Iraq an economic Study

ReVbo™

User ID: 27957782
United States
11/17/2012 09:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Iraq an economic Study
Re: previous post about Maliki. (And there's another source now, too.)

uncircld:
I say they must have presented him with some serious evidence and his has 1 option or he's just going to finish his term and pretend he is going to retire and still do business as usual. I hope it is it one option and say by by. Have a terrible life like he gave others. I am confident the DV's are on it and will shall know soon.

Read more: [link to dinarvets.com]

Easyrider:
u know damn well they wont kill him or put him in prison he will just more than likely take his money and disappear as Ayad- Allawi has done in London. I do believe whats going to occur hes gonna revalue at the beginning of the year and simply disappear just as shabbs is gonna do, Both will leave the country to go live somewhere else and retire very very very wealthy men . This was told to me by someone i know that i trust. Looks to me this might be coming sooner rather than later.

John 8:32

And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
calin

User ID: 14023715
United States
11/19/2012 09:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
Wow! thanks Rev!

I am on less these days as my sister is diagnosed with terminal lung cancer. Tough times for the family.
When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.
THE SECOND AGREEMENT: "Don't take anything personally. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering." ~ Don Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements
ReVbo™

User ID: 28367134
United States
11/23/2012 08:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
Bondlady says banking and investment laws are done.

[link to dinarvets.com]

Last Edited by Revbo™ on 11/23/2012 09:20 PM

calin

United States
11/24/2012 11:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
Bondlady says banking and investment laws are done.

[link to dinarvets.com]
 Quoting: ReVbo™

applause
THE SECOND AGREEMENT: "Don't take anything personally. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering." ~ Don Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements
ReVbo™

User ID: 16860056
United States
11/30/2012 10:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
Maybe the Erbil Gang still has a little fight in them yet.

Now, they say they've got 222 votes to rid themselves of the dictator.

[link to dinarvets.com]

Four leaders are preparing to withdraw confidence from the three presidencies or the formation of an interim government (this might have to do with the SFA)
Font Size Print Email

BAGHDAD / Baghdadiya News / .. A source close to the leader of the Iraqi List, Iyad Allawi, on Friday, Allawi went during the next week to Kurdistan to get out with the two Kurdish leaders fateful outcome of the political process.
The source, who preferred not to be named for / Baghdadiya News / that "Allawi will travel next week to Kurdistan to join the meetings bilateral leaders Kurdish Jalal Talabani and Massoud Barzani to exit agreement tri includes two parts, one to withdraw confidence from the three presidencies of President Jalal Talabani and parliament speaker Osama Nujaifi and Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki and re-formed again, "pointing out that" Talabani and Nujaifi Hebdo consent to the options to resolve the current crisis. "

"The other option, which will be agreed upon includes the formation of an interim government independent lead the country for two years contribute to ending the suffering of the citizens."
The source continued that "the meeting will talk to reshape the Federal Court rather than temporary court for being the main reason for the current crisis as a result of biased interpretations that led to the destruction of the country's democratic process."
He pointed out that "numerous contacts took place between Allawi, Talabani and Barzani and cleric Moqtada al-Sadr, who said in turn readiness Votes Liberal bloc parliamentary and cabinet ministers in the government to move the options," noting that "the three leaders received the blessing of political parties and heads of different clans along 222 votes parliamentarians about the options that pretty four leaders. "
The head of the Kurdistan region Massoud Barzani may face recently invited to the Iraqi leader Iyad Allawi to join the meetings bilateral taking place between him and President Jalal Talabani out solution of the current crisis but Allawi stipulated reaching to the final results of his trip to Erbil and joining meetings. Ended 21 [link to www.albaghdad...3%98%C2%A9.html]

Last Edited by Revbo™ on 11/30/2012 10:44 AM

ReVbo™

User ID: 28987586
United States
12/03/2012 11:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
Talabani will ask the National Alliance change Al-Maliki upon returning to Baghdad

Monday, 03 December 2012 17: 32

{Baghdad: Euphrates news}--{gauder} said the Kurdish President Jalal Talabani in Baghdad will be requested on arrival directly from Al-Maliki to reform and change its policy in violation of the Constitution ".

The paper said Talabani would seek constitutional and legal way and request change Al-Maliki by the Iraqi National Alliance and set another character.

The leading newspaper in the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK) Fred assrd was quoted as saying that the Kurds themselves are unable to withdraw confidence from the Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki in these circumstances, so that the President will use the constitutional and legal powers against the policies of Prime Minister.

The reports said that Talabani will return Saturday evening Baghdad more than a month after the end of his departure

[link to www.microsofttranslator.com]

[link to www.dinardetectives.com]

12-3-12 Bondlady: I'm going to do something I never do...repeat a rumor that was told to me so take it as a rumor please but because of things my team and I've discovered there could be some truth to things.

Someone told me the currency was printed in the 1st part of November 2012, and was shipped at the end of Nov. 2012. That being said then we did some Del La Rue studies. This was a stockholders meeting from Del la Rue..."De La Rue issues profit warning after contract delays By Simon Nias Wednesday, 14 November 2012 De La Rue's share price fell more than 5% on Tuesday after it was forced to cut its full-year earnings guidance in its six-month trading update."

The world's largest banknote printer blamed the profit warning on delays to "a number of significant orders which had been expected and planned for production in the second half of the current financial year."

