Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Breaking News * Urgent * Telegraph: EU On Verge of Systemic Economic Collapse

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1474392
United Kingdom
07/19/2011 06:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Breaking News * Urgent * Telegraph: EU On Verge of Systemic Economic Collapse
What would happen if the euro does collapse? Would they all go back to their old currencies or would their be no money. This may seem like a daft question but I am genuinely interested, would everything stop? Food, fuel, etc. Would people stop going to work? Please someone tell me what will happen?

Thanks
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1474393
United Kingdom
07/19/2011 06:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Breaking News * Urgent * Telegraph: EU On Verge of Systemic Economic Collapse
If you're in Europe, I recommend you get your savings somewhere safe right now.
 Quoting: Intentionally Blank

WHAT SAVINGS???!!!! ,they fucking plundered them already!!!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1466456

x1
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1474375
Italy
07/19/2011 06:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
What would happen if the euro does collapse? Would they all go back to their old currencies or would their be no money. This may seem like a daft question but I am genuinely interested, would everything stop? Food, fuel, etc. Would people stop going to work? Please someone tell me what will happen?

Thanks
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1474392

The whole Europe wil cease to exist at molecular level
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1199765
United States
07/19/2011 06:44 PM
Report Abusive Post

Thanks

Probably would unwind in reverse to how it was formed, inconveniences, cross border issues, but not major collapse I would think. However you would wind up with a number of insolvent loser countries bankrupt and in chaos, and one or two strong countries who have had their fill of paying the way for the worthless slug countries who may very well collapse. What happens after that may be ugly, but only time will tell. Of course your Euros could very well become useless paper very quickly.
bump
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
07/19/2011 06:45 PM
Report Abusive Post

Thanks

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1474375

I don't think anyone know what will happen otherwise they wouldn't give a ridiculous answer like above
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1332385
United States
07/19/2011 06:47 PM
Report Abusive Post

Thanks

Good question. I'm not sure you'll get a definitive answer though. I don't think anyone really knows how far this will go yet. I could very well lead to war down the road.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1474317
United Kingdom
07/19/2011 06:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
so I should go to tesco and buy a lot of food with my credit card (i.e. money I don't have, while it is still available)???
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1474317

Well, imo i would put a little (as much as not to be a hardship to pay it back, whether it be only $25, just to make sure you have something more than what you have now. Just in case. Chances are, the prices won't be going down.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1417688

yes, my friend, the prices keep going up and up. I have certainly noticed a difference. My wife and I used to joke (when we got together) oh look you could but that candy bar for 10p back in our day, but its no joke now, things are near double, more than double in some cases
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
07/19/2011 06:51 PM
Report Abusive Post

Thanks

Good question. I'm not sure you'll get a definitive answer though. I don't think anyone really knows how far this will go yet. I could very well lead to war down the road.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1332385

Thank you this is what I thought. Who knows? But surely they have destroyed the old currencies and you wouldn't be able to go to the cashpoint and wtf would be the point in going to work and if so the shelves won't be stocked and you wouldn't be able to buy fuel and all HELL would break loose. OMFG!!!!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1264088
United States
07/19/2011 06:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
This is important guys. Real important.

How can it be important if this is what is meant to happen.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1474419
Italy
07/19/2011 07:00 PM
Report Abusive Post

Thanks

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1474375

I don't think anyone know what will happen otherwise they wouldn't give a ridiculous answer like above

I see the sense of humor already ceased to exist

anyway the most probable outcomes are:

Country default - the country don't pay the debts or accord with a certain number of countries to repay a low % of the debt mainly in export

Banks loaded with CDP ( France for Italy, Germany for Greece..etc) will bankrupt so the people savings into those baks will be lost....since now they keep on extending loans to PIIGS cause they are more cheap than saving the banks

the circulation euros will be sustained only in the inner territory of a single country. Probably 10.000 euros each person for bak account. While each country will start to print (lol like they did not already printed them...Germany Greece and Italy since 2009 )

probably some countries will create a currency in conjunction with economic partners.

Surely, China and Russia will jump in offering credit and support for the new currency of PIIGS
Luvapottamus

User ID: 1428854
United States
07/19/2011 07:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
For those who blame welfare and food stamps, the human trash, for the collapse, and want such people to die, you know people would have jobs if it wasn't for outsourcing, illegal immigration, letting uneducated immigrants in, letting in people in high tech work visas, they could have built a strong infrastructure if they hadn't spent so much money on substitutes for corporations, corporate welfare, foreign aid, funding the UN, fighting wars. Sure there are people who take advantage of the system, but not on the same level as those who buy the best government money can buy. The unregulated bankers and investors who ran wild and gambled away the economy and left the tax payers to pay off the debt, those are the people responsible.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1468364

(edit: meant to clip the person you were responding to too, not replying to you, AC)
It's more divide and conquor for the Reaganites: the right wing that rightfully hated the Carter job(crazy interest rate hikes and general flakiness-it was a righteous anger)

But Bush didn't halt illegal immigration, or cut back on welfare. It's just a big manipulation so you won't see the real enemy: the oligarchy and their corporations that won't let you "compete" which is another psyop. They won't let you run a business in the way we once could. Overregulation doesn't harm the big boys. You aren't gonna get rich by fair play, and you aren't gonna be poor because of "worthless eaters."

