>>>>Sustainable Living PLUS Canning and Dehydrating Food<<<<

Texan Buckeye

User ID: 1533753
United States
02/19/2012 12:39 AM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: >>>>Sustainable Living PLUS Canning and Dehydrating Food<<<<
Careful, T. That's how they start up you know. First they flirt through the glass, then they sneak out the door when you're going out. Then...they stay out all night! And then there's the kids.....wait for it!!!!LOL
Nine's

User ID: 11070587
United States
02/19/2012 12:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
He'll just eat that too! When we first got him, he got into a box of the boys stuffed animals that were stored in the garage. I'm still fixing the ones I can. He like to chew fabric, but I thought he had stopped. I couldn't hang clothes on the line last summer because I was afraid he'd run off with it. He's stopped running off and howling, though, at least for now. I don't know why he acted up today, I'd been paying attention to him all day.
 Quoting: Texan Buckeye

Awww, isn't it frustrating? Dang. Pupster still likes to chew too. He's partial to cords. In particular, the one that connects the internet to my computer. That's top of his list, followed by anything soft.

Shoes were second most desirable, but since he's been appointed shoe butler, he hasn't tried getting them. I tell him to get my shoes, tennis, or boots. He knows the tennis shoes from the boots, but I have barn boots and hiking boots, so sometimes when I tell him to get my boots, he'll bring me a barn boot when I want the hiking boot. I tell him wrong one and say hiking boots. Wanna work? Then he really gets fired up cause he knows he's gonna have some fun. So now, he takes good care of the shoes.

They can be so darn much work, but a whole lot of fun and laughs.
Nine's

United States
02/19/2012 12:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'm getting a mental picture that Bud needs to move in with Auntie Nine's!!!!! A rose!?! Anyway...do you know just how dirty a tux would get on that rolly polly dog?

HAHAHA!! We'd probably have a great time. Is he coming with you this spring? Will I get a chance to meet him? littledog
Nine's

United States
02/19/2012 12:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
Aw, T...thanks a whole lot for that mental picture!!!

hehe, it sure is a mental picture

Khan from next door came up for a visit yesterday. They were out, so i tied him up in the shade.

Turned out that bruce was out hunting and his partner was at work, so it was a few hours before we could get hold of them, and khan got picked up. We had a joke about the little doggy love affair going on here, too.

My girl didn't pay much attention to him through the glass doors while he was here, but she cried when he left, lol..
 Quoting: Tauranga

Khan is a very lucky dog to have you for a neighbor. So cute about your girl crying when he left. She might decide Khan should stay with you! LOL.
Texan Buckeye

United States
02/19/2012 12:55 AM

Report Abusive Post
I wish I knew how to train a dog that way. I've always wanted to, but I got a bit side-tracked with training kids, I guess. I can do small things with dogs, but nothing like what you're doing, Nine's. Pupster is lucky to have such a wonderful mommy!
Texan Buckeye

United States
02/19/2012 12:59 AM

Report Abusive Post
Buddy will probably go visit at Dr. Tracy's (the vet). If he doesn't act up when we get him fixed. Otherwise, they might not let him. He really didn't like the thermometer the other day. Can't really say I blame him, but now they're a little nervous about him. He rides really well in the car, but we won't have room in the PT Cruiser unless we strap youngest son to the roof.

Oh,,,I forgot to tell you all... youngest son got accepted to his 4 year college. He's moving out in the fall. Now we really will have an empty nest.
Nine's

United States
02/19/2012 01:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
I wish I knew how to train a dog that way. I've always wanted to, but I got a bit side-tracked with training kids, I guess. I can do small things with dogs, but nothing like what you're doing, Nine's. Pupster is lucky to have such a wonderful mommy!

That's so nice of you to say, TB and I thank you, but it's me who's lucky. He deserves someone better, who will let him reach his potential. I'm so friggen tired. LOL.

And look at you, talking about a bit side tracked. I should say. Having your son accepted at college, giving him the self esteem and confidence to move away to go there, is so much more important. You're affecting generations! Congrats to you, TB. You are awesome!

