Iraq an economic Study

ReVbo™

User ID: 16860056
United States
10/15/2012 10:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Iraq an economic Study
Quick no-link update... They've issued an arrest warrant for Shabibi, for corruption and money laundering, while he's been in Japan at a summit of all the world's central bankers. Shabibi has responded by saying he has a document signed by Maliki wherein Shabibi agreed to keep a few of Maliki's goons at the CBI. Speculation is that Maliki's boys were the ones doing the money laundering. Should be fun to watch. Shit is definitely hitting the fan in Baghdad.

popcorn
John 8:32

And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
calin

User ID: 14023715
United States
10/15/2012 10:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
Quick no-link update... They've issued an arrest warrant for Shabibi, for corruption and money laundering, while he's been in Japan at a summit of all the world's central bankers. Shabibi has responded by saying he has a document signed by Maliki wherein Shabibi agreed to keep a few of Maliki's goons at the CBI. Speculation is that Maliki's boys were the ones doing the money laundering. Should be fun to watch. Shit is definitely hitting the fan in Baghdad.

popcorn
 Quoting: ReVbo™

Yes indeed
When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.
THE SECOND AGREEMENT: "Don't take anything personally. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering." ~ Don Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements
ReVbo™

United States
10/15/2012 04:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
Check it out, y'all! I just made Dinar Recaps. rolleyes Woohoo! Guru ReVbo, playing with the big boys. They mangled my punctuation, though, so I'm going to doctor this back up to how it should have been in the first place.

[link to www.dinarrecaps.com]

10-15-12 Revbo: The World Bank is interested exceptional developments and action is unprecedented and unexpected against Iraqi Central Bank Governor and governor Shabibi.

Sounds like the World Bank is kinda throwing Shabs under the bus.

If I'm reading this right, they're saying something like, "We like Shabibi and don't think anything will come of this, but if you're gonna throw him in jail, we want one of our guys in his place."

I expected something more like, "The charges against Shabibi are political in nature and without merit. The World Bank demands they be dropped, and Governor Shabibi be allowed to continue his work unimpeded."

As others have said, Shabibi seems to be waiting for the perfect time to push the button, and there isn't going to be a perfect time until well after the world economy is trashed even more than it already is.

*Maybe the lackluster defense is the World Bank's way of saying it's time for Shabibi to make something happen, or they're gonna toss him overboard.

*Added because the previous paragraph doesn't really make sense with the rest of the post, as it was from a different post.

Last Edited by Revbo™ on 10/15/2012 04:12 PM

ReVbo™

United States
10/15/2012 04:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
Does anyone know what 8Ball is talking about here? I heard about the 2% to Kuwait, but how do payments to Kuwait relate to "full auto?"

10-15-2012 Newshound Guru 8Ball Article: "Urgent .. the issuance of an arrest warrant against Iraqi Central Bank Governor" The CBI may just about to do it's job and of course this is Iraq ...they don't like losing the control...CBI is a private company the only way they can stop them is to arrest him...this could also be just media entertainment...we'll see. The way to think of this if they are doing this its to block Shabibi from doing something...after the 2% giveback from Kuwait I think things maybe in full auto.

Read more: [link to www.dinarguru.com]

Oh, and Med says it's going down on Wednesday, btw. rolleyes

10-15-2012 Newshound Guru Med [ramesh: so we mit see RV by 17 th of this month] HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT THE 17TH...I ONLY THOUGHT I KNEW THAT. I NEVER DISCUSSED IT WITH ANYONE. I ONLY WAS WATCHING FOR IT...I HAVE KNOWN ABOUT IT FOR ABOUT 2 WKS IN A PHONE CONFERENCE I HAD ON THE QT. I GAVE MY WORD. I DIDNT WANT TO KEEP IT FROM ANYONE BUT I HONESTLY DIDNT KNOW HOW TO EXPLAIN IT WITHOUT TELLING HOW I GOT IT. [post 2 of 2]

Last Edited by Revbo™ on 10/15/2012 04:36 PM

Renegade (Me too)

User ID: 24639180
United States
10/15/2012 06:09 PM
Report Abusive Post

popcorn

I think this will slow the RV down, no?
Who is John Galt?
Renegade (Me too)

User ID: 24639180
United States
10/15/2012 06:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
Does anyone know what 8Ball is talking about here? I heard about the 2% to Kuwait, but how do payments to Kuwait relate to "full auto?"

