Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,098 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 250,771
Pageviews Today: 404,500Threads Today: 125Posts Today: 2,417
05:20 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Can the actions of the present change the reality of the past?

John Goz
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 5575962
United States
11/21/2011 05:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Can the actions of the present change the reality of the past?
s a spiritual searcher I have noticed a new phenomenon. As my mind swims in the direction intent guides I find at the moment Iv´e thought there nothing more to find I see knowledge appear I thought not previously there. This brings up the question again of time lines. Can a collective wish change present reality? Anyone else hold knowledge of this sort.
Time is a strange unknowable thing. Or so it appears. In regards to technology of time where do we stand?
Retrocausality says this is possible.

Retrocausality, Time Travel, and Quantum Physics

March 14, 2007 – 4:52pm — bexIf that title didn’t bore the pants off of you, then the rest of this blog will!

The San Francisco Gate recently published an amazing article on retrocausality, which is the idea that things we do in the present go backwards in time to affect the past.

Naturally, many scientists think its silly to think you can go back in time: that would require something to go faster than the speed of light.

Plus, what about causality? Say I got my hair cut today. Then say I went back in time to yesterday to burn down my barber’s place (no offense Scott, its just an illustration). Would my hair instantly grow back?

In general, this debate is between Einstein and his General Relativity fans, and the Quantum Physics fans. The former say time travel and faster-than-light travel is impossible, because that leads to incredibly weird paradoxes and a breakdown of causality.

The Quantum Physics folks basically reply, “Boo hoo! We’ve been dealing with incredibly weird paradoxes and a breakdown of causality for a hundred years… AND we’ve invented the laser, the computer, and superconductivity. What do you got?”

As you may have guessed, I side with the latter camp…

I am glad to read about a fearless quantum physics geek who may actually be able to prove time travel on a small scale is possible.

Boring physics experiments aside, the article goes into detail about the possibility that there is nothing strange at all about retrocausality. Quite possibly, time travel happens every day in small ways, and we are just not aware of it.

My hero, Richard Feynman, famously noted that a positron behaves exactly like an electron traveling backwards in time. Others have expanded on his observation with very interesting results. Perhaps these particles even go back in time all the way to the big bang, to affect the fundamental nature of our universe!

[link to bexhuff.com]

Have others noticed the more we move to the belief in 2012 the more things are happening? The more you focus the more ancient history information seems to be materializing. The whole ancient aliens thing.

[link to goz48.wordpress.com]
We are all No bodies until someone recognizes us as Some bodies.
John Goz  (OP)

United States
11/21/2011 05:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Can the actions of the present change the reality of the past?
What about the eggs at Princeton telling of something before it occurs?
John Goz  (OP)

United States
11/21/2011 06:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
What are some of the things appearing you can't remember being there in past?

Here is an example. The more we go along the more things like this seem to become more evident.

1o years ago I would look and do remember seeing this one. Did I overlook it, or well hmmmmmmmmmm

[link to paranormal.about.com]
John Goz  (OP)

United States
11/21/2011 06:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
And another.

It's like that movie.

A sound of thunder.

[link to paranormal.about.com]
John Goz  (OP)

United States
11/21/2011 06:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Anyone?
John Goz  (OP)

United States
11/21/2011 06:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
Listen to this. A serious scientist talking about can time be reversed.

[link to news.bbc.co.uk]

All because of the new discovery with neutrinos being faster then speed of light.

hmmmmmm
MissLilly

User ID: 3680163
Norway
11/21/2011 07:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
I haven't read you links yet, but since you brought it up, I must say I find it quite interesting.

I sometimes have what I call "moments of clarity", where simply put, my present day thought connect to a past thought.
It's not the same as remembering. It feels completely different, like I am at two places at once, but just for a split second, and I know what I thought and understood in both moments, and I can then remember having this "moment of clarity" in the past (the moment I hook up with myself in past/present/future, which it would be then for my past.

