Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,832 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 379,473
Pageviews Today: 648,801Threads Today: 314Posts Today: 4,374
07:40 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

3 plane crashes in less than 24hrs , Solar? GPS, Altitude incorrect?

StarshipH20
User ID: 1274349
United States
08/20/2011 07:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
3 plane crashes in less than 24hrs , Solar? GPS, Altitude incorrect?
1st s story time (CNN) -- A charter flight crashed Saturday afternoon in Canada's Arctic, killing 12 people and injuring three others, First Air said.

The Boeing 737-200, en route to Resolute Bay from Yellowknife, went down roughly 10 minutes after its last reported communication, according to the airline. Eleven passengers and four crew members were on board.

1/3rd of story , rest here [link to www.cnn.com]

Pilot killed at Kansas City air show
(CNN) -- The pilot of a high-performance biplane died Saturday afternoon when his aircraft crashed at an air show in Kansas City, Missouri, officials said.

The plane was doing maneuvers around 1:45 p.m. CT (2:45 p.m. ET) when it crashed into grass near a runway at the Charles B. Wheeler Downtown Airport, said Joe McBride, spokesman for the Kansas City Aviation Department.

1/4th of story .. rest here [link to www.cnn.com]

20 August 2011 Last updated at 18:30 ET
Share this page , bbc
Red Arrows pilot dies in Bournemouth Air Festival crash
An RAF Red Arrows pilot died when his plane crashed following a display at the Bournemouth Air Festival in Dorset.

Flt Lt Jon Egging, 33, from Rutland, was killed when his Hawk T1 aircraft - Red 4 - crashed about 1km south east of Bournemouth Airport at 13:50 BST.

Eyewitnesses described seeing the plane plunge to the ground in a field near the River Stour at Throop village.

[link to www.bbc.co.uk]
vor

User ID: 1498916
United States
08/20/2011 07:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: 3 plane crashes in less than 24hrs , Solar? GPS, Altitude incorrect?
I may be wrong, but I doubt air show pilots are using much more than visual recognition.
StarshipH20 (OP)
United States
08/20/2011 09:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
That's what i'm saying < GPS Altitude computer systems. , they were reported to be flying lower than what they had been expected , one looks like it clipped the trees
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1500914
United Kingdom
08/20/2011 09:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
one in uk aswell today

Tributes have been paid to Flight Lieutenant Jon Egging after his Red Arrow jet crashed in Dorset.

[link to news.sky.com]
Baldrick

User ID: 1513030
Australia
08/20/2011 09:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
Well, the airshow crash is probably not one caused by instrument failure. The other two? Dunno.

Seems to me plane crashes are becoming a common occurance.

The air safety stats may need to be rewritten...
Blackadder: Baldrick, how did you manage to find a turnip that cost £400 000?
Baldrick: Well, I had to haggle.
StarshipH20 (OP)
United States
08/20/2011 09:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to planecrashinfo.com]

Wonder if any of these ,match any times of heavy solar activity or gamma ray burst , or anything else ....... just wondering , because we dont actually hear about all report crashes
StarshipH20 (OP)
United States
08/20/2011 09:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
some interesting reports

Date: July 06, 2011
Time: 23:00

Summary: While flying at 12,500 feet, the cargo plane crashed into a mountain peak, exploded and burned about 15 miles from Bagram. The aircraft was loaded with fuel for the International Security Assistance Force in Afghanistan.

ACCIDENT DETAILS
Date: May 25, 2011
Time: 22:50
Operator: Air Charter Services Pvt. Ltd.

Summary: While en route, the plane crashed into the roof of a house and burst into flames. The flight was transporting a 20 year-old patient to Apollo Hospital. The patient, two doctors, two attendants, the pilot and copilot, as well as three people in the house were killed.

Date: April 19, 2011
Time: 13:57

Summary: The helicopter crashed into a hill as it attempted to land at a high altitude helipad Six, including the copilot escaped with minor injuries..

Date: February 22, 2011
Time: ?

Summary: For unknown reasons, the small plane crashed into a field while en route.

ACCIDENT DETAILS
Date: February 14, 2011
Time: 08:02
Operator: Central American Airways

Summary: The small airlilner crashed into a hill at an elevation of 2,000 feet while on approach in poor visibility

--------

The above are reports of similar accidents in the last year , 1/2 of the data was not provided please see previous post and link for more info
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1498322
United States
08/20/2011 10:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
My wife's TomTom 920 has been off by as much as a quarter mile these past 3 days..... We think something is up.
riderr

User ID: 1511655
United States
08/20/2011 10:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
Florida had to change the airport what ever because of the rise in earths shuman freq.rise in energy.My guess

Last Edited by riderr on 08/20/2011 10:06 PM
There is no finish line
[link to www.facebook.com]

Love is the highest motivation which man may utilize in his universe ascent. Love is the desire to do good to others-Urantia Book

Gold is food that can be consumed,to make your transition to the higher realms easy
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1468529
United States
08/20/2011 10:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
I live in Anchorage, Alaska and mt GPS has been all out of wack today. It would jump locations and was never accurate within 5 miles. Usually its accurate to within 20' circumference.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1512888
Peru
08/20/2011 10:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Interesting but accidents happen and they don't seem to be related.