Lots of right wingers think the reason they haven't "gotten rich" YET, is because of those on the dole. The MONEY IS FAKE.

That's the problem. It's not used for INFRASTRUCTURE. Back in the day, when we "pulled ourselves up by our bootstraps"
there was lots of undeveloped land, more localized government, and from FDR to Kennedy, we busted up monopolies. Reagan, Bush, Clinton, and Obama merged them back together like never before.

Populations of multi-generational welfare abusers have arisen just for diverting your anger.

Do you complain about UNIONS? What unions?

(BTW, Eisenhower was a pretty good republican, this isn't a partisan rant, quite the contrary. Free yourself from the brainwashing.)

Last Edited by Luvapottamus on 07/19/2011 07:02 PM
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 658762
United States
07/19/2011 07:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yet the Dow is up up and a away!
 Quoting: Sedi

ive said it before and ill say it again

we need these types of stories to be in the mainstream media news fox/ccn/sky etc before it will have an afect on the markets...other wise it means shit
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1473791

One would think that maybe if the normal media will not take this news mainstream, you need to come up with a way to bring the mainstream to you....

Classic television and news reporting is dead, it is time to re create the business. Kids now days dont watch TV, they watch things like netflix, how and when they want it... Not like when we grew up... If we wanted to watch something our buts had to be parked in the couch at the time when our boradcaster wanted us sitting on a couch...

Time for a change....

Get it ?
The Monk
User ID: 936918
United States
07/19/2011 07:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
Only Germany can save EMU as contagion turns systemic

Really...
 Quoting: °Epic°

You know, the timing of this coinciding so closely with the U.S. "debt limit" kabuki dance makes me a bit suspicious. We're set up to collapse the entire Western economy. If anyone so much as breathes in the wrong direction, it could all come tumbling down like a card castle.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1389754
United States
07/19/2011 07:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
Where's Hitler when you need him?

He had the right idea for Germany and Europe. If his system where in place, things would be far more stable now.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1474434
United States
07/19/2011 07:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
bumphiding
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1473046
Spain
07/19/2011 07:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
THE
.....END
.............OF MONEY
........IS
....NEAR

REPENT ALL YOU MINDLESS CAPITALIST SLAVES

Step up and build the future

All of us
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1472082
Portugal
07/19/2011 07:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
Pin this! The Telegraph is probably the most serious, straight-laced and respected newspaper in the world.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1371719

cruise

STFU. Seriously!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1389754
United States
07/19/2011 07:26 PM
Report Abusive Post

Really...

Poor poor, poor Germany.

Leave us alone already you banking loansharks!

I want my peseta baaaaaack

germany
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1474248

Lazy spanish dog.

Can't compete, so you blame German banks.

Why don't you take another four hour Siesta?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1437454
Canada
07/19/2011 07:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yet the Dow is up up and a away!
 Quoting: Sedi

fight
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
07/19/2011 07:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
A comment to the article:

Reason is simple; the British media obsess with Europe because the only way the US/UK can avoid total implosion of the bankrupt Anglosphere financial economy is by attempting to trigger a currency crisis in a rival region like the Eurozone.

The US is completely bankrupt; there is no way out ; this year they will run a $ 2 trillion deficit ; their debt is $ 14 trillion and they have $ 114 trillion unfunded liabilities.

The US regime is fighting 5 losing wars in AfPak,Iraq, Libya and Yemen and 50% of all US states including California are bankrupt.

The US/UK are desperate therefore to avoid the total implosion of their ponzi scheme financial system; they are desperately attempting to trigger a financial collapse in a rival to trigger fund flows into their bankrupt financial system.

This is why every European should understand that the number 1 national security threat to all Europeans is the financial terror orchestrated by the US/UK and launched via their armies of US Credit ratings agencies, US/UK news agencies and US/UK hedge funds.