Does that make sense? Would that be something along the lines of what this subject you bring up revolves around?
Just because we are alive does not mean we know how to live.
John Goz  (OP)

United States
11/21/2011 07:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
cool
you!
User ID: 5813903
United Kingdom
11/21/2011 07:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
absolutely
our reality is a fractal
time is so finite you cant find it and we are observing it all in our head, and we're on auto replay everything is now and we just select different points to observe the past is now too so everything is all connected so intricately its all the same thing.
change whatever you want, but not sure whether you can 'reep' the gains this time round, just an option 'next' time lol

Have A Nice Day

:o]
John Goz  (OP)

United States
11/21/2011 07:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
Time can not be measured s a moment but only as a slice of a moment. To much movement occurring in an instance.
John Goz  (OP)

United States
11/21/2011 08:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
JATMON

User ID: 4837907
United States
11/21/2011 08:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
If you can figure out how actions of the present can bring back a lost love of the past, let me know.
Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid,
it is true that most stupid people are conservative.

John Stuart Mill
It's much harder to be a liberal than a conservative. Why?
Because it is easier to give someone the finger than a helping hand.
Mike Royko
John Goz  (OP)

United States
11/21/2011 09:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
If you can figure out how actions of the present can bring back a lost love of the past, let me know.
 Quoting: JATMON

Tough one. It's all what you hold onto. Been there before.

You'll find that love when your ready.
Captain Planet Alex

User ID: 13872506
United States
04/07/2012 07:22 AM
Report Abusive Post
Yes. During altered states of consciousness one can effect presentation of videos which were recorded in the past. I've experienced this with Ananda M Bosman and Thomas Campbell lectures.
The Divinity in me bows to the Divinity in you... In other words, Namaste In lak'ech GLPeers!
God is the Captain Of My Soul. -alex
[link to newworldilluminists.com]
Levski

User ID: 318585
Bulgaria
04/07/2012 08:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
What past?
Show me that past?
There is only the moment of Now.
Past and future are illusion
Noah was a conspiracy theorist too, until it started raining.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13929662
Australia
04/07/2012 08:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
OMG! H5N1 super virus recipe DELIBERATELY revealed to the public...

Thread: OMG! H5N1 super virus recipe DELIBERATELY revealed to the public...The perfect terrorist FALSE FLAG!
Pjones
User ID: 12168657
Canada
04/07/2012 08:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
Retrocausality is undeniable. I wrote a post a while back about the concept of using it for faster interplanetary communication, by treating the quantum states as binary, particle = 1, wave = 0.

You would have an array of beams firing at a colony on Mars for example. On the earth end, you do not attempt to detect or determine the quantum state. On the Mars end, they would use detectors on specific beams in the grid to flag them as particles or waves, creating a binary message.

Back on Earth, we would simply wait the required time for the beams to have arrived on Mars, and then we active *our* detectors, allowing us to instantaneously see the message sent from Mars.

The only 'travel time' the message requires is the length of time it takes to raw beam to reach Mars.

With a continuous beam, checking at specific intervals, we would have instantaneous communication with any outpost.
Wingedlion

User ID: 13940593
United States
04/07/2012 08:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
There have been experiments in time travel for several decades now. Those projects are still considered extreme top secret, mainly because of the sensitive nature of those projects, but time travel is being done, which caused multiple time lines, which will converge to a single point and "fix" itself and the paradoxes that are currently being observed in Dec.21, 2012. Changes can only occur on a micro level, only small variances are detected. We are currently living in the past, and our future has already happened. This is the big secret. Also what is being hailed as "alien" technology, is actually technology that has been retrieved through time travel.
"Glory is what happens when faith overcomes adversity."
Scubaseven2

User ID: 13886609
Australia
04/07/2012 08:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
which is the idea that things we do in the present go backwards in time to affect the past.

Naturally, many scientists think its silly to think you can go back in time: that would require something to go faster than the speed of light.

Quoting: John Goz

As another poster already said, time is in our heads. Least what happened in the past is in our heads. So what you do now can change the past because this reality is also in our heads.

ie alpha males/illusions etc.

Time is not a real thing, so no matter how fast you travel, how can you go backwards in it?

You cannot actually go back to a point in "time". Least not using our current understanding or physics.
Do not take memories of what happened yesterday, into what might happen today.