If this isn't mainly talking about Iraq I don’t know what other country Del La Rue was doing a major contract for. Then all of a sudden laws were passed with the new proxy CBI governor, which the goi/parl didn't seem to want to pass for Shabibi and when you tie all of this in with our Thanksgiving post of new and amended laws passed, counterfeiting and money laundering laws we look for the changes happening and they are happening.

Huge things as we watch a country being given life right before our eyes; truly exciting times. Well, I can't see it any other way than we're very close.

seeker2  (OP)

User ID: 29107663
United States
12/04/2012 10:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks Revbo, sounds encouraging
ReVbo™

United States
12/07/2012 10:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
Looks like the UN is getting involved in the CBI mess, finally. I was hoping we'd see something like this to reign in Maliki's attempt to take over the central bank. They were taking so long to do anything, I was starting to think they were okay with things the way they were, but I guess they just needed some time to get their ducks in a row. Very good news! Hopefully, they'll stop the GOI's move on the bank, and get things back on track.

Revealed the Finance Committee in the Iraqi Parliament, the arrival of a United Nations delegation to Baghdad, to investigate corrupt files in the Central Bank. Member of the Finance Committee said the Iraqi list MP Hassan aozmn for "heat": a delegation from the United Nations arrived in Baghdad in the past two days, noting that a delegation of experts to investigate the cause of the Central Bank and corrupt files raised, pointing out: it called on the Iraqi Government to provide it with the names of those involved in corruption at the Bank, and this has become an International Bank.

Aozmn said: the United Nations is entitled to intervene in this case, for two reasons, one: that Iraq remains under item VII. II: Iraq from participating States in signing the International Convention to combat money laundering.

ReVbo™

User ID: 29320507
United States
12/08/2012 01:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
tlar:
Revbo, my best guess is they are not meeting with the CBI to investigate the claims of corruption anymore than the deputy of defense met with maliki to discuss the strategic alliance between the US and Iraq. This is not business as usual over the last couple of days. First the US announces that they have picked a successor to Maliki as part of a possible interum government until the new elections, then Moon visits Maliki at his office supposedly to discuss the Kuwaiti relationship, then the Deputy of Defence pays Maliki a vist to spposedly talk about the military alliance and partnership with Iraq and now the UN going into the CBI under the guise of investigating corruption and calling the bank an International bank which it is not.. The world just got all over this IMHO. Something is a foot. I believe Maliki has stepped in it. I have said since 2008 that Iraq is too important to the world to let it go to hell in a hand basket. An article just came out that said by 2023 it is expected that Iraq will be producing half the oil used in the world. Iraq cannot be lost to a despot who does not have an interest in developing the resources and continues to cause turmoil that long term might lead to a civil war. This is a battle the world cannot afford to loose and I think we are witnesses to a world intervention. Remember they can't be seen as interferring or trying to control a soviegn nation. This is a mission of last resort and I believe we are watching this mission unfold as we speak. The world needs Iraq's oil and the world needs Iraq's money. There are no desenters in the UNSC to any move that is necessary to insure Iraq comes to fruition. All 5 permanent members have been on board since the invasion until today.

ReVbo™

User ID: 29346090
United States
12/08/2012 12:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Scalp:
[link to dinaralert.webs.com]

I think you all giving M too much credit, yeh he's trying to be a dictator, I just can't see him getting away with it, the PTB have had enough now and thats why we see these people all in Iraq....and especially because we are so close to the action of the money plan that has been in the works for yrs and yrs, Im not sure I can believe that one man has been able to stop it, basically stop any and all progress in Iraq. Bigger people than this gguy have been removed and killed for less. Do you believe for one second that they cant just explode or bullet this guy when ever they want....cos they can....
I think they stood back and waited for monkey boy to do the right thing, he then went and done the unthinkable because he's so power crazed and took over the CBI......they still stood back and waited......final straw I think was stopping the RV/Float.....enough was enough at that point. Guess we find out who wins in a few weeks. 1 man or all the worlds power people. I know who I have my money on.

ReVbo™

User ID: 29742471
United States
12/12/2012 09:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
Baghdad (newsletter) ...The Central Bank decided to include a number of community banks public auction sale of foreign currency and increase the share of wheat granted to exchange companies and authorize the Bank to lower the price of the dollar against the Iraqi dinar.

The Bank said in a statement received (News Agency news) on Wednesday that Bank Management Council adopted several resolutions encouraging Iraqi banks and credit and Mansour as the first stage and later include all licensed banks to open credit and financing by the Central Bank of Iraq in accordance with the mechanism set up for this purpose in addition to the continuation of these banks in the entry window sale of foreign currency.

He: to increase the share auction downloads and granted to the Exchange and remittance companies and 100,000 dollars to exchange companies who increased their capital according to the requirements of the Central Bank of Iraq to 500 million dinars (150) thousand dollars of remittance companies increased their capital before the date required by the Central Bank of Iraq (15) billion dinars (125) thousand dollars for remittance companies who increased their capital according to the requirements of the Central Bank of Iraq 10 billion dinars.

He continued as an authorization shall be determined by the Iraqi Central Bank Governor power to reduce the selling price of the dollar (1179) dinars per dollar to enhance the value of the Iraqi dinar according to market requirements./finished/b. x/

--

Palladium:
I had my cousin look at this, and I am very wrong in my understanding of this. I must apologize for my earlier post.
My cousin is not invested in the dinar, not interested in the dinar, and he very well understands economic and currency matters. The way he explains this is article to me as the CBI is indicating they are preparing to "Float" the dinar exchange rate. He states that it a ramping up of the sales and opening of lines of credit to the banks means more trading will be occuring.
My hat is off and tipped to Kaperoni, Steve, and Russell. If this article is true and my cousin's perception of this article is true, then all three of you all nailed the float concept.
I read this article this morning and it just didn't sound good to me. I am more hopeful and pleased now.

Iraq participate in a meeting of the International Monetary Fund in Amman

Wednesday, 12 January 1 / December 2012 11:31

BAGHDAD / With: Iraq participates in the meeting of the International Monetary Fund to be held in the Jordanian capital Amman for the third review under the Convention on the Stand-By Arrangement with the International Monetary Fund.

A statement by the Office of Financial Supervision today that Chief of Staff Abdul Basit Turki headed a delegation of officials Court to participate in the IMF meeting to be held in Oman for the period from 13-15 of this month with the participation of the Ministry of Finance and Central Bank of Iraq and the House of Representatives.

[link to translate.google.com]
--

tlar:
This article is important and I think it does relate to the dinar and the standby agreement. The CBI now has permission to raise the dinar value. We know that the standby agreement is due in February. We also know that in March Iraq will make some kind of substantial changes to the ration card. We also do know that Shabibi is in Amman as previously stated in an article. I don 't think it's a great leap to assume that the dinar will definitely be on the agenda. In fact I will say that the announcement that was made that the CBI has permission to raise the value of the dinar most likely was pre-approved by the IMF. We know that the IMF is in Iraq at this time. I don't believe that all these things coming together at this time are coincidental.

Last Edited by Revbo™ on 12/12/2012 09:39 PM

ReVbo™

User ID: 29758748
United States
12/12/2012 10:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
Another great history lesson from my man, tlar. I love the conspiracy stuff. Maybe, I'll try to get him over here:

Dr. Shabibi underwent a test as we all know at the request of the IMF in 2009 to prove he could control inflation and support the dinar at 1077 through the only tool avaiable to him at the time, the auctions. We know he announced at the beginning of 2010 atfer he successfully passed this test in 2009, that he would redenominate the dinar by the end of 2010. We know he did not. Why? His stated reason was that the government was not formed and everyone assumed he was talking about the Security Ministers not being assigned. We also know that again in 2011 he was talking about removal of the zeros and by October he announced that the CBI was ready with all pieces to the puzzle being complete. Again he did not do it. The excuse this time was that he was waiting for approval from the government even though the Iraqi constitution gives him full authority to act alone in this decision. Then comes 2012. Shabibi again says he is going to redenominate whether the government approves of it or not. He states that on January 1st, 2013 the dinar will equal the US dollar and he will be passing out the lower denoms which can only mean RV. The lower denoms we know are unusable at a low rate such as 1166. Here is where I separate my beliefs from the pack.

In 2010 Maliki signed favored trade agreements with both Syria and Iran. These two countries started accumulating vast amounts of dinars through these agreements as they accepted dinars as balance of trade payments. Both Iran and Syria totally accepted dinar as a usable currency inside their countries as did Iraq accepted theirs. This became a great concern to the UN and its membership and they vocalized this to the Maliki administration that it should stop. Maliki ignored them. It did not. So all through 2010 these to pariah states were accumulating dinar.

I personally have always believed the premise that the US controlled the CBI and its money and I believe this is a valid assumption on my part for a number of reasons.

First is when the war started there were demonstrations in the US streets by the anti-war folks. Their signs read "no blood for oil". The Bush administration realized that if the US was seen a big benifactor of the oil production that they would be seen just as the anti-war folks had portrayed them. War only to steal the oil. When the US entered Iraq and won the war, we occupied Iraq under the Bremmer provisional government. The US was suspiciously missing out on most of the oil contracts with the biggest recipiants being big oil companies from other countries. China was the biggest recipiant of the early contracts. We did not take the oil. We took the money.

The dinar as we know had basically collapsed. Our Treasury dept actually paid $80 million dollars to print the new dinar. We did the exchange in Iraq and we funded the start up of the new government and its ministries with USD. We did not do this for free. The Treasury website indicated that we did a currency swap. USD for dinar.

We sent employees from our Treasury dept along with major banks to Iraq to start the CBI and to help in rebuilding the bank. In 2009 we doubled the number of Treasury employees permanently assigned to the CBI. These guys have been there all along working in and advising the bank. We did not take the oil. We took the money that controls oil.

So what is my premise? I believe Shabibi was put on hold by the international community until we could figure a way to repatriate those trillions of dinars that were in Syria and Iraq. The nuclear standoff with Iran provided the perfect opportunity to destroy Irans currency through aditional sanctions and force them to seek hard currencies from the outside to be able to aquire goods a services. Remember Iran had announced earlier that they would not accept US currency as balance of payment so they were seriously low in hard currency reserves. Once their currency started to collapse they had to use any acceptable currency as balance of trade. Iraq was easy for them because through the auctions they could get immediate dollars for dinar. Remember the dinar was not sellable to anyone else. So Iran was one of the biggest dumpers of dinar in the trillions back on Iraq.

Syria, through the arab spring also has to have hard currency to conduct their war. Their currency also having collapsed due to UN sanctions, they started selling their dinars for USDindirectly in Iraqi auctions. Saleh said the middle of 2011 that there was approximately 4 trillion dinars out in Iraq. The question is if you look at all the dinar that has been purchased by the auctions, it dwarfs what was out in Iraq. It can only have been the CBI cleaning house as Syria and Iran dumped their dinars for dollars. The auctions got as high as 375 million dollars being sold daily. We know it was not coming from us as speculators, we are in a holding pattern. We know it did not come from central banks as they too are in a holding pattern.

I think Maliki, for his own reasons has tried to stop this as most of us do. The reality in my opinion is quite different from what we read in the news. I believe one of his reasons for not wanrting to see a change in the currency is that he is covering for the biggest counterfieter, Iran. Today Iran's economy is in dire straights and they are actively printing counterfiet dinars. As long as Iraq does not change its currency Iran will be able to pass these counterfeit bills in Iraq. I'm sure Maliki has more than one reason but to me he has a major IOU to Iran because Iran helped engineer his Prime Ministership.

To sum this up. IMHO Iraq' CBI has been and still is a surrogate of the US Treasury and the IMF. I believe that the hold has been because they had to clean the dinar out of both of the rouge countries. They could not RV while these two countries were holding trillions and trillions of dinar. Now that that is effectively been done I believe we will see a controled movement on the dinar using the program rate which will be used step by step to make sure that they are controlling every support level. Sorry that this is long. I'm just long winded.

Last Edited by Revbo™ on 12/12/2012 10:44 PM

ReVbo™

User ID: 21257471
United States
12/13/2012 02:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
BAGHDAD - Iraq News Network: parliamentary Finance Committee confirmed on Thursday that the situation of the Iraqi dinar against the U.S. dollar is stable, noting that raise the price against the dollar was possible. A member of the Finance Committee secretary Hadi said that "the central bank administered by the new managed to control the situation and stabilize the exchange rate after witnessed tension during the crisis raised against the previous administration and suspicions of corruption that kept the bank governor and his deputy and a group of employees, but the situation this period has become more stable. " He added that "the central bank governor received authorization to raise the price of the dinar safety of the dollar due to the fact that the option mentioned possible at the present time as well as the presence of the bank's intentions to raise the value of the Iraqi dinar long as previous years have seen a rise in value against the dollar." He pointed out that "the central bank governor will have the option under this authorization in choosing the appropriate time to raise the price of the dinar and it will determine when and how this step is done based on his experience in his field."

--

Carello:
This sounds great and indicates a new vision for Maliki and the value of the dinar.

"...and it will determine when and how this step is done based on his experience in his field." If this is true, I hope Turki picks a life line.

Turki is Maliki's hand puppet. Is Maliki finally realizing he is in an extremely perilous position and ready to be pushed off the cliff at Dictator's Point? Will revaluing the currency make him a hero again in the eyes of the people? Or has the IMF and US had their come to Jesus moment with Maliki and leading him around by the collar telling him what is going to take place and when? We, the IMF and US will let you, Maliki, save face and stay in office until the end of your term, but here is the only condition ........ behave. The Iran counterfeiting is openly exposed as we saw this morning and is probably coming to a close, so what does Maliki have to offer Iran? More sand and camels?

No matter the questions, this looks wonderful. Right now I would sell my first born, if I had one, to sit in the IMF meeting in Jordan today and just take it all in.

Enorrste:
It seems evident now that the World Bank/IMF/UN have put significant pressure on Maliki to keep his hands out of the issue. Notice also that the Finance Committee of PARLIAMENT has stepped back to the forefront where they belong. The article that we read the other night in which the World Bank stated unequivocally that the GOI was to stay out of the business of the CBI obviously carried some weight. Then it was backed up the next day by the IMF and the UN reminded the GOI that Iraq is still under Chapter VII, meaning that the UN can step in any time it wants. Add to that, finally, the fact that US troops are now back in Iraq and you can see that the "squeeze play" on Maliki is beginning to bear fruit.

Recall also that we are aware that a contract was signed last September. The CBI is committed to this process and I believe it will be shown shortly that this recent debacle is only a temporary setback. I also believe that January 1 is a key date.'

ReVbo:
"the central bank governor received authorization to raise the price of the dinar safety of the dollar..."

What I like most about this statement is, there's absolutely nothing l-word-ish about it. Usually, these kind of statements are qualified with some kind of "delete three zeros" or "mbangamesh" gobbledygook nonsense nearby that seems like it was only tossed in there to mess with our heads. Nothing like that in this article. Raise the value. Plain. Simple. Straightforward. Now, freakin' do it, Turki.

Last Edited by Revbo™ on 12/13/2012 02:33 PM

ReVbo™

User ID: 29829626
United States
12/13/2012 10:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
tlar:
As far as the term "market demands" goes, I concede that this could mean a float. I don't think so though. That term could also mean that the market now demands a stronger dinar. The study in 2008 that was done for the CBI specifically states that the CBI could support the dinar at $1.13. It also suggests that they hold it at that rate and support it for 2 years before they let it go to a float and let it drift to wherever it is to go. The test that the IMF requested of the CBI through 2009 was to do the exact same thing. Hold the rate at 1170. Don't let it flutuate up or down. Shabibi appeared to be following this plan to a T until Maliki waylaid not only the plan but Shabibi himself. The IMF supported this plan back in 2008 and I believe they are still behind it, albeit a little more cautious due to the problems with Maliki and the government. I said yesterday that I believe that our Treasury and the IMF are the driving force behind the CBI. I also think that there are many articles that support this supposition. I think they, the IMF and our Treasury, also got shocked by the sudden unexpected release of Shabibi just as we were. It came out of left field. My personal belieif, (sorry guys if anyone else thinks I should go to another site) , is that they will test the support level of the dinar before it is ever released to float in the market. I believe this in particular because at best, Turki is an unknown. Moving the auctions to the other banks, backing the LOC's by the CBI, the CBI being charged with the timing and the amount all suggest to me that this will be a fixed movement in the program rate.. These are my thoughts only. No one has an absolute lock on when or how or how much any currency change will be. Certainly not me. If I'm off base then so be it. Speculation is just that. It is speculation. I think I will stay on this site unless Kap asks me to go.

ReVbo™

User ID: 29829626
United States
12/13/2012 11:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
Bondlady:
in our last chat we did i talked a little bit about a rumor/intel
about the new money supposedly was printed at the 1st of november and was shipped in the last part of november, most know i usually will never do that but as our research took us to many parts of the world, i found there was a great possibility of some truth to this and we shared a small portion of what we knew and all this week and last we've saw the cbi and the new proxy gov or whatever you want to call him in shabibis absence,making monetary changes and laws getting passed with the blessings of the gov. as there was much bad blood between the gov and shabibi,when we 1st heard of the arrest warrents put out on shabibi we found it just too hard to believe and i had to make extensive calls to verify that and get foreign opinons on why which i told you all about ,many had said they didn't like shabibis policy that he was set to go to slow on making the dinar worth more or was going to go lower than there expectations or possibly just rd or lop and from the ones i spoke too the majority said they believd that when the 000 's came off the currency the currency would go back to what it was before they were put on restrictions,the new cbi/gov
has a good working relationship with the government and they have been saying yes to just about everything he has said and hey if its gonna bring on our rv faster than when shabibi had the reigns then i'm all for it and we can all move on with our lives

[BondLady] Of cases of financial corruption ... Storage 7 trucks for the new coin in the central bank since 2005 A source familiar that issues of financial corruption too many in the Central Bank Governor Sinan al-Shabibi, the source told Voice of the Iraqi community, said the bank had a deal receiving coin new, were received from Safwan in Basra province in 2005, and was composed of 7 trucks filled coin, which could reach billions, were received that money, but when you get to the city of Baghdad, have been attacking trucks by terrorists, and after the battle claimed the lives of three members of protection they both cream and Fred and judgments Mandalawi, and seized terrorists on three trucks from seven .After investigation and not use the currency, gang were arrested and three trucks responded to the central bank, and added to the four trucks and such money remained up to this moment in the warehouses of the Central Bank were not used in Iraq.The source said that the coin-class fifty dinars and a hundred and fifty dinars, and wondered how much money went to the work of this currency, and did not benefit the Iraqi people [link to www.iraaqi.co...=1#.UMkeE-PjnYE]

[Shredd] "and such money remained up to this moment in the warehouses of the Central Bank were not used in Iraq", up to this moment

[BondLady] will they release the new money soon or hold it longer and risk terrorist or criminals hijacking it or stealing from it and losing out on the millons of dollars it cost to print it by theft and robbing the people of it, will they ? ... i think they are about too IMO and i feel like we have some great things about to happen for iraq and for us
the news just gets better and better everyday now that the cbi and the gov are working together and soon we shall see article 140 done and the hcl as well and that will hopefully take us and them on out of ch 7 ,so in closing i thank all my team for the countless hours they have given to each of us and all the research it takes to do one of our massive chats... i hope you all understand and enjoy our work we do for you here at our corner.... ty all

Last Edited by Revbo™ on 12/14/2012 12:08 AM

calin

United States
12/14/2012 09:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks ReVbo!
Jumada

User ID: 27137619
United Kingdom
12/14/2012 09:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
the FIA is getting prepped and ready for Iraq as soon as Syria falls

FIA = FREE IRAQI ARMY

FIA + FSA to destroy Iraqi democracy

like syrian economy the iraqi will be destroyed
Renegade (Me too)

User ID: 28510817
United States
12/14/2012 09:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks ReVbo!
 Quoting: calin

smile_kiss
February? Just in time for the higher capital gains taxes?
Who is John Galt?
ReVbo™

United States
12/14/2012 03:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
tlar:
I'm not absolutely sure but it looks to me that this article says two things. The first is a confirmation that it was the difference between the street rate and the program rate that created the massive selling of dollars. We already knew this. Whether or not Shabibi planned this or he just took advantage of this condition, it was a good thing for Iraq and it was not illegal. I've said all of this before and now this article confirms it. Personally I believe Shabibi took advantage of the situation when it came about. I believe this because he could have at anytime defended the exchange rate with 67 billion in reserves. Most countries operate under a requirement by the IMF as fractional reserves, meaning they have to have only a fraction of the money in cash in their bank to cover the money they have in the streets as loans. Generally this can be as little as 10% upto as much as 20% depending on the country and the specific bank. Iraq has their dinars covered at almost three times the value of the dinars out, just sitting in the bank, and at 67 billion in reserves they could have easily defended any exchange rate by putting a premium on the dinar. So for me, this disparity in the street rate and the program rate was never adequately defended and therefore I think Shabibi, being as intelligent as he is took advantage and bought as much dinar as anyone wanted to sell. Remember he even went beyond the auctions when he allowed the banks to sell up to $5000 dollars at a time to anyone wanting to sell their dinars which was a total reversal for him.