The US Credit ratings agencies, US/UK news agencies and US/UK hedge funds are engaged in full blown financial terror against Europe in a desperate attempt to trigger a collapse to send fund flows into the bankrupt anglosphere.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1473644
United States
07/19/2011 07:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
No way on this earth will this ever be allowed to happen because of the implications of violent riots and mass mayhem , thi will and cannot happen take my owrd for it when they come to an agrement by thursday or at least on thursday, your making something out of nothing fucking retard. TAKE HEED THIS WILL AND CANNOT BE POSSIBLE AND WON'T HAPPEN ITS ALREADY BEEN SORTED BUT THE NEWS AS YET TO BE RELEASED TO YOU ARSEHOLES THE SHEEPLE, TRUST ME I KNOW WATCH AND SEE AND THEN COME BACK AND SAY I WAS RIGHT , GOD YOUR SUCH MORONS.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1474120

What, do you think they can keep on kicking the can down the road forever, asshole ? Can't you feel a global collapse has been in the works for quite some time now ? GOD YOUR SUCHA MORON.
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
07/19/2011 07:32 PM
Report Abusive Post

Really...

Poor poor, poor Germany.

Leave us alone already you banking loansharks!

I want my peseta baaaaaack

germany
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1474248

Lazy spanish dog.

Can't compete, so you blame German banks.

Why don't you take another four hour Siesta?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1389754

Garbage. [link to stats.oecd.org]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1107716
United States
07/19/2011 07:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
Sweet. Time for a big RESET.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1199765
United States
07/19/2011 07:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
THE
.....END
.............OF MONEY
........IS
....NEAR

REPENT ALL YOU MINDLESS CAPITALIST SLAVES

Step up and build the future

All of us
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1473046

Rodger that! There will be much gnashing of teeth as millions see their paper "wealth' evaporate in a heartbeat. The smart ones, however will realize that life goes on. A good example was last Fall when power went out on my road for 4 days. After the initial shock I soon realized that living in my house was not possible if I had to crap over a log in the woods! A little bit later after a trip down to the pond and a couple of 5 gallon buckets, viola! Working toilets! With the major problem behind me setting up a simpler life without electricity was easily arranged.

With money gone, gold and silver will have a valuable, but short life until they are replaced by food and ammunition. Unless of course you wind up in a FEMA camp where all your needs are provided for. In any case, it promises to get very interesting and nothing the US government has done or plans to do will change this event from coming about. Perhaps it is their PLAN, eh!
~reaper~

User ID: 1402311
United States
07/19/2011 07:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
i think it is called "CHANGE" the shit should start
flying any day now...she is gonna blow.

O' ya believe
Heavyheadfred
User ID: 1474461
United Kingdom
07/19/2011 07:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
If not now then soon, what do you idiots out there think, who do not believe this could happen. What else is there, the eternal bailout, where money just appears from nowhere, to bail out a used up over expensive bureaucratic bunch of European idiots, who have no sense of economy.

Return to your own currencies, readdress the debt by deflation of the currency, and it is European countries that owns the debt so they can set their own repayments which will benefit their individual economies instead of killing them by stupid European economic regulations, and interest tariffs.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1448942
Australia
07/19/2011 07:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
If it happens, it's been planned, and there's absolutely nothing any of us can do to stop it.

So, if it does happen, everyone with a good stash of pre-Fukushima organic food and potable spring water is welcome to email me their location.

In case the internet is permanently down, just send up some smoke signals in the general direction of Atlantic Canada.

I'll bring the marshmallows. And a cat.

Much obliged.

grinning
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1474349

Deal! I'll smoke you from over here and you can pop over and we'll have a nice cup of tea followed by some kangaroo steaks (plenty of those). Please bring your delightful Canadian wit, excellent written and oral communication skills and a good understanding of astrophysics.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1462325
United Kingdom
07/19/2011 07:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
A comment to the article:

Reason is simple; the British media obsess with Europe because the only way the US/UK can avoid total implosion of the bankrupt Anglosphere financial economy is by attempting to trigger a currency crisis in a rival region like the Eurozone.

The US is completely bankrupt; there is no way out ; this year they will run a $ 2 trillion deficit ; their debt is $ 14 trillion and they have $ 114 trillion unfunded liabilities.

The US regime is fighting 5 losing wars in AfPak,Iraq, Libya and Yemen and 50% of all US states including California are bankrupt.

The US/UK are desperate therefore to avoid the total implosion of their ponzi scheme financial system; they are desperately attempting to trigger a financial collapse in a rival to trigger fund flows into their bankrupt financial system.

This is why every European should understand that the number 1 national security threat to all Europeans is the financial terror orchestrated by the US/UK and launched via their armies of US Credit ratings agencies, US/UK news agencies and US/UK hedge funds.

The US Credit ratings agencies, US/UK news agencies and US/UK hedge funds are engaged in full blown financial terror against Europe in a desperate attempt to trigger a collapse to send fund flows into the bankrupt anglosphere.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1472082

Interesting. Possible.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1352142
United States
07/19/2011 07:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
Wohoo its finally going to really happen. No more kicking the can down the road! Bring it ON!

Ron Paul 2012!
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
07/19/2011 07:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
Let's cut the crap here. This full scale attack to the Euro started when the Chinese decided to get rid of the Dollar. This is financial warfare in progress.

GLP