Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,115 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 628,401
Pageviews Today: 1,092,118Threads Today: 454Posts Today: 7,653
01:14 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Santorini (nea kameni volcano) unrest. Water tempature in caldera rising! Magma spot also detected 4km depth.

Foveras

User ID: 3261898
Greece
10/15/2011 08:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Santorini (nea kameni volcano) unrest. Water tempature in caldera rising! Magma spot also detected 4km depth.
3.0 7km northeast santorini

[link to www.earthquakenet.gr]
Love responsibility,
keep saying, I alone
will save the world
If it gets lost, myself only is responsible

N.Kazantzakis
Ostria1

User ID: 3206327
Greece
10/15/2011 08:23 AM

Report Abusive Post
Re: Santorini (nea kameni volcano) unrest. Water tempature in caldera rising! Magma spot also detected 4km depth.

Quoting: Foveras

Hmmm I think a new volcano (cone) may rise there. But I am more concerned about the latest Kalamata earthquakes right now.
Ostria
Foveras

User ID: 3261898
Greece
10/15/2011 08:29 AM
Report Abusive Post

Hmmm I think a new volcano (cone) may rise there. But I am more concerned about the latest Kalamata earthquakes right now.
 Quoting: Ostria1

Yes they have increase significantly last couple of weeks. Mainly small ones. The whole region of west southwest peloponisos is very interesting to watch
Love responsibility,
keep saying, I alone
will save the world

N.Kazantzakis
Ostria1

Greece
10/15/2011 08:49 AM

Report Abusive Post

Yes they have increase significantly last couple of weeks. Mainly small ones. The whole region of west southwest peloponisos is very interesting to watch

Do you know this is one of the future economic investement zones?

Last Edited by Ostria1 on 10/15/2011 08:52 AM
Ostria
so-gui-li  (OP)

User ID: 1332289
Finland
10/15/2011 09:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thank you everyone about updates. Kalamata situation worries me too. It looks like that plate movement is increasing not going down. What kind of place they are planning there ostria1?

That moving generates lots of energy and it is possible even likely that energy collecting magma in beneath santorini.

My first book what i read many many (im 33) years ago about volcanoes told just that theory. There was example how about santorini,vesuvius and campi flegrei get their energy and magma.
Ostria1

Greece
10/15/2011 09:44 AM

Report Abusive Post
Thank you everyone about updates. Kalamata situation worries me too. It looks like that plate movement is increasing not going down. What kind of place they are planning there ostria1?

That moving generates lots of energy and it is possible even likely that energy collecting magma in beneath santorini.

My first book what i read many many (im 33) years ago about volcanoes told just that theory. There was example how about santorini,vesuvius and campi flegrei get their energy and magma.
 Quoting: so-gui-li

You're welcome. Part will be industrial zone and I guess there will be touristic development on the coasts.
But there isnt a volcano near there, it is only the plates that crash on each other.
On the volcanos, we have a total of 39 volcanos in Greece, the biggest (and more dangerous) are those of Santorini, Milos, Nisyros and Methana.
Ostria
so-gui-li  (OP)

Finland
10/15/2011 10:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
Looks pretty interesting place to make tourist place because seismic activity is so high. Well let see what happen.

Santorini collects lot of energy from those plate movements and it think it is some kind of main vent in Mediterranea Sea like italy volcanoes also.

Is there have been any activity in nisyros recently. I think it is most active volcano in Greece after santorni. But im not sure about that.
Ostria1

Greece
10/15/2011 10:14 AM

Report Abusive Post
Looks pretty interesting place to make tourist place because seismic activity is so high. Well let see what happen.

Santorini collects lot of energy from those plate movements and it think it is some kind of main vent in Mediterranea Sea like italy volcanoes also.

Is there have been any activity in nisyros recently. I think it is most active volcano in Greece after santorni. But im not sure about that.

Not much I think.
Check here about the Nisyros volcano
[link to nisyrianreview.blogspot.com]
Ostria
Foveras

User ID: 1898769
United States
10/15/2011 01:54 PM
Report Abusive Post

Yes my wife is from Ilia. This was the reason of the 2007 fires. Oh and of course Ionia odos is about to get through the area.
Love responsibility,
keep saying, I alone
will save the world

N.Kazantzakis
so-gui-li  (OP)

Finland
10/15/2011 02:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to 122.20.254.201:443]

now 1.2 earhquake in the crater
Hellenophile
User ID: 999878
Canada
10/15/2011 11:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
BUMP

For a fascinating thread!
Keep Smiling

User ID: 72261
New Zealand
10/16/2011 02:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
bump
so-gui-li  (OP)

Finland
10/16/2011 04:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
Ok this is getting quite serious soon if thing goes this way

Now 2.5 magnitude in crater.

