Least Servant
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 1379655
United States
10/05/2011 09:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
In Recognition of the Quiet Death of American Democracy
I think it is fair to say as a premise that the GOP field is sorely lacking in both electable and qualified candidates for the Presidency. Furthermore, the general consensus amongst the thinking left and the libertarian right, which is to say, the quality members of the Electorate, the engagement of which our fate as a nation so depends, is that our recent administrations have set the nation on a course that demands immediate corrective action lest our fortunes fall upon the rocks of ill fate.

With these truths being taken as self-evident, what great activity do we find amongst the opposition to comb the rank and file of the American leadership elite in industry, business, science, philosophy, and art to find any man or woman of capable intellect and suitable character for such a position as the Presidency?

WE FIND LADIES AND GENTLEMEN ABSOLUTELY NONE!

And it is in this last boldfaced statement, that we can with some great regret mark the passing of the vibrant era of the democratic process of the United States of America and officially declare ourselves to be in the grip of the machinations of the selectors, breeders, and controllers of the Mediocre Men of Double Influence, an apt term I believe to describe 99.99% of the persons whom the media would gift with the term "politically experienced" as a spoken yet subconscious gifting of the quality of "electability".

What if, supposing a hypothetical for a moment, some great benefactor of society in true philanthropic spirit were to collect the resources and initiate and see to fruition a process of pure selection, in which the great minds and personages were called from every corner of American life to demonstrate their fitness and qualities to be POTUS, perhaps even with their own reluctance! Let us further suppose that such a caucus was established amongst this group of potential candidates in which the MOST qualified amongst them was chosen to represent the party in the general election.

What would be the outcome of such a praiseworthy and I propose now necessary process? I advance that it would be to have such a candidate labeled as "politically inexperienced", thus associating with him the dangerous stigma of incapacity for such a great position. Well, this whole very logic goes against the Will of the Founding Fathers to HAVE NO POLITICAL CLASS.

And it is with these simple observations, in light of a premise and admittedly probing understanding of the situation, that I write this short essay in recognition of the Quiet Death of American Democracy.

eaglehalo

Last Edited by Least Servant on 10/05/2011 09:10 PM
:romaflag:
Not enough to fight, too many to die.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2230535
United States
10/05/2011 09:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: In Recognition of the Quiet Death of American Democracy
there is no right and left and democracy is not a desired condition. we were created a REPUBLIC. Democracy leads to fascism, always.
Least Servant  (OP)

United States
10/05/2011 09:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
there is no right and left and democracy is not a desired condition. we were created a REPUBLIC. Democracy leads to fascism, always.
 Quoting: Nobody in Particular

Well, I'm trying not to get caught up on that academic distinction right now.

I am using the term "democracy" to refer to representative government in general because I think it is more poetic than to say "THE American Republic" or "American Republicanism" because the later is ambiguous. cool2

I assume you agree with my conclusion, that we are largely boned because we can't figure out that career politicians are bad leaders.
Least Servant  (OP)

United States
10/05/2011 09:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2230535
United States
10/05/2011 09:34 PM
Report Abusive Post

I am using the term "democracy" to refer to representative government in general because I think it is more poetic than to say "THE American Republic" or "American Republicanism" because the later is ambiguous. cool2

I assume you agree with my conclusion, that we are largely boned because we can't figure out that career politicians are bad leaders.
 Quoting: Least Servant

well we do not get to choose who runs, the parties do. and the president is chosen years in advance. there IS a distinction and we will not get back to what we had for a few short years long ago until that is understood. the people place nobody in office, despite the game and in a republic there are NO Parties. I don't mean "one party" I mean NO parties.
Least Servant  (OP)

United States
10/05/2011 09:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
well we do not get to choose who runs, the parties do. and the president is chosen years in advance. there IS a distinction and we will not get back to what we had for a few short years long ago until that is understood. the people place nobody in office, despite the game and in a republic there are NO Parties. I don't mean "one party" I mean NO parties.

I am reasonably certain the thesis of my essay illustrates this point.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 589518
Australia
10/05/2011 09:46 PM
Report Abusive Post

And representative government is a fucking joke. It's just mob rule. What part of "Republic" don't you understand, commie?
If the Republic was working as intended, liberal scum like you wouldn't even be able to vote.
Least Servant  (OP)

United States
10/05/2011 09:47 PM
Report Abusive Post

And representative government is a fucking joke. It's just mob rule. What part of "Republic" don't you understand, commie?
If the Republic was working as intended, liberal scum like you wouldn't even be able to vote.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 589518

fail

I am a feudalist.

All Hail King Arthur Our Once and Future King.

But that's only philosophically... in principle I am an American Hamiltonian Federalist.

Last Edited by Least Servant on 10/05/2011 09:48 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 980537
United States
10/05/2011 09:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
SHRModerator
Forum Administrator

10/05/2011 09:51 PM

Report Abusive Post

Steven Hawkings would make a very poor president and the Nobel prize winning Secretary of Energy we have right now is a total failure...So you cannot use brain power as a measure...

In fact there is no measure...so don't act so pius...you vote for whom you think is going to be able to handle what cannot be known...then you hope when the time comes to make those calls which hold life in the balance that they make the right ones. The fact is no one is going to know until that time comes...you can measure all you want...but you're looking for something which cannot be measured in a president...until after it shows itself...

Ooooh, see the fire is sweepin' Our very streets today...
Burns like a red coal carpet, Mad bulls lost the way...
War, children, it's just a shot away...it's just a shot away....
Least Servant  (OP)

United States
10/05/2011 09:53 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 589518

fail

I am a feudalist.

All Hail King Arthur Our Once and Future King.

But that's only philosophically... in principle I am an American Hamiltonian Federalist.

And economically I am a proponent of non-capitalist (no banking system, stability policies over inflationary policies) free enterprise and markets and private ownership of the means of production.

So I'm not sure you understand Communism or what a functioning Republic looks like at this stage of your thinking.

Just to be clear. cool2

Last Edited by Least Servant on 10/05/2011 09:53 PM
Least Servant  (OP)

United States
10/05/2011 09:59 PM
Report Abusive Post

Steven Hawkings would make a very poor president and the Nobel prize winning Secretary of Energy we have right now is a total failure...So you cannot use brain power as a measure...

In fact there is no measure...so don't act so pius...you vote for whom you think is going to be able to handle what cannot be known...then you hope when the time comes to make those calls which hold life in the balance that they make the right ones. The fact is no one is going to know until that time comes...you can measure all you want...but you're looking for something which cannot be measured in a president...until after it shows itself...
 Quoting: SHR

Well, I do understand that at a certain time more Marines were heads of Fortune 500 companies than college graduates.

The criterion which would be used in these circumstances would be up to the caucus of the party, but the goal would be to select the most qualified LEADER.

I made sure to be clear in that point, that it wasn't the smartest or the most this or that, but the best leader we are looking for to fill the position.

I would call Vladimir Putin a very qualified leader. Did he have a lot of political experience before stepping into a role as political leader of Russia? I don't think so. Why did the Russians pick, or allow, such a figure? Well, I think it was because they were in a shit pickle and they knew their survival depended upon having their version of Chuck Norris do his thing without the burdens of leery second guessers.

When is that same survival instinct going to kick in for Americans where we say I don't care about the political qualifications of a person, or frankly their personal life, I want the person in the Oval Office who is going to represent my interests as a leader of Americans.

I am stunned we are even at this point in America such a short time after its founding discussing such a basic point of order about this whole process of government.

Last Edited by Least Servant on 10/05/2011 10:01 PM
Least Servant  (OP)

United States
10/05/2011 11:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump