Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,100 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,003,045
Pageviews Today: 1,795,122Threads Today: 774Posts Today: 13,711
08:20 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Santorini (nea kameni volcano) unrest. Water tempature in caldera rising! Magma spot also detected 4km depth.

so-gui-li  (OP)

User ID: 1332289
Finland
11/13/2011 04:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Santorini (nea kameni volcano) unrest. Water tempature in caldera rising! Magma spot also detected 4km depth.
[link to bbnet.gein.noa.gr]

This seismograph also looks really scary. Could it be weather?

I dont think that anybody is working near this spot because it is sunday.
so-gui-li  (OP)

Finland
11/13/2011 08:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Santorini (nea kameni volcano) unrest. Water tempature in caldera rising! Magma spot also detected 4km depth.
[link to geophysics.geo.auth.gr]

Okey now hits 2.1 earthquake directly in caldera.
so-gui-li  (OP)

Finland
11/13/2011 08:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
That seismograph which one i posted up getting wild more. Im not sure could be it some kind of weather what is showing in this seismo. It looks pretty clean in santorini: [link to www.santorini.net]

If it is not that weather or something else it is magma moving and it looks bubbling really badly now.
so-gui-li  (OP)

Finland
11/13/2011 01:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.emsc-csem.org]

3.7 and dept 94km hits quite near. This is not next to santorini but this could be singal some plate movement which can effect to the thera magma chamber.
so-gui-li  (OP)

Finland
11/13/2011 03:52 PM
Report Abusive Post

here is seismograph which one we dont like see place like this. It would be interesting to know what is reason this.
Keep Smiling

User ID: 72261
New Zealand
11/13/2011 04:12 PM
Report Abusive Post

here is seismograph which one we dont like see place like this. It would be interesting to know what is reason this.
 Quoting: so-gui-li

hiding Looks like a big uptick in action to me. Quakes are getting bigger too. Not good.
Ostria1

User ID: 4952087
Greece
11/13/2011 04:27 PM

Report Abusive Post
If you see the camera moving it is probably the winds. We have bad winds here and cold weather.

I found this from some days ago.
Its on the seismic activity between Santorini and Crete we see the last days in November.

"We have an earthquake in a seismically active region with surface earthquakes. We follow closely the evolution of the phenomenon but I believe that there is no reason for concern "- said to " R "the seismologist's Seismology Laboratory, University of Patras Efthimios Sokos.

"We experience the activation of a horizontal seismic fault that slips in the direction of NW to SE. In the area we recorded last 14 total earthquakes in 48 hours "- said the" E "the geologist - a seismologist at the National Observatory of Athens Thanassis Ganas.

This article is from November 7

in greek
[link to www.trelokouneli.gr]

We had a new earthquake today near Ierapetra, Crete, 3.1 R and 6 klm deep. What is interesting is that all these earthquakes are very shallow (around 5 klm).
from the article today

"Meanwhile today, the seismic activity continued in the sea area between Crete and Santorini, in the same spot where there had been an earthquake of magnitude 4.9 on the Richter scale last Sunday 6 / 11.

Specifically, at 10:12 a.m. an earthquake recorded measuring 2.9 on the Richter scale in the sea area located 63 km north of Agios Nikolaos and at 11:44 a.m. in the same area, just 57 km north of Agios Nikolaos another earthquake measuring 2.7 on the Richter scale.

These small earthquakes, are considered perfectly normal by the seismologists who watch the overall seismic activity in the region of Crete.
[link to www.newpost.gr]
Ostria
so-gui-li  (OP)

Finland
11/13/2011 04:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
Really good information ostria1. Thank you.

That fault moving is really interesting and it worries me really much. First that generates magma and eruption point is for sure santorini.

Second there is magma already so can this movement open the route that magma? big question but looks really much that they have big problem there now.
so-gui-li  (OP)

Finland
11/13/2011 05:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
I put here all three seismos what is working on again. Ostria1 posted them early. They look all really bad. This not look normal at all. I go soon to sleep and try to get some information also from santorini.