Bet that empty nest will really hit. Hope when it does, you'll know it's because you gave him what he needs to venture out, and he'll always be in your heart, and always know where home is.

Don't know why the vet would be concerned about Buddy. Wasn't the thermometer when he had an injured back leg? Well, duuah. They don't care for the thermometer anyway, and having a hurt leg would have made it worse. They have drugs they can give him. Tell them to man up and do the deed. HAHAHA!!
Texan Buckeye

United States
02/19/2012 01:14 AM

Report Abusive Post
He made the tech a litttle nervous. I've not seen her before. Tracy, our vet, knows me and how I take care of my animals, so she isn't worried. We just put the little muzzle on him when they gave him his shots for precaution. He's never had his temp taken before. I sure don't blame him for grumbling about it. Tracy is an amazing vet. Right now she has a chiwienie (SP?) she rebuilt it's jaw. Someone found it and brought it in. She's always doing things like that. We love her.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11064002
New Zealand
02/19/2012 01:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
Careful, T. That's how they start up you know. First they flirt through the glass, then they sneak out the door when you're going out. Then...they stay out all night! And then there's the kids.....wait for it!!!!LOL

eeek, i hope not!!
Anonymous Coward
New Zealand
02/19/2012 01:16 AM
Report Abusive Post

eeek, i hope not!!
Nine's

United States
02/19/2012 01:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
It's great you have a good Vet. It means so much when you need one, doesn't it? Bet you'll see a big difference in him too, and he'll settle down a lot and not be so inclined to have a cross country romance.
Texan Buckeye

United States
02/19/2012 01:20 AM

Report Abusive Post
Gotcha!!! Seriously, though, stay safe down there, ok? I don't pretend to understand all of what I've been reading tonight, but I know it isn't good. Got to go to bed, now. Can't read anymore! Love you guys! See you in the daylight.
Anonymous Coward
New Zealand
02/19/2012 01:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
Aw, T...thanks a whole lot for that mental picture!!!

hehe, it sure is a mental picture

Khan from next door came up for a visit yesterday. They were out, so i tied him up in the shade.

Turned out that bruce was out hunting and his partner was at work, so it was a few hours before we could get hold of them, and khan got picked up. We had a joke about the little doggy love affair going on here, too.

My girl didn't pay much attention to him through the glass doors while he was here, but she cried when he left, lol..

Khan is a very lucky dog to have you for a neighbor. So cute about your girl crying when he left. She might decide Khan should stay with you! LOL.
 Quoting: Nine's

hmm...

My girl is a chocolate labrador, i would love her to have a litter here (we got her when she was 4 yrs old, and she had not long had her only litter then)

But i would only be interested in her having a purebreed litter, and khan is a bitser...
Anonymous Coward
New Zealand
02/19/2012 01:22 AM
Report Abusive Post

yeah, wow, thats amazing he knows which shoes to get..
Nine's

United States
02/19/2012 01:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
Nite, TB. Get a good nights rest.
Nine's

United States
02/19/2012 01:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
hmm...

My girl is a chocolate labrador, i would love her to have a litter here (we got her when she was 4 yrs old, and she had not long had her only litter then)

But i would only be interested in her having a purebreed litter, and khan is a bitser...

Oooh, I bet she's a beauty, Tauranga. Chocolate labs are such nice dogs. Makes my knees weak and head thump to even "think" about a whole litter. Whooooooooeeee, the work! LOL.
Nine's

United States
02/19/2012 01:31 AM
Report Abusive Post

It's not really, Tauranga, but thanks for saying so. When they get a shoe, if you call it by name, like tennis shoe, or boot, they soon learn. Because I never said, barn boot, or hiking boot, he still gets confused because they're both boots. I should have said "barn" or "hiking". Trying to teach him that now. Don't know why, cause he doesn't mind making two trips, and it does keep him busy....for a few minutes. LOL.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11072978
New Zealand
02/19/2012 01:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
hmm...

Oooh, I bet she's a beauty, Tauranga. Chocolate labs are such nice dogs. Makes my knees weak and head thump to even "think" about a whole litter. Whooooooooeeee, the work! LOL.

she is an awesome dog, such a good girl

she is nearly 6 yrs old now, we have had her nearly 2 years.

