Attention LED light lovers.......

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2721566
Canada
11/11/2011 10:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Attention LED light lovers.......
Home depot has an awesome deal on a 12 watt, 800 lumen Phillips led bulb (soft white)! Package claims a life expectancy of 22.8 years. Reg price was $39. It is on sale now for only $14.98.

[link to www.homedepot.ca]

For whatever reason their website does not specify this price. As well I don't know if the same deal apples to American customers. It's a great deal though, and on till the end of November. I picked up a couple, then decided to purchase a couple of more, only to learn that they had sold out and that the next truck would be in within a few days. The clerk said that they had sold ten thousand dollars of these led bulbs in a short time (Kelowna store) So they are a hot item....

[link to en.wikipedia.org]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27936133
United States
11/29/2012 02:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Attention LED light lovers.......
If everyone had these in their homes, we would not need coal fired electric plants. They pay for themselves in less than 2 years in saved electricity, and last over 20 years.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2798886
United States
11/29/2012 02:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
Something interesting....

I have a solar type fan that fits into the car door to cool the interior. I bought it into the house and put it under a regular light bulb. It ran... I changed the bulb to the "corkscrew" efficient bulb. IT DID NOT RUN. what wavelength of light are these things putting out?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23182389
United States
11/29/2012 02:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
Home depot has an awesome deal on a 12 watt, 800 lumen Phillips led bulb (soft white)! Package claims a life expectancy of 22.8 years. Reg price was $39. It is on sale now for only $14.98.

[link to www.homedepot.ca]

For whatever reason their website does not specify this price. As well I don't know if the same deal apples to American customers. It's a great deal though, and on till the end of November. I picked up a couple, then decided to purchase a couple of more, only to learn that they had sold out and that the next truck would be in within a few days. The clerk said that they had sold ten thousand dollars of these led bulbs in a short time (Kelowna store) So they are a hot item....

[link to en.wikipedia.org]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 2721566

22 years? That's a long time. Will you even be around when it finally burns out?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23820933
United States
11/29/2012 02:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.homedepot.com]
bill shitters 1.2

User ID: 19820209
United Kingdom
11/29/2012 03:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
The tech. Poop on the lamps

[link to en.m.wikipedia.org]
The retired thread killer

Still the killa of threads

we come in peace shoot to kill
[link to au.youtube.com]

I can not talk TO aliens but do listen to the anally probed
Anubis

User ID: 4949345
Canada
11/29/2012 03:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
whats the point? our lightbulbs only need to last less than 4 more weeks?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28147705
United States
11/29/2012 03:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
Something interesting....

I have a solar type fan that fits into the car door to cool the interior. I bought it into the house and put it under a regular light bulb. It ran... I changed the bulb to the "corkscrew" efficient bulb. IT DID NOT RUN. what wavelength of light are these things putting out?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 2798886

the second lamp is fluorescent. solar works by absorbing energy emitted by the heat of the light source. an incandescent bulb is heating that tungsten filament white hot, so there is a huge amount of heat "noise" in that white light. fluorescent is a very cool blue light made by exciting a gas with electricity to a point of over-saturation of the capacity of the valence electrons. it only appears white because of coatings inside the tube. it's the equivalent of the halo light one sees from a tesla coil. it's what gives them their efficiency, but it also renders them "black" as far as a solar cell is concerned.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/29/2012 03:24 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: bill shitters 1.2

LEDs are NOT fluorescent lamps (nor are they incandescent). the article is also flawed because it has been more than a few years since mercury was outlawed for use in fluorescents. if the bulb has the green cap, or green stripe adjacent to the cap, it is a modern non-mercuric lamp.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1249869
United States
11/29/2012 03:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
Just another way the gobmint controls even the lights we want and use. L.E.D lights are fine and dandy on Christmas trees and r/c toys but if you want true find the mj nug you dropped on the ground or that tiny screw from your ray ban glasses? Nothing beats the illumination from a good ole incandescent light bulb and we should have that fucking choice when it comes to that. If you want l.e.d buy it but I want the choice of choosing for fuck sake!!peace
bill shitters 1.2

User ID: 19820209
United Kingdom
11/29/2012 04:01 PM
Report Abusive Post

LEDs are NOT fluorescent lamps (nor are they incandescent). the article is also flawed because it has been more than a few years since mercury was outlawed for use in fluorescents. if the bulb has the green cap, or green stripe adjacent to the cap, it is a modern non-mercuric lamp.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28147705

The chap was asking about wavelenghts emitted by the flooresent lamps
The retired thread killer

Still the killa of threads

we come in peace shoot to kill
[link to au.youtube.com]

I can not talk TO aliens but do listen to the anally probed
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/29/2012 04:04 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28147705

The chap was asking about wavelenghts emitted by the flooresent lamps

ahhh, ok. i wasnt clear on it being a response to the fluorescent question. in the words of dear departed gilda radner "never mind"...lol

GLP