10/28/2012 12:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Iraq an economic Study
[link to dinaralert.webs.com]

Central Bank announces replacement of damaged currency early next month

Saturday, October 27 1 / Okrudolf 2012 20:18 | : Ambassador News | | |

{Baghdad Ambassador: News}

Central Bank of Iraq, Saturday, has signed a contract with a British company to replace damaged currency with new ones, stressing that the replacement process will be the beginning of the month of November, as pointed out that these currencies are only 1% of the currency in circulation in the market.

The deputy governor of the central bank, "the bank contracted with a British company specialized printing currency to print in small denominations which the 250 dinars and the JD 1000, for the purpose of replacing damaged with new ones," noting that "this company is one of the large companies, which are printed approximately 60% of the coins countries of the world. "

Saleh added that "the month of November will begin to replace damaged currency with new ones from the small groups," adding that "all these currencies damaged constitute only 1% of the currency in circulation, and many that are only worth a few."

And citizens suffer from the difficulty of buying small groups of markets due to damage and rupture most especially the two categories of the 250 and 1000 dinars.

He held the Iraqi Central Bank, on the tenth of April 2011, bank management responsibility currency traded damaged in the markets, warning of fines on banks uncooperative to the point of suspension, as he emphasized that what is being replaced from the currency damaged in the bank does not exceed 30% of the damaged actual.

Admin_Bob:
The market maker is still in the mix. Therefore, I would not be surprised if we see new dinar and a float.

ZenMaverick (admin @ DinarAlert):
It doesn't make any sense at all w/o a rate inrease/ free float. I don't think that it is unreasonable to assume that the CBI and surrounding banks have enough IQD to just replace/ switch-out the damaged notes that they claim are only 1% of the currency, destroy them and reduce the M2 further. Why bother replacing them unless the 1% is a misrepresentation and not to mention the pain in the arse it'd be for everyday citizens to go to the banks, which are now trusted even less, to exchange there damaged notes AND WANT IQD in return vs. dollars. The game is afoot.

Last Edited by Revbo™ on 10/28/2012 12:53 PM
John 8:32

And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
calin

User ID: 14023715
United States
10/28/2012 01:26 PM
Report Abusive Post

Central Bank announces replacement of damaged currency early next month

Saturday, October 27 1 / Okrudolf 2012 20:18 | : Ambassador News | | |

{Baghdad Ambassador: News}

Central Bank of Iraq, Saturday, has signed a contract with a British company to replace damaged currency with new ones, stressing that the replacement process will be the beginning of the month of November, as pointed out that these currencies are only 1% of the currency in circulation in the market.

The deputy governor of the central bank, "the bank contracted with a British company specialized printing currency to print in small denominations which the 250 dinars and the JD 1000, for the purpose of replacing damaged with new ones," noting that "this company is one of the large companies, which are printed approximately 60% of the coins countries of the world. "

Saleh added that "the month of November will begin to replace damaged currency with new ones from the small groups," adding that "all these currencies damaged constitute only 1% of the currency in circulation, and many that are only worth a few."

And citizens suffer from the difficulty of buying small groups of markets due to damage and rupture most especially the two categories of the 250 and 1000 dinars.

He held the Iraqi Central Bank, on the tenth of April 2011, bank management responsibility currency traded damaged in the markets, warning of fines on banks uncooperative to the point of suspension, as he emphasized that what is being replaced from the currency damaged in the bank does not exceed 30% of the damaged actual.

Admin_Bob:
The market maker is still in the mix. Therefore, I would not be surprised if we see new dinar and a float.

ZenMaverick (admin @ DinarAlert):
It doesn't make any sense at all w/o a rate inrease/ free float. I don't think that it is unreasonable to assume that the CBI and surrounding banks have enough IQD to just replace/ switch-out the damaged notes that they claim are only 1% of the currency, destroy them and reduce the M2 further. Why bother replacing them unless the 1% is a misrepresentation and not to mention the pain in the arse it'd be for everyday citizens to go to the banks, which are now trusted even less, to exchange there damaged notes AND WANT IQD in return vs. dollars. The game is afoot.

Quoting: ReVbo™

I see Saleh is not in jail! hmmm... what was all that arrest stuff about then? goofy!
When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.
THE SECOND AGREEMENT: "Don't take anything personally. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering." ~ Don Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements
ReVbo™

User ID: 26473101
United States
10/28/2012 08:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
tlar:
Everything is up in the air until we see how the Shabibi thing shakes out. I for one feel comfortable at this time because Maliki has backed off. We know this because he has attempted to distance himself from the CBI responsibility by denying any culpability by him or his government. He is now saying it was parliament who did this. Very interesting since parliament was on recess before this mess even came up. Also the Integrity Commission (the commission assigned to investgate the CBI by Nujaifi) cleared Shabibi of any wrong doing. Jubouri was head hunting Shabibi and this will come out. Shabibi just wouldn't play Malibaba's game which meant he had to go. Malibaba will have a tough time getting parliament to agree to this so now there is a definite line that is drawn in the sand. I still say Malibaba will back off of this out of fear of losing it all. I'm pleased to see the NA is trying quickly to move the HCL, Erbil, Article 140 and other legislation along. This I think is to appease the opposition in an attempt to distract from the CBI problem. They are "trying to change the subject". Unless there is solid eveidence linking Shabibi to corruption or theft or they can show that he prospered from crimes committed by employees of the CBI, I believe nothing Malibaba does is significant enough to change this subject. I will come to a head when parliament next meets. I'm very incurraged to see that the CBI is being put on lock down until this matter is resolved. There must have been a lot of pressure from the International Community to get this accomplished. At least we hopefully will not see Malibaba raid the piggy bank yet.

