Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,171 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 440,571
Pageviews Today: 709,355Threads Today: 240Posts Today: 3,705
08:43 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

My ears just started ringing REALLY LOUDLY right now (Western NC)! Anyone else?

^Watcher^
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 1507851
United States
08/24/2011 11:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
My ears just started ringing REALLY LOUDLY right now (Western NC)! Anyone else?
I've had ringing in my ears before but this is LOUD and sustained (and no...I don't have high blood pressure)! This feels atmospheric but I want to hear if others are experiencing this before I go stand in a door jam! lol

Anyone else?
ravenous rant

User ID: 1125090
United States
08/24/2011 11:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: My ears just started ringing REALLY LOUDLY right now (Western NC)! Anyone else?
Air pressure changes are likely to be because of the approaching hurricane as well.....
ossssss§:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+>
^Watcher^  (OP)

United States
08/24/2011 11:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: My ears just started ringing REALLY LOUDLY right now (Western NC)! Anyone else?
Oh, and in the past I have experienced this in my left year but not usually in both. This is in both ears! I'm going to keep an eye on the dogs and see if they notice anything or act strangely. They are usually my early warning system. We'll see.
^Watcher^  (OP)

United States
08/24/2011 11:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
Air pressure changes are likely to be because of the approaching hurricane as well.....
 Quoting: ravenous rant

I won't rule that out. TWC (according to another thread here) said this thing could strengthen to a CAT 6! Hard to believe but that would certainly cause some low atmospheric pressure, I would think.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1501171
United States
08/24/2011 11:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
ne tenn. been feeling a little physically unbalanced this morning.
ravenous rant

User ID: 1125090
United States
08/24/2011 11:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
Better off with birds, but again, this will be hard to guage with an approaching storm, as the animals might seek shelter or higher ground instinctively
ossssss§:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+>
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1502038
Germany
08/24/2011 11:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
I am in Charlotte and this has been happening for a few months now and its getting more frequent. I even got it a few times while I was driving with my windows down.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 454829
United States
08/24/2011 11:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
Me, too...just a high pitch buzz, but not really loud.
Woa, but I'm feeling dizzy again, like before the earthquake yesterday.
Anonymous Coward
Germany
08/24/2011 11:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
Also the sound is identical to the sound during seconds 1 and 2. Is your sound the same?

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1517391
Costa Rica
08/24/2011 11:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
Me too. I've been having ear ringing and pressure in the States as well as here in Costa Rica. I just had a medical exam and all tests came back normal so I a considering this to be sensitivity to atmospheric/solar changes and possibly electromagnetic radiation.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 907170
United States
08/24/2011 11:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
ne tenn. been feeling a little physically unbalanced this morning.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1501171

Middle Tn. feel the same way.Just like before the Japan quake. Funny didn't have any vertigo yesterday.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1518548
United States
08/24/2011 12:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
Nope, but I certainly had a ringing in my right ear an hour before the quake.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1310657
United States
08/24/2011 12:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
Watcher, do you think along with what you're experiencing as well as the reports of strange noises being heard that the "Rocks are crying out"

Here's an article with Link. I feel my spirit saying this is what's starting to happen. I could be wrong though.

I would be interested in getting your opinion..

[link to www.christianblog.com]

The Stones Will Cry Out

When I wrote Fact or Fiction , I couldn't stop a Bible verse from popping up in my head. The verse didn't seem to go with that blog so I let the thought pass. Days later, the verse keeps coming back.
Luke 19:40
"I tell you," he replied, "if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out."niv
This was during the Triumphal Entry when the whole crowd of disciples began joyfully to praise God in loud voices for all the miracles they had seen: "Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord!" "Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!"' Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, "Teacher, rebuke your disciples!"' vs. 38-39
Jesus then makes this statement about the crowd voicing praise to God. That if they are silenced the stones will cry out.
When Jesus gave up his spirit on the cross, the earth shook and the rocks split. Matthew 27:50-51. In Mark 13:8 Jesus tells us there will be earthquakes in various places, these are the beginning of birth pains. Is this rock splitting in Matthew the stones crying out? Is it the same during the earthquakes during the end times...birth pains, crying out? Is it as simple as that?

The greek word used here is krazo. I'm using the 2nd definition: to cry. Cry out aloud, speak with a loud voice. As the disciples were praising God in this passage, I will assume that it is praises to God that Jesus is saying the stones will cry out. I am also going on the premise that if Jesus said the stones will cry out' that this is then possible.

How can a stone, a piece of rock cry out praise to God? What would that sound like?