The second thing this article seems to imply is that they are expecting that with the recent announcement of the CBI being authorized to raise the dinar, that the demand for the dinar will go up significantly while reducing the auction sales of USD, which also supports the premise that as the dinar goes down, USD sales go up. As the dinar goes up, USD sales go down. They already stirred the currency markets up by announcing they will increase the dinar. People in Iraq are starting to quickly turn their dollars back into dinar to hopefully benifit from a stronger dinar. Somebody on this site asked, "why would they announce this in advance". I think the above article shows why. If you were sitting on a bunch of Euros and you lived in Greese and you just heard an announcement that USD was about to jump in price against your Euro, what would you do? Personally I would liquidate all my holdings and put them in USD to take advantage of the expected price increase.. It's the same thing in Iraq with the one exception that the dinar is their native currency. So the bank's cause and effect is being played out just as I said yesterday. IMHO they will raise the value in the next week to two weeks. Just before the end of the year. I believe the jump in terms of a return for those in Iraq smart enough to see what is happening will be significant. A return of anything 20% or more is significant. Currency dealers love this kind of helter skelter in their markets because they make money every time anyone buys or sells a currency. They will profit the most as they buy up all the dollars in Iraq at a discount after just having sold those same dollars in the last couple of months at a premium..

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29215748
United States
12/14/2012 03:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
tlar:
I'm not absolutely sure but it looks to me that this article says two things. The first is a confirmation that it was the difference between the street rate and the program rate that created the massive selling of dollars. We already knew this. Whether or not Shabibi planned this or he just took advantage of this condition, it was a good thing for Iraq and it was not illegal. I've said all of this before and now this article confirms it. Personally I believe Shabibi took advantage of the situation when it came about. I believe this because he could have at anytime defended the exchange rate with 67 billion in reserves. Most countries operate under a requirement by the IMF as fractional reserves, meaning they have to have only a fraction of the money in cash in their bank to cover the money they have in the streets as loans. Generally this can be as little as 10% upto as much as 20% depending on the country and the specific bank. Iraq has their dinars covered at almost three times the value of the dinars out, just sitting in the bank, and at 67 billion in reserves they could have easily defended any exchange rate by putting a premium on the dinar. So for me, this disparity in the street rate and the program rate was never adequately defended and therefore I think Shabibi, being as intelligent as he is took advantage and bought as much dinar as anyone wanted to sell. Remember he even went beyond the auctions when he allowed the banks to sell up to $5000 dollars at a time to anyone wanting to sell their dinars which was a total reversal for him.

The second thing this article seems to imply is that they are expecting that with the recent announcement of the CBI being authorized to raise the dinar, that the demand for the dinar will go up significantly while reducing the auction sales of USD, which also supports the premise that as the dinar goes down, USD sales go up. As the dinar goes up, USD sales go down. They already stirred the currency markets up by announcing they will increase the dinar. People in Iraq are starting to quickly turn their dollars back into dinar to hopefully benifit from a stronger dinar. Somebody on this site asked, "why would they announce this in advance". I think the above article shows why. If you were sitting on a bunch of Euros and you lived in Greese and you just heard an announcement that USD was about to jump in price against your Euro, what would you do? Personally I would liquidate all my holdings and put them in USD to take advantage of the expected price increase.. It's the same thing in Iraq with the one exception that the dinar is their native currency. So the bank's cause and effect is being played out just as I said yesterday. IMHO they will raise the value in the next week to two weeks. Just before the end of the year. I believe the jump in terms of a return for those in Iraq smart enough to see what is happening will be significant. A return of anything 20% or more is significant. Currency dealers love this kind of helter skelter in their markets because they make money every time anyone buys or sells a currency. They will profit the most as they buy up all the dollars in Iraq at a discount after just having sold those same dollars in the last couple of months at a premium..
 Quoting: ReVbo™

if they don't raise it "in the next two weeks" will you delete this thread?

lol - your really the only posting anymore.

Okie says hi
ReVbo™

United States
12/14/2012 04:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
Authorized the Central Bank of Iraq province raised the price of the Iraqi dinar against the U.S. dollar.

The bank said in a statement that as part of the keenness and the pursuit of the Central Bank of Iraq in the development of his tools in the monetary policy and support the national economy stable market took the bank's board a number of decisions.

The decision came within authorized Iraqi Central Bank Governor the power to reduce the sale price of the U.S. dollar and currently amounting to 1179 dinars to the dollar to enhance the value of the Iraqi dinar and the requirements of the market.

The statement did not reveal the new proposed price of the dollar against the Iraqi dinar also did not specify a time limit for the implementation of the mechanism for lifting the price of the Iraqi dinar.

The decision came after a few weeks of the withdrawal by the Iraqi Central Bank Governor Sinan al-Shabibi and the prime BSA Abdul Basit Turki to serve as governor of the bank.

