Iraq an economic Study

seeker2  (OP)

User ID: 7040108
Thailand
12/13/2011 12:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Iraq an economic Study
Hi Calin, looks like dropping the zero's is back in the news.

Thanks for posting. sk
calin

User ID: 1350324
United States
12/13/2011 09:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
Statement by IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde on Iraq
[link to www.imf.org]
When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.
THE SECOND AGREEMENT: "Don't take anything personally. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering." ~ Don Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements
calin

User ID: 1651600
United States
12/14/2011 09:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
HEADLINES

Iraq Elected as New OPEC President
Mutlaq, asking the UN to help Iraq establish a real democracy
Ashour calls UN to intensify its role in Iraq after U.S. representation
Obama to Mark End of Iraq War With Speech to Troops
Economic Committee considering the possibility of parliamentary delete zeros from currency
Ban Ki-moon: Iraq meeting its obligations to Kuwait enhances exit from Chapter VII
IMF Press Release on Iraq
Iraq Expects To Be Given OPEC Presidency In 2012 – Oil Min
CBI Daily Currency Auction Dec 14, 2011: $144 million
MP Nassif: “Iraq today complete sovereignty; Iraq should ask UNSC to appeal demarcation decision with Kuwait
U.S. Defense Secretary arrives in Baghdad for the festivities involved the withdrawal of troops from Iraq
Iraqi lawmakers are concerned Iraq has yet to be removed from Chapter VII
U.S. Defense Secretary Arrives in Baghdad
Member of the Economic Commission: the formation of a parliamentary committee and ministerial strategy to develop a plan to develop the Iraqi economy
Obama: «new chapter» in relations with Iraq
Maliki addressed an open invitation for U.S. companies
Prime Minister Nuri Kamal al-Maliki: Iraq is making strides and is confident in its relations with the countries of the world
[link to thecurrencynewshound.com]
THE SECOND AGREEMENT: "Don't take anything personally. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering." ~ Don Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements
calin

United States
12/14/2011 09:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
The US victory in Iraq
Achievements to be proud of

Last Updated: 12:54 AM, December 14, 2011

Read more: [link to www.nypost.com]

None of the “terrible things’ that opponents of the liberation of Iraq predicted has happened:

* US troops are leaving in an orderly fashion and in accordance with the timetable fixed by the Bush administration.

* The Americans are not fleeing Iraqi mobs. In fact, many Iraqis, perhaps a majority, wanted the US to maintain a military presence. It didn’t happen because Obama wants to pander to his original base, groups that opposed the liberation of Iraq.

* Iraq has not been divided, as Biden and his friends once suggested, into several mini-states.

* Nor is it a scene of chaos as candidate Obama predicted. Paradoxically, Iraq seems to be the most stable of Arab countries as they are all shaken by revolts of various dimensions.

* Iraq has not been plunged into poverty and starvation. According to the International Monetary Fund, it has the fastest growth rate in the Mideast. The Iraqi dinar is the strongest of the oil currencies.

* The claim that America invaded to “steal” Iraq’s oil has been exposed as the lie it was. In fact, Iraqi officials complain of US oil companies’ reluctance to bid for contracts. In contrast, Baghdad has signed dozens of contracts with oil companies from 40 other countries, including Russia, China, France and India.

* Another lie, propagated by professional anti-Americans, was that the US wanted to turn Iraq into a military base, perhaps for invading Iran. That lie has been replaced with another: Iran filling the vacuum left by Americans. But if the wealthy superpower couldn’t bear the cost of controlling Iraq, how can Iran, a poor and smaller power, do the trick

50% rule
seeker2  (OP)

User ID: 7040108
Thailand
12/14/2011 09:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks for the headlines

Looks like chapter 7 is still lingering as the thorn in our side. But not for long I hope. I'm thinking most everything should be ready to go by the 20th when the troops leave. Heres hoping we have a very merry Christmas. Yahoo. sk
calin

United States
12/14/2011 10:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks for the headlines

Looks like chapter 7 is still lingering as the thorn in our side. But not for long I hope. I'm thinking most everything should be ready to go by the 20th when the troops leave. Heres hoping we have a very merry Christmas. Yahoo. sk
 Quoting: seeker2

Before you go off to bed, here is a chat from bond Lady you might want to check out...

1 BondLady chat featuring Proteus from Revalue.us @ BLC 12/13/11

Read more: [link to dinarvets.com]
seeker2  (OP)

User ID: 7105128
Thailand
12/14/2011 10:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks for the headlines

Before you go off to bed, here is a chat from bond Lady you might want to check out...

Quoting: calin

Thanks, I'll check it out. Still got an hr before I totter off to bed. sk
seeker2  (OP)

User ID: 7105128
Thailand
12/14/2011 11:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks for the headlines

Interesting chat. Question is does anybody really know. But I will go with things kicking off the first of the years. sk
calin

United States
12/14/2011 11:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks for the headlines

Interesting chat. Question is does anybody really know. But I will go with things kicking off the first of the years. sk

makes two of us ;)
calin

United States
12/14/2011 11:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
Adams Official Chat 12/14/11
[link to dinarvets.com]
Generation Doom

User ID: 7141670
United States
12/15/2011 02:18 AM

Report Abusive Post
[link to www.iraqinews.com]

Not very detailed, but it's something.

Last Edited by GLP Effect on 12/15/2011 02:19 AM
Pray this prayer to blind Satan:
[link to flameoflove.us (secure)]
seeker2  (OP)

User ID: 7132363
Thailand
12/15/2011 05:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
Adams Official Chat 12/14/11
[link to dinarvets.com]

Well after ready Montana's chat, I must say I'm not all that impressed with his commentary. Seems like he does a lot of plugging of his products. His RV of .10 to the dollars, makes sense on one level but totally lacks leg on another. From a purely business perspective maybe, but taking into consideration that most know the value of the iraqi dinar is worth more would bring in a host of speculators with big money and ran sack the economy of Iraq. sk
Generation Doom

User ID: 2729313
United States
12/15/2011 06:38 AM

Report Abusive Post
A few thousand troops are left in Iraq now (6,000). They'll all be out by Dec. 31st, just saw it on MSM.
Pray this prayer to blind Satan:
[link to flameoflove.us (secure)]
seeker2  (OP)

Thailand
12/15/2011 06:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.iraqinews.com]

Not very detailed, but it's something.
 Quoting: Generation Doom

Thanks for the post. It at least shows that the subject is being debated. That I take as a good sign.sk
seeker2  (OP)

Thailand
12/15/2011 06:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
A few thousand troops are left in Iraq now (6,000). They'll all be out by Dec. 31st, just saw it on MSM.
 Quoting: Generation Doom

Cool, that is a very good sign. Troops, sovereignty, release form chapter seven and the final a revalue of the monetary system in Iraq. Yahoo. Great news for Iraqi investors. sk
calin

United States
12/15/2011 09:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
Headlines:

UNSC Daily Agenda Dec 15, 2011: Iraq-Kuwait Relations
Iraq says he will not pay the debt this year, the Egyptian
Judicial Council and the (UNAMI) launch a campaign to raise awareness about the judicial system
Sharp differences between Shabibi and General Bank Managers
Maliki: Iraq emerging economic environment is strong
IBN: Iraq is Open, and the Opportunities are Unlimited
Maliki Arrives in the capital Baghdad after the conclusion of an official visit to the United States
Iraq House of Representatives vote electronically to six draft laws
CBS News: U.S. officially shuts down war in Iraq
Ministry of Finance T-Bill Auction Dec 12 2011
CBI Daily Currency Auction Dec 15, 2011: $142 million
calin