10-15-2012 Newshound Guru 8Ball Article: "Urgent .. the issuance of an arrest warrant against Iraqi Central Bank Governor" The CBI may just about to do it's job and of course this is Iraq ...they don't like losing the control...CBI is a private company the only way they can stop them is to arrest him...this could also be just media entertainment...we'll see. The way to think of this if they are doing this its to block Shabibi from doing something...after the 2% giveback from Kuwait I think things maybe in full auto.

Oh, and Med says it's going down on Wednesday, btw. rolleyes

10-15-2012 Newshound Guru Med [ramesh: so we mit see RV by 17 th of this month] HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT THE 17TH...I ONLY THOUGHT I KNEW THAT. I NEVER DISCUSSED IT WITH ANYONE. I ONLY WAS WATCHING FOR IT...I HAVE KNOWN ABOUT IT FOR ABOUT 2 WKS IN A PHONE CONFERENCE I HAD ON THE QT. I GAVE MY WORD. I DIDNT WANT TO KEEP IT FROM ANYONE BUT I HONESTLY DIDNT KNOW HOW TO EXPLAIN IT WITHOUT TELLING HOW I GOT IT. [post 2 of 2]

I guess ... I will believe it when I see it.
Who is John Galt?
ReVbo™

User ID: 25612015
United States
10/15/2012 06:59 PM
Report Abusive Post

popcorn

I think this will slow the RV down, no?
 Quoting: Renegade (Me too)

1dunno1

It might. If they go through with a prosecution which seems unlikely. Even if they don't, it could take some time to sort through this mess.

Then again, there is the alternative theory that Maliki wants the money and he's doing this to pressure Shabibi to make the move before the government is set. I guess we're about to find out what Shabs is made of.

Either way, it's a hell of a show, huh?

calin

User ID: 1350324
United States
10/15/2012 07:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
Check it out, y'all! I just made Dinar Recaps. rolleyes Woohoo! Guru ReVbo, playing with the big boys. They mangled my punctuation, though, so I'm going to doctor this back up to how it should have been in the first place.

10-15-12 Revbo: The World Bank is interested exceptional developments and action is unprecedented and unexpected against Iraqi Central Bank Governor and governor Shabibi.

If I'm reading this right, they're saying something like, "We like Shabibi and don't think anything will come of this, but if you're gonna throw him in jail, we want one of our guys in his place."

I expected something more like, "The charges against Shabibi are political in nature and without merit. The World Bank demands they be dropped, and Governor Shabibi be allowed to continue his work unimpeded."

As others have said, Shabibi seems to be waiting for the perfect time to push the button, and there isn't going to be a perfect time until well after the world economy is trashed even more than it already is.

*Maybe the lackluster defense is the World Bank's way of saying it's time for Shabibi to make something happen, or they're gonna toss him overboard.

*Added because the previous paragraph doesn't really make sense with the rest of the post, as it was from a different post.

I don't know about the Guru part, but you are an awesome friend to us!

Where did they lift that from? Here?"
THE SECOND AGREEMENT: "Don't take anything personally. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering." ~ Don Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements
ReVbo™

User ID: 25612015
United States
10/15/2012 07:28 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: calin

Mostly here... [link to dinarvets.com]

I think Dinar Detectives first picked up on it. That's SWFloridaGuy's website, and I've gotten to know him a little bit over the past few months at Kaperoni's site.

Yeah, the guru part is tongue firmly planted in cheek. I don't have a freakin' clue. I hope nobody's grabbing stuff from here. What happens at GLP stays at GLP, and we don't need any riffraff around here.

Last Edited by Revbo™ on 10/15/2012 07:29 PM

calin

United States
10/15/2012 07:42 PM
Report Abusive Post

Mostly here... [link to dinarvets.com]

I think Dinar Detectives first picked up on it. That's SWFloridaGuy's website, and I've gotten to know him a little bit over the past few months at Kaperoni's site.

Yeah, the guru part is tongue firmly planted in cheek. I don't have a freakin' clue. I hope nobody's grabbing stuff from here. What happens at GLP stays at GLP, and we don't need any riffraff around here.

Funny...

ok. I see.
ReVbo™

User ID: 21257471
United States
10/16/2012 10:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
So, they've appointed a replacement for Shabibi. I guess we'll find out who's got the bigger stick in the very near future. Hey, at least something's happening.

