Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,249 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,022,025
Pageviews Today: 1,832,624Threads Today: 792Posts Today: 14,045
08:45 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Santorini (nea kameni volcano) unrest. Water tempature in caldera rising! Magma spot also detected 4km depth.

jgl
User ID: 30536733
United Kingdom
12/21/2012 08:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Santorini (nea kameni volcano) unrest. Water tempature in caldera rising! Magma spot also detected 4km depth.
There appears to be slightly increased activity beneath Koloumbo volcano, and also around the small island Anhydra to the NE. There is an extensive field of underwater vents to the NE of Koloumbo, I don't know if anyone has dated these, but Anhydra is on the same line. One wonders if there might be something building up there. There is a bathymetric map in

[link to www.santorini.com]

but it doesn't extend far enough to show Anhydra.
jgl
User ID: 9702387
United Kingdom
12/28/2012 09:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Santorini (nea kameni volcano) unrest. Water tempature in caldera rising! Magma spot also detected 4km depth.
o
On the 26th - a little swarm of quakes on the Amorgos side of Anhydra.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31038267
United Kingdom
12/30/2012 05:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
i think this thing is gonna blow, and blow VERY big!

why?

look at this..

[link to bbnet.gein.noa.gr]

that is all the EQs in Greece this year. notice anything?

notice the circular nature of the quakes at ALL depths AROUND Santorini, and the lack of quakes in the big circle in the centre?

also, notice that there is a line of quakes leading DIRECTLY to Santorini underneath it to the south west?
insertfunnyusername

User ID: 30531493
Greece
12/31/2012 10:00 AM
Report Abusive Post

why?

look at this..

notice the circular nature of the quakes at ALL depths AROUND Santorini, and the lack of quakes in the big circle in the centre?

also, notice that there is a line of quakes leading DIRECTLY to Santorini underneath it to the south west?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31038267

Scary map.

damned
insertfunnyusername

Greece
12/31/2012 10:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
The director of Geodynamics Research, Dr. Gerasimos Papadopoulos, decided with his team to place a magnetometer in Santorini, because of the increased volcanic activity. Scientists sound reassuring on the press for now.

[link to www.ethnos.gr]

Translate by yourselves please coz google doesn't want to cooperate. :)

Last Edited by insertfunnyusername on 12/31/2012 10:41 AM
Ostria1

User ID: 29325791
Greece
12/31/2012 10:30 AM

Report Abusive Post
The director of Geodynamics Research, Dr. Gerasimos Papadopoulos, decided with his team to place a magnetometer in Santorini, because of the increased volcanic activity. Scientists sound reassuring on the press for now.
[link to translate.google.gr]
[link to www.ethnos.gr]
 Quoting: insertfunnyusername

Magnetometers measure changes in local magnetic fields resulting from a combination of mean crustal stress change, fluid flow associated with earthquakes, fault slip, and a number of processes related to volcanic activity.
To isolate these local magnetic fields, the magnetic data must be corrected for normal geomagnetic field variations, magnetic storms and other disturbances including those generated by cultural activity. Ultra-precise, absolute instruments with a precision of 0.2 nanotesla are used. Higher frequency disturbances are monitored using fluxgate or coil magnetometers. The monitoring sensors are carefully located in regions where the local magnetic field gradient is less than 1 nanotesla/meter to avoid spurious signals being generated during ground movement generated by earthquake shaking and volcanic eruptions. Because proton magnetometer measurements are absolute, data from any particular year can be compared with that from yesterday or 20 years ago or longer. Thus, long term changes related to plate movements can be isolated in the data. Rapid correction for most non-tectonic disturbances can be achieved by simple differences between data from two nearby magnetometers.
Ostria
insertfunnyusername

Greece
12/31/2012 10:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to translate.google.gr]
[link to www.ethnos.gr]

Magnetometers measure changes in local magnetic fields resulting from a combination of mean crustal stress change, fluid flow associated with earthquakes, fault slip, and a number of processes related to volcanic activity.
To isolate these local magnetic fields, the magnetic data must be corrected for normal geomagnetic field variations, magnetic storms and other disturbances including those generated by cultural activity. Ultra-precise, absolute instruments with a precision of 0.2 nanotesla are used. Higher frequency disturbances are monitored using fluxgate or coil magnetometers. The monitoring sensors are carefully located in regions where the local magnetic field gradient is less than 1 nanotesla/meter to avoid spurious signals being generated during ground movement generated by earthquake shaking and volcanic eruptions. Because proton magnetometer measurements are absolute, data from any particular year can be compared with that from yesterday or 20 years ago or longer. Thus, long term changes related to plate movements can be isolated in the data. Rapid correction for most non-tectonic disturbances can be achieved by simple differences between data from two nearby magnetometers.
 Quoting: Ostria1

applausehf

P.S. Google-translate screws the link for some reason.
Ostria1

Greece
12/31/2012 10:43 AM

Report Abusive Post
applausehf

P.S. Google-translate screws the link for some reason.

anyway i dont like all these small quakes i see around but it could just result to a small event like the rise of nea kameni.

on the other hand i see medium quakes around the world lately (and especially in europe and turkey/georgia) that ring an alarm. we will see.
Ostria
insertfunnyusername

Greece
12/31/2012 10:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
anyway i dont like all these small quakes i see around but it could just result to a small event like the rise of nea kameni.

on the other hand i see medium quakes around the world lately (and especially in europe and turkey/georgia) that ring an alarm. we will see.

