Silly karma pin question...

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1499065
United States
08/16/2011 12:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Silly karma pin question...
When you push 'pin' on the right of the page, what does that do? Just sends an anonymous suggestion to pin that thread right?

And is there a page of any sort where you can see the pins you've suggested to pin or unpin?

I'm just curious cause I accidentally suggested a pin on a thread that definitely doesn't need one. It doesn't matter really, just curious if there was a way I could cancel my pin suggestion. I'm thinking it doesn't work that way though.
TrixieMama

User ID: 1311280
United States
08/16/2011 12:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Silly karma pin question...
When you push 'pin' on the right of the page, what does that do? Just sends an anonymous suggestion to pin that thread right?

And is there a page of any sort where you can see the pins you've suggested to pin or unpin?

I'm just curious cause I accidentally suggested a pin on a thread that definitely doesn't need one. It doesn't matter really, just curious if there was a way I could cancel my pin suggestion. I'm thinking it doesn't work that way though.
 Quoting: ChunkyMonkey

The one on the right simply sends a msg to mods asking for a pin. I think when enough are placed you get a pin.

If you want to use your karma points to pin yourself or someone else, you go to the left welcome box and click on *your karma* then click on redeem karma and then click global pin. It will confirm your request and put a global pin in your *bank*. Then you can either pin your own thread or another persons in the box under their avatar in their thread.

As for seeing what pins you have suggested, I don't believe you can do that.

Good luck :)
"I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me" Phillipians 4:13
"I shall call upon the name of the Lord who is worthy to be praised; so shall I be saved from mine enemies" Psalm 18:2-4
"In God is my salvation and my glory; the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God." Psalm 62:6-8
"He must become greater; I must become less.” John 3:30
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 1499065
United States
08/16/2011 12:15 PM
Report Abusive Post

The one on the right simply sends a msg to mods asking for a pin. I think when enough are placed you get a pin.

If you want to use your karma points to pin yourself or someone else, you go to the left welcome box and click on *your karma* then click on redeem karma and then click global pin. It will confirm your request and put a global pin in your *bank*. Then you can either pin your own thread or another persons in the box under their avatar in their thread.

Quoting: TrixieMama

Ok, thank you very much. I was just curious if there was a way to cancel a pin suggestion, but you answered my question I think. I had just accidentally pushed 'pin' on some violent thread and I didn't want to be associated with that.
TrixieMama

User ID: 1311280
United States
08/16/2011 12:20 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: TrixieMama

Ok, thank you very much. I was just curious if there was a way to cancel a pin suggestion, but you answered my question I think. I had just accidentally pushed 'pin' on some violent thread and I didn't want to be associated with that.

No love, no way to cancel one. It balances out though because if you thought it wasn't a good thread then someone else will too and click it ;)
"I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me" Phillipians 4:13
"I shall call upon the name of the Lord who is worthy to be praised; so shall I be saved from mine enemies" Psalm 18:2-4
"In God is my salvation and my glory; the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God." Psalm 62:6-8
"He must become greater; I must become less.” John 3:30

GLP