>>>>Sustainable Living PLUS Canning and Dehydrating Food<<<<

Nine's

User ID: 23438707
United States
01/01/2013 11:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: >>>>Sustainable Living PLUS Canning and Dehydrating Food<<<<
Aww, poor little guy. Bless your heart for taking him in.
Texan Buckeye

User ID: 1533753
United States
01/02/2013 12:13 AM

Report Abusive Post
I'm back again. He's a cutie. He's a light gray tabbie. He has grayish eyes, too. Skinny little fella, though. We think he was separated from mom too soon.
Nine's

United States
01/02/2013 12:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
HA. I'm going back and forth doing things too.

Lucky little kitten. It's so neat that he has a forever home. Think how many are out there alone in the cold. He sounds like he's a beautiful little guy. Gray eyes must be very unusual and pretty.
Texan Buckeye

United States
01/02/2013 12:32 AM

Report Abusive Post
I hope he gets along with the others. He should, I think, they're pretty easy going. They took to Pete when I put him outside. No problems.

I've got some outside stuff I want/need to do in a couple of days. I'll put him out then, when I'm outside for him to follow me around. Might not get my bush trimmed with a kitten crawling around my feet though! LOL

I just realized how that read! Yikes! I have the other evergreen bush to trim up. It has some dead branches and I want to make it a topiary like the one I did last year. Behave over there, Nine's!

Last Edited by Texan Buckeye on 01/02/2013 12:35 AM
Nine's

United States
01/02/2013 12:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
That's a great idea. He'll probably be so overwhelmed and wanting to investigate things that you'll be able to do the bushes. It must feel good having weather that you can go out in the winter and trim bushes. 8)
Nine's

United States
01/02/2013 12:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
I hope he gets along with the others. He should, I think, they're pretty easy going. They took to Pete when I put him outside. No problems.

I've got some outside stuff I want/need to do in a couple of days. I'll put him out then, when I'm outside for him to follow me around. Might not get my bush trimmed with a kitten crawling around my feet though! LOL

I just realized how that read! Yikes! I have the other evergreen bush to trim up. It has some dead branches and I want to make it a topiary like the one I did last year. Behave over there, Nine's!
 Quoting: Texan Buckeye

lmao I didn't even notice til you pointed it out!
Texan Buckeye

United States
01/02/2013 12:41 AM

Report Abusive Post
It's SO overgrown. I really like how the other one's turned out, but this one is a different kind of evergreen. I didn't trim it before, because the cat's like to hide in it, but it really needs it now. I have some leather gloves this time, too! Not as many scratches this time, I hope!
Texan Buckeye

United States
01/02/2013 12:42 AM

Report Abusive Post

lmao I didn't even notice til you pointed it out!
 Quoting: Nine's

I didn't either, until I read it after I posted. I thought about deleting it, but I didn't want to drive Flav crazy!
Nine's

United States
01/02/2013 12:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
Well now that you've pointed it out, I'm sitting here snorting trying to get through the last one you posted. HAHAHA!!
Texan Buckeye

United States
01/02/2013 12:46 AM

Report Abusive Post
Careful! Hot liquid's hurt when they go the wrong way! Don't spew on the keyboard!
Nine's

United States
01/02/2013 12:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
Careful! Hot liquid's hurt when they go the wrong way! Don't spew on the keyboard!

Tell me. lol
Texan Buckeye

United States
01/02/2013 12:59 AM

Report Abusive Post
Gotta go. Hubs just got home and my eyes are going blurry! Time to check the eyelids for pinholes!LOL Sleep tight, Nine's, catch you in the daylight!
Nine's

United States
01/02/2013 01:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
You too, TB. Have a good nite's sleep and a great day tomorrow.
Southern OR

User ID: 20471008
United States
01/02/2013 09:43 PM

Report Abusive Post
For all of that read to excess (cough, cough...me!) and don't have a kindle, or even if you do. Check out this thread.