ReVbo™

User ID: 16860056
United States
10/29/2012 05:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
A couple more takes on the replacement of some of the dinar bills in Iraq below.

Now, back to Sandy doom. My sister was on Facetime recently with my mom, so they've still got power in Brooklyn as of about an hour ago, but the worst of this mess is on its way. Say a prayer if you are thus inclined.

10-29-12 Mountainman: An economic researcher today said that Iraq is going to be a powerhouse economic force in the region and that they also need to continue to diversify their sources of revenue. He went on to say that Iraqi and foreign companies can develop the infrastructure, banking and industry, and that Iraq sits in a very strategic location in the world. We all can agree that this is true about Iraq. Such a diamond in the rough but not for long. This is a time like no other in this investment. Can you believe our Shabs is really gone, Iraqi police are storming the CBI, arresting CBI employees and the international community remains silent even after the World Bank, IMF and United Nations referenced Iraq's economy as one that will help the global financial recovery.

So, something is going on we are clearly unaware of. Even amidst the apparent turmoil, we have the Deputy CBI Governor saying they are replacing "damaged" lower denoms next month. Yeah, I'm sure they are interested in spending money to replace the same old worthless Iraqi currency. How often do you think they use a 1,000 - 5,000 bills that are worth a fraction of a cent in the market place? They never do. They use USD or a wheel barrel full of 25k notes. This is a cover for introducing the new currency. Unfortunately, the internet has made it extremely hard for them to educate the public of the upcoming change without tipping their hand. Like I said, this is a very interesting time and it's going down completely different than any of us expected.... but it's going down!!

10-29-12 Millionday: I want to make sure that everyone knows that the lower denoms are out and they are beginning the process of changing them out and I am going to tell you about it. They are right now beginning the process of having the 50s , 250s and 100s exchanged out if they are damaged which is smart. They are having any damaged at all in the country brought in because they will be using them after the three zeros are replaced. Notice which ones they are bothering to replace. These are the ones that will be in circulation after the three zeros are removed. So that they won’t have to be exchanged and they will have less work when the process begins and keep the both on the street until the entire new series is printed next year after the rate is changed / zeros removed.

Now see what is damaged is only 1% that is being replaced but 30% is damaged but in the denoms that will not remain on the streets so they are not replacing as it appears right now. So this is rocking good news. Meaning that the denoms that will be on the streets and will remain on the streets will have already been exchanged and will be mixed. So obviously the beginning of the process due to the denoms that are really damaged and they have chosen to only replace the ones they will be using after the removal of the three zeros. This is great. Very good news. Very.

ReVbo™

User ID: 16263787
United States
10/30/2012 05:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
Kaperoni's anonymous associate's take on the replacement of the 250s and 1000s. Allegedly, the contract I referenced a couple months ago, that would take the dinar to a free market float, is still in effect because it was signed between the CBI and GOI and the market maker, not Shabibi personally.

Kaperoni:
"Speaking late last night to my AZ business contact, whom many of you know i reference because of his expertise in these types of developing countries, his thought was that Iraq may start the float at about .10 making these replacement notes primary. That would put a 250 at about $2.50, and 1000 dinar at about $10. Just his view and wanted to share."

Last Edited by Revbo™ on 10/30/2012 05:59 PM

ReVbo™

United States
10/30/2012 07:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
Check it out! New SIGIR report out today. I haven't read much yet, but I found this...

[link to www.sigir.mil]

"Currency and Interest Rates. The Iraqi dinar
remained stable this quarter, with the offcial exchange rate holding at 1,166 per U.S. dollar since
it was revalued by a token amount of 4 dinars in
January 2012. h e unoi cial market rate for the
dinar also moved closer to the official rate"

I don't think SIGIR has ever used that word before, and they sure don't think much of just four pips. Maybe something like a 1165 move would be significant to them.

*Credit to Olemartin for finding this.

Last Edited by Revbo™ on 10/30/2012 07:21 PM

ReVbo™

United States
10/30/2012 07:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
Do you turn the Governor of the Central Bank "Shabibi" table on the Maliki government?!!

"...and he (Shabibi) owns of clues and evidence which condemns the Maliki government, such as trying to borrow from the reserve force if ignoring by the head of government on a number of corrupt Central Bank who belongs to his list.

I think Shabibi will return to Iraq to defend himself and his innocence and will come out in one of two goals innocence full or deal saving face and prestige government crumbling and that was the best of the Hbibi that respects history and professionalism and reject all deals that undermine the history and professionalism and efficiency, for he is able to go out victorious from this confrontation , may be the position Shabibi boundary between government continues miscarriage and approach between putting an end to all tricks in the smuggling of prisoners, criminals and endless."

[link to translate.google.com]

ReVbo™

United States
10/31/2012 10:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
Weird day today. Here are three articles that seem to indicate that:

1. Najafi is on board with the CBI change and supports the interim governor, Turki.

2. Jabouri has effectively nominated two people for permanent replacement CBI governor, including Ali Allawi (look him up), a guy I predicted, last week, would end up in that role.

