Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,025 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 583,217
Pageviews Today: 938,126Threads Today: 374Posts Today: 6,125
09:57 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

PLEASE READ THIS: I NEED ANSWERSWhat can you tell me about The American Community Survey-Dept of Commerce and the Census Bureau?

Seejanerun
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 1522339
United States
08/31/2011 01:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
PLEASE READ THIS: I NEED ANSWERSWhat can you tell me about The American Community Survey-Dept of Commerce and the Census Bureau?
Ok so I got a letter in the mail yesterday telling me my house and not me personally has benn chosen to fill out a survey that under penality of law must be filled out and returned as soon as possible.

I recently moved to WV 6 months ago. Whwn the Census was going on I was given a long form to fill out that I thought was way too personal. Thought about lying on it. TOld the truth, filled it out, mailed it back in.

In that I have completed a Census, why was this sent to me, do I really have to fill it out under the threat of waterboarding (just joking about that part, I hope)

These questions are far more intrusive than the Census.

They want names ages relationship to that person including catagories such as stepson adopted roomer boarder etc. They want race as always.

They want a description of my home, square feet, how many rooms, how many acres of land, how many cars do we have at the home.They want to know if I have hot and cold running water, a flush toilet a bathtub or shower telephone where I can make and recieve calls from, do I have a cell phone. It goes on and on.

It is 28 pages long with questions front and back of the pages. They are telling me it will take 40 minutes to fill it out.

I don't want to answer this and if I have to I am inclined to lie.

What do you think about this and what would you do? Thanks

Last Edited by Seejanerun on 08/31/2011 02:18 PM
It's hard to make anything fool proof as fools are so ingenious.
Seejanerun  (OP)

United States
08/31/2011 01:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: PLEASE READ THIS: I NEED ANSWERSWhat can you tell me about The American Community Survey-Dept of Commerce and the Census Bureau?
I never bump my own threads but this is important to me.

The brochure they sent me said I had to fill it out and return as soon as possible under penality of law.

I don't want this to disappear into the land of lost posts, so please forgive me for bumping it.

bump
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
08/31/2011 01:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: PLEASE READ THIS: I NEED ANSWERSWhat can you tell me about The American Community Survey-Dept of Commerce and the Census Bureau?
bump
Seejanerun (OP)
United States
08/31/2011 01:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'm looking through this further as I wait for an answer from some kind soul and it gets weirder and weider.

THey want to know what time of day I leave my home in my vechicle. What time I come back,

"How many people usually rode to work in you car, van or truck last week?" Why the hell do they need to know this?

"Last week was this person absent from a job or business? If so for how many days.

"how many minutes did it take you to get from work to home last week?

I am not totally crazy nor am I totally paranoid, but the questions are way too involved. TIme to get from work to home? I haven't even gotten through all the questions yet.

Can anyone give me advice on why I have this and why they are asking these types of questions. Has anyone else gotten one of these?

I feel it is an invasion of privacy and the answers to these questions are none of their business.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1523831
United States
08/31/2011 01:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
It's a survey from the Dept of Commerce and the Census Bureau
Seejanerun  (OP)

United States
08/31/2011 02:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
Someone please answer this even if you are wrong you may have a better idea than I do.

Thanks!
Seejanerun  (OP)

United States
08/31/2011 02:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
It's a survey from the Dept of Commerce and the Census Bureau
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1523831

I understand that, but having all ready answered their questions last time around and telling me I have to answer this under penality of law and the type of questions they are asking make no sense to me. It feels like they are on a fishing expedition. I feel there is another reason they want to know these things and it's creeping me out.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1501215
United States
08/31/2011 02:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ignore it. Nobody has ever been charged with not filling it out.
Seejanerun  (OP)

United States
08/31/2011 02:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1501215

Thznks that helps. Hopefully I wont be the first one. Nor will they show up at my door to get their answers.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1501215
United States
08/31/2011 02:37 PM
Report Abusive Post

Thznks that helps. Hopefully I wont be the first one. Nor will they show up at my door to get their answers.
 Quoting: Seejanerun

Its not an issue at all. Rush fucking Limbaugh was telling people on his NATIONAL radio show dont fill it out you wont get in trouble.

You're fine.
Seejanerun  (OP)

United States
08/31/2011 02:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
SO what is the purpose of asking such imposing questions that have nothing to do with Census or the Dept. of Commerce.

They are way too personal. Has anyone else gotten one of these and are the same kind of questions on theirs?
Seejanerun  (OP)

United States
08/31/2011 04:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
Bumping it again for the evening crowd. I would like some other points of view before I decide what to do with it.

Will also try to find the statute that goes with this survey,nosy fishing expedition.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 364649
United States
10/11/2011 08:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
I have received 2 in the mail and they have showed up twice at my door and left a letter when I wasn't home. I think this is totally an invasion of privacy and I am livid about thinking of having to answer this!!! Will they really fine you?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 3928126
United States
10/24/2011 12:45 PM
Report Abusive Post

They have come to my house 4 times now in the past 45 days. On Saturday, I asked the guy WHY do they keep returning, he said they will until I can sit with them to answer some quesstions. Each time they have showed up, they ask if I have time and each time I say NO.
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/24/2011 12:47 PM
Report Abusive Post

They have come to my house 4 times now in the past 45 days. On Saturday, I asked the guy WHY do they keep returning, he said they will until I can sit with them to answer some quesstions. Each time they have showed up, they ask if I have time and each time I say NO.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 3928126

I actually began to wonder what they were really up to which lead me to these post showing I am not the only one they seem to be bugging. The only thing he manages to get out of his mouth is "How many hours did you work last week".
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/24/2011 01:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
I can tell you that they are bugging the crap out of me, 4 visits in 45 days asking each time if I have a moment to answer some questions. Each time I say NO, he proceeds to ask me how many hours I worked last week anyway. What the heck! Saturday he said he would be back in 80 days for an update. I never received another form to complete or anything, just the visits. His visits are beginning to make me nervous as I feel like I am being stalked. How do you stop them?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1494996
United States
10/24/2011 01:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
It is a sad observation, seeing how little outrage there is over this disgusting and intrusive questioning.
I had just one live peron stop here, and she was follow-up to census; sent her away cause I was busy and I had filled out my form completely so there was nothing to say.
I can't imagine filling that out, it is like surrendering before the war starts.
Some of these questions are too creepy like when do you drive, how many, etc.
Best to all of you, watch that crimethink.
love, peace

GLP