Thread: FREE KINDLE BOOKS some are today only

That would be me too! I am a bookaholic. My oldest daughter and her hubby sent me a Kindle Fire for Christmas!!!! I think I will be using this link....a lot. Lol
"Well-behaved women seldom make history." —Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~Edward Everett Hale
Southern OR

United States
01/02/2013 11:33 PM

Report Abusive Post
Ok ladies, I need mom type advice. I came home from work tonight and smelled weed in my house. The youngest (18) and the foster daughter (16) are both suspect at this point. I realize I live in Oregon and weed is not looked upon harshly, but in my house ~ damnit ~ it will not be allowed. I know the foster daughter left here about 3pm and my daughter got off work about 4pm. I got home at 5:45 and could smell it as soon as I walked through the door. That makes me think it was recent so it was my daughter. She of course denies it. I talked to our foster daughter and told her I smelled it when I came home. I asked her what time she left the house today and her answer jived with our computer history (I can always tell when she leaves by the internet history on the computer). I told the foster daughter to never let our daughter talk her into taking the blame for something like this. She said she respected us way to much to do that. Thoughts?

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~Edward Everett Hale
Texan Buckeye

United States
01/03/2013 12:04 AM

Report Abusive Post
Ok ladies, I need mom type advice. I came home from work tonight and smelled weed in my house. The youngest (18) and the foster daughter (16) are both suspect at this point. I realize I live in Oregon and weed is not looked upon harshly, but in my house ~ damnit ~ it will not be allowed. I know the foster daughter left here about 3pm and my daughter got off work about 4pm. I got home at 5:45 and could smell it as soon as I walked through the door. That makes me think it was recent so it was my daughter. She of course denies it. I talked to our foster daughter and told her I smelled it when I came home. I asked her what time she left the house today and her answer jived with our computer history (I can always tell when she leaves by the internet history on the computer). I told the foster daughter to never let our daughter talk her into taking the blame for something like this. She said she respected us way to much to do that. Thoughts?
 Quoting: Southern OR

Oh, crap, SO. I didn't have that particular problem with my kids. Sex, yeah, alcohol, yeah, but weed/drugs, nope. I'm not so "stable" these days, anyway. I know why I was so weepy yesterday...I've got the crud, so my brain cells aren't working too well.

I'm afraid I would probably blow a gasket if it was my kids. Stuff would be exploding all over the place. It would take me quite a while before I could think it through and be coherent about it. I think, after they both denied it, I would ask who else was in the house then, because (in my version) I d***n well know what it smells like and I wouldn't want it in the house. It being illegal and testable for the jobs of the employed people in the family. I, personally, am pretty good with the quilt trip and anger. Unfortunatly. The anger isn't as bad as it used to be, but the quilt...I'm still pretty good at it.

I'm sorry I'm not much help with this. Flav and Nine's probably will have better advice. I have problems with stuff that used to be legal for us and aren't now for our kids, either.hugs anyway.

I AM sick! Guilt, not quilt!

Last Edited by Texan Buckeye on 01/03/2013 12:05 AM
Southern OR

United States
01/03/2013 12:10 AM

Report Abusive Post

Oh, crap, SO. I didn't have that particular problem with my kids. Sex, yeah, alcohol, yeah, but weed/drugs, nope. I'm not so "stable" these days, anyway. I know why I was so weepy yesterday...I've got the crud, so my brain cells aren't working too well.

I'm afraid I would probably blow a gasket if it was my kids. Stuff would be exploding all over the place. It would take me quite a while before I could think it through and be coherent about it. I think, after they both denied it, I would ask who else was in the house then, because (in my version) I d***n well know what it smells like and I wouldn't want it in the house. It being illegal and testable for the jobs of the employed people in the family. I, personally, am pretty good with the quilt trip and anger. Unfortunatly. The anger isn't as bad as it used to be, but the quilt...I'm still pretty good at it.