3. Talabani sent a letter to Parliament that seems to strip them of most of their powers.

Weird news today. Seems the tide is turning more toward a majority government and a more-government-controlled CBI.

Oh, yeah, and we're now strongly supporting removal from CH7.

[link to dinarvets.com]

calin

User ID: 1350324
United States
10/31/2012 12:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ok thanks Rev!

Seems we are not going to see anything for some time.
THE SECOND AGREEMENT: "Don't take anything personally. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering." ~ Don Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements
ReVbo™

United States
10/31/2012 03:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ok thanks Rev!

Seems we are not going to see anything for some time.
 Quoting: calin

You never know. Bear with me, now, because I'm going to put something out there that is more Kissingerian Realpolitik kind of stuff that may be unpalatable to most of our idealistic outlook on how Iraq should have turned out. Bush always said this was about bringing democracy to the Middle East, and I, and I think most of us, wanted to see that play out, but we're all adults here, and I think most of us know that wasn't what this was ever really about.

We've supported quite a few Middle East dictators over the years. Mubarak, the Shah of Iran, Saddam until he stepped over the line invading Kuwait, the King of Saudi Arabia, the Emirs of Kuwait and the UAE, Musharref. The list goes on and on. Heck, when you give them democracy, they elect Hamas (Palestinians) or the Muslim Brotherhood (Egypt), which is basically electing Al Qaeda.

In retrospect, it may have been a little overly ambitious to think we could get Jeffersonian democracy in Iraq, and even if we managed to get a power-sharing government in Iraq, who's to say we wouldn't just have endless squabbling, like we have now over getting to a power-sharing system? As long as Maliki plays ball, it might not be the worst thing that ever happened.

Hey, they already have more freedom in Iraq, under Maliki, than they do in most parts of the Middle East. They have a relatively free press, women have many freedoms they don't in other places (i.e. they don't have to wear burkas, they can drive, they can be outside the house without their husbands, they can hold office), and as long as you don't challenge the dictator, you really don't have much to worry about.

With the news about us supporting Iraq's exit from Ch7 just yesterday, the relative silence from the international community, and Talabani seemingly siding with Maliki today at the expense of the legislative branch, it may just be that the world has decided that Maliki gets Iraq, as long as he doesn't get too far out of line, just like his predecessor. Middle Easterners don't share power very well, anyway, and a dictatorship, for all its faults, is certainly a stable form of government.

According to the conventional wisdom, nothing was ever going to happen until we got power sharing, right? Power sharing, in its basic form, is really just AN outcome. Dictatorship is ANOTHER outcome. If nothing was ever going to happen until AN outcome happened, why not this outcome? The US has way too much time, effort, blood and treasure invested in that sandy hellhole to ever just walk away. Maybe our deal with the devil here is Maliki is the man, as long as we (US) get paid back for our trouble.

ReVbo™

United States
10/31/2012 04:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
Response to my prediction from ZenMaverick (admin at DinarAlert):

So, ReVbo, you predicting Maliki gets Iraq, and he is the next Hosni Mubarak of the Middle East? I don't have a problem with him helping Assad, because he is a moderate, and I think that his downfall creates a power vacuum in Syria that is ripe for another Muslim Brotherhood dictatorship.

Perhaps this is the way the deal goes down: (1) Maliki gets Iraq and acknowledges hands off of CBI forever else he gets a prostate exam with a Tomohawk missle, (2) China & Russia police Iran and make sure they don't get a nuke, or the Israeli's turn the place into a glass parking lot, and (3) everyone gets their beloved currency reform and lives happily ever after until the next global financial crisis.

ReVbo™

User ID: 21257471
United States
11/01/2012 02:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
| On 2012-11-01 | Author AN | readings 17 | Nine four

BAGHDAD / Mustafa al-Araji

According to a member of the investigative transactions CBI and a member of the parliamentary Finance Committee Haitham al-Jubouri said the process of lifting the zeros will not be affected in the administrative changes that have taken place in the Central Bank of Iraq recently.

Jubouri said the newspaper "integrity electronic" The process of lifting the zeros or replace currency has nothing to do with events that took place in the central bank recently, noting that monetary policy does not depend on a person whatever his status administrative, but depends on the institution in charge of political الاسترات&#161​0;جة which include process raise zeros and replace the country's currency.

Jubouri announced the arrival of special equipment to replace the currency by the English side to the country Mushir that there are specialized committees will these measures, if any, within the plan in the country's monetary policy.

It is noteworthy that one of the members of the Knesset Finance Committee announced that monetary Aalssayash in the process of lifting the zeros Stadtther benevolent result of events that took place in the Iraqi Central Bank on Shabibi.

tlar:
It probably is de la Rue machines. Earlier in the year the Cbi bought 10 machines. About two weeks after that they said that only 10 banks were going to be used in the exchange. They even say "english" when referencing where the machines have come from. It appears to me that the decision to go on the process to remove the zeros has been made. All of these articles that are appearing at this time are without any apparent move by the GOI or Maliki to stop it. That seems strange because the massive front they put up before, where Shabibi ran the CBI. Kap was maybe right in that Shabibi may have decided to just introduce the dinar at 1166 and let it run from there. Maliki early on was a supporter of raising the value and then vehemitly tried to stop it. Behind the scenes Maliki may have not wanted the currency to start so low and take potentially years to come up in value. A recent article said that the bank wanted to return the dinar back to 3+. How long would that take if it was introduced at 1166 per dollar?