10/16/2012 - 4:37 pm | Hits: 113

Said Ali al-Moussawi, media adviser to Prime Minister vote of the Council of Ministers to assign Abdul Basit Turki to manage the central bank to further notice.

Moussawi said in a statement to the prime minister and received news agency Buratha a copy of it on Tuesday that "the Council of Ministers today voted to assign Abdul Basit Turki to manage the central bank to further notice, the successor to the Shabibi."

The Integrity Commission has the Integrity Commission ordered the arrest of Central Bank Governor Sinan al-Shabibi and 16 other officials, including the deputy governor of the Central Bank the appearance of Mohammed Saleh.

Read more: [link to dinarvets.com]

Here's my post of the month nominee, from SocalDinar that gives a good theory about our recent unpleasantness.

Maybe this is how this will play out, Shabs has been manipulating the value down and it has now been exposed by the GOI

Although he committed no crimes he is the scapegoat The Dinar can now be revalued to it's proper place.

No US , IMF or perceived world intervention. This would be entirely a soverign Iraq's decision, The people may buy it,

Maybe The small denoms are ready and were delivered by the US planes last week

Shabibi is given amnesty because he actually broke no laws and he lives the rest of his life a very rich man.

He is willing to take the fall for love of country.

Last Edited by Revbo™ on 10/16/2012 10:53 AM

calin

United States
10/16/2012 03:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
So, they've appointed a replacement for Shabibi. I guess we'll find out who's got the bigger stick in the very near future. Hey, at least something's happening.

10/16/2012 - 4:37 pm | Hits: 113

Said Ali al-Moussawi, media adviser to Prime Minister vote of the Council of Ministers to assign Abdul Basit Turki to manage the central bank to further notice.

Moussawi said in a statement to the prime minister and received news agency Buratha a copy of it on Tuesday that "the Council of Ministers today voted to assign Abdul Basit Turki to manage the central bank to further notice, the successor to the Shabibi."

The Integrity Commission has the Integrity Commission ordered the arrest of Central Bank Governor Sinan al-Shabibi and 16 other officials, including the deputy governor of the Central Bank the appearance of Mohammed Saleh.

Read more: [link to dinarvets.com]

Here's my post of the month nominee, from SocalDinar that gives a good theory about our recent unpleasantness.

Maybe this is how this will play out, Shabs has been manipulating the value down and it has now been exposed by the GOI

Although he committed no crimes he is the scapegoat The Dinar can now be revalued to it's proper place.

No US , IMF or perceived world intervention. This would be entirely a soverign Iraq's decision, The people may buy it,

Maybe The small denoms are ready and were delivered by the US planes last week

Shabibi is given amnesty because he actually broke no laws and he lives the rest of his life a very rich man.

He is willing to take the fall for love of country.

They better have some solid evidence or this will look like a dictatorial action. Power grab and take over.
ReVbo™

United States
10/17/2012 12:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
Check out Shabibi's response to his ouster in his first statement since it happened.

He doesn't seem too upset by what's happened to him. This, along with Saleh's lackluster defense, the complete lack of response from the major players in Iraq and our own administration, and the World Bank, a couple days ago, saying, basically, "We like Shabibi, but if you're going to replace him, just be careful about it," makes one wonder if everybody in Iraq, and outside Iraq, is not on board with this new turn of events.

[link to translate.google.com]

On: Wednesday 10/17/2012 01:40 pm

BAGHDAD - Alaa Mousa

He Central Bank Governor Sinan al-Shabibi news that talked about his dismissal, Blur, calling Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki to prudence in decision-making and make the interests of Iraq above all levels ...

Shabibi said who has been in office since 2003, said in contact with AFP from Tokyo after news of his dismissal: "I do not know anything about it and, God willing, there will be no arrest warrants." Noting that he met on his way to attend an important conference Iyad Allawi, raising doubts as to the Prime Minister,

He added: "The political situation is relatively stable in Iraq and the surrounding area has created a great demand for the dollar which led to a rise in the currency exchange rate recently," he said, referring especially to Iran and Syria and the sanctions imposed on these countries.

And witnessed the exchange rate of the dollar in April its highest level against the dinar since nearly four years in the local markets, a 1320 dinars per dollar, after it was steady at 1230 dinars to the dollar.

And the Iraqi government designated a new interim conservative central bank to replace the current governor suspended his order of the court.

ReVbo™

United States
10/17/2012 12:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
10-17-2012 Phoenix3333 The allegations about Shabibi are real. Mr. Shabibi has been heavy into the IMF for a long time, heavy into the World Banks, he is an economic heavy weight. Maliki and Talabani met with heads from the Obama Administration, big meetings regarding the CBI, the currency & the next thing we know Shabibi has been removed & replaced. The IMF are bankers, it doesn't care about the people, it wants to know that they can get their money back. What if the IMF wanted Iraq to be so far under that they had to take out loans from the IMF. Who better to become their debtor & repay loans than Iraq with all of their wealth. So, why doesn't Iraq revalue their currency? When? What if Iraq wants their wealth back and the man put in place says no. Maybe Mr. IMF was in control there, & has now been removed. Do I think they will move forward quickly? Yes, I do.

10-17-2012 8Ball Article: "Cabinet approved the recommendations of the dinar exchange rate fluctuations and the formation of a committee to review the previous sales in auction" with all the articles about Shabibi and now a cabinet approved law to do with the rate of exchange...I'm good. Now Talibani has to approve before it goes to the gazette.

Ali Agha of DinarTrade:
Its appears that Shabibi is the one causing all of the delays with the currency by pushing for the redenomination for the last three years. In my opinion, maybe he was trying to hide the fact of his corruption.

[link to www.facebook.com]

Last Edited by Revbo™ on 10/17/2012 12:33 PM

ReVbo™

United States
10/17/2012 04:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'm just gonna put this out there, but again, I don't have a freakin' clue what's going on here.

Revbo:
Shabibi doesn't seem too upset by what's happened to him. This, along with Saleh's lackluster defense, the complete lack of response from the major players in Iraq and our own administration, and the World Bank, a couple days ago, saying, basically, "We like Shabibi, but if you're going to replace him, just be careful about it," makes one wonder if everybody in Iraq, and outside Iraq, is not on board with this new turn of events.

Tripphood:
ReVbo, the more I read the more I am thinking that Shab's was holding things up. It kinda makes sense.....look at all the opportunities that Shabibi has had to pull the trigger and didn't, makes you wonder. I've been reading a lot of different opinions and the ones that say Shab's has been on the take and holding things up could be possible. I've read also that Shab's did not want to RV, he wanted to L-word, maybe his deciding to float was merely a compromise on his part. Seems "they" are saying that Maliki has been stalling Shab's plan because he and his crew wanted a straight up RV, and the reason Shab's is gone is because they wanted someone in that position who would implement an RV. Who really knows? Why would it be impossible to believe that Shab's could be a GREAT CON man and had everyone fooled into thinking he was the good guy? Con men can do that you know.....there are crooks everywhere, especially in positions where they are making butt loads of cash as long as they keep stalling instead of pulling the trigger on a RV. I'm just saying.....no one personally knows Shabibi on these sites, all we see is the news articles that come out of Iraq and we form an opinion of a person, as to what kind of person he is, by what we read.

Only time will reveal the truth.

Revbo:
Well said, Tripp. As usual, I have no idea what's really going on here, and try to take it all in, and make an educated guess based on what I know of the various actors' motivations, because follow-the-money is the best advice I ever got. That said, we often don't know what the various actors' motivations are, so we speculate even further.

I've never fully trusted Shabibi, even though he seems like a likeable guy, but then again, so does Ben Bernanke, and I don't trust him with his Quantitative Easing any farther than I can throw him. Shabibi, as Palladium mentioned in another thread, is from the same club.

How long it takes the powers that be in Iraq, and the UN/US, to respond, and of course, what their response is, if any, to this will be very telling, but so far, I've seen nada from anybody who matters, and in government, silence equals tacit approval. I could be proven wrong in 5 minutes, but as it stands at the moment, for such a big development, they're taking their sweet time.

Shabibi-as-L-word-guy-in-Chief has been a theme for a long time by those in the Dinar community who have been vilified as actually pulling for an l-word. Whether they were right or wrong, I'm starting to see that they may not have been as ill-intentioned as a lot of us thought.

I still believe Maliki to be a power hungry dictator wannabe, but there aren't many decent human beings in the Iraqi government (Case in point: Sadr's crew murdered lots of Americans, and as soon as he's on our side against Maliki, we're all pulling for him), and if Maliki's the one to push this over the top, honestly, I don't really much care anymore.