Yep, lots of activity lately and i don't like it either. Been watching the swarms in Dodecanese this month, seems to be a bit better than 2 weeks ago but still shaking, Turkey too.
Hope we'll see nothing tbh. tounge
nibiflex

User ID: 10113463
United Kingdom
12/31/2012 03:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.youtube.com]

volume is a bit low hidingeq
Del Boy: All the things that we've ever got out of life have come from my intelligence and my foresight
Rodney: Well, I'm glad somebody's owned up, ....He who dares wins Rodders
...eekerstard also
insertfunnyusername

User ID: 31216113
Greece
12/31/2012 03:47 PM
Report Abusive Post

[link to www.youtube.com]

volume is a bit low hidingeq
 Quoting: nibiflex

doomhole
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31172622
United Kingdom
12/31/2012 03:52 PM
Report Abusive Post

why?

look at this..

Scary map.

damned

notice the circular patterns? very telling. something big is happening down there
insertfunnyusername

Greece
12/31/2012 04:03 PM
Report Abusive Post

why?

look at this..

Scary map.

damned

notice the circular patterns? very telling. something big is happening down there
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31172622

Yeah, very interesting and telling map, gives a total new perspective to this region, some of the nearby eq's seem to be in a very big depth too. I could compromise with a 6.0 as things stand now tbh. tounge

Last Edited by insertfunnyusername on 12/31/2012 04:03 PM
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
12/31/2012 04:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
what is that relatively quake free zone in the middle though? that is very odd. all the action surrounding it, and very few quakes in that circle, and Santorini almost smack in the middle of it. almost as if there's a huge balloon under there, and the inflating of it is pushing outwards in all directions, but not upwards, YET!
insertfunnyusername

Greece
12/31/2012 04:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
what is that relatively quake free zone in the middle though? that is very odd. all the action surrounding it, and very few quakes in that circle, and Santorini almost smack in the middle of it. almost as if there's a huge balloon under there, and the inflating of it is pushing outwards in all directions, but not upwards, YET!

Are you the ac that is posting as jgl?

Last Edited by insertfunnyusername on 12/31/2012 04:17 PM
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
12/31/2012 04:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
no. just someone who keeps an eye on things.
insertfunnyusername

Greece
12/31/2012 04:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
no. just someone who keeps an eye on things.

Cool, me too. :)
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
01/01/2013 10:10 AM
Report Abusive Post

That would be the airbubble
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31240561
United Kingdom
01/01/2013 12:23 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 10113463

or the magmabubble?

chuckle

damned
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
01/01/2013 02:09 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 10113463

or the magmabubble?

chuckle

damned
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31240561

scaredabomb
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31647010
United Kingdom
01/08/2013 10:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to neic.usgs.gov]

220 miles nne of Santorini
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
01/08/2013 02:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
activity at Santorini since the new year..

[link to oi49.tinypic.com]

taken from..

Ostria1

Greece
01/11/2013 06:49 PM

Report Abusive Post
check this here

photo
[link to imageshack.us]
Ostria
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
01/11/2013 07:02 PM
Report Abusive Post

hmmm

that station is showing the lot. A type quakes, and harmonics. It's on, and I shit you not, LESBOS!

Is Lesbos gonna blow?

i can't see it, personally!
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
01/11/2013 07:04 PM
Report Abusive Post

hmmm

that station is showing the lot. A type quakes, and harmonics. It's on, and I shit you not, LESBOS!

Is Lesbos gonna blow?

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31647010

weird. all the charts around Lesbos have 'gone down'

oo er missus
Ostria1

Greece
01/11/2013 08:00 PM

Report Abusive Post
hmmm

Is Lesbos gonna blow?

oo er missus

here is the page with all the seismographs
[link to www.geophysics.geol.uoa.gr]

click on the triangles and see the real time seismograph at the end of the list.

this is how the big one betweem limnos and lesvos was recorded at the Samothraki and Limnos seismographs
[link to www.inews.gr]

Last Edited by Ostria1 on 01/11/2013 08:00 PM
Ostria
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
01/12/2013 11:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
cracking link. thanks!
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
01/12/2013 11:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
hmmm

Is Lesbos gonna blow?

oo er missus

click on the triangles and see the real time seismograph at the end of the list.

this is how the big one betweem limnos and lesvos was recorded at the Samothraki and Limnos seismographs
[link to www.inews.gr]

again, some interesting signals at Lesbos

it erupted millions of years ago apparently, in a massive eruption. couldn't be, could it?
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
01/12/2013 12:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
hmmm

Is Lesbos gonna blow?

oo er missus

[link to www.inews.gr]

again, some interesting signals at Lesbos

it erupted millions of years ago apparently, in a massive eruption. couldn't be, could it?

[link to www.academia.edu]

article about uplift on Lesbos

one point has risen 11.4 metres, and there's an image of it too on the link
insertfunnyusername

User ID: 31895002
Greece
01/12/2013 02:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
hiding

GLP