ReVbo™

User ID: 26808104
United States
11/01/2012 06:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
BAGHDAD / Mustafa al-Araji

According to a member of the investigative transactions CBI and a member of the parliamentary Finance Committee Haitham al-Jubouri said the process of lifting the zeros will not be affected in the administrative changes that have taken place in the Central Bank of Iraq recently.

Jubouri said the newspaper "integrity electronic" The process of lifting the zeros or replace currency has nothing to do with events that took place in the central bank recently, noting that monetary policy does not depend on a person whatever his status administrative, but depends on the institution in charge of political الاسترات&#161​0;جة which include process raise zeros and replace the country's currency.

Jubouri announced the arrival of special equipment to replace the currency by the English side to the country Mushir that there are specialized committees will these measures, if any, within the plan in the country's monetary policy.

It is noteworthy that one of the members of the Knesset Finance Committee announced that monetary Aalssayash in the process of lifting the zeros Stadtther benevolent result of events that took place in the Iraqi Central Bank on Shabibi.

tlar:
Earlier in the year the Cbi bought 10 machines. About two weeks after that they said that only 10 banks were going to be used in the exchange. They even say "english" when referencing where the machines have come from. It appears to me that the decision to go on the process to remove the zeros has been made. All of these articles that are appearing at this time are without any apparent move by the GOI or Maliki to stop it. That seems strange because the massive front they put up before, where Shabibi ran the CBI. Kap was maybe right in that Shabibi may have decided to just introduce the dinar at 1166 and let it run from there. Maliki early on was a supporter of raising the value and then vehemitly tried to stop it. Behind the scenes Maliki may have not wanted the currency to start so low and take potentially years to come up in value. A recent article said that the bank wanted to return the dinar back to 3+. How long would that take if it was introduced at 1166 per dollar?

Kaperoni:
We stated here some time ago that these machines are exactly what you stated. There is a post someone back this summer with a link to the machines purchased. Very large, commercial sorting, validation. One would have to assume after that expense, they would also use Delurue for the new currency as well (the ones with 3 languages) so they can continue to use this equipment.

Some time ago, the CBI changed the name from "delete 3 zeros" to "lifting 3 zeros" because it was confusing people in Iraq. This was discussed at a Symposium. It is nice to see Jubouri using the correct term here. There is a significant difference in the two. "Deleting" refers to a l-word and "lifting" refers to removal and replace. We can clearly see here this will be a gradual removal and replacement of the larger notes with smaller notes. Of course a rate change must accompany such an event.

tlar:
It is kind of like our banks here. Not every bank has a de la Rue machine. Those that will be involved with exchanging, plan to bundle and send the currency to one that does. The bank we intend to cash in at does not have a machine but plans to sent it to Chase bank. This is probably the way some banks in Iraq will do it. In the US all foriegn currency ultimately goes through Bank of America. It is the source or entry point to our Treasury. Chase, Citicorp, or whatever bank you intend to use, they will have to go through Bank of American then on to the Treasury. You can read this for yourself on the US Treasury website. B of A is the only official entry point for foriegn currency into the Treasury.

For saftey I would put at least some if not all in a safety deposit box. If you believe as I do that the dinar is on the verge of appreciating soon, then it is better to be safe than sorry. If the dinar does go to 1 to 1 then each dinar you have will be worth one dollar. Would you keep this much cash at your house? To follow up from what I said above, if you intend to use a bank that does not have a de la Rue, I have told my people that I will exchange only so much at a time waiting to exchange the next group once the last group is verified and in my account. In this way if the bank you chose screws up, you can shut the exchange down and regroup.

Best bank story I ever heard.

At the bank we intend to use both the CEO and their Chaiman have 10 million dinars each. The minute this RV happens they have promised me two things. The first is that they be cashing in on day one. Secondly that I will be the third person cashing in with them being the first and second. They have also said they will keep their bank open until all of my group has cashed. Their intentions are to charge no fees. They just want as much as our people are will to deposite. On the fee deal they have been unable to cxommit to a figure until they know the costs. They have a sister relationship with Chase and the currency will be verified their. The only other thing I asked the both of them is: don't quit your jobs until everybody has cashed in from my group.

Last Edited by Revbo™ on 11/01/2012 07:12 PM

ReVbo™

User ID: 26868595
United States
11/02/2012 10:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
"Are the Iraqi dinar currency strong revolves around supply and demand? Or a weak currency have two prices official and commercial?"

I vote supply and demand. This weak commercial rate isn't much working for me.

ReVbo™

User ID: 26975896
United States
11/04/2012 08:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
Here's my man, Allawi, again. He's Coalition Provisional Authority, National Alliance, Iraqiya, and global banker all rolled into one neat little package. He's gotta be the most connected man in Iraq. This is the guy who's gonna push the button for us.