The price of Iraqi dinar has been stable since 2008 and so far at the exchange rate ranged between 1170 to 1200 Iraqi dinars per dollar

--

Munsoned

User ID: 27143553
United States
12/18/2012 11:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
Talabani is dead!

Thread: BREAKING : Iraq President Jalal Talabani HAS DIED !!!
Freedom requires breathing room, the Constitution presupposes that there will be some crazies among us so that the rest of us can enjoy freedom. - Judge Andrew Napolitano

A huge shit cloud is coming!
Renegade (Me too)

User ID: 28510817
United States
12/18/2012 11:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
What do you think about this gal who keeps posting on dinar gurus?

12-17-2012 Intel Guru TerryK wow, do i have news...i have a gag order, no crap, if that tells you anything... i do have some hot frickin news...i have had 1 visit from my guests here in the hotel and i have gotten like a dozen calls saying you better not.

Read more: [link to www.dinarguru.com]
Who is John Galt?
Munsoned

User ID: 27143553
United States
12/18/2012 01:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
So what's the time frame now? I've kinda been out of the loop. I have thousands in medical bills and my cars engine just blew. Now would be a great time for an RV.

RVB
Freedom requires breathing room, the Constitution presupposes that there will be some crazies among us so that the rest of us can enjoy freedom. - Judge Andrew Napolitano

A huge shit cloud is coming!
ReVbo™

User ID: 30478029
United States
12/20/2012 08:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
What do you think about this gal who keeps posting on dinar gurus?

12-17-2012 Intel Guru TerryK wow, do i have news...i have a gag order, no crap, if that tells you anything... i do have some hot frickin news...i have had 1 visit from my guests here in the hotel and i have gotten like a dozen calls saying you better not.

Read more: [link to www.dinarguru.com]
 Quoting: Renegade (Me too)

That guy (girl?), TerryK, is full of shit.

Sorry, Munsoned. I've been out of touch for a few days. No idea about timing, as usual. Sorry to hear about your recent unpleasantness.

Talabani having a stroke/heart attack is definitely a curve ball. I don't know how this affects us, or if it does. One thing I find about stepping away for a few days. It doesn't matter in the least whether I follow this or not. I'm always going to be just as confused as the day I got involved in it. It's really just a history lesson in real time at this point.

ReVbo™

User ID: 30725682
United States
12/24/2012 09:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
I got two "'bout damn time"s today. The opposition in Parliament is threatening riots if Maliki doesn't release the security team of his former Finance minister, and the US is threatening to release evidence of Maliki's corruption.

[link to dinarvets.com]

"...noting that "the embassy threatened to withdraw support political, economic and military for Baghdad." The source noted to "secretary Ambassador told Maliki's office that the embassy will reveal all the files of corruption of their existing toll, which six years, involving senior officials, documented recordings of telephone calls" useful "The embassy also threatened that the United States will increase protection for Iraqi funds at the World Bank ". The source said that "the embassy is deeply concerned about what is happening in the country, and political conflict erupted into serious ranges."

Iraqi gave the government 24 hours to release the detainees, otherwise there will be consequences in the street

ReVbo™

User ID: 30725682
United States
12/24/2012 10:19 AM
Report Abusive Post

12-24-12 SWFloridaGuy: Only 3 days ago an amazing video was released!! This excellent video is in regards to the troubled global economy and how Iraq may serve as a fulcrum in its recovery. The video released by AlJazeera (one of the more trusted news agencies) states that Iraq is emerging as one of the most stable economic countries and that they will be one of the major booming countries in the region. The video also says that Iraqis are looking forward to the day when they will see the results of all that investment money and closes by saying that it's only a matter of how quick the GOI will recover and that Iraq will be one of the major booming economies in that area. This video confirms much of what we've suspected to be the case for quite some time.

calin

United States
12/25/2012 10:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
wow Revbo!
seeker2  (OP)

User ID: 1121687
United States
12/26/2012 10:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
Great posts, Revbo, the good news being that we are closer to an RV than we have ever been. All things considered. Hoping it would transpire before the new year, but doesn't look at this point like its going to happen. sk

Having fun in Hawaii, limited internet, back in Thailand on Jan 11th, keep up the good work all.
calin

United States
12/26/2012 10:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
12-26-12 BlueDog (*********): I will be happy to answer your question. While the GOI and everything and everyone in Iraq appears more corrupt, greedy and historically inept than our own U.S. Government --- please let us not forget that it was not that long ago in the Bush/Cheney invasion era that the UNSC sanctioned Iraq and therefore took their currency off the world markets. I doubt I have to remind you of the value of one dinar to one USD prior to that time.

There is also little doubt Iraq is one of the richest natural asset countries on earth --- oil, natural gas, gold, diamonds, etc. While the sectarian and religious factions in Iraq argue over power, greed, corruption, control, and everything else -- please remember this has been an ongoing problem for many centuries there.

Also remember the ruling elite are similar to the 1%'ers in our own country in that we have to seriously question their true concern or regard for the 99% of the population. The elite are already wealthy and secure for life.

The incentive to act quickly on behalf of the very people they "rule" may be lacking. But back to the currency and asset issue: regardless of how long it takes to revalue the IQD in whatever way they elect, there can be little argument the IQD does not have the actual asset wealth to back the currency (which the USD does not have) and if Iraq wishes to rebuild the country.