The litter she had were apparently half choc and half black.

I wanted a mature choc girl, saw the advert for the pups, but the choc ones were all gone.

but i rang up anyway, in case they knew of a girl for sale, and they sold me the mum!

She was NZ$1000 which i thought was too much, but i bought her anyway. They were supposed to give me her papers, but never did.

i rang the woman who had bred her to inquire about papers, and found out she had cost that as a pup, so i felt better about what i had paid..

Good nite TB xoxo
Anonymous Coward
New Zealand
02/19/2012 01:39 AM
Report Abusive Post

It's not really, Tauranga, but thanks for saying so. When they get a shoe, if you call it by name, like tennis shoe, or boot, they soon learn. Because I never said, barn boot, or hiking boot, he still gets confused because they're both boots. I should have said "barn" or "hiking". Trying to teach him that now. Don't know why, cause he doesn't mind making two trips, and it does keep him busy....for a few minutes. LOL.

i wonder if its too late to teach my girl stuff lke that..
Nine's

United States
02/19/2012 01:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
hmm...

I wanted a mature choc girl, saw the advert for the pups, but the choc ones were all gone.

but i rang up anyway, in case they knew of a girl for sale, and they sold me the mum!

She was a NZ$1000 which i thought was too much, but i bought her anyway. They were supposed to give me her papers, but never did.

i rang the woman who had bred her to inquire about papers, and found out she had cost that as a pup, so i felt better about what i had paid..

Good nite TB xoxo

Good dogs are pricey though and it's really nice to know who is in the bloodline. If/when you want another, you can find that line and get one close to what you had before. It's really important if you're thinking about breeding.

Who are dogs registered with in NZ? If she's already registered, the previous owners should just be able to transfer the registration. I wouldn't be at all happy about that, but at least you got a good dog. That's more important than anything.
Anonymous Coward
New Zealand
02/19/2012 01:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
hmm...

She was a NZ$1000 which i thought was too much, but i bought her anyway. They were supposed to give me her papers, but never did.

Good nite TB xoxo

Good dogs are pricey though and it's really nice to know who is in the bloodline. If/when you want another, you can find that line and get one close to what you had before. It's really important if you're thinking about breeding.

Who are dogs registered with in NZ? If she's already registered, the previous owners should just be able to transfer the registration. I wouldn't be at all happy about that, but at least you got a good dog. That's more important than anything.

I think i would just have to pay the breeder to get another set of papers. The people i got her from must have lost them or something, they made a few excuses, then reckoned they must have gone missing in the mail, lol
And i would have to pay $20 to the nz kennel assn to transfer ownership to us.

I have told the club i am her owner now, but haven't goy round to sending off the money
Nine's

United States
02/19/2012 01:48 AM
Report Abusive Post

No, it's never too late. Might take longer when they're older, but just watch her natural instincts and take advantage of them.

Simple things like when their water bowl needs refilling and you know they want a drink, pick up the bowl and say, water? You want water? Ok. Then get the water, set it down, say, "water" and give her a pat.

Just name things. They pick up really fast. Same with training. If you hold a treat above her nose, her head will lift. She'll have to sit to get her head back farther, so watch and just before she sits, move it back a little and say sit. When she does, give her the treat and say, "yes, sit. good girl" and give her the treat. She probably already knows sit, but that's just an example.

After she learns sit, when they sit for a treat, move the treat to the floor in front of her far enough she can't reach it from where she is and say "down". Most of the time they will. Then you say yes, down, good girl, and give the treat.

If she stands up to walk to the treat, you've moved it to far. Some dogs will stand even if you haven't. If that happens, say no, sit. And try again until she does it.

Just taking advantage of their actions and instincts will go a long way. 8)
Nine's

United States
02/19/2012 01:51 AM
Report Abusive Post

Good nite TB xoxo

I think i would just have to pay the breeder to get another set of papers. The people i got her from must have lost them or something, they made a few excuses, then reckoned they must have gone missing in the mail, lol
And i would have to pay $20 to the nz kennel assn to transfer ownership to us.

