User ID: 2857182
United States
11/06/2011 06:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Child Sex charges at Penn State
Child sex charges, possible cover-up rock Penn St
By GENARO C. ARMAS, Associated Press

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) — An explosive sex abuse scandal and possible cover-up rocked Happy Valley after former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky, once considered Joe Paterno's heir apparent, was charged with sexually assaulting eight boys over a 15-year period. Among the allegations was that a graduate assistant saw Sandusky assault a boy in the shower at the Nittany Lions' practice center in 2002.

<snip>

The allegations against Sandusky, who started The Second Mile in 1977, range from sexual advances to touching to oral and anal sex. The young men testified before a state grand jury that they were in their early teens when some of the abuse occurred; there is evidence even younger children may have been victimized.

[link to www.google.com]
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/06/2011 07:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Child Sex charges at Penn State
Oh Penn State - How could you let this happen?

1doh1

At least things are being exposed....
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/06/2011 06:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4747964
United States
11/06/2011 06:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
The first DA on this case disappeared in 2002, was declared dead this past year.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/06/2011 06:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
Was just the lead story on NBC evening news.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/06/2011 06:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
Warning, disturbing:

[link to www.washingtonpost.com]
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/06/2011 07:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.boards2go.com]

I was born and grew up in State College--lived there until I left for college at U of M. Mom, dad and both sisters are PSU grads--I'm the black sheep. In about 1965, as I was leaving for Ann Arbor, JoePa moved into the house directly across the street. My younger sister babysat for his family and was a HS classmate of Tim Curley at State College High. Last Fall, she and her son--who was considering attending PSU--sat in Curley's suite for a home football game. Mike McCreary is also an alum of State High.

These are good people--who just did the wrong thing. It's very hard to understand how it all happened but it did.

You can say a lot about JoePa--nepotism, arrogant, stayed way too long, etc. but the fact is he coached at a very high level for a long, long time and did it without the slightest hint of a scandal. And I doubt there has ever been another football coach who gave $5M to his school's library.

There is a lot of this story yet to come out. There are a lot of other young boys involved. Some big squeezes in SC will be pulled in as someone gave a Cadillac Escalade to the mom of one of the boys who was molested to keep him quiet--the boy wrecked the car. The Second Mile, a charity with a ton of good works that Sandusky founded, is going to be pulled in and investigated.

In 1998, a year before he left, PSU knew that this was going on. I'm told his pay was cut in half to force him out--this to a guy who was probably more responsible than anyone else for PSU's tremendous defenses and success on the field--but he wouldn't quit.

So the next year they forced him out. Joe attended his retirement dinner and spoke for less than a minute--for a guy who had been his key assistant forever.

There is just no way JoePa didn't know. As did Graham Spanier, and a whole lot of others.

But Sandusky was allowed to keep an office at PSU and had keys to many of the sports facilities. Why? Absolutely unbelievable.

I think they just wanted him to go away and hopefully stop abusing kids. But that's not the way this stuff works.

BTW, JoePa is still at PSU as he raises a ton of money annually from the older alums--they love the guy. And PSU wants to be in their wills. Supposedly, Joe has made it very clear that he stops campaigning for $ the minute he is no longer the head coach. And he wants a secure position for his son JayPa and knows he is gone the minute Joe leaves.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/07/2011 01:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
Bah!
How could they all let this sick sh*t go on????

Has the world lost their minds? He should have been arrested the very first time anyone found out about it. At the first hint of it. This crap needs to stop with all the power mongers that abuse innocents - including the Catholic church.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1517542
United States
11/07/2011 01:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
i hate penn state..
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4819782
United States
11/07/2011 01:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
sick fucking pig fucks kill them all
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 6860
United States
11/07/2011 01:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
Was just the lead story on NBC evening news.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 4747964

I believe a lot of coaches are psycopathic pedophiles.Just like cops and politicians.We are over run with psychos.bumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbump
weegie

User ID: 3846170
United Kingdom
11/07/2011 03:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
i hate penn state..
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1517542

Me too. They got beat fair and square in the 1970 Cotton Bowl and that WHINEY Joe Paterno complained that they should STILL be #1. I cheer for anyone who plays against them. Sore losers.

Last Edited by weegie on 11/07/2011 04:37 PM
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/07/2011 06:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
"Jerry and a friend" (found in google images, but the article was removed)

[link to media.scout.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1453100
Canada
11/07/2011 06:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
Warning, disturbing:

[link to www.washingtonpost.com]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 4747964

I read, cannot be unseen- this sick freak, this fucking sick freak...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4829964
United States
11/07/2011 06:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
Looks like it's over for Joe Paterno:

[link to bwi.rivals.com]
MadGame

User ID: 2992481
United States
11/07/2011 06:56 PM

Report Abusive Post
wow this is some crazy shit
What is a LIBTARD You Ask ? - A Retarded Liberal ( AKA 99.9% of all Democrats ) ... And since ALL Liberals are Retarded ... Hence LIBTARD

Pissing Off LIBTARDS since 1988
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4682643
United States
11/07/2011 07:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'm sure shit like this is happening in every city worldwide. If you really love your kid, raise him yourself, don't send him to a public school system or let him be involved in any activity you aren't participating in as well until he's 13 or older and can defend for himself. It amazes me how brainwashed parents are.
cremefraiche

User ID: 4310244
United States
11/07/2011 07:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
wow this is some crazy shit
 Quoting: MadGame

the pedos are selling each other out.

sharks in the food chain
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1517542
United States
11/07/2011 07:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
i hate penn state..
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1517542