In my opinion, he's been right on with his analysis of Iraqi politics over the years, too. He called for the overthrow of Saddam, but he also realized the rival factions would have a hard time getting along, so he wanted it to be organized as a "loose confederation." That would have allowed autonomy for the regions to operate as they saw fit, with a mutual defense pact in the event of invasion. Had that happened, we wouldn't be worrying about what dicator is trying to take Saddam's place at the moment, because power would have been so decentralized, being prime minister of Iraq would be a relatively unimportant job.

BAGHDAD / JD / .. entered the academic, economic and visiting professor at Harvard University in the United States Ali Allawi competition take over as the province of the Central Bank replacing teeth Shabibi, who issued an arrest warrant.

The parliamentary Finance Committee revealed on the nomination of two characters one of whom would the position of Governor of the Central Bank of Iraq and two Ahmad ÇáČŃíĺí and Ali Allawi.

The member of the Committee deputy state law Haitham al-Jubouri's / JD /: "The names most frequently in parliament and candidate strongly to take over as central bank governor first" Ahmed ÇáČŃíĺí "a man known economist, and" Ali Allawi, "the former finance minister.

The shape of the Iraqi Council of Representatives of a joint committee of Finance and Economic Committees to choose a candidate who serves as Governor of the Central Bank of Iraq.

Noteworthy that this position is managed by the agency head BSA Abdul Basit Turki after recent actions, which affected the bank.

A member of the House of Representatives deputy state law Mohammed Ugaili / JD /: The Parliament form a joint committee of financial and economic membership MPs Haitham al-Jubouri and Magda al-Tamimi and a number of members of the two committees, to resolve the position of Governor of the Central Bank next week. "

Ugaili said, "This committee will choose a candidate who will vote on it later in the House of Representatives."

Noteworthy that the judiciary has issued an arrest warrant against Iraqi Central Bank Governor Sinan al-Shabibi Ali financial background suspicions.

Known as Ali Abdul-Amir Allawi as an academic and economic, political and currently serves as visiting professor at Harvard University in the United States.

Suddenly shifted from the academic field and work in the world economy to a depth of political action where he held positions of minister of defense, finance and trade in the Coalition Provisional Authority overseeing the Iraq between 2003 and 2006.

It is noted that Allawi was a statement of Iraqi Shiites book in 2002 calling for the overthrow of Saddam Hussein

He studied civil engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1968, then a Master of Business Administration from Harvard University, has also studied at the London School of Economics. He then taught at the University of Oxford.

Referred to as he became involved in the program the young talent in the World Bank., And in January 2007, in an article in the newspaper British Andپndnt, called for the dismantling of Iraq into a loose confederation. / End / 11 N /

ReVbo™

User ID: 26975896
United States
11/04/2012 10:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
What Allawi was proposing, back 2007, was something very similar to the United States before we ratified the Constitution. Between 1776 and 1788, we operated under the Articles of Confederation, which allowed almost complete autonomy for our States. We even had 11 "Presidents" before George Washington. The reason you've never heard of them is they were elected by a relatively powerless Congress to one year terms, and other than financing the War, they didn't really do much.

Our Founding Fathers determined that the Articles were not sufficient for the new country's needs, so they drafted the Constitution, which brought more authority to Washington. Iraq has tried a top-down method from the very beginning, with most authority centralized in Baghdad, to the consternation of Kurdistan, especially, but Iraqiya is stronger in its own region, too, and would have benefitted from a decentralized system, at least until they became more comfortable operating within a more federal-type system.

It took us years, and we were a relatively homogenous society. Imagine if our Founding Fathers had been from competing sects with a thousand years of historical animosity. It still took them over ten years to become comfortable with a stronger central government. What Allawi proposed was similar to the way Switzerland, with its four languages, disparate populations, and many cantons, operates, and I don't think anybody would argue Switzerland, the Helvetian Confederation, is not a peaceful, functional society.

ReVbo™

United States
11/05/2012 10:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'm on Recaps again. Sort of rode in on tlar's coattails this time, though. Good stuff.

[link to www.dinarrecaps.com]

TLAR: here's that nasty ole constitutional issues starting to raise it's ugly head. The parliament meets next Tuesday. Their first order of business will not be to defend Shabibi but rather to defend its own constitutional rights.

Parliament is endowed with many rights one of which is to make decisions on who or how the CBI operates. It is their right to decide who will run the CBI and it is their right to remove a govenor when he is not performing his expected duties.

It looks as though they are tired of Maliki using the constitution as a proof source only when it benifits him and as a doormat when it does not. Brace yourselfs. I see a major lot of news coming out Iraq concerning their constitution starting on Tuesday.

I see the papers reporting the blow by blow action on who really controls Iraq, parliament or Maliki. This is a battle that if parliament really does want to try to re-aquire their constitutional rights and reverse what has been going on since they recessed, they must fight.

Maliki cannot win this fight unless he uses his military or secret forces to stop it. IMHO there are 13,000 reasons why this is not a reasonable choice for him. Parliament either reasserts its constitutional rights immediately when they return or they might as well learn to curtsey and bow in Maliki's presence.

I think they know this. If they don't fight for their rights and they let Maliki run roughshod over the constitution, then Iraq will become a one man show. At least itt ought to make for an interesting show.
Read More Link On Right
04/11/2012 (20:00 pm) BAGHDAD / Mohammad Sabah

Accused the legal parliamentary coalition of state law, led by Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki by trying to control the administration's central bank, but noted that al-Maliki violating the constitution for his dismissal Bank Governor Sinan al-Shabibi, inasmuch as it is a valid House of Representatives, while stressing Kurdish lawmaker that the issue of impeachment Shabibi will be put to a debate in parliament on Tuesday.