[link to geophysics.geo.auth.gr]

Last Edited by so-gui-li on 10/16/2011 04:06 AM
AWinterShadow

User ID: 3408586
Germany
10/16/2011 04:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
yeah if this prediction or whatever it is from MatrixLNIN11 (see my post from the previous page) is true it could blow on or around the 30th. if there's anything to it we'll know in a few days. it says activity should go up further from today though the 19th. if that DOES happen it could be right about the "awakening" on the 30th as well.
so-gui-li  (OP)

Finland
10/16/2011 04:44 AM
Report Abusive Post

0.9 magnitude. There is swarm again today.
so-gui-li  (OP)

Finland
10/16/2011 04:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
2011-10-15 12:39:05.7 36.42 N 25.42 E 6 2.5 DODECANESE ISLANDS, GREECE
2011-10-15 12:02:14.0 36.41 N 25.50 E 2 3.0 DODECANESE ISLANDS, GREECE

There have been two quite interesting earthquake yesterday.

Its really looks like this place is more active than Katla area.
so-gui-li  (OP)

Finland
10/16/2011 05:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
1.2magnitude in the crater

Ostria1

Greece
10/16/2011 06:06 AM

Report Abusive Post

Yes my wife is from Ilia. This was the reason of the 2007 fires. Oh and of course Ionia odos is about to get through the area.

Ha! About the big fires I totally agree with you , it was all planned. Damn, I wish people could realise what is really going on. Check on the latest announcements [link to www.tovima.gr]
And then check the company's profile outside of Kalamata.
Anyway, I would like to know which is the island for the other agreement.
Ostria
Ostria1

Greece
10/16/2011 06:07 AM

Report Abusive Post
1.2magnitude in the crater

wow! so many small quakes in the last 48 hours!
Ostria
so-gui-li  (OP)

Finland
10/16/2011 07:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
Yes there is really much earthquakes and i think they are all quite shallow. I posted those two quakes from emsc and those quakes hit really near or directly inside magmachamber. There is definitely something going on.

I will try to get somewhere seismographs from santorini. It would be good information to look. I think anyway that there is same kind of situation than raul island that sea will shallow so much that it is almost impossible to separate sea and magma movement.

If somebody find that data i'm really grateful that link.
so-gui-li  (OP)

Finland
10/17/2011 06:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
1.3 Magnitude earthquake in caldera.

Anonymous Coward (OP)
Finland
10/17/2011 10:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
Well now 0.5 earthquake.

This is not so busy day than yesterday was.
Keep Smiling

New Zealand
10/17/2011 03:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
I hesitate to post this - because it was a dream. But seeing how the whole of the Med is now littered with quakes I think I will.

It was a simple dream but very, very real. I was in a very ancient shop made of stone on the shores of the Med. I was looking out the window to the beautiful colours of the sea and knew that the shop was not going to be there for much longer. The sea was going to take it and I just knew I was in Greece. (I had this dream a couple of months ago).

Now I see all these quakes in the region I can only hope that this quake swarm (and man it is one big swarm) releases all the energy and avoids a big one.

Watching and praying for the beautiful Med and the countries surrounding.
Keep Smiling

New Zealand
10/17/2011 03:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ostria - I forgot to ask. With all your quake history when was the last time a constant swarm of quakes like this happened? I will do some googling myself - but just thought you might have good access to some of your national data.
so-gui-li  (OP)

Finland
10/18/2011 02:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
Good morning all

There was only 0.5 earthquake in night. Looks like this caldera rest now after big swarm. Let see when it starts again.

Keep smiling. Interesting dream. I dont remember that there have been big tsunami after huge earthquake in med sea. Only what i know is tsunami after Lissabon earthquake 1755. All huge tsunamis what i know in med sea come from santorini i think.

But if there happens big earthquake in Greek coastline there is potential to generate tsunami. About that thing biggest question is how the earthplates moving. If they moves up/down then there is absolutely chance to generate that tsunami.
so-gui-li  (OP)

Finland
10/18/2011 08:22 AM
Report Abusive Post

1.2 earthquake today next to caldera.
so-gui-li  (OP)

Finland
10/18/2011 01:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
2.0 magnitude earthquake in the caldera.

so-gui-li  (OP)

Finland
10/18/2011 02:23 PM
Report Abusive Post

and now different place 1.1 magnitude quake. It swarms again.
so-gui-li  (OP)

Finland
10/19/2011 02:51 AM
Report Abusive Post

1.3 earthquake in the caldera. There have been lots of earthquakes in the caldera so absolutely something is going on in there.
Ostria1

User ID: 3507642
Greece
10/19/2011 03:27 AM

Report Abusive Post
I will try to get somewhere seismographs from santorini. It would be good information to look. I think anyway that there is same kind of situation than raul island that sea will shallow so much that it is almost impossible to separate sea and magma movement.

If somebody find that data i'm really grateful that link.

Ok I found the seismographs.

Akrotiri
[link to bbnet.gein.noa.gr]

Karterados

Thirasia

Oia

Profitis Ilias (Saint Elia)