Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,991 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 381,036
Pageviews Today: 604,142Threads Today: 209Posts Today: 3,004
07:35 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

WHY THEY ARE SO INTERESTED IN YU55, EVEN IF IT MISSES US7 THE MOON!

Mushydoll
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 1517671
United States
11/04/2011 12:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
WHY THEY ARE SO INTERESTED IN YU55, EVEN IF IT MISSES US7 THE MOON!
[link to www.urbansurvival.com]

Our interest is piqued by a 1999 article in “The Astronomical Journal, 117:1086, 1999 February” where we find (P.3) that indeed, asteroids do have something to do with planet-sized objects, in this case Mars was being discussed, but pay attention to the highlight:

“Asteroid perturbations are the largest source of incompletely modeled perturbations of the planets, especially Mars and the Earth-Moon barycenter. Williams (1984) shows no less than seven asteroids capable of making periodic perturbations of more than a kilometer in MarsÏs position. The largest asteroid, Ceres, has only 0.13% the mass of Mars and is located within the asteroid belt itself. Hence, it and the other asteroids are much more sensitive to the perturbations of the asteroids than are the planets. Thus, to achieve high accuracy, the physical model for the asteroid ephemerides must include perturbations by other asteroids.”

Hope I'm not breaking any rules my pasting this in here. Just wanting to share info...
JOHN PAUL
User ID: 2813365
United States
11/04/2011 12:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: WHY THEY ARE SO INTERESTED IN YU55, EVEN IF IT MISSES US7 THE MOON!
well my only concern is what effect our gravital pull might have on YU55 and what passs it will take..anybody have any projectories as to were it might pass by earth ..

GLP