Nip's solar/quake thread

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12385969
United States
03/18/2012 11:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Nip's solar/quake thread
[link to www.ndbc.noaa.gov] buoy off of Washington state is in motion signicantly for a couple days. variance up to 30 meters up or down. this happened once before, in the same area, not sure if the same buoy and nothing big happened, but pointing it out anyway.
 Quoting: Nobody in Particular

I live high in the hills of southwestern WA. My parents just bought a house ON THE BEACH in SW WA. I will keep this page bookmarked! Thanks, NIP!

xoxo to CM, Esu, the Crew and everybody else at AH!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12018334
United States
03/19/2012 12:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.ndbc.noaa.gov] buoy off of Washington state is in motion signicantly for a couple days. variance up to 30 meters up or down. this happened once before, in the same area, not sure if the same buoy and nothing big happened, but pointing it out anyway.

I live high in the hills of southwestern WA. My parents just bought a house ON THE BEACH in SW WA. I will keep this page bookmarked! Thanks, NIP!

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 12385969

well nothing may happen, but when living in such an area, who should be aware and prepared.. this would indicate something under there is moving the water anyway in cycles.
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/19/2012 01:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
that buoy is still active, a double drop around 8+ utc today, up to about 30 meters.
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/20/2012 04:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.ndbc.noaa.gov] that buoy NW off shore Seattle is still going. before the dips and rises of 30 meters were alternating, today, its all 30 meter dips, and I don't know if this is worrisome or not.

I wondered once if maybe the sensors were off on this one, because other buoys in event mode don't move that much, not even the one off western Mexico today that might be related to the quake.

But off or not, this has been going on for days now and the CHANGE of it dropping out concerns me, but I admit I don't know much on such stuff.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12902267
United States
03/21/2012 09:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
by the way, yesterday was not the first day of spring, we hit equinox nearly 2 weeks ago. sun is well north of where it should be if yesterday was equinox. I think this spring equinox location of the sun is a bit north of what it was in fall equinox, indicating perhaps a bit of axis shifting again.
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/23/2012 05:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
usgs leaving off quakes again. I am not going to copy and paste. but here are some briefly. Central Mongolia, 5, eastern turkey 4.5 mariana islands 5.2 SOUTHERN XINJIANG, CHINA, 4.1 Vanuatu region, 5.7 NW Russia 4.5 western turkey 4.1 western/central med. sea 4.3 MW Iran 4 S. Iran 4 Poland 4.4
Ozark

User ID: 9696387
United States
03/23/2012 10:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks Nip! Usgs seismo's have been down also during all the latest missing data period.

Have you recovered enough to do another voice chat? Thanks for all of your time and energy investment! Was great to hear your voice and other glper's voices!

hf

yoda

peace

float

kitty
Favorite quote or Haiku,
Nikos Kazantzakis

" I said to the Almond tree, "Sister, speak to me of God..."
And the Almond tree blossomed...
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/23/2012 10:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks Nip! Usgs seismo's have been down also during all the latest missing data period.

Have you recovered enough to do another voice chat? Thanks for all of your time and energy investment! Was great to hear your voice and other glper's voices!

hf

yoda

peace

float

kitty
 Quoting: Ozark

I can't do one because of other plans until April.
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/24/2012 09:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
next thurday/Friday western australia time there will be another radio show. We did the pre cast last evening. He had intended one for this week, but this teaching schedule got in the way. This one is longer than the first one, taking pretty much the whole 2 hours. Linky will be posted on my front site and he will also start a thread here during the broadcast.
(:-DeeZe

User ID: 2522805
United States
03/24/2012 02:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
next thurday/Friday western australia time there will be another radio show. We did the pre cast last evening. He had intended one for this week, but this teaching schedule got in the way. This one is longer than the first one, taking pretty much the whole 2 hours. Linky will be posted on my front site and he will also start a thread here during the broadcast.

hf

"The love that you withhold is the pain that you carry"

“To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion, to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not rich; to study hard, think quietly, talk gently, act frankly, to listen to stars and birds, to babes and sages, with open heart, to bear all cheerfully, to all bravely await occasions, hurry never. In a word, to let the spiritual unbidden and unconscious grow up through the common. This is to be my symphony.”
.........William Henry Channing
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/25/2012 07:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to earthquake.usgs.gov] 7.2 or so appearing to be ON LAND in Chili. generally an increase in quakes today. Quite a few missing quakes too. They love leaving the ones in Russia and the oceans off the list. Not making a list today. Reminder, I have a special project and will not have much time to post for several days, if you who read this thread wish to keep it updated, feel free. I do like to have a history even for myself which is why I made it. Sun has been mostly quiet as far as I know, haven't checked today much.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11038369
United States
03/27/2012 12:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
well we have a CME over my night! Medium storm, is making ingress.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12385969
United States
03/27/2012 12:49 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 12385969

well nothing may happen, but when living in such an area, who should be aware and prepared.. this would indicate something under there is moving the water anyway in cycles.

yes...followed AH's directions to prepare...food, water, supplies, plan... not moving... a few friends and I are the "ground crew" here, we feel. hf
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/27/2012 01:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
as to the buoy off Seattle, it stopped for a couple days and now back going for a couple of days, and most of it is DROP offs, and to me that is worrisome, but again, 20 meter+ stuff, maybe mean it is mis measuring.
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/27/2012 08:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
well this CME is still coming in. getting to medium large now, long duration.
Plane

User ID: 12994817
Norway
03/27/2012 08:44 PM
Report Abusive Post

can i see the link to realtime data?
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/27/2012 09:24 PM
Report Abusive Post

can i see the link to realtime data?
 Quoting: Plane

[link to www.swpc.noaa.gov] click in the left menu on 1 to 5 minutes lists for the actual data. Please book mark this stuff. the method of this coming in is typical of a CME. I think maybe we were expecting a tiny coronal hole too, but I have a project going on and have not kept up.

[link to www2.nict.go.jp] for pretty graphs and images. The AE index in the middle right, is instruments on satellites in geosynchronous orbit, and thus show how much INGRESS has occurred.

current figures at any time here. click on dial. [link to www.swpc.noaa.gov]

Please book mark these. I have others but I am not on my computer to find them tonight. I do have quite a few links in my first few posts on this thread.
Plane

User ID: 12994817
Norway
03/27/2012 09:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
thank you!
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/01/2012 10:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.ndbc.noaa.gov] this buoy off shore Seattle took a break for a couple days and now has been going for days again and showing more and more disturbance. I would be watching anybody long there. Also there were booms near San Francisco a couple days ago and I can't remember if I posted that here, but one lady had all her 5 foot tall artichoke plants fall over on their sides and ground rose by 4 inches in her back yard.
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/02/2012 03:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.ndbc.noaa.gov] on that buoy, click on details, the dips are getting way more frequent.
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/04/2012 04:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
well the small cme that was expected today arrived and so far, Its small! [link to wdc.kugi.kyoto-u.ac.jp]

I wish nict would start up again.

[link to www.n3kl.org] of interest still is this consistant daily dip in the electron flux, was around 0 utc now a bit after each day. I have no idea on why.

and the buoy off Seattle keeps doing its thing. I assume the red 15 sec events are rogue waves, but I really don't know for sure.

User ID: 2522805
United States
04/04/2012 04:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.ndbc.noaa.gov] on that buoy, click on details, the dips are getting way more frequent.

Boy, this thing is sure moving.

[link to www.ndbc.noaa.gov]

"The love that you withhold is the pain that you carry"

“To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion, to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not rich; to study hard, think quietly, talk gently, act frankly, to listen to stars and birds, to babes and sages, with open heart, to bear all cheerfully, to all bravely await occasions, hurry never. In a word, to let the spiritual unbidden and unconscious grow up through the common. This is to be my symphony.”
.........William Henry Channing
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13827959
United States
04/04/2012 10:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
Copy pasting from another thread. book mark these. I found them quite accidently.