Here seismographs from Thera/Santorini

this one is same kind of than elhierro and krakatau seismos now.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1126469
United States
11/13/2011 05:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
gasp
so-gui-li  (OP)

Finland
11/13/2011 05:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
Well looks like there is two volcano which one activity is rising. Both of them are in this thera caldera area:

There is nea kameni and undersea volcano kolumbos which are now unrest: [link to www.volcanodiscovery.com]
Ostria1

User ID: 4952087
Greece
11/13/2011 05:29 PM

Report Abusive Post
Well looks like there is two volcano which one activity is rising. Both of them are in this thera caldera area:

There is nea kameni and undersea volcano kolumbos which are now unrest: [link to www.volcanodiscovery.com]

kolumbos was discovered quite recently I think (some years ago if I remember well). I hope the scientists do watch over all this activity.
Ostria
so-gui-li  (OP)

Finland
11/13/2011 05:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yes this was totally new information to me also. First time i ever heard. Can you give me its coordinate ostria1?

I have now really bad feeling. I just looked santorini eruption time line and looks like that eruption is now late quite much. This can be quite big if it erupts and this place have done new volcano already there.
so-gui-li  (OP)

Finland
11/14/2011 01:58 AM
Report Abusive Post

Okey there had 2,7 earthquake in santorini and those seismograps get more and more active. This place activity is rising.
so-gui-li  (OP)

Finland
11/14/2011 05:42 AM
Report Abusive Post

2.9 magnitude and depth 4km!!! this hits directly in magma chamber. This 3.4 magnitude hits quite near also. Seismographs shows also that there is something terrible now wrong in Thera volcano. It is very much alive.
so-gui-li  (OP)

Finland
11/14/2011 05:42 AM
Report Abusive Post

here that 3.4 magnitue quake.
so-gui-li  (OP)

Finland
11/14/2011 10:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
2011-11-14 03:31:12 2.7 17 Km
2011-11-14 08:36:01 2.3 10 Km
2011-11-14 09:33:21 2.4 1 Km
2011-11-13 09:44:28 2.7 25 Km
2011-11-13 08:47:14 2.5 18 Km
2011-11-13 08:12:14 2.7 16 Km
2011-11-13 17:27:21 3.7 94 Km

Here is some kind of list about earthquakes couple last days. It looks that this swarm is from magmachamber. That 3.7 earthquake is from plate movement.
so-gui-li  (OP)

Finland
11/14/2011 11:31 AM
Report Abusive Post

2.3 earthquake near santorini now. I dont know depth yet.
so-gui-li  (OP)

Finland
11/15/2011 08:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
1.5 magnitude quake and there have been also early earthquake also. Seismographs looks bad: [link to bbnet.gein.noa.gr]
Gizzie

User ID: 5433776
United Kingdom
11/15/2011 12:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
15th November

Seismic activity beneath Santorini volcano continues to be slightly above normal levels. Beginning since July this year, an there is elevated activity in a SW-NE trending zone passing through Nea Kameni and the submarine Kolumbos volcano NE of Santorini. The alignment (also known as the Kameni and Kolumbus lines) is a ca. 2 km wide zone parallel to a tectonic horst and graben structure of the crystalline basement of the area. Most of the known volcanic vents of Santorini during the past 2 million years were located on this alignment, more precisely either on its southern boundary (Kameni line) or on its northern boundary (Kolumbus line). Lacking other data sources, the information visible on the location and number of earthquakes is too weak, other than to vaguely speculate that the current earthquake activity around Santorini could be a precursor to new activity from this volcano. Santorini's last eruption was in 1950.

[link to hisz.rsoe.hu]
Keep Smiling

User ID: 72261
New Zealand
11/15/2011 03:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
15th November

Seismic activity beneath Santorini volcano continues to be slightly above normal levels. Beginning since July this year, an there is elevated activity in a SW-NE trending zone passing through Nea Kameni and the submarine Kolumbos volcano NE of Santorini. The alignment (also known as the Kameni and Kolumbus lines) is a ca. 2 km wide zone parallel to a tectonic horst and graben structure of the crystalline basement of the area. Most of the known volcanic vents of Santorini during the past 2 million years were located on this alignment, more precisely either on its southern boundary (Kameni line) or on its northern boundary (Kolumbus line). Lacking other data sources, the information visible on the location and number of earthquakes is too weak, other than to vaguely speculate that the current earthquake activity around Santorini could be a precursor to new activity from this volcano. Santorini's last eruption was in 1950.