Last Edited by Revbo™ on 10/17/2012 04:09 PM

jetphyxr

User ID: 23709120
United States
10/19/2012 11:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
He will return. He said if anyone messes with my currency I will sue them. He has the International support behind him. He is a man of honor, truth, and dignity. Mark His words!
ReVbo™

United States
10/19/2012 12:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
He will return. He said if anyone messes with my currency I will sue them. He has the International support behind him. He is a man of honor, truth, and dignity. Mark His words!
 Quoting: jetphyxr

We shall see. I thought that, at first, too. Now, I'm not so sure.

An article came out this morning, with statements from the government, that said this Turki is not experienced, and will only be around until either Shabibi is cleared, or someone else is appointed. Shabibi would have to have balls of steel to show back up in a country that might just kill him if he's convicted, when he's 80 years old and can retire in peace in Switzerland, surrounded by his family. Maybe he does and maybe he'll prevail, but I'm not betting on it.

Here's the article...
[link to ipairaq.com]

My money is on Ali Allawi. He's Iyad's cousin, and Ahmed Chalabi's nephew, as well as a Bremer appointee and former Princeton visiting fellow, author, and former London banker, as well as one of four names put out by the World Bank as potential replacement for Shabibi literally minutes after Shabibi was dismissed, so he would be acceptable to National Alliance, Iraqiya, US/UN, and the international banking cabal. Here's a quote of his from the recent London Iraqi finance conference.

“The opportunities in Iraq in the financial sector are the best in the world, but you have to have the appetite for riding the roller-coaster.”

– Professor Ali Allawi, former Minister of Finance

I don't know about y'all, but I've never heard Shabibi say anything like that. Allawi must know something we don't because the Iraqi banking system, at the moment, is an outdated, socialist shambles.

Last Edited by Revbo™ on 10/19/2012 12:38 PM

seeker2
User ID: 25980553
United States
10/20/2012 07:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hi all made it to hawaii, should be on line more soon. sk
calin

United States
10/21/2012 09:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: seeker2 25980553

OH! visiting?
Alexander

User ID: 15635858
United States
10/21/2012 05:40 PM

Report Abusive Post

[link to www.youtube.com]

Great interview with Kerry Cassidy and "TMAN" from the White Hats Report on Global Economy, Dinar and Global Settlements

10 min, 18 min, 25 min talk about dinar. It's two hours long
The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.
Winston Churchill

Daily Updates
Thread: ASS IS IN THE WRINGER - Rolling Updates from 11/16/20 to present (Page 235)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26062424
United States
10/22/2012 01:21 AM
Report Abusive Post

OH! visiting?

I have property here and needed to come back to deal with some issues that have come up. Staying for the holidays at my house here and having some fun with friends for t-day and xmas. sk
calin

United States
10/22/2012 09:28 AM
Report Abusive Post

OH! visiting?

I have property here and needed to come back to deal with some issues that have come up. Staying for the holidays at my house here and having some fun with friends for t-day and xmas. sk
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26062424

Nice!

Do you plan on participating in the elections in November?
Munsoned

User ID: 24059898
United States
10/22/2012 09:52 AM
Report Abusive Post

OH! visiting?

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26062424

Welcome back, is your property here near the beach? It must be so nice there.
Freedom requires breathing room, the Constitution presupposes that there will be some crazies among us so that the rest of us can enjoy freedom. - Judge Andrew Napolitano

A huge shit cloud is coming!
ReVbo™

User ID: 8850430
United States
10/23/2012 11:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
I made a new friend in this, and I really like his analysis. I'm gonna keep posting his stuff, because I think he gives excellent summaries, and he's been very prolific in the last week or so. He's an old acquaintance of Kaperoni, but has been quiet, apparently, for the past couple years.