This and the ncit magnetosphere simulation offline indefinitely looks like some kind of conspiracy to me.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 13815223

Live Internet Seismic Server has also been offline for weeks.
[link to aslwww.cr.usgs.gov]

Worth keeping an eye on the pattern of these shutdowns, imho.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 6896871

No its not, let me find the new links, it moved. I found it accidently a few days ago brb.

ok new links bookmark them. [link to earthquake.usgs.gov] for global

[link to earthquake.usgs.gov] US of A
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/05/2012 08:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
Well, this morning another CME has come in, more intense than the small one yesterday. Nict is still down. But there is plenty of evidence.

haarp: [link to www.haarp.alaska.edu] the tiny bump there on the magnetometer is from yesterday's little hit, which didn't make so much ingress. Today, BIG difference.

AE index: [link to wdc.kugi.kyoto-u.ac.jp] good sized spike of energy came in. click "last day to compare to the little one yesterday. I remind readers that the data on the AE index is collected from geostationary satellites which are much closer to earth than ACE and SOHO. So this shows how much is coming in with the negative bz.

[link to umtof.umd.edu] neading the rest of the data but still showing both.

[link to www.n3kl.org] kp currently is 4.

[link to www.swpc.noaa.gov] this 3 day tracing from ACE clearly shows both of them.
[link to www.swpc.noaa.gov] last 24 hours
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/05/2012 02:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov] in the absense of nict, I use this. BATS R US it is indication that the magnetosphere is all rolled up at 1900 Utc. if you miss it, the red threads are wrapped around earth on it, you can use the link at the bottom of the page to look at past images.

If Nict was running, we would have people starting, "oh my god , I never saw this before" the world is collapsing threads here today.
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/05/2012 08:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
I guess these folks on spaceweather can't function without Nict being up. This is the report I just found AURORA WATCH: A CME expected to reach Earth on April 4th is overdue. The cloud might have missed or maybe it's running late. Mindful of a possible impact, NOAA forecasters estimate a 15% chance of polar geomagnetic storms on April 5th. Aurora alerts: text, phone.

After we got a K4 and two storms, a small one and one a bit larger, see my linkies above.

AND HERE IT IS with a strong magnetic reconnection on the back side of the earth today [link to iswa.gsfc.nasa.gov:8080] the hit and magnetic reconnection were between 8 and 9 utc, which you can see also here, on the AE index. [link to wdc.kugi.kyoto-u.ac.jp]

same time frame on haarp magnetometer [link to www.haarp.alaska.edu]

[link to umtof.umd.edu] shows here now too 8 to12 ish utc on SOHO and some more spikes of protons later, not sure cause.
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/05/2012 11:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to spaceweather.com] proof that the light in the west is NOT VENUS beloveds. This is a plasma light ship, it is no planet.

OK, when I read about it, says was taken 40 years ago. OK, have a look now at a current image also found on space weather. [link to spaceweather.com]

This is not a planet people! lovely image with pleiades.
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/06/2012 08:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
Ok I uploaded the fresh pic of pleiades and star ship Venus last night.

:Venus and 7 sist: This is not a planet you are looking at in your western sky. This is a plasma light ship.
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/07/2012 10:22 AM
Report Abusive Post
small cme awhile ago. starting after 0utc

[link to wdc.kugi.kyoto-u.ac.jp]
[link to www.haarp.alaska.edu]
[link to umtof.umd.edu]
[link to www.n3kl.org]
[link to www.swpc.noaa.gov]
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/10/2012 04:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
sun quiet.

yesterday fleet rocked the earth, or better said adjusted it. (monday) Equinox was very early and also a bit north of equinox last sept. the sun is moving very fast north, so the tilt was changed, and this morning the sun came up quite a bit south of where it rose Saturday. I wasn't up during rise on Easter. This stuff always makes me suddenly ill, I mean suddenly. Massive headache, nausea and some vertigo, just boom.

This was not a "gentle" event.

GLP