In an interview with the "long", said Prince Kanani member parliamentary legal committee that the issue of the nomination of a new governor of the Central Bank on behalf not discussed within the National Alliance, pointing out that this matter "is limited, however, Prime Minister and the Dawa Party."

He added that "al-Maliki put two names on the political blocs to agree on one and two Ahmed ÇáČŃíĺí deputy central bank governor, Ali Abdul-Amir Allawi, former finance minister, and between" The State of Law coalition wants to convince the Iraqi List, creating a balance with the Ministry of Finance, and the Kurdistan Alliance, who is the Ministry of trade, stressing that it has become a partisan issue Mhassat and Ktheloah. READ MORE .....

SCALP: Parliament actually need to turn up to win this fight....we know they dont like to do that.....shhould be interesting to see the turn out numbers for this tuesday session....wonder if we get a full hhouse for the first time in ages.

one point...i think its about time they changed the majority voting system to one of majaority of the people that turned out....real tired of these clowns walking out and stalling stuff every time it doesnt go their way............the vote should still be taken. If they did this you watch that parliament have full attendance from that point on with no walk outs.

A walk out should = a loss of vote imo, but the vote still goes ahead....summin needs to be done to motivate these clowns to do some work.

TLAR: Scalp, this should be a defining moment for parliament and for Iraq. I really hope it is not a bunch of no shows but remember, parliament was put on recess by Nujaifi because the State of Law party said they were staying away until after the feast and that meant parliament did not have a quorum.

SCALP: Yep I remember, this is why something needs to change in how they vote on stuff so that people like M or A can not stop it by just not turning up....these votes shhould still go ahead....watch the massive and instant change in Iraq if they did this, so much work would get done.

Im hhoping I dont have to care about the clowns anymore, I tend to just watch cbi now that they removed shabby...hhe seemed to be the only obstacle to me other than removing m, they didnt have the balls to remove M so removed shabby instead...this is just my opinion though on whats going on there.

The stand off between shabby and M over the power share head to come to a head at some point....this is what we are seeing now. Shabby said he wouldnt rv until power share was done, M pretended he didnt care about the RV...we had a long stand off...shabby didnt waiver so M got tired and just get him up to get him removed. JMO

REVBO: He added that "al-Maliki put two names on the political blocs to agree on one and two Ahmed ÇáČŃíĺí deputy central bank governor, Ali Abdul-Amir Allawi, former finance minister, and between..."

It's gonna be Allawi. Parliament is a bunch of no-show nancy boys, and Maliki gets his way. Every time. He will again this time. And it won't be so bad.

TLAR: If there is a strong showing of the MP's not in the SOL party it will be enough to change things. There are 325 MP's

Scalp: Man my typing Stinks today...doesnt help that im missing my G and H keys :P

I quite like the sound of this Allawi geezer revbo... I just hope whoever it is they crack on and give us what were all waiting for

TLAR: I hope your wrong ReVbo. At least this question shoul be anwered by our Tuesday am. Will there be enough of them to stand up for their right?

REVBO: I kinda hope I am, too, tlar, but only because I'd like to see Parliament grow a pair, not because of the nominee, who I think is fantastic. Alas, I am not optimistic on the first item. But, hey, the consolation prize is, we get a world class central bank governor from the Dawa gangsters, and if he'll pull the trigger, he's alright by me.

TLAR: It sounds to me ReVbo that you're only interested in the money. Ha Ha

ReVbo: Guilty as charged. I want Iraqis to be free, and for democracy to thrive there, but it seems as if that's not really in the cards right now. Maybe some day, but if they're going to have a dictator, I want one who will allow Iraq to at least be prosperous. I'm just hoping, at this point, Maliki is more of an Augusto Pinochet- than a Hugo Chavez-type dictator, and I think he is.

WGW242: I'm with ReVbo. No one else cares about the Iraqi people, as evidenced by the response to Dr. Shabibi's plight. They are not willing to make their democracy work at this time. Maybe sometime in the future we will move from Dictator to Democracy. In the meantime, an Rv will help the people in spite of Maliki.

Tlar Once the dinar does its thing I could care less about Iraq or Maliki. I said before when it RVs I don't want to know anything beyond the last bank I visit and I intend to never, never, never read another thing about Iraq. Besides I don't think you can even get the news on the beaches of Belize. The only thing I will be interested in is the exact location of the bartender as I hope to get another drink.

BlueyesinLevis I thought Ali Allawi is the cousin of Ilyad Allawi.. and the son in law of Chalabi.. hence he would be acceptable to the kurds and the List? And his resume looks impressive.

SHAUND2073: That is my overstanding to Blue eyes.. and he is qualified actually!! wow a new concept for them to put in an offical who is actually has background in that field , and I beleive that they are going to do that not only to please the parties but remember, this is on the mainstream media but wouldnt you think the offical has to be acceptable to the IMF. I mean they will be his boss.