In South Africa there are boulders known as Rock Gongs.
These are natural boulders that sit on top of another or have a natural split in them that resonates sound when they are struck. This article goes into more detail.
The sound made is described as an eerie, metallic, elemental sound that would travel over the landscape. The rocks are made of dolerite, aka ironstone.
Ironstone is an iron ore. If you crush iron ore,limestone and coal and heat it up you get steel.
Two of the ingredients in steel is crushed stone. Here's a real heady article on the occurrence of sound in steel. It goes into great detail about the crystals (crushed rock) in the steel and how they're formed and arranged during the heating/cooling process. "Then we can expect that each such class of crystals and grains has its own resonant frequency, a frequency at which it oscillates within the bounds of its neighbors being retained by valence bonds."

So steel, like that used on a steel string guitar, is nothing more than ground up stones with some carbon(coal) thrown in and heated up. In both these instances, the gong rocks and the steel strings, both have a voice'.

In between the natural gong rock and the man made steel is another rock' formation known as dripstone. The stone is not in it's natural state like the dolerite, but also has not been altered by man like the steel, though it's formation still occurs by natural means. These dripstone formations are able to produce beautiful sound when struck.
I have made several visits to Luray Caverns in Virginia and have had the opportunity to listen to this sound. Eerie only because you are underground. Glorious because it is God's creation making such music.
Each formation having it's own voice'.

Whether it is a musical voice that the stones would cry out or a groan because His people are not, I do not know. I do know that it is possible, first because Jesus said it is.
I don't want the stones crying out in my place. I want to be one of the ones praising God with my voice. "Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord!" "Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!" Luke 19:38
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1432466
United States
08/24/2011 12:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
yes, watcher.. im in west virginia , mine have been ringing for about a 1/2 hour.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 454829
United States
08/24/2011 12:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
sensitivity to atmospheric/solar changes and possibly electromagnetic radiation.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1517391

sun
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1489656
United States
08/24/2011 12:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
Cary NC here and no ear ringing.
I do get ear ringing sometimes before EQ's even made a post here and one hit. I forget when and where. Too lazy to search.
Today I have a headache and feel very tired.
My pup is acting very weird, he won't come inside and keeps running off. He's in lock down as I type.
He never runs off .... what a stink bomb he is today
Geowild

User ID: 1512542
United States
08/24/2011 12:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hey! My daughter who lives down the hill from me says that all yesterday she kept having a feeling of sliding sideways. Driving to work, she said, "Should I really be operating a vehicle right now?"
Well, I felt that way too and right now, I am feeling a sort of pressure/disorientation feeling similar to yesterday, even before the earthquake.

Hope to see you tomorrow for lunch!!!! 11:30..You know the place;;;YUM!!!!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1517252
United States
08/24/2011 12:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
I've had ringing in my ears before but this is LOUD and sustained (and no...I don't have high blood pressure)! This feels atmospheric but I want to hear if others are experiencing this before I go stand in a door jam! lol

Anyone else?
 Quoting: ^Watcher^

for real? you're kind of a attention whore, aren't you
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1485080
United States
08/24/2011 12:16 PM
Report Abusive Post

I won't rule that out. TWC (according to another thread here) said this thing could strengthen to a CAT 6! Hard to believe but that would certainly cause some low atmospheric pressure, I would think.

I thought CAT 5 was as high as they go?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1518415
United Kingdom
08/24/2011 12:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
Had it in the UK, South East.
KoFFee_

User ID: 1373078
United States
08/24/2011 12:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hello Watcher,

God's Peace be with you today.

I have been feeling pressure in my ear, too. Apparently it is a common happening among other people.

At first I thought there was something going on with my hearing, but now I think it might be something to do with the atmospheric pressure.

It occurs mainly in my left ear--pressure--some days more severe than other days.

Sometimes I develop a headache--and again--those headaches have turned to migraines often.

I did have this happen over the past 3 days--it let up a little yesterday.

Today, most of it is gone. I am in Michigan. I know the barometric pressure here has some wild swings and we are in for a severe afternoon storm here. Can't tell now, the sun is out and its beautiful!

Anyways, thought I would just let you know that you can count me in as one who is experiencing strangeness in my ear.

PRAY AND PREPARE

hf
However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task
the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace. Acts 20:24

"This man really is the Savior of the world!" John 4:42

Look, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him;
and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be! Amen.
I am the Alpha and the Omega, " says the Lord God, who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty." Revelation 1:7
^Watcher^  (OP)

United States
08/24/2011 01:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
Watcher, do you think along with what you're experiencing as well as the reports of strange noises being heard that the "Rocks are crying out"

Here's an article with Link. I feel my spirit saying this is what's starting to happen. I could be wrong though.

I would be interested in getting your opinion..