[link to hisz.rsoe.hu]
 Quoting: Gizzie

Thanks for that info - with all these earthquakes around the caldera and down through the trending zone one would think its lava. To 'vaguely speculate' lol what a way with words.
so-gui-li  (OP)

Finland
11/19/2011 01:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
Now there have been 1.8 earthquake in caldera.

There not have been really much activity in last 48hours before that.
so-gui-li  (OP)

Finland
11/19/2011 09:51 AM
Report Abusive Post

1.9 earthquake near santorini. Seismographs have been really scary also today.
so-gui-li  (OP)

Finland
11/22/2011 04:05 AM
Report Abusive Post

Santorini swarm again.

Seismograph are not so scary now so harmonic tremor is end now.
so-gui-li  (OP)

Finland
11/22/2011 04:46 AM
Report Abusive Post

Well this seismograph starting get wild again...
so-gui-li  (OP)

Finland
11/23/2011 05:31 AM
Report Abusive Post

1.6 magnitude and there have been couple smaller earhquake before this one.
Ostria1

User ID: 5778426
Greece
11/23/2011 05:52 AM

Report Abusive Post

1.6 magnitude and there have been couple smaller earhquake before this one.

Thanks so-gui-li!
With all the talking about supervolcanos lately, do you think we enter a period when one of them can really erupt?
Ostria
so-gui-li  (OP)

Finland
11/23/2011 06:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
Well i'm not sure. There is lots of activity. Now really dangerous and active are Aira-caldera, Krakatau, Tambora, Taupo volcanic field and Santorini. Those places get their energy from plate movement and we can expect that some of them will erupt like aira-caldera erupts now.

Big ones Yellowstone and Lake Toba situation is quite similar. I just heard that Lake Toba huge volcanic lake 5km beneath Toba lake is quite full because of late plate movement in great sumatran fault line and there is danger that big earthquake could launch eruption there. But it is really stabile now despite late earthquake movement.

Yellowstone is also really stabile but i really think that there will be happen something because earth magnetic field is chancing. It can launch many volcanoes and huge earthquakes any time. I think thats why many hotspot place is really active.

Nabro,Canary island, Azores, Iceland for example. If this is continuing it think we will hear more about yellowstone in future.
Ostria1

User ID: 5778426
Greece
11/23/2011 07:08 AM

Report Abusive Post
Well i'm not sure. There is lots of activity. Now really dangerous and active are Aira-caldera, Krakatau, Tambora, Taupo volcanic field and Santorini. Those places get their energy from plate movement and we can expect that some of them will erupt like aira-caldera erupts now.

Big ones Yellowstone and Lake Toba situation is quite similar. I just heard that Lake Toba huge volcanic lake 5km beneath Toba lake is quite full because of late plate movement in great sumatran fault line and there is danger that big earthquake could launch eruption there. But it is really stabile now despite late earthquake movement.

Yellowstone is also really stabile but i really think that there will be happen something because earth magnetic field is chancing. It can launch many volcanoes and huge earthquakes any time. I think thats why many hotspot place is really active.

Nabro,Canary island, Azores, Iceland for example. If this is continuing it think we will hear more about yellowstone in future.

Yes this is the picture I have too (and I didnt know the info you posted on Toba!)
It could be the magnetic field changing or the end of an epoch, I dont know. The news that made me go humm is about Uturuncu in Bolivia. Its magma chamber grows around 10 times faster than normal, and this is really alarming.
Ostria
so-gui-li  (OP)

Finland
11/23/2011 07:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
34.35 N 25.05 E 10 5.0 CRETE, GREECE

Too near this place. I dont like that at all. Here one seismograph from santorini

GLP