TLAR: Iraqiya, the Sadrist and Kurdistan are all interested in the independance of the CBI, The Sadrists have already stated that they intend not to vote for Maliki in the next election. The have also stated that the CBI must be independent. If these three blocks show all locked in step along with just a few disinchanted MP's from other blocks, Maliki looses. They have the votes. Maliki cannot depend on the NA to sustain from voting as a solution because of the Sadrists who are counted as part of their membership. In addition many in the NA that are not Sadrists are also disinchanted with Maliki. Tuesday could be a big day.

TGIRL: Sadrists: Dawa party has a monopoly on the central bank governor candidates

01:08:05 / 11/2012 Khandan - The Prince Kanani member of the Legal Committee of Parliament MP for the Liberal block of the Sadrist movement, that the issue of the nomination of a new governor of the Central Bank on behalf not discussed within the National Alliance, pointing out that this matter "is limited, however, Prime Minister and the Dawa Party."

ReVbo™

United States
11/05/2012 04:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
sk, did you delete my last post? It was there half an hour ago. Weird.

seeker2  (OP)

User ID: 436480
United States
11/06/2012 02:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
sk, did you delete my last post? It was there half an hour ago. Weird.

No deletions from me my friend. I have been off line for a while now. Just got a computer hook up to the net, again. sk
ReVbo™

United States
11/12/2012 02:46 PM
Report Abusive Post

tlar:
This is good that this is happening because of pressure from the IMF. Maliki agrees to cancel the card then says we will put forth cash payments instead of the card and parliament says no its unconnsitutional. The only way they can cancel the ration card is to do it simultaneously with the raise in value or just after the raise in value. The State of Law is in a quandry. In order to be accepted into the world banking system the IMF is demanding they stop the cards. They have told Iraq to do this for years now. Iraq, under the Maliki government, has finally agreed. Dr. Shabibi was pushing for this and the implementation of the tax and tariff law for at least since the beginning of 2010. Both of these things go hand in hand and are necessary to install a free market. The three basic controls to inflation and dinar support are not yet in use. The three tools are Taxes and tariffs, exchange rate and the aUctions. Shabibi did a good job with only being able to utilize the auctions to support the dinar but as this economy heats up they will need to have all three tools activated. The ration card cannot be dropped until they raise the currency. Even Maliki's government realizes that now. It would be inflationnary and would probably cause riots and demonstrations. We saw the truth of that last week in the demonstrations against the removal of the ration card in March. The Maliki government will soon come to the conclusion that in order to have a functioning economy and to actually have a free market society, the must release the other two tools. IMHO based on their first date of March 2013 that was the planned date to get rid of the card that they will raise the rate sometime in Jan through March. Certainly before what was their planned date. In addition this government cannot tell the people "don't worry folks, we will have raised the rate to 1 to 1 before then" for obvious reasons. Remember the SOL's and Maliki's war was with the central bank before because of a clash of ideals and personalities. For the time being that war is over and now they must deal with realities on the ground. The easy way for them to progress is to implement those illusive tools, the taxes and tariffs and the exchange rate. I look for the tax and tariff law to be again on their plate sometime in December. To my knowledge it is still scheduled to go into effect in January. It too is extremely inflationary by itself. It has to be introduced in an environment where the currency has value and it is international in order to not also be inflationary. So again IMHO this is why they on paper at least have to do something with the currency. If this law is left alone and is implemented in January we will see our RV. All of this is economics 101.

ReVbo™

United States
11/12/2012 04:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
What if the IMF made this demand to cancel the ration card knowing that Maliki would go for it so as to continue getting his grubby little hands on cheap IMF loans now that he can't touch the CBI reserves that he, inexplicably, thought would just be sitting underground waiting for him to plunder. The people reacted as one would expect, with outrage that this monster is trying to starve their children, and now Maliki is the Grinch Who Stole Dinner. Now, he's got to backtrack so they don't burn the whole place to the ground, and the IMF owns him again.

He can't get the reserves, IMF will cut him off in a couple months, and Ch7 will ensure his government stays poor until he gives the world community what it wants.

Last Edited by Revbo™ on 11/12/2012 04:17 PM

ReVbo™

User ID: 27695059
United States
11/13/2012 07:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Have a shot of hopium. dasbier

Hoosier1470:
They know that the 15000 dinar ($12) is soon to change! This is nothing but a whole lot of hot air!! 2013? Sure, they will probably release some lower notes...as well as implement some new laws, amendments, budget, etc...but I bet that we see an exchange rateadjustment and some lower notes released before then! Then we will get to see the "true budget" for 2013! Of course by that time...most won't care! Something BIG is getting ready to take place!! If I told the truth as to how I know this..no one would believe it anyway. So I say, let's just watch and see this play out! After all, that's what we've been doing for years! This IS going to be a very Blessed Holiday season for many!! Especially for the people of Iraq (speaking of the average citizen)! May God Bless each of you!! Go Iraq!! Go RV/RI!!

Read more: [link to dinarvets.com]

seeker2  (OP)

User ID: 1125926
United States
11/15/2012 03:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hey Revbo thanks for keeping things rolling. Still limited internet service from where I'm at in Hawaii. Things are looking good for an RV. Keep the faith. sk
ReVbo™

User ID: 27798340
United States
11/15/2012 04:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hey Revbo thanks for keeping things rolling. Still limited internet service from where I'm at in Hawaii. Things are looking good for an RV. Keep the faith. sk
 Quoting: seeker2

No problem, buddy. Good to see ya. Here's tlar's latest...