[link to www.christianblog.com]

The Stones Will Cry Out

When I wrote Fact or Fiction , I couldn't stop a Bible verse from popping up in my head. The verse didn't seem to go with that blog so I let the thought pass. Days later, the verse keeps coming back.
Luke 19:40
"I tell you," he replied, "if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out."niv
This was during the Triumphal Entry when the whole crowd of disciples began joyfully to praise God in loud voices for all the miracles they had seen: "Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord!" "Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!"' Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, "Teacher, rebuke your disciples!"' vs. 38-39
Jesus then makes this statement about the crowd voicing praise to God. That if they are silenced the stones will cry out.
When Jesus gave up his spirit on the cross, the earth shook and the rocks split. Matthew 27:50-51. In Mark 13:8 Jesus tells us there will be earthquakes in various places, these are the beginning of birth pains. Is this rock splitting in Matthew the stones crying out? Is it the same during the earthquakes during the end times...birth pains, crying out? Is it as simple as that?

The greek word used here is krazo. I'm using the 2nd definition: to cry. Cry out aloud, speak with a loud voice. As the disciples were praising God in this passage, I will assume that it is praises to God that Jesus is saying the stones will cry out. I am also going on the premise that if Jesus said the stones will cry out' that this is then possible.

How can a stone, a piece of rock cry out praise to God? What would that sound like?

In South Africa there are boulders known as Rock Gongs.
These are natural boulders that sit on top of another or have a natural split in them that resonates sound when they are struck. This article goes into more detail.
The sound made is described as an eerie, metallic, elemental sound that would travel over the landscape. The rocks are made of dolerite, aka ironstone.
Ironstone is an iron ore. If you crush iron ore,limestone and coal and heat it up you get steel.
Two of the ingredients in steel is crushed stone. Here's a real heady article on the occurrence of sound in steel. It goes into great detail about the crystals (crushed rock) in the steel and how they're formed and arranged during the heating/cooling process. "Then we can expect that each such class of crystals and grains has its own resonant frequency, a frequency at which it oscillates within the bounds of its neighbors being retained by valence bonds."

So steel, like that used on a steel string guitar, is nothing more than ground up stones with some carbon(coal) thrown in and heated up. In both these instances, the gong rocks and the steel strings, both have a voice'.

In between the natural gong rock and the man made steel is another rock' formation known as dripstone. The stone is not in it's natural state like the dolerite, but also has not been altered by man like the steel, though it's formation still occurs by natural means. These dripstone formations are able to produce beautiful sound when struck.
I have made several visits to Luray Caverns in Virginia and have had the opportunity to listen to this sound. Eerie only because you are underground. Glorious because it is God's creation making such music.
Each formation having it's own voice'.

Whether it is a musical voice that the stones would cry out or a groan because His people are not, I do not know. I do know that it is possible, first because Jesus said it is.
I don't want the stones crying out in my place. I want to be one of the ones praising God with my voice. "Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord!" "Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!" Luke 19:38

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1310657

That is most interesting. We are living in a time of supernatural wonders and anything is possible! Thanks for posting that!
^Watcher^  (OP)

United States
08/24/2011 01:56 PM
Report Abusive Post

Anyone else?

for real? you're kind of a attention whore, aren't you
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1517252

No...just bored...that and trying to figure out why in the heck my ears are ringing. but thanks. huffy
Re-Named- 777

User ID: 523078
United Kingdom
08/24/2011 01:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
Had it in the UK, South East.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1518415

Same here UK north west
Better to live for today, than wait for a day that never comes.
Anonymous Coward
Germany
08/24/2011 04:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ringing here again in NC right here right now.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1518738
United States
08/24/2011 05:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
Maybe you have invited the Devil into your house??
TOWER44

User ID: 1165953
United States
08/24/2011 05:07 PM
Report Abusive Post

since when is there a cat 6 ? They said it has a 1 in 4 chance to strengthen to a cat 5 (the strongest)
ummm.. Hello.. Goodbye.. Tell your friends !
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1509621
United States
08/24/2011 05:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
False alarm for you as it's the end of the day.

Must be a random thing with your ears.
TOWER44

User ID: 1165953
United States
08/24/2011 05:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
cmon people.. you have a massive hurricane heading your way that is probably having an effect on the pressure in your area.. not to mention allergies.. maybe you have a sinus infection or something.. take some allergy meds
ummm.. Hello.. Goodbye.. Tell your friends !
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1517391
Costa Rica
08/24/2011 05:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hey! My daughter who lives down the hill from me says that all yesterday she kept having a feeling of sliding sideways. Driving to work, she said, "Should I really be operating a vehicle right now?"
Well, I felt that way too and right now, I am feeling a sort of pressure/disorientation feeling similar to yesterday, even before the earthquake.

Hope to see you tomorrow for lunch!!!! 11:30..You know the place;;;YUM!!!!!
 Quoting: Geowild

Is she on an anti-depressant that she's getting off of, or skipped a dose? I was on one that was horrible if I missed a few days. I felt like everything was slanted sideways. Just thought I would share, just in case.
Fidokrab

User ID: 1514038
United States
08/24/2011 05:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'm in central Virginia, no ringing here.
The false gospel: If you don't continually perform, you're out.

The true Gospel: Believe.

GLP