I'm sorry I'm not much help with this. Flav and Nine's probably will have better advice. I have problems with stuff that used to be legal for us and aren't now for our kids, either.hugs anyway.

I blew a gasket when I first got home. Called the youngest and yelled. Then talked quite loudly when our foster daughter got home. Weed in Oregon is just like that - a weed. It's everywhere and people don't think too much about it. I do, however. My thought is they are too young. This is a time for building up the brain to achieve much in life. That said...I have been there and done that. I smoked weed once in a while from 17 to 21. Never smoked in my parent's house though. That would be sacrilege. We ended up telling them both that this was first, and final, warning.

Texan Buckeye

United States
01/03/2013 12:16 AM

Report Abusive Post
I really don't have a huge problem with it, I just never did it. When I was a kid, my big bro got in my little bro's and my faces and told us he would do damage if he found out we ever did ANY drugs. That was in the early 70's, so it was a different time. The drugs were WAY different then, too.

I honestly can't say I would do anything differently than what you did. I think what you need to do now is, figure out what you'll do if/when it happens again. Maybe it will, maybe not. With kids, who knows? Wish I had something better for you. I'm sure the girls will when they read it.
Southern OR

United States
01/03/2013 12:26 AM

Report Abusive Post
I really don't have a huge problem with it, I just never did it. When I was a kid, my big bro got in my little bro's and my faces and told us he would do damage if he found out we ever did ANY drugs. That was in the early 70's, so it was a different time. The drugs were WAY different then, too.

I honestly can't say I would do anything differently than what you did. I think what you need to do now is, figure out what you'll do if/when it happens again. Maybe it will, maybe not. With kids, who knows? Wish I had something better for you. I'm sure the girls will when they read it.

Thanks for the reply. It's just so hard to deal with. If it's the foster daughter, she doesn't have many options so I hope the point was made. If it was our daughter (and timing says it probably was), then she needs to know it's not ok. I did the smell test in both of their bedrooms. Nothing, but there was a trace of incense in our daughter's room. If they were just out in the living room then that's just stupid so I guess it's a good thing and not too practiced at being sneaky. If it happens again, I will completely toss both bedrooms. I will look in every nook and cranny till I find the answer.

Texan Buckeye

United States
01/03/2013 12:30 AM

Report Abusive Post

Thanks for the reply. It's just so hard to deal with. If it's the foster daughter, she doesn't have many options so I hope the point was made. If it was our daughter (and timing says it probably was), then she needs to know it's not ok. I did the smell test in both of their bedrooms. Nothing, but there was a trace of incense in our daughter's room. If they were just out in the living room then that's just stupid so I guess it's a good thing and not too practiced at being sneaky. If it happens again, I will completely toss both bedrooms. I will look in every nook and cranny till I find the answer.

A girl after my own heart!LOL That's what I would do, too. I'm not sure what else there is to do. There is a line that can't be crossed in every family. They just found yours. They've always sounded like good girls, so I'm sure they got your point! Hopefully, it won't happen again.
Southern OR

United States
01/03/2013 12:40 AM

Report Abusive Post

A girl after my own heart!LOL That's what I would do, too. I'm not sure what else there is to do. There is a line that can't be crossed in every family. They just found yours. They've always sounded like good girls, so I'm sure they got your point! Hopefully, it won't happen again.