"This article says 3 different things. The article is a slam on Shabibi further tightening the accusations against him. It clearly blames him for the economy not prospering. It also implys that the CBI is working hard to bring the two rates, the street value and the program rate back together at the program rate. They refer to this in the article as stablizing the rate. At the end of the article they refer to increasing the value in the coming period which will help the economy. This statement looks to be an affirmation from the Maliki government that they realize that it is imperitive to raise the value in order to progress as a country. They must have the backing of the IMF to pull this off. In the past the IMF and the WB had given its blessing and backing through articles that said the IMF and th WB were firmly behind Iraq and would support the raise of the currency. This meant IMF and WB loans if necessary to support it along with recognition from both the IMF and WB that it is worthy of what ever the new rate turned out to be. We know this because the reverse is also true. If the IMF and the WB refused to support a raise, then other countries would probably not recognized whatever the new rate Iraq put on its currency. In addition it is the IMF that agrees or disagrees as to whether the dinar becomes an article VIII currency which gives it an international trading recognition. Iraq needs to play ball with the IMF to RV successfully. We will have to see whether or not Iraq looks to be playing ball with the IMF. Iraq, in trying to abandon the ration cards is a first good sign that they are at least attempting to play by the rules. This has been a demand by the IMF for a few years now but was stalled by the political problems. Yesterday Kap put up an article that talked of the tariffs being put in place in June with no more delays. This is another request by both the IMF and the WB along with the WTO that has been held up because of the disput between Maliki and Shabibi. In fact it is a pre-requiset along with the raising of the currency to more parrelel the US dollar in order to be a member of the WTO. The WTO told to Iraq this back in 2009 and unless someone can show me an article that counters this, Iraq still has to install tariffs and increase the value of the dinar closer to the US dollar in order to be a full member as two of the requirements. The article above is very encouraging because of the recognition that Iraq must revalue. It is also encouraging to see that at least for the time being that they look like they are attemopting to follow the IMF's advise.and most encouraging, that the intend to activate the tariffs even if has been a long time coming. The realities are they have to increase the value of their currency if they activate those tariffs and if they ever really inrtend to join the WTO as a full member. They have to follow the same path laid down by Shabibi with the only difference today is, they have to get out of their own way now that they conrtrol the process start to finish."

ReVbo™

United States
11/16/2012 10:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
Take a look at what these freakin' idiots are up to now. Time for Shock and Awe II, but Obama's too damn much of coward to remind these fools who the man is. We could be here a while, folks.

Thread: BREAKING: Iraq Urges Oil Ban against US & Israel

calin

User ID: 27335334
United States
11/16/2012 03:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
Take a look at what these freakin' idiots are up to now. Time for Shock and Awe II, but Obama's too damn much of coward to remind these fools who the man is. We could be here a while, folks.

Take it easy Rev... let's wait to hear from Maliki's mouth. I saw only one on line link. No more.
ReVbo™

United States
11/16/2012 03:10 PM
Report Abusive Post

Take it easy Rev... let's wait to hear from Maliki's mouth. I saw only one on line link. No more.

Yeah, I may have jumped the gun a little bit on that one. This Israel thing is just a really touchy subject with me.

calin

User ID: 27335334
United States
11/16/2012 03:31 PM
Report Abusive Post

Yeah, I may have jumped the gun a little bit on that one. This Israel thing is just a really touchy subject with me.

k

Everything is really touchy right now. Mailiki wouldn't burn his bridges I don't think.
seeker2  (OP)

User ID: 1055189
United States
11/16/2012 07:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
Smoke and mirrors, I would think. If he wants to live to a ripe old age, he will not sell out his buds in the US. sk
ReVbo™

User ID: 27957782
United States
11/17/2012 05:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
Anybody know anything else about this? Sounds like Maliki wants out if they'll give him a pardon.

Al-Maliki: who wants Disclaimer of liability it retire from political life

Alsumaria news 17/11/2012-1: 10 pm | Hits: 20

Alsumaria news/Baghdad
Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki Saturday, it wants Disclaimer of liability to quit political life, and called for cooperation and a sense of responsibility and solidarity.

Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, in a speech today at the opening ceremony of the second gas power station Hilla, and attended by the Sumerian "news", that "nation-building is not what everyone does not work, the Government and the Parliament, politicians, civil society organizations, in a spirit of solidarity, integrity and honesty".

Al-Maliki said that "he wants to get rid of the consequences of responsibility it retire from politics and go where he wants," he said, adding that "any party or entity could not run the country alone", calling on all to "work from the honesty and sincerity in action, not from throwing responsibility on others".

Al-Maliki said that "all those responsible are made both in capacity and efficiency, honesty and integrity so that the darkest one".

Al-Maliki was stressed, in (October 1, 2012), that make an effort in order not to repeat the experience of the Government of national partnership, saying they are trying to block the action.

Iraq has witnessed a political crisis since April last month, claims of no-confidence in the Government of President Nouri al-Maliki by the Kurdistan Alliance and the Iraqi list and the Sadr movement, but this crisis started with the solution after the National Alliance announced the formation of a reform Committee.

Read more: [link to dinarvets.com]

Last Edited by Revbo™ on 11/17/2012 05:36 PM

GLP