MamaHasAwakened

User ID: 5426767
United States
01/28/2013 10:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: >>>>Sustainable Living PLUS Canning and Dehydrating Food<<<<
Check Check!

I'm here! Been so crazy busy but always reading!

It's tax time and my little monogramming business has been doing well, so I am keeping busy!
Not much new! All this dog talk makes me want a dog! LOL
We have to wait until the little one gets a bit bigger. Man, we really want a Shepard too!

Miss getting to chat with all of you!!

smile_kissgrouphug
 Quoting: MamaHasAwakened

smile_kiss Thank you for letting us know, Mama. It's great your business is doing well. It feels good to get things accomplished and I'm happy for you!

We'll stop talking dog. It's a terrible thing to want a dog and not have him. But, when you get him/her, you'll be glad for the time you waited and you'll be all the happier when you get him/her.

No need to answer this. Was just missing you and hoping you were well. We'll chat another time. Hugs to you!
 Quoting: Nine's

Oh no....please continue talking dogs! I LOVE every bit of it! You know, one of my most favorite subjects!
Nine's

User ID: 23438707
United States
01/28/2013 10:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Awww, Mama, you're just so sweet. It's going to be a lucky dog that finds a home with you. OK, we'll talk dogs.

Darn dogs anyway. Have to sweep all the time and keep them brushed. They stir up dust. Have to take them out in the freezing cold so they don't meet up with the night wildlife. Slopping through the snow and slush, tracking in mud, eating like pigs, always wanting to play ball. Flopping it in your lap, flinging it around the room. Drinking water and drooling about a cup as they walk away from the bowl. Having to hide your car keys so they don't flop them in your lap wanting a car ride, setting off the car alarm in the process. Staring at you while you shower.

Better now? dogpile
Texan Buckeye

User ID: 1533753
United States
01/28/2013 10:52 PM

Report Abusive Post
Awww, Mama, you're just so sweet. It's going to be a lucky dog that finds a home with you. OK, we'll talk dogs.

Darn dogs anyway. Have to sweep all the time and keep them brushed. They stir up dust. Have to take them out in the freezing cold so they don't meet up with the night wildlife. Slopping through the snow and slush, tracking in mud, eating like pigs, always wanting to play ball. Flopping it in your lap, flinging it around the room. Drinking water and drooling about a cup as they walk away from the bowl. Having to hide your car keys so they don't flop them in your lap wanting a car ride, setting off the car alarm in the process. Staring at you while you shower.

Better now? dogpile

Interesting...that smilie is titled "dogpile"!! Nine's quit exaggerating! Anyway, you forgot about the times they won't go outside, because of the weather and they do their business in the house. Don't let it rain for days at a time! Hahaha
MamaHasAwakened

United States
01/28/2013 10:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ha Ha!
My biggest problem is all the crumbs on the floor that the dog used to eat! I vacuum sometimes twice a day! She ate anything, except she did get tired of Cheerios! LOL
MamaHasAwakened

United States
01/28/2013 10:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
Nines, your dog really set the car alarm off with the car keys???

Priceless!
Nine's

United States
01/29/2013 01:50 PM
Report Abusive Post

Better now? dogpile

Interesting...that smilie is titled "dogpile"!! Nine's quit exaggerating! Anyway, you forgot about the times they won't go outside, because of the weather and they do their business in the house. Don't let it rain for days at a time! Hahaha
 Quoting: Texan Buckeye

Ha, the only exaggeration is the cup of water TB. It might only be a half cup....just seems like more. peace
Nine's

United States
01/29/2013 01:58 PM
Report Abusive Post

Priceless!

Yes he did Mama. They're kept out of his reach now, unless I leave my purse too low. He knows they're in there and brings the purse, so I've been hanging it up. Don't want to stop him from getting things because he's equally good at getting my inhaler when I need it. Sometimes, when half a toy box of toys piles up, one at a time,in my lap while online, it makes me reconsider.

Bet you do miss your crumb collector. What a sweetie and I hope your next one is just as good. It's really smart of you to wait until the little one is older. Way too much work to deal with both, and time consuming to teach both of them the limits of how they can treat each other and it only takes a second of not supervising for something to happen.

Is your little one liking school now? Hope things are going well so you can get a break.

You guys all be careful with this weather coming up. Haven't checked all the forecasts, but heard about tornado potential in TX. and it seems there's always that potential in MO. when systems come roaring through. Stay safe everyone.
flavapor

User ID: 964647
United States
01/29/2013 06:10 PM

Report Abusive Post
yes everyone stay safe!

Wish I could brag about my daughters dogs, but Jake leaves liquid deposits everywhere, and Lucy just goes from the bed to the couch, she is the true meaning of couch potato.

