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Air Force officials searched Tuesday for a missing pilot one day after a fighter jet crashed in the Nevada desert during training exercises.

The aircraft was participating in a combat training mission at the time of the crash, about 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, said Brig. Gen. T.J. O’Shaughnessy of the 57th Wing says the F-16C Fighting Falcon.

“There was one pilot, and a search and rescue mission is under way to locate the pilot,” O’Shaughnessy told reporters during a news conference late Tuesday night.
[link to www.rgj.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1427584
United States
06/29/2011 04:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: F-16 Falcon crashed in Nevada desert 6/28...6/30 Update: Pilot did not survive
lens flare
BRIEF

User ID: 381742
United States
06/29/2011 04:32 PM

Report Abusive Post
Re: F-16 Falcon crashed in Nevada desert 6/28...6/30 Update: Pilot did not survive
Was he raptured?
I never forgive and I never forget

I am a licensed firearm holder. I will, under protection of law, use lethal force if attacked.

Briefcut4892
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
06/29/2011 04:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
Sources say all air training at Nellis has been suspended. The base that flies 42,000 training missions a year, so a significant amount of flying will not be done until further notice. The Air Force wants to figure out what went wrong, but most importantly wants to find their pilot.
[link to www.8newsnow.com]

Hope they find him alive and well.
BRIEF

User ID: 381742
United States
06/29/2011 04:36 PM

Report Abusive Post
Sources say all air training at Nellis has been suspended. The base that flies 42,000 training missions a year, so a significant amount of flying will not be done until further notice. The Air Force wants to figure out what went wrong, but most importantly wants to find their pilot.

Quoting: Madigan

Isn't there a signal sent if he ejects?
I never forgive and I never forget

I am a licensed firearm holder. I will, under protection of law, use lethal force if attacked.

Briefcut4892
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1244883
United States
06/29/2011 04:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
The search is taking place on federal land roughly 120 miles north of Las Vegas, about 20 miles west of Caliente. Las Vegas is home to Nellis Air Force Base, which trains pilots in military flight and combat, frequently sending jets soaring over empty Nevada desert.

Air Force officials did not release the pilot’s name, citing privacy concerns.

The plane involved was the type used by the Air Force’s aerial demonstration team, the Thunderbirds. The F-16C Fighting Falcon developed by Lockheed Martin Corp. costs $18.8 million to produce and can travel at speeds up to 1,500 mph.

Calling the crash a “mishap,” O’Shaughnessy said the investigation was in its early stages.

$18.8 million wasted-could've fed a lot of hungry people
stop "combat" and you can stop "combat training" and stop dying for fucking nothing
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/29/2011 04:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
The plane involved was the type used by the Air Force’s aerial demonstration team, the Thunderbirds. The F-16C Fighting Falcon developed by Lockheed Martin Corp. costs $18.8 million to produce and can travel at speeds up to 1,500 mph.

oh, it was for the Thunderbirds, a recruitment public relations scheme for the Air Farce...and "we" tell teens not to have sex and engage in risky behavior...but this is ok cuz it's for entertainmentwtf
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
06/29/2011 04:44 PM
Report Abusive Post

Isn't there a signal sent if he ejects?
 Quoting: BRIEF

OH....just read a different article...NO tracking device. Why?

The jet did not have live weaponry and was not equipped with an active locating device, O'Shaughnessy said. He described the exercise that preceded the crash as a "dogfight" between two aircraft.
Anonymous Coward
United States
Report Abusive Post
Yeah....so many unknown variables. Who knows what went wrong until
their investigation is complete.

Bullshit...they know everything already...they just lie so they "think" they won't look like idiots...but they're military...so of course they're idiots 5a
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1276837
Italy
Report Abusive Post
huh
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1448184
United States
06/29/2011 04:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
p l a s m a
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/29/2011 04:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
The jet did not have live weaponry and was not equipped with an active locating device,

yeah right, at 18.8 million they didn't want to equip it with a cell phone or a gps, could've added a hundred bucks to the price, and what the hell would they need it for anyway...anyone believes this stupid bullshit is stupid bullshit
ScrumpTheTexanModerator
Forum Administrator

User ID: 1415693
United States
06/29/2011 04:49 PM

Report Abusive Post
The jet did not have live weaponry and was not equipped with an active locating device,

Strange...

hmm
I am a Christian.

Christian does not equal doormat or pushover

"I Have Sworn upon the Altar of God... Eternal Hostility against every form of Tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson, Sep. 23, 1800

MedinaD

The Election of Donald John Trump: [link to www.godlikeproductions.com]

For previous Newsletters, click 'Scrump's News Letters' @ [link to www.godlikeproductions.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1402016
United States
06/29/2011 04:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
Did it look like this?
[IMG] [link to i55.tinypic.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1441985
United States
06/29/2011 04:56 PM
Report Abusive Post

Strange...

hmm
 Quoting: ScrumpTheTexan

More than strange. It is a lie. All military Jets have locating devices. Ground can turn them on. Wonder if he flew over Las Alamos?
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
06/29/2011 04:58 PM
Report Abusive Post

Strange...

hmm

More than strange. It is a lie. All military Jets have locating devices. Ground can turn them on. Wonder if he flew over Las Alamos?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1441985

This story sure does open itself up to a lot of speculation.