They are good girls, for the most part. Like I said, this is Oregon...weed may as well be legal because most folks just ignore it. I just want them to take this time to improve their brain power and make a good life. It's the not knowing which one that really gets me. Pretty sure it was our daughter though. The timing is right for that conclusion. We will see over the next week or so. Now they both know how I feel about it. I just want them to achieve all they can and be self sufficient. I don't want 30 year old stoners still living with the parents! LOl

Texan Buckeye

United States
01/03/2013 12:44 AM

Report Abusive Post
I know I have a rotten temper at times, but usually I could sit down with my kids the next day and have a really good talk with them. Tell them what you told me. About their future and letting their brains mature. Tell them your hopes for them and why weed at this time, just doesn't fit in. I bet they'll hear you. It's the ultimate guilt!LOL AND, without making them feel totally guilty!
Southern OR

United States
01/03/2013 12:47 AM

Report Abusive Post
I know I have a rotten temper at times, but usually I could sit down with my kids the next day and have a really good talk with them. Tell them what you told me. About their future and letting their brains mature. Tell them your hopes for them and why weed at this time, just doesn't fit in. I bet they'll hear you. It's the ultimate guilt!LOL AND, without making them feel totally guilty!

Lol, you read my mind! That is what I had planned. I figured better to do it after a night of sleep for me to cool down, and a night of unrest for them to worry. I am Irish, I vent often but don't hold a grudge. Unless they lie to me and I can prove it...then all bets are off.

Texan Buckeye

United States
01/03/2013 12:53 AM

Report Abusive Post

Lol, you read my mind! That is what I had planned. I figured better to do it after a night of sleep for me to cool down, and a night of unrest for them to worry. I am Irish, I vent often but don't hold a grudge. Unless they lie to me and I can prove it...then all bets are off.

Girl, I think we must be sister's separated at birth!LOL I think you'll be ok. Just don't forget the tissues and the hugs for afterwards!

Gotta go, I can't sit anymore. I HATE body aches!
Southern OR

United States
01/03/2013 12:55 AM

Report Abusive Post

Girl, I think we must be sister's separated at birth!LOL I think you'll be ok. Just don't forget the tissues and the hugs for afterwards!

Gotta go, I can't sit anymore. I HATE body aches!

Thanks for helping me process this. I always appreciate the input from the "sisters". Hope you feel better soon. Time to have a hot bath with lavendar epsom salts.

Nine's

United States
01/03/2013 06:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
Trying to answer you SO, but it won't post.
Nine's

United States
01/03/2013 06:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
Deleted because I couldn't finish the post.

Last Edited by Nine's - IN MEMORIAM on 01/03/2013 06:31 AM
Nine's

United States
01/03/2013 06:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
Well what a way to end a post. I can't finish it SO. It won't let me post it. I've changed words and see no reason, but it's not posting. I'm not feeling very welcome around here. LOL. The end was just about the medical uses and self sufficiency and how I hope you can work it out.

It sure leaves an impression that wouldn't sound so bad if the remainder could go with it. Wouldn't have posted the first part if I'd known the second couldn't go with it. The only word I can think of that it's rejecting is the real name for weed but even changing that it won't go. Oh well. Sorry.

Edit to add, I deleted it because it would have left an impression I didn't want to leave without the ending.

Last Edited by Nine's - IN MEMORIAM on 01/03/2013 06:32 AM
flavapor

User ID: 964647
United States
01/03/2013 09:56 AM

Report Abusive Post
Gee SO

I dont know how to help but your steps sound good. My experience was with alcohol when my daughter was 15.

I promptly let her just go to bed knowing that bitching wouldnt be remembered the next day. The next day, which was Saturday, I discussed alcohol with her and proceeded to make her drink her drink of choice which was vodka seven and lemon all day, got her so shitfaced that she could barely stand, fed her,then helped her to bed and put a bucket next to her knowing she would be puking her brains out all night, which she was, than made her get up the next morning early and do all the chores she has to do with a hangover.

I could tell by her reaction to the open bottle of vodka that her stomach curled just walking by it, and she didnt ever do it again. Reverse psycology is always the way to go around here.
She
Texan Buckeye

United States
01/03/2013 05:46 PM

Report Abusive Post
Thread: List of gardening seed companies that get some or all of their seed from Monsanto

Hey, guys. Check out the link in the OP. I'm bummed! A couple of the seed companies I've always trusted and liked are on the Monsanto supplied list.

GLP