When love is your greatest weakness, you will be the strongest person in the world.
Scubaseven2

User ID: 13886609
Australia
04/07/2012 08:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
What past?
Show me that past?
 Quoting: Levski

Now is an illusion, that is why it is possible to change the illusions of the past, and alter possible futures.
Do not take memories of what happened yesterday, into what might happen today.

When love is your greatest weakness, you will be the strongest person in the world.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 3102986
Canada
04/07/2012 09:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
haha youre asking like it matters

dont cry over spilled milk
seeker2

User ID: 10843421
Thailand
04/07/2012 09:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
What past?
Show me that past?

Now is an illusion, that is why it is possible to change the illusions of the past, and alter possible futures.
 Quoting: Scubaseven2

Now is an illusion only in the sense that it is transitory.

The only thing you can change about the past is the concept of it that you hold in your mind, body, and emotional nature. The events will always remain the same, but your perception of the event can change. sk
IRQ_1

User ID: 1157608
United States
04/07/2012 09:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
If you include multi verse theory into it then yes. More appropriately your changing the links to a different history based upon emotional connections.

Interesting thread.
Jack of all trades master of none
"shall not be infringed."
BLUE RIBBON AWARNESS FOR MENS' HEALTH
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. --ISAAC ASIMOV
I never 'Ad hominem' I don't need to.
The Constitution means everything or nothing. You can't have both.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12970540
United States
04/07/2012 09:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
Bullshit thread. You fools don't know jack about science and are just pulling shit out of your ass.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9673535
United Kingdom
04/07/2012 09:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
If you'd asked me this before 2001, I'd have said "no". But events over the past 11 years have made me wonder whether someone has been meddling with the past, changing it in subtle ways.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13740674
United States
04/07/2012 09:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
Since time is an illusion, I would say yes, actions in the present can affect the past, but We humans are too stupid to understand how non-time works.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13827959
United States
04/07/2012 10:23 AM
Report Abusive Post
Yes. it is called karma clearning and as people clear their own past records so does the past planetary records change too. it does not re write time, it just writes over the old records. Nature makes a copy of EVERYTHING and you ones called Akashic records.. You have your personal records plus the planet maintains the whole. When you rewrite your own record the change is also recorded in the planetary record.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10976438
United States
04/07/2012 10:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
History can be rewritten, and often is, but the past cannot be changed in any way.

If you could change the past, you would also change the present and the future.

BUT... it's impossible.

With insight and foreknowledge along with information and intel gathering networks (intelligence communities) the FUTURE can be changed, and potential events (good or bad) avoided.

That is as close to altering a timeline as we humans can get.

Everything else is just fantasy.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13894087
United States
04/07/2012 10:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
standing at a certain point in time the human brain computer can access any point in time past ,present, future. i have experienced the future before it happened, thru my dreams i was seeing a tradgedy unfold , one that would effect me very hard .it happened in 1980 , and i knew a week before it was going to happen, this was enough evidence for me that we are able to see events before they occur. it was a lesson and it opened my eyes to the fact that we as humans are capable of many things , yet undiscoverd.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13827959
United States
04/07/2012 10:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
What past?
Show me that past?

Quoting: Scubaseven2

Now is an illusion only in the sense that it is transitory.

The only thing you can change about the past is the concept of it that you hold in your mind, body, and emotional nature. The events will always remain the same, but your perception of the event can change. sk
 Quoting: seeker2

absolutely INCORRECT Seeker. Please read my post above.
Balthuuu

User ID: 3570928
Finland
04/07/2012 10:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
carbump
Love is not the game, life is.
-
When we wake up in this "reality" every morning, we are actually falling asleep, because only in our dreams we are truly awake.
-
We are not our body, nor our mind. We are not the voice in our body, nor our head. We are the the here and now, experiencing without any input from either of the mentioned above.
-
It's not about others forgiving you, but whether you can forgive yourself.
-
It doesn't take much energy to make the wrong decision. But to make the right one, you have to put every fiber of your being to it.
-
I know i have a lot to work on. But knowing that there's no hairy ass man in the clouds to judge me when I have little bit of fun on the expense of someone elses ignorance, makes life a whole lot easier.

GLP