United States
12/15/2011 12:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
Posted Today, 09:51 AM
12-15-2011 Guru Adam Montana Iraq has a TON of OIL and NATURAL GAS, which makes them VALUABLE...the HCL needs to be resolved in order for Iraq to have full control of that VALUE and function as a business...once that VALUE is under the full control of Iraq, they can raise the value of their currency and back it up with their reserves...It is REALLY that simple. Once the HCL is resolved, Iraq will have the means to back a stronger currency, until that happens, they do not have the means to back it therefore it is next to impossible to see a change in rate before the HCL is resolved.

calin

United States
12/15/2011 09:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ch.VII dose not effect there currency from life long friend of my father

Posted Today, 08:27 PM
Talked to a life long friend of my father today .He is a Rep. for texas and a Lawyer specializing in congressional law. He said that chVII has nothing to do with Iraqis currency .He said that Iraq is a sovereign state and they

could have RI the currency before now and where suppose to already . that this is just the UN positioning for power to go in and out at will . he thinks along the same lines as I do as well as Adam the the sound banking

practice would bee to RI at a low rate ,bring in the big bills and then set the program rate and peg . But that this was Iraq a Arib country and that it is all about stature in the ME. so it may be possible that they release at

a high rate . but he could not see 3+dollars for a long time .he told me there is a lot going on in the world right now behind the scenes ,that most people just can't fathom and that Texas businesses have been waiting for

this as well ..even though there are a few oil contracts out there there is some big ones coming . even the port contract can't be instated till the have a higher rate and that this was one of the big hold up .American

compony is to do a lot of it. so he and I think it is on its way as we speak .

main pont dont worry about ch. VII has nothing to do with the RV.

calin

United States
12/15/2011 09:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
UN Security Council Press Statements- June 22nd & Dec.15th Identical Something is amist Watson

Posted Today, 08:24 PM
Ok, something is definitely up!

Here is the Press Statement released by the UN Security Council today, December 15, 2011

[link to www.un.org]

and here is the Press Statement released by the UN Security Council on June 22, 2011

[link to www.un.org]

Read them side-by-side! Other than a new person being in charge and other than today's meeting being a briefing on the thirty-second report and June's meeting being a briefing on the thirty-first report, the two statements are IDENTICAL! As in WORD-FOR-WORD!

Six months of progress and they issue an IDENTICAL, WORD-FOR-WORD statement!

What are they covering up? Have sanctions been lifted but not announced?
By Eagle Has Landed

seeker2  (OP)

User ID: 7203561
Thailand
12/16/2011 12:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
Its seems like I remember the old IQD team playing a audio of the UN saying Iraq was a sovereign country about 4 months ago.... so like the eagle has landed says.... whats up. sk
calin

United States
12/16/2011 08:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
Found this on DV. So unless the Chap 7 is resolved, no tradeable currency?

It can RV in Chapter 7 but it would not be in the best interests of Iraq to do so. Under Chapter 7, the IQD will still be a non tradeable currency not accepted by the world community. If it did RV then it would end up costing Iraqi more to pay it's obligations. Kinda like cashing in your bonds before maturity.

seeker2  (OP)

User ID: 7211925
Thailand
12/16/2011 10:04 AM
Report Abusive Post

It can RV in Chapter 7 but it would not be in the best interests of Iraq to do so. Under Chapter 7, the IQD will still be a non tradeable currency not accepted by the world community. If it did RV then it would end up costing Iraqi more to pay it's obligations. Kinda like cashing in your bonds before maturity.

Not sure how this poster came to the conclusion that an rV would cost Iraq more to pay its obligations. Makes no sense to me. sk
calin

United States
12/16/2011 10:22 AM
Report Abusive Post

Not sure how this poster came to the conclusion that an rV would cost Iraq more to pay its obligations. Makes no sense to me. sk

So, if it is not tradeable, would there be any currency changes?
calin

United States
12/16/2011 10:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
Headlines

Kuwait News: UNSC urges Iraq to do more to resolve remaining issues with Kuwait
Vietnam currency continues to slide against dollar
Maliki: Iraq will provide security to protect U.S. companies invested exclusively
NATO assesses tomorrow the closing ceremony of the training mission in Iraq
Director of the Industrial Bank: out of Iraq from Chapter VII gives the financial sector to deal with the international banks
Director of the Association of private banks: next year will see significant growth of the Iraqi banks
Sudden decrease in the rate of the dinar against the dollar is concerned about the Iraqi market
UNSC Press Conference: UNSC on Iraq-Kuwait
Washington pledges to continue supporting Iraq
CBI: The regional situation in and behind the slight increase in dollars
seeker2  (OP)

Thailand
12/16/2011 11:11 AM
Report Abusive Post

So, if it is not tradeable, would there be any currency changes?

Not sure what he means by trade-able. Did you buy some. Is the dinar listed on forex sites. hmmmm. Banks in the Us have been buying and selling. So it seems the whole post doesn't make much sense. sk

Last Edited by seeker2 on 12/16/2011 12:30 PM
calin

United States
12/17/2011 10:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
Headlines:

CBI says important for Iraqi parliament to be convinced to deleted 3 zeroes from the dinar
CBI announces its developing technology to ease electronic banking with international banks
British and US encourage efforts to investment in Iraq after the withdrawal
Economist Opinion: Decline in IQD against USD is not connected with the U.S. withdrawal; Blames global crisis
MP Nassif accuses Kuwait of intentionally keeping Iraq under Chapter VII under the pretext of the existence of Kuwaitis missing in Iraq
Uncertainty of the region impacts the value of the dinar against the dollar
Ministry of Finance refuses to apply the Commission’s decision to support the economic sector, the private banks
CBI announces the “national key” to facilitate the payment system and instruments in Iraq
Marketwatch: Iraq needs investment, the sustainable kind
Mullah: Iraq List calls for a dialogue table of all political parties to get to the results to resolve the political crisis
Source: Maliki will present an initiative to resolve all the political crises
Kurdistan Region delegation meet members of the U.S. Senate Senator Joseph Lieberman and John McCain
Kurdistan Region delegation meets with members of Congress and the Committee on Foreign Affairs of the U.S. House of Representatives
Kuwaiti Port of Mubarak more than 20% complete
Economists: Private banks do not support the banking activity for the entrenched idea of embezzlement of citizens
Iraqi House of Representatives resumes today
Editorial: Obama pursuing Maliki as a strategic player in middle east policy
calin

United States
12/17/2011 11:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
Economic Commission not to adopt the draft of the new currency provided by the Central Bank of Iraq to delete the zeros and issuing forms for the new

17-12-2011 | (Voice of Iraq) -
Add a comment - Sumerian News / Baghdad

In another context, the Secretary of Finance "to replace the current Iraqi currency with new ones during the next two years because of the Economic Commission not to adopt the draft of the new currency provided by the Central Bank of Iraq to delete the zeros and issuing forms for the new currency."

seeker2  (OP)

Thailand
12/17/2011 11:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
Economic Commission not to adopt the draft of the new currency provided by the Central Bank of Iraq to delete the zeros and issuing forms for the new

In another context, the Secretary of Finance "to replace the current Iraqi currency with new ones during the next two years because of the Economic Commission not to adopt the draft of the new currency provided by the Central Bank of Iraq to delete the zeros and issuing forms for the new currency."

Some interesting comments on the thread. Most are seeing this as a positive events. Interesting. sk
calin

United States
12/18/2011 12:14 AM
Report Abusive Post

Some interesting comments on the thread. Most are seeing this as a positive events. Interesting. sk

yes.

I can't tell if they want some smaller denominations issued or if they dumped the whole package CBI submitted.
seeker2  (OP)

Thailand
12/18/2011 01:28 AM
Report Abusive Post

yes.

I can't tell if they want some smaller denominations issued or if they dumped the whole package CBI submitted.

Could all be just BS. From what I understand Kawait claimed the day before the RV they had no intention of RVing. I don't see how issuing smaller denoms would even be an option without an RV as they would basically be worthless. sk

GLP