tlar:
Although anything can happen with what's going on, the original plan was to create enough wealth for the average Iraqi to create a bank account. The CBI issued a statement earlier that told the banks to take their time in exchanging the present currency for the new lowers. In particular they wanted to set up savings and checking accounts. Let's face it. The average Iraqi today makes approximately the equivalent of $76.00 US per month and is hardly existing. My premise is this in a neutral currency exchange the money is worth no more that what it was. It might as well be like us trading in a 10 dollar bill for the new 10 dollar bill. An l-word is inconsistent with banks setting up savings and checking accounts from people who are essentially broke. One of Shabibi's stated goals that he hoped to achieve was to get people using the banks again. Remember Iraqis are gun shy of using banks because Saddam cleaned the banks out and most lost their life savings both through inflation and through this theft. The point I'm making is that in order to juice the banks and achieve this CBI stated goal there has to be some new money coming into the picture or an already broke, impoverished society will have nothing to put in those banks. There is absolutely no reason for the CBI to tell the banks "take your time and be sure to set up accounts" unless the average Iraq just came into some money. No one knows now what the plan is but I don't think a week from now these moves by Malibaba and his forty thieves will stick. I am encouraged by the growing outrage we are seeing in the newspapers. Iraq is surely experiencing a constitutional crisis. Maliki cannot morph into a complete dictator without controlling the media and silencing the opposition. His attempt to do this last week failed. He is afraid to use his military. I am sure the international community behind closed doors has threatened him with dire consequences if he tries to use the military. We have the 13000 troops already in country and another 25000 just across the border in Kuwait not to count addition troops in Turkey. No, he can't point guns at his people without fear of retaliation. We have had a Deputy of the Defence Department official meeting with the security and military apparatus on an unannounced visit since last week. IMHO the international community has had to wait, determine what's going on, is Shabibi guilty then make a decision to back Shabibi and embolden the opposition. It is not so easy just to go into a soveign nation and remove its leader. Unlike Iraq, Iraq has tasted freedom. There is a vocal outraged opposition that is growing daily and Maliki knows that he is cooked if he can't complete this soon. If he fails it is all or nothing and he will probably be tried for many crimes. In his mind he must win. He is quickly making his moves to consolidate power. He will lose and in short time. Why because as long as there is a free newspaper and the fear of using his military machine he will be overwhelmed with accusations against him and his 40 thieves. He is on lock down with the most essential tools necessary to become a dictator. The first sign of the cracks will come when MP's in his our party start to speak out against him appearing to side with the opposition. This you can classify as "the rats abandoning the ship". This IMHO will come to a head very shortly. Shabibi has become the rally point for Maliki's demise. Malibaba and his forty thieves took a calculated risk. IMHO they bit off more than they can chew and it will come back to finish them off.

ReVbo™

User ID: 8850430
United States
10/23/2012 11:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
I made a new friend in this, and I really like his analysis. I'm gonna keep posting his stuff, because I think he gives excellent summaries, and he's been very prolific in the last week or so. He's an old acquaintance of Kaperoni, but has been quiet, apparently, for the past couple years.

tlar:
Although anything can happen with what's going on, the original plan was to create enough wealth for the average Iraqi to create a bank account. The CBI issued a statement earlier that told the banks to take their time in exchanging the present currency for the new lowers. In particular they wanted to set up savings and checking accounts. Let's face it. The average Iraqi today makes approximately the equivalent of $76.00 US per month and is hardly existing. My premise is this in a neutral currency exchange the money is worth no more that what it was. It might as well be like us trading in a 10 dollar bill for the new 10 dollar bill. An l-word is inconsistent with banks setting up savings and checking accounts from people who are essentially broke. One of Shabibi's stated goals that he hoped to achieve was to get people using the banks again. Remember Iraqis are gun shy of using banks because Saddam cleaned the banks out and most lost their life savings both through inflation and through this theft. The point I'm making is that in order to juice the banks and achieve this CBI stated goal there has to be some new money coming into the picture or an already broke, impoverished society will have nothing to put in those banks. There is absolutely no reason for the CBI to tell the banks "take your time and be sure to set up accounts" unless the average Iraq just came into some money. No one knows now what the plan is but I don't think a week from now these moves by Malibaba and his forty thieves will stick. I am encouraged by the growing outrage we are seeing in the newspapers. Iraq is surely experiencing a constitutional crisis. Maliki cannot morph into a complete dictator without controlling the media and silencing the opposition. His attempt to do this last week failed. He is afraid to use his military. I am sure the international community behind closed doors has threatened him with dire consequences if he tries to use the military. We have the 13000 troops already in country and another 25000 just across the border in Kuwait not to count addition troops in Turkey. No, he can't point guns at his people without fear of retaliation. We have had a Deputy of the Defence Department official meeting with the security and military apparatus on an unannounced visit since last week. IMHO the international community has had to wait, determine what's going on, is Shabibi guilty then make a decision to back Shabibi and embolden the opposition. It is not so easy just to go into a soveign nation and remove its leader. Unlike Iraq, Iraq has tasted freedom. There is a vocal outraged opposition that is growing daily and Maliki knows that he is cooked if he can't complete this soon. If he fails it is all or nothing and he will probably be tried for many crimes. In his mind he must win. He is quickly making his moves to consolidate power. He will lose and in short time. Why because as long as there is a free newspaper and the fear of using his military machine he will be overwhelmed with accusations against him and his 40 thieves. He is on lock down with the most essential tools necessary to become a dictator. The first sign of the cracks will come when MP's in his our party start to speak out against him appearing to side with the opposition. This you can classify as "the rats abandoning the ship". This IMHO will come to a head very shortly. Shabibi has become the rally point for Maliki's demise. Malibaba and his forty thieves took a calculated risk. IMHO they bit off more than they can chew and it will come back to finish them off.