They are both loveable though
Nine's

United States
01/29/2013 10:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
Jake is a a tough little fighter Flav and his little piddle puddles are tears of angels who were so touched by the compassion and care you gave him. You can brag. For Jake and yourself, cuz you've both earned bragging rights. pepsidog
MamaHasAwakened

United States
01/30/2013 12:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
Jake is a a tough little fighter Flav and his little piddle puddles are tears of angels who were so touched by the compassion and care you gave him. You can brag. For Jake and yourself, cuz you've both earned bragging rights. pepsidog

I like it!!!

hf
MamaHasAwakened

United States
01/30/2013 12:24 AM
Report Abusive Post

Priceless!

Yes he did Mama. They're kept out of his reach now, unless I leave my purse too low. He knows they're in there and brings the purse, so I've been hanging it up. Don't want to stop him from getting things because he's equally good at getting my inhaler when I need it. Sometimes, when half a toy box of toys piles up, one at a time,in my lap while online, it makes me reconsider.

Bet you do miss your crumb collector. What a sweetie and I hope your next one is just as good. It's really smart of you to wait until the little one is older. Way too much work to deal with both, and time consuming to teach both of them the limits of how they can treat each other and it only takes a second of not supervising for something to happen.

Is your little one liking school now? Hope things are going well so you can get a break.

You guys all be careful with this weather coming up. Haven't checked all the forecasts, but heard about tornado potential in TX. and it seems there's always that potential in MO. when systems come roaring through. Stay safe everyone.

What a smart Pupster! Before you know it, he'll be driving you around! LOL

Little one LOVES school now! She can't wait to get there in the mornings! WOOHOO!

My dog will be gone almost a year now. For 15 years, she used to sleep between my feet/legs. I could never move! I finally got used to the freedom and now the cat has decided to take that space over! LOL Sometimes I think it's the dog there! LOL!
The cat thinks he is a dog none the less!
Nine's

United States
01/30/2013 12:49 AM
Report Abusive Post

Priceless!

What a smart Pupster! Before you know it, he'll be driving you around! LOL

Little one LOVES school now! She can't wait to get there in the mornings! WOOHOO!

My dog will be gone almost a year now. For 15 years, she used to sleep between my feet/legs. I could never move! I finally got used to the freedom and now the cat has decided to take that space over! LOL Sometimes I think it's the dog there! LOL!
The cat thinks he is a dog none the less!

HAHA. You be funny, Mama. So happy for you that the little one likes school. It probably makes the day a whole lot better for you knowing she's happy.

Those anniversaries are hard, and waking up thinking it's them is even harder. sniff, sniff. Glad you got your kitty to hold down your feet though. Who knows where you might roam off to without a foot holder downer. flower
flavapor

United States
01/30/2013 07:42 AM

Report Abusive Post
My cat likes the bed all of the sudden too. Only she wants to sleep on me. I am a side sleeper and she actually lays on me, feels like she weighs a ton, and when I roll she then drapes herself accross me and gets mad that I am disturbing her sleep.
MamaHasAwakened

United States
01/31/2013 03:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks for the shout out ladies!!!!! LOL!!!

Flava, I feel for you! Do you sleep on your side and the cat still lays on you? I know that feeling too well!
Texan Buckeye

United States
01/31/2013 03:43 PM

Report Abusive Post
Thanks for the shout out ladies!!!!! LOL!!!

Flava, I feel for you! Do you sleep on your side and the cat still lays on you? I know that feeling too well!

You're OUR celebrity!!LOL

Flav, one of my cat's lays on my ribs when I lay on my side, too. He get's mad after a bit, though. He doesn't like it when I BREATHE!!! Thankfully, he moves after a few minutes.
Nine's

United States
01/31/2013 03:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
HAHA! Check that out. Mama doesn't just go for a pin, she goes for a SUPER pin. With all the replies, right now she's probably like:

WHYMELORD
Texan Buckeye

United States
01/31/2013 03:57 PM

Report Abusive Post
HAHA! Check that out. Mama doesn't just go for a pin, she goes for a SUPER pin. With all the replies, right now she's probably like:

WHYMELORD

I hope she didn't have plans for tonight!

Last Edited by Texan Buckeye on 01/31/2013 03:57 PM
MamaHasAwakened

United States
01/31/2013 03:58 PM
Report Abusive Post

WHYMELORD

LOL!!!

What's funny is when people ask "You actually believe this?" Nowhere did I say I believe it! I don't know what to believe anymore! Our world is so filled of lies it is hard to find truth!

dance
Nine's

United States
01/31/2013 04:05 PM
Report Abusive Post

WHYMELORD

LOL!!!

What's funny is when people ask "You actually believe this?" Nowhere did I say I believe it! I don't know what to believe anymore! Our world is so filled of lies it is hard to find truth!

dance

For sure. By the time most people reach adulthood, they realize you don't have to believe the news to report on it.

You could tell them it doesn't matter what you believe. You're just reporting it for those who don't have six German Shepherds, multiple munitions, food, water and medicine for 10 yrs. and an in house armory. Then end it with "peace be with you." lolsign
MamaHasAwakened

United States
01/31/2013 04:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
I think someone changed my title! LOL I know I did not type that many words! LOL I know who too!
Texan Buckeye

United States
01/31/2013 04:11 PM

Report Abusive Post
I think someone changed my title! LOL I know I did not type that many words! LOL I know who too!

