Offer Upgrade

User ID: 1149307
United States
12/04/2011 11:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Denmark is on Verge of Icelandic Style Crash
[link to www.valuewalk.com]

...the breakdown of the situation outlines why shorting Danske Bank at this point is an absolute no brainer. For example, even if one assumes a fairy tale ending in Europe (which is almost impossible) Danske should still be toast given any reversion to the mean in the Danish/Copenhagen housing market, which is a near certainty in my mind. If Europe gets out of hand and the cost of wholesale funding goes up (or away altogether) then Danske is a zero even quicker. The letter notes that Denmark’s banking assets-to-GDP is 454%!!!

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5856261
Denmark
12/05/2011 06:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Denmark is on Verge of Icelandic Style Crash
[link to www.dfsa.dk]

Major Danish banks show strong resilience in EU stress test
The four Danish banks participating in the EU-wide stress test all show strong resilience toward adverse changes in the macroeconomic conditions. Danske Bank, Jyske Bank, Nykredit and Sydbank come out of the stress test with Core Tier 1 capital ratios in the range 9.4-13.6 per cent, well above the stress test's minimum ratio of 5 per cent.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2975978
Netherlands
12/05/2011 06:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.valuewalk.com]

...the breakdown of the situation outlines why shorting Danske Bank at this point is an absolute no brainer. For example, even if one assumes a fairy tale ending in Europe (which is almost impossible) Danske should still be toast given any reversion to the mean in the Danish/Copenhagen housing market, which is a near certainty in my mind. If Europe gets out of hand and the cost of wholesale funding goes up (or away altogether) then Danske is a zero even quicker. The letter notes that Denmark’s banking assets-to-GDP is 454%!!!

Quoting: XXXX

Hmmm thought the Netherlands were in a predicable situation in that regard...

[link to www.theatlantic.com]

But it does indeed appear that Denmark is off marginally worse.
Ostria1

User ID: 5778426
Greece
12/05/2011 07:07 AM

Report Abusive Post
Only the butter shortage can bring doom to Denmark!

ohyeah
Ostria
Possum

User ID: 6495482
Australia
12/05/2011 07:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
Only the butter shortage can bring doom to Denmark!

ohyeah
 Quoting: Ostria1

And when kids stop playing with Lego!
There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness.
Dalai Lama
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either.
Albert Einstein
The kingdom of God is within you and all around you. It is not within buildings of wood or stone. Split a piece of wood and you will find me. Look beneath a stone and I am there.
Stigmata