Why do you suggest Los Alamos?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1342668
Canada
06/29/2011 04:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
Oh strangeness.
I had a dream about a fighter plane going down in the USA..but in my dream there was an explosive payload.
Best luck to finding the pilot.
008-80

User ID: 1391397
United States
06/29/2011 05:07 PM
Report Abusive Post

Strange...

hmm

AWOL
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1448174
United States
06/29/2011 05:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT PILOT DESTROYING A MULTI MILLION AIRCRAFT. IF HE IS FOUND I HOPE THEY MAKE THE SON OF A BITCH PAY BACK THE TAX PAYER FOR HIS INCOMPETENCE.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 899802
United States
06/29/2011 05:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
The ejection seat has a beacon in the survival kit; don't think they are off usually; but you could find the seat and not find the pilot.
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/29/2011 05:15 PM
Report Abusive Post

Strange...

hmm

It's not only strange it's a lie.
El Samyaza

User ID: 1072087
United States
06/29/2011 05:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
Broken Arrow
Trinity of Samyaza

SMYZ
SPRM

Facebook: [link to www.facebook.com]
humuhumunukunukuapuaa​
United States
06/29/2011 05:20 PM
Report Abusive Post

Strange...

hmm

Since those 4 broken arrows went to Texas from Minot North Dakota a few years back, my Senator has assured me every plane and nuke is supervised by numerous sources.

Let's pretend those nukes never made it back to North Dakota, or let's pretend the current flooding in Minot forced moving stored nukes to a seperate location....and some became broken arrows.

There is little chance inventory would miss these missiles for long, and they certainly would miss a fighter jet.

The window is short. A nuke delivered by a fighter improbable, but the excuse would be the fire in Los Alamos detonated some nuclear material. It would take years to determine what really happened.

The strange part, the part that makes me think this is not normal, is the lack of tracking device on the pilot and the jet. No "active" locating device.

Sound familiar? Remember the transponders turned off on 9/11?

Trinity's latest (current) vaugue "waiting" message makes me think he let a little slip. The video he used shows a guy igniting a fire within a fire.

That is what we are concerned about happening in Nevada. Maybe Trinity is just thinking like me, or maybe he has some inside scoop.
humuhumnukunukuapuaa
United States
06/29/2011 05:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
Broken Arrow
 Quoting: El Samyaza

My thoughts exactly. No news story yet has confirmed they even found the crash site.

Missing pilot and missing plane. Of course, a crash site, as we know, is not hard to manufacture. Case and point -- Pennsylvania.
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/29/2011 05:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
Broken Arrow
 Quoting: El Samyaza

This actually wouldn't be a Broken Arrow but your point is made.
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/29/2011 05:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
The aircraft was participating in a combat training mission at the time of the crash, about 5:30 p.m. Tuesday,

This happened more than 24 hours ago, and still no pilot?
This whole story is absurd bullshit served with a side of craps226 eat up, soup's on!
humuhumnukunukuapuaa
United States
06/29/2011 05:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
The aircraft was participating in a combat training mission at the time of the crash, about 5:30 p.m. Tuesday,

This happened more than 24 hours ago, and still no pilot?
This whole story is absurd bullshit served with a side of craps226 eat up, soup's on!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1244883

I'd believe no pilot, but I would not believe no tracking device.

We have 2 seperate potential nuclear incidents east of the Rockies:

1. Nuclear plants flooding and releasing:

2. Fire burning fissile material or even detonating bomb at nuke weapons factory.

Now....missing pilot and plane, no "active" tracking device, and the fire is reaching its peak as well as the flood.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 819998
United States
06/29/2011 05:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
How odd...
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/29/2011 05:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
this was buried with a 1star...but is an extremely odd story so I suggest we bump and 5 star, and PIN!
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/29/2011 05:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT PILOT DESTROYING A MULTI MILLION AIRCRAFT. IF HE IS FOUND I HOPE THEY MAKE THE SON OF A BITCH PAY BACK THE TAX PAYER FOR HIS INCOMPETENCE.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1448174

How long would it take to pay back 18.8 million plus fuel and training?
humuhumnukunukuapuaa
United States
06/29/2011 05:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
Here is Trinity's recent post from his thread....trying to clue us into what he thinks is coming.

Notice the video demonstrates an explosion within a fire. I think he is probably thinking detonation near Los Alamos during fire.

He probably would rather not go out on a limb and explain his prediction, because he might get hit with the usual massive fail banners.

However, it is not inconceivable the fire could easily be blamed for a nuclear blast. Areas nearby are being evacuated.

Again, if any of the Minot broken arrows from Texas were not actually returned, or some were stolen during a flood evacuation, they may be trying to load them up again on a "missing" jet.

Waiting? For what; praytell?
 Quoting: Elsabiades

I have no further comment on the subject at this time...

[link to video.godlikeproductions.com]
 Quoting: ^TrInItY^

GLP