That's the title I saw earlier, but you did have a bird with a santa hat posting.
MamaHasAwakened

United States
01/31/2013 04:30 PM
Report Abusive Post

That's the title I saw earlier, but you did have a bird with a santa hat posting.

What?????? Not me!
Texan Buckeye

United States
01/31/2013 04:31 PM

Report Abusive Post

What?????? Not me!

No, not your avi. Trinity's.
MamaHasAwakened

United States
01/31/2013 04:51 PM
Report Abusive Post

What?????? Not me!

No, not your avi. Trinity's.

DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER!!!! LOL
Yes, that is who I thought!!! LOL
I KNOW I didn't type that!
flavapor

United States
01/31/2013 05:55 PM

Report Abusive Post
yes mama she loves to sleep on my side, its a pain in the ass, or shall I say ribs. She is like a surfer, she just hangs on when I turn and then repositions herself.

When I get sick of it and chase her off, she just waits till I fall asleep and hops back on. Feels like she weighs 25 lbs!
Southern OR

User ID: 20471008
United States
02/01/2013 12:32 AM

Report Abusive Post
Hi guys! Sorry I bounced out so quick last friday night. I had a knock at the door and there was one of my best friends with a bottle of wine and tears in her eyes. I dropped off the internet in record speed. She was having a parenting crisis. Her teens are younger than mine, so "Been there, done that". By the end of the wine she was laughing. I told her so long as we only think about force feeding them nyquil, duck taping them, and sticking them in a closet, we are still good parents. The bad parents really do it...we just think about it. Lol.

My oldest is here for a quick visit, 4 days. So far, so good. She is a hurricane though. Shit is scattered from here to there and she just got here last night. I love it though, wouldn't trade it for anything.

I also just finished up booking the annual girls trip. This year is Vegas in mid April. Thursday till Sunday. We have Kenny Chesney tickets for Friday night and Bon Jovi for Saturday night. Managed to get a 4 bedroom house with a pool and hot tub so we don't have to stay in a hotel. Total per person for the trip is $550. Not bad with airfare, housing, car, and concert tickets. The annual girls trip keeps me sane. Hubby has hunting season, I have this.

It's been a crazy busy week, but all is good on the western front.
"Well-behaved women seldom make history." —Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~Edward Everett Hale
Nine's

United States
02/01/2013 12:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
We wondered what happened to you, SO. Figured you either fell asleep or were downloading kindle books. And the whole while you were getting soused and laughing it up. drunk

Glad your DD made it safely. Sounds like you got a good deal on your next trip. You'll have a great time! Now, go pick up the house. It's a mess. hiding
Texan Buckeye

United States
02/01/2013 12:57 AM

Report Abusive Post
Hi, Nine's! Saw you out and about. Are you getting the snow and ice? I saw the wreck on 75 outside of Detroit. Yuck!

SO, when my kids were little, there was a stunt that was really popular about wearing a velcro suit, jumping on a mini-tramp and sticking to a wall that was covered in velcro. We all thought that would be a GREAT way to deal with our kids. Too bad velcro was REALLY expensive back then!LOL

Have a great time with your daughter. Did she make a decision about the trip?
Southern OR

United States
02/01/2013 01:01 AM

Report Abusive Post
Hi, Nine's! Saw you out and about. Are you getting the snow and ice? I saw the wreck on 75 outside of Detroit. Yuck!

SO, when my kids were little, there was a stunt that was really popular about wearing a velcro suit, jumping on a mini-tramp and sticking to a wall that was covered in velcro. We all thought that would be a GREAT way to deal with our kids. Too bad velcro was REALLY expensive back then!LOL

Have a great time with your daughter. Did she make a decision about the trip?

She did make a decision. She is looking at deployment in June. I held my tongue. She said for the most part she will be excluded to base only, 12 hour shifts, 3 weeks straight with no days off. She wants to bank some money. Again, I held my tongue. You would have been proud of me.

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~Edward Everett Hale
Southern OR

United States
02/01/2013 01:03 AM

Report Abusive Post
We wondered what happened to you, SO. Figured you either fell asleep or were downloading kindle books. And the whole while you were getting soused and laughing it up. drunk

Glad your DD made it safely. Sounds like you got a good deal on your next trip. You'll have a great time! Now, go pick up the house. It's a mess. hiding

I still find time to read at night, that's what I do before lights out. We did get a bit soused, good thing she is only 2 blocks away so we walk between houses.

Having DD here is such a warm and fuzzy feeling, but the house is suffering. Less than 24 hours and stuff is everwhere. That is why we nicknamed her "Hurricane Alyssa".

The girls trip is looking pretty awesome, if I do say so myself. Vegas, Baby!

Last Edited by Southern OR on 02/01/2013 01:05 AM

GLP