I have told the club i am her owner now, but haven't goy round to sending off the money

At least it's good to know it's fixable. It would be good to have her pedigree too, if you want to breed her. You can see her ancestors, compare it to the prospective stud and be pretty sure of what kind of pups you'll end up with.
Anonymous Coward
New Zealand
02/19/2012 01:52 AM
Report Abusive Post

No, it's never too late. Might take longer when they're older, but just watch her natural instincts and take advantage of them.

Simple things like when their water bowl needs refilling and you know they want a drink, pick up the bowl and say, water? You want water? Ok. Then get the water, set it down, say, "water" and give her a pat.

Just name things. They pick up really fast. Same with training. If you hold a treat above her nose, her head will lift. She'll have to sit to get her head back farther, so watch and just before she sits, move it back a little and say sit. When she does, give her the treat and say, "yes, sit. good girl" and give her the treat. She probably already knows sit, but that's just an example.

After she learns sit, when they sit for a treat, move the treat to the floor in front of her far enough she can't reach it from where she is and say "down". Most of the time they will. Then you say yes, down, good girl, and give the treat.

If she stands up to walk to the treat, you've moved it to far. Some dogs will stand even if you haven't. If that happens, say no, sit. And try again until she does it.

Just taking advantage of their actions and instincts will go a long way. 8)

yeah, she knows the basics, sit, out, etc
Nine's

United States
02/19/2012 02:16 AM
Report Abusive Post

Awesome! I bet she's such a sweetie. It's so cute to hear about her when Khan is there. Lots of dogs would be lunging at the windows try to get at him. From what you've posted, I have the image of her just watching, supervising, seeing what's going on, but not being nasty about it.
Anonymous Coward
New Zealand
02/19/2012 02:19 AM
Report Abusive Post

Awesome! I bet she's such a sweetie. It's so cute to hear about her when Khan is there. Lots of dogs would be lunging at the windows try to get at him. From what you've posted, I have the image of her just watching, supervising, seeing what's going on, but not being nasty about it.

she wags her tail a lot when he is here..
Nine's

United States
02/19/2012 02:21 AM
Report Abusive Post

she wags her tail a lot when he is here..

LOL!! See, now how sweet is that! You must be so proud of her!
flavapor

User ID: 964647
United States
02/19/2012 09:17 AM

Report Abusive Post

I second that! If and when I get another dog, I am gonna send it up to Nines to train.

Or on second thought, maybe I should send myself up there to be trained!lmao
flavapor

User ID: 964647
United States
02/19/2012 01:45 PM

Report Abusive Post
Ok, so far today I have planted
Chamomile
Small watermelons

I started 4 loofah's in a pot till I get a peice of lattice on the fence. I think they should be at least 6 inches high so that nobody weed wacks them like they did my baby orange last year.

transplanted my basil and added some seed to get more since I eat that alot.

I am going to plant lemon cucumber, which I forgot I bought and have never had. It also grows like a vine, looks yellow and is lemon sized but tastes like apples. Whats not to like about that!

I am also going to try to plant some oregano from my dead plant. Hopefully there are seeds on it and I am gonna whack it around in the soil.

Then I am going to put some pink himalayan salt in the tub with some palmarosa essential oil and sit in there with earplugs or headphones so I cant hear anybody and let my mind wander till the water gets cool

I have had an urge to do that for the past 3 days, and then something comes up and I dont get a chance to do it, so today I am going to make sure it gets in the schedule.

That salt has tons of minerals, and they are absorbed better thru the skin than taking it in pill form. As one of my supplier websites says, its like taking a bath in ancient waters when the himalayan mountains werent even formed yet. These salts are from way back when it was sea level and a sea. How cool is that!
Nine's

United States
02/19/2012 04:26 PM
Report Abusive Post

I second that! If and when I get another dog, I am gonna send it up to Nines to train.

Or on second thought, maybe I should send myself up there to be trained!lmao
 Quoting: flavapor

Ha! Listen to you. Miss ultra organized that can juggle with both hands and feet, be wife, mama extraordinaire, businesswoman, gardener, homemaker, dog trainer, pet sitter, and keep her sense of humor, compassion and wisdom. No, I might come down there to be trained.

GLP