I would call coincidence.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1513121
United States
08/20/2011 10:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
Another one in Titusville, PA :

[link to www.goerie.com]

[link to www.post-gazette.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1220210
United States
08/20/2011 10:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1473282
United States
08/20/2011 10:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
Its weird cause chicago and michigan both had air shows this weekend.Which leads me to beleive this weekend is the national weekend for air shows.Its something i havent ever noticed before.The more planes you have flying at each other = more accidents I guess.
Lonestar

User ID: 1512997
United States
08/20/2011 10:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
I call faulty/diddled-with GPS.
50.001% Sweetheart / 49.999% Asshole - trust me, you DON'T want to push it!

"I drink for the honorable purpose of getting bagged." -- Jackie Gleason

TRUTH. Plunge it like a flaming sword into the pulsating domain of reality.
2Crazy4U

User ID: 1504486
Venezuela
08/20/2011 10:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
I live in Anchorage, Alaska and mt GPS has been all out of wack today. It would jump locations and was never accurate within 5 miles. Usually its accurate to within 20' circumference.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1468529

I hear from a NASA conference, that the Magnetosphere is going nuts by solar flares and CME, the most likely to have problem was GPS navigation, Satelite communication, even my Satelite TV receiver is acting weird. (had to reset them like 3 times today due to lake of signal lost)

But anyway if something is wrong and the NTSB/FAA knows about it i seriously doubt that they are going to do nothing. Just cover up like ussual.
Life its not measure by the number of breath you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1185729
United States
08/20/2011 10:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
They don't use GPS for the altimeter. What the hell are you talking about? Not even on commercial airliners. As for navigation, the INS is used, not GPS. GPS is currently just used to assist with the INS but isn't relied upon.

As for these aerobatic planes, the most common mistake for these aerobatic planes is the pilot forgets to set his altimeter and misinterprets the ground altitude (Usually you would always set your altimeter to zero from the runway instead of sea level).
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1500790
Canada
08/20/2011 11:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
Strange like in knowing: crash plane and after gps and cell phone problem because if solar flare. But don't mean to invistiguate more than that. Just underlying the coincidence...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1511061
United States
08/20/2011 11:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
I saw this earlier. The KC one. We have been hit with 2 massive storms 2 nights in a row. Last nights knocked our power at at 2:30am, it just came back 15 minutes ago. Out of boredom from no power I went down to the farmers market (5 blocks south and 2 blocks east) and while walking around I heard the sound of a aircraft going into a stall. When I looked up and found him he was just increasing his pitch vertical and then stalled, turned around, jumped his engines and dissapeared behind the building sky line. I thought it was crazy low but I figured it was a stunt for an air show. Now with power back I check here first to see what I've missed and find this.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1392886
United States
08/20/2011 11:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
someones was suicidal today
KoFFee_

User ID: 1425910
United States
08/20/2011 11:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
I wasn't aware of this solar flare the other day.

[link to www.youtube.com]
However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task
the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace. Acts 20:24

"This man really is the Savior of the world!" John 4:42

Look, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him;
and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be! Amen.
I am the Alpha and the Omega, " says the Lord God, who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty." Revelation 1:7
Tawandaaaa

User ID: 1328412
United States
08/20/2011 11:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
My wife's TomTom 920 has been off by as much as a quarter mile these past 3 days..... We think something is up.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1498322

I've had a lot of people tell me lately that they put my office address into their GPS and it is off by about 10 blocks. My house is off by about 1/2 mile.
Tawandaaaa

User ID: 1328412
United States
08/20/2011 11:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Air show crashes are not that uncommon. I doubt those have anything to do with anything other than pilot or mechanical error.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1513217
United States
08/21/2011 12:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
Tonight friend called from area of Branson MO to tell about strangest lightning storms they eve seen... thinks EMF field is abnormal bigtime or Pole Shift is beginning for real !!! Also reported moon rose in "WRONG" position last night. --- so maybe this relates to plane crashes & other events. ???
Spittin'Cesium

User ID: 1409189
United Kingdom
08/21/2011 12:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
1st s story time (CNN) -- A charter flight crashed Saturday afternoon in Canada's Arctic, killing 12 people and injuring three others, First Air said.

The Boeing 737-200, en route to Resolute Bay from Yellowknife, went down roughly 10 minutes after its last reported communication, according to the airline. Eleven passengers and four crew members were on board.

1/3rd of story , rest here [link to www.cnn.com]

Pilot killed at Kansas City air show
(CNN) -- The pilot of a high-performance biplane died Saturday afternoon when his aircraft crashed at an air show in Kansas City, Missouri, officials said.

The plane was doing maneuvers around 1:45 p.m. CT (2:45 p.m. ET) when it crashed into grass near a runway at the Charles B. Wheeler Downtown Airport, said Joe McBride, spokesman for the Kansas City Aviation Department.

1/4th of story .. rest here [link to www.cnn.com]

20 August 2011 Last updated at 18:30 ET