calin

United States
10/23/2012 12:00 PM
Report Abusive Post

tlar:

I like his perspective. Thanks Rev
calin

United States
10/27/2012 01:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Rev.... your silence tells us nothing is moving along. Right?
ReVbo™

User ID: 26403391
United States
10/27/2012 01:36 PM
Report Abusive Post

Don't really know. It's a whole new ballgame with Maliki in charge now, and nobody really knows whether Shabibi is coming back. I think we're in a holding pattern until that gets resolved, but it shouldn't be long, as Shabibi says he's coming back next week, and there are some rumblings he's already back.

Also, I'm paying more attention to this storm (Got a little sister in NYC) and this Benghazi mess a little more these last few days.

calin

United States
10/27/2012 02:06 PM
Report Abusive Post

Don't really know. It's a whole new ballgame with Maliki in charge now, and nobody really knows whether Shabibi is coming back. I think we're in a holding pattern until that gets resolved, but it shouldn't be long, as Shabibi says he's coming back next week, and there are some rumblings he's already back.

Also, I'm paying more attention to this storm (Got a little sister in NYC) and this Benghazi mess a little more these last few days.

ok. thanks.

Hope your sis is going to be ok.
ReVbo™

User ID: 26403391
United States
10/27/2012 03:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
More from my man, tlar. There's another of his posts on DinarGuru.com that won't let me copy.

Tlar:
The opposition has already admitted they don't have the votes to remove Maliki. It was not parliament that removed Shabibi, it was Maliki's Council of Ministers and Joubari in particul\ar. All these guys were acting in concert with Maliki. The judicial department is under Maliki's thumb and by order from him re-issued the arrest warrants only after the outcry that the Council of Ministers had no constitutional authority to issue warrants. Either way new arrest warrants have been issued. Without the votes parliament cannot remove Maliki and the opposition doesn't have the votes at present. Sadr said yesterday they can't remove Maliki but they can prepare to beat him in the next election. That might be more difficult than they might think because as you recall Maliki charged then removed the head of this commission and replaced him with "his guy". The way this is going, Maliki may be brought down because the news in Iraq is truely trying to get to the bottom of this Shabibi affair. In doing so they are publishing damning reports unrelated to the CBI situation which if continued will show Maliki for who and what he is. So far he is being accused of murdering a politician in Mosel and of hiring assasins to kill Heshimi who is being protected by Turkey. Maliki is being accused of slandering any politician not in step with him taking his orders. He also is accused of many constitutional violations. The most important charges are yet to come which include theft and corruption. They will soon follow as the opposition is slowly becoming not afraid of their names appearing in documents such as above. Maliki is being pushed back and is starting to try to defend himself. He can't assainate everyone. The machine he has set up to make these moves continues to make mistakes and will soon start to fall apart as defections are just around the corner IMHO. There is a firestorm approching and as long as he can't silence the opposition it will get much hotter for Malibaba and his forty theives. Malibaba himself will defect and start pointinjg fingers at "his guys" in order to save face and maybe his own arse. I'm just guessing but I think the battle has turned and it won't be long now until Shabibi will be back at the helm of the CBI and Maliki, if he survise this, will be licking his wounds. His asparations of being the next dictator of Iraq will become a thing of the past and Iraq will have finally understood what it is to be a democracy. People who should have read the Iraqi constitution but didn't when they voted on it are finally understanding their rights. Iraq's are reading their constitution for the first time and finding that they can band together in a united front and challenge this would be dictator. Maybe they can't vote him out of office but for sure they can charge him a bring him to justice. I know there are 13000 marines in Iraq and I feel comfortable they they would vote to bring him to justice. By the way, so would Biden. Aparently he no longer is a Maliki cheer leader. Then again maybe all this is just wishful thinking on my part.

GLP