To become a member of the WTO and be an elite member of the Arab world they will have to meet the UNSC requirements to be removed from Chapter 7 sanctions and then be ascended back to the WTO and while all of this is occurring Iraq MUST reacquire a currency which is accepted by the world exchanges and has a value to support their budgets and rebuild the infrastructure of the torn country. That new value might arguably be at or near the value of the IQD/USD.

The "evidence" for a global reset is the intuitive, known reality that the world financial system is broken. 600 trillion USD of toxic credit default swaps marked back to original cost by the Obama/NASB slight of hand accounting rules last year allowed the banks to survive temporarily ---- but these toix assets are still owned by the banks and lenders and will have to be dealt with in some way to avoid the world financial total collapse.

Fact is....there are NO FACTS that we will ever be told until such time as the global currency reset occurs. I am a professional currency trader and I do get to read a lot of institutional material --- and I can assure you Wall Street cares nothing about Main Street and the 1% care nothing (most of them) about the 99%.

BUT ----- if the global financial system has a systemic failure, even the super rich will find themselves in a desperate situation along with all of us. Whatever currency they hold will devalue as the financial system implodes.

Our UST has more than 16 trillion USD debt. Our Federal Reserve Board (after the recent GAO audit revealed) has more than 16 trillion "fiat money" loaned out to U.S. and foreign entities --- which on the Fed balance sheet is a LIABILITY in reality because it cannot and will not ever be repaid.

I have NO affiliation with any currency dealer or IQD broker or sales entity. We trade currencies and the S&P futures market heavily each day for our own accounts --- not attached to any Wall Street firm. My personal group of 3 traders own about 100 mil IQD -- so that must suggest I think we have a good shot at this.

From what I ave been told China has a huge vested interest in the IQD and also has quietly bought many of the banks in Vietnam. Vietnam is an agricultural country that is slowly growing in GDP and their VND is presumed to be a vital part of the global reset.

Here is the essence of all of this. Because Iraq is the ONLY country with the required asset base to tolerate a serious currency revaluation back to pre 2003 levels it becomes necessary for the IQD to be the main currency in any global reset.

Some debts will be "forgiven" and many will be repaid. IF we do not have a leveling playing field event ---- none of this will matter to any country. Most central banks and wealthy investors do own the IQD and VND --- I am told. When the U.S. and the UNSC and the IMF finally apply enough pressure on Iraq -- we will see the RV occur. Not before.

China, Japan, the UK, the EU, the U.S. are ALL in serious financial strife now. Even the Russian Federation has serious problems. And we all know about Greece, Italy, Portugal, Spain, etc. etc. They are hanging on from loans from the ECB and the WB and the IMF. By the way, you know the UST has for years been the main funding component of the UN and the IMF.

No disrespect here, but none of these talking heads and spin doctors know anything about the inner workings of the world financial system. It is complex and controlled far beyond imagination. BUT I would ask you this: DO YOU TRULY BELIEVE THE WORLD POWERS ARE GOING TO ALLOW THE ENTIRE GLOBAL FINANCIAL SYSTEM TO FAIL ?

Almost all of the world currencies are FIAT money backed by nothing more than faith, hope and past performance. The 600 trillion toxic, worthless derivatives have in one giant step pretty much wiped out decades of hard work. There is not enough money in the entire solar system to retire that much debt.

SO ------ we either accept the notion that the world financial governing bodies (primarily the U.S.) are working toward a solution ------ or we are left with the notion that we will eventually face an entire world monetary collapse. IF they are working toward a solution that suggests a heretofore unique global event in which currencies and debts and all playing fields MUST be resolved and we begin a new world monetary order.

Despite all the sword rattling and left wing nonsense put out by the media --- the U.S is still the world's strongest, most feared, and most respected nation. We are the world leader and we will be the catalyst for survival monetarily.

DATE & RATE ------ I wish I knew. NO ONE KNOWS right now --- but it is being worked on every week as best we can without another outright invasion of Iraq and toss Maliki in the trash can. Remember, we put Maliki in power and backed him.

Now we are realizing that was a mistake. But we have to live with it until Obama decides what he will do eventually. Barack Obama (whether we like him or not) is THE MOST SINGLE POWERFUL POLITICAL PERSON in the world.

Just ONE of our nuclear carriers from the 5th fleet could eliminate Iran in 72 hours. They know this. Why do you think we have not been hearing much from Iran in the news lately? Despite military budget cutbacks ---- we have by far the most advanced technilogically military in the world. Russia, China, Iran ---- they know this.

I guess we have said enough. I and my group are with you in wanting this mess to end as soon as humanly possible. Of course we do. When Iraq feels sufficient pressure from us and the UN and the IMF ------ it will happen. I would personally like to see Iraq under limited sanctions from the U.S. again ---- but that is unlikely. Iraq owes the U.S. and the IMF many billions USD.

And we still have frozen at the Fed Reserve Bank of NY more than 800 bil USD belonging to Iraq which were frozen under Bush/Cheney. Anyone who wishes to ask a specific, reasonable question can email me personally through The Trade Desk at [email protected]

Privacy is of their serious concern. I realize well this has been a frustrating, long overdue event. We are all annoyed and agitated by the never ending delays and excuses. But we are dealing with a 5000 year old culture and unless you have spent time there it is difficult to understand their thinking and behavior.

GLP