Me too. They got beat fair and square in the 1970 Cotton Bowl and that WHINEY Joe Paterno complained that they should STILL be #1. I cheer for anyone who plays against them. Sore losers.
 Quoting: weegie

they honestly feel their shit is gold. student and alum can all go fuck themselves.
okc guy
User ID: 1480059
United States
11/07/2011 07:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
i live in oklahoma so geographically i root for both the sooners and the cowboys. but after fixing myself a vodka and pineapple juice i was actually talking to myself saying shit like "is this for real or am i imagining things?" i never disliked joe'pa but he stood for so much to so many people with his high graduation rate, moral standards etc, etc. but this is the most spiralling downfall of any sports figure i have ever heard of and its just going to get worse. its funny, the allegations at auburn, ohio state and lsu have NOTHING on this shit. its just so hard to believe you loons...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4430941
United States
11/07/2011 07:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
Paterno and the other administrators kept this quiet and didn't go to the police so they wouldnt lose their status, power and that all important alumni cash flow. This is very similar to the priests who were protected by their Catholic bishops. All a bunch of sick monsters. Paterno is guilty of not following through to get this guy off campus from 2002 until now. No excuse. He is lying to the grand jury by saying he didn't know the details. The janitor who was so distaught by what he saw back in 1998. This Sandusky was being protected to keep it quiet and to keep that alumni money coming in! All blood money. Children who were brought in through a charity for disadvantaged children started by this monster. And Sandusky's wife plays a part in these horrible crimes as well!! Children sleeping over many times throughtout the years! And she makes calls to one of the victims around the start of this investigation saying it is important that she speak with him. She needs to be in investigated and charged as well. Hang em high in the public square by their balls!!!
okc guy
United States
11/07/2011 07:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
never even looked into if sandusky was married or not. but think about the shear arrogance of sandusky to have sex with these boys in the locker rooms, showers et al! he had the keys to every sports facility at penn state. yeah...paternos fucked. he fucked up a great legacy.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1107249
United States
11/07/2011 08:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
This story is so big and ugly that something will trump it. This will rock college football unless something else knocks it off the map. This is a paradigm shifter.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
11/07/2011 08:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
never even looked into if sandusky was married or not. but think about the shear arrogance of sandusky to have sex with these boys in the locker rooms, showers et al! he had the keys to every sports facility at penn state. yeah...paternos fucked. he fucked up a great legacy.
 Quoting: okc guy 1480059

Wikipedia says they have 6 adopted children, 5 boys and a girl, and have also fostered many....
okc guy
United States
11/07/2011 08:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
dude, this makes the fracking here look like florence nightingale in heels! this makes the roswell incident look like lunch in the park! i mean WHAT THE FUCK?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4829964
United States
11/07/2011 09:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
Post from:

[link to www.pennlive.com]

How are TOTALLY disingenuous ... what Joe - YOU'RE HONESTLY SAYING YOU DIDN'T ASK Mike what he saw in the shower? You have only 3 possible answers to that question: (1) you didn't WANT to know (2) you didn't CARE to know (3) you're a moron. We know you're not a moron, so that eliminates #3 - and 1 and 2 make you look like an enabling fool.

These are the options you could have done:
1. Call Sandusky to your house - and beat his a$$ - this guy was/is a life-long friend. You didn't think to pick up the phone and say, "what the blank is going on here??!!"
2. Call the authorities yourself - when you want something done, you have no qualms about breaking the chain of command. But alleged child rape? Nahhh...
3. Find out who the victim(s) were and make sure THEY were okay
4. Follow up on what you told your "bosses" (Curley and Schulz)
5. Reach out to officials at Second Mile
6. Launch your own investigation to make sure no one else was impacted by this man
7. Called the university president yourself
8. NOT recommended Sandusky for another coaching job (UVA)

LEGALLY, Joe, you are innocent - you "played by the rules" of law and did the bare minimum. Morally, ethically, and humanity-wise, you FAILED AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL. You enabled an 'allegedly' sick beast to continue his nefarious debasement of young, disadvantaged and therefore vulnerable INNOCENT CHILDREN.

When I come back for Homecoming - yes, I am a PSU grad, met my wife there - do I take pictures of my sons standing next to your statue????????

Yes, you did what you were had to do, but did you do what you were SUPPOSED to do? NOT EVEN A CLOSE CALL ... We thought you were different.
HI.Lander

User ID: 1387820
United States
11/07/2011 09:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
Paterno is so screwed.
I'm finally going to stop drinking for good... I'll now only drink for evil.

Today I broke my personal record for most consecutive days lived.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4887601
United States
11/07/2011 10:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
Paterno is so screwed.
 Quoting: HI.Lander

One would think, nut Paterno owns that town and university like Ben Gazzara owned that town in Road House.
anonymous coward
User ID: 1511304
United States
11/07/2011 10:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
The Pa. guidos have turned it into
"slappy valley"
anonymous coward
User ID: 1511304
United States
11/07/2011 10:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
They better leave Punxatawney Phil ALONE!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2853712
United States
11/07/2011 10:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
"LEGALLY, Joe, you are innocent - you "played by the rules" of law and did the bare minimum. Morally, ethically, and humanity-wise, you FAILED AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL. You enabled an 'allegedly' sick beast to continue his nefarious debasement of young, disadvantaged and therefore vulnerable INNOCENT CHILDREN."

Great post, has even more meaning since it comes from an alum. Hope that other like minded alum follow through with calling for a thorough investigation and for those found to be involved to be removed.

Sadly, I think that before this is all done there may be many more victims and possibly more sickos involved. Sandusky's charity needs to be thoroughly investigated as well as all those involved who had one on one access to these children.

GLP