Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,761 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 842,090
Pageviews Today: 1,378,746Threads Today: 543Posts Today: 8,715
02:27 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

make chewy crusty artisan BREAD with 5 minutes of your time! seriously! and cheap!

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22338873
United States
08/27/2012 10:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: make chewy crusty artisan BREAD with 5 minutes of your time! seriously! and cheap!
Add about a tablespoon of brown sugar for extra tasty bread! no lies it gives the bread a lil more flavor and its better than white sugar please dont use white sugar or you will ruin it.
aNONaMITTy

User ID: 9834739
United States
08/27/2012 10:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: make chewy crusty artisan BREAD with 5 minutes of your time! seriously! and cheap!
OP you forgot to add these WARNINGS LOL

It is so good you will eat too much and get fat.

You will not be able to go back to store bread.

You will buy much more real butter.

Your neighbors will smell it cooking and stop by more often.

Your family members will start to expect some to take home.

You will start to neglect other food groups.

You will pass up happy hr. for a piece of toast.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 22615909

lol All true. There is nothing better than homemade bread.
"We are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of dreams." Willy Wonka
aNONaMITTy

United States
08/27/2012 10:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
PINKY--THIS SOUNDS AWESOME AND I LOVED THE VIDEO!
BUT I AM ALERGIC TO WHEAT GLUTEN!
DO YOU KNOW OF ANYOTHER FLOURS I COULD USE TO MAKE THIS BREAD--LIKE RICE, GARBANZA, OAT,ETC???
 Quoting: 7777StarBorn

Research sourdough . and the benfits of a long knead time. you will learn that it is not the wheat or the gluten that bothers you. rather it is our quick commercial way of making bread products and grain products. fast does not equal better
 Quoting: anonymous coward 7338912

I didn't know this. Thanks. Also, according to Ayurveda, your body type makes a difference. For my body type, I can eat wheat once in a while but not daily.
aNONaMITTy

United States
08/27/2012 10:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
You are so awesome...I just made my first loaf of rosemary/parmesan and it is amazing! Olive bread is happening next...can't believe I used to pay $5/loaf for this!!!!! I didn't fold it properly so it looks like a giant ass, but still tastes sublime!

[link to i1251.photobucket.com]

Quoting: Anonymous Coward User ID: 15807090

Okay, now that made my mouth water! That looks soooooo good.
2 thumbs up!!!!

Last Edited by ERE3 on 08/27/2012 10:22 PM
pink cat  (OP)

User ID: 22628293
United States
08/27/2012 11:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
PINKY--THIS SOUNDS AWESOME AND I LOVED THE VIDEO!
BUT I AM ALERGIC TO WHEAT GLUTEN!
DO YOU KNOW OF ANYOTHER FLOURS I COULD USE TO MAKE THIS BREAD--LIKE RICE, GARBANZA, OAT,ETC???
 Quoting: 7777StarBorn

Research sourdough . and the benfits of a long knead time. you will learn that it is not the wheat or the gluten that bothers you. rather it is our quick commercial way of making bread products and grain products. fast does not equal better
 Quoting: anonymous coward 7338912

I didn't know this. Thanks. Also, according to Ayurveda, your body type makes a difference. For my body type, I can eat wheat once in a while but not daily.
 Quoting: aNONaMITTy

yes true. my dominant dosha is vata. so comfort food is a good thing for me as i have the temperament of a toy poodle and need some grounding.
🦋
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23941261
Ireland
09/24/2012 03:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
You are so awesome...I just made my first loaf of rosemary/parmesan and it is amazing! Olive bread is happening next...can't believe I used to pay $5/loaf for this!!!!! I didn't fold it properly so it looks like a giant ass, but still tastes sublime!

Quoting: aNONaMITTy

yummy!!
pink cat  (OP)

User ID: 27153316
United States
11/08/2012 12:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
i am putting this up here again because my membership runs out today so i am using my karma points to pin some positive stuff.

make bread!
love to all :)
🦋
Blue Skies

User ID: 19168576
United States
11/08/2012 12:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
I know this thread is a year old. But am glad that it was revived. I printed up the recipe. Thanks Pink.
:kitten on fence:
suzkpa

User ID: 26641868
United States
11/08/2012 12:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks so much! I'm going to try it. Been making bread 30 years but never this way. Good thinking :)
Next to your deeper fears we stand surrounded by a million years-YES
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27311247
United Kingdom
11/08/2012 01:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
I like this thread... Will make the bread next week.
ExoPoliChick

User ID: 12909685
Canada
11/08/2012 01:20 PM

Report Abusive Post
+++

i have made variations of this recipe where i added cocoa powder and sugar (it's not like a chocolate muffin but more like a biscotti)

i have made a variation where i added raisins, cinnamon and molasses

i have made one where i have throwin in almonds and sesame seeds and dried ruit like figs or dates.
or sometimes just mixed nuts.

i have substituted flour with cream of wheat!
i have done it with a sourdough starter.

you can do 1/2 wheat and half corn flour
or 1/2 wheat and some rye.
anything goes!

just mix it up, let it sit, and bake.
voila.

it's the best thing ever for when you're bugging out to bake some fresh bread. very grounding, comforting, simple, CHEAP, and delicious.

i imagine you could also make this on a campfire or brick oven if if TSHTF.

this recipe makes me so happy, and i hope it will make you happy too!

if you find a new variation on how to make it let me know!

now go do it. right now! :)
 Quoting: Pink Cat with a Telephone Hat

My apologies Pink Cat if this has been asked already....but have you or anyone tried this with spelt flour?

Thanks a bunch, I love this and will make a batch when my boys get home from school...it will be a little science/cooking experiment for them!!

HF
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Resident Led Zeppelin Expert (ask me anything!)

Traveler of both time and space

Fuck Trudeau.

mRNA-Free and Proud.

"The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.' ~ Chris Hitchens
ExoPoliChick

User ID: 12909685
Canada
11/08/2012 01:22 PM

Report Abusive Post
I have news for you, waste of time. If you eat wheat bread you're going to make yourself lose money/nutrients/health.

Wheat contains gluten, gluten impairs the body's ability to absorb nutrients.

Try using Quinoa, Almond, Amaranth, or Rice Flour, anything NON-GMO, and wheat free.
 Quoting: SaveAmericaFightNWO

Anyone have any similar recipes using these above flours?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 4781813

yeah, ask any Aztec about Amaranth, contact someone in the Andes for the Quinoa, Almond taste sucks IMHO, and Rice Flour, that's real tasty too. Or you can try one of those specialty over-priced snob-filled exotic health food stores. They can help you.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21982181

I can get organic spelt, quinoa and amaranth flour at the local bulk store.

hf
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Resident Led Zeppelin Expert (ask me anything!)

Traveler of both time and space

Fuck Trudeau.

mRNA-Free and Proud.

"The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.' ~ Chris Hitchens
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27307504
United States
11/08/2012 01:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
Bread is slave food.

Sooner or later, you'll realize the truth.
pink cat  (OP)

User ID: 27153316
United States
11/08/2012 02:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
+++

i have made variations of this recipe where i added cocoa powder and sugar (it's not like a chocolate muffin but more like a biscotti)

i have made a variation where i added raisins, cinnamon and molasses

i have made one where i have throwin in almonds and sesame seeds and dried ruit like figs or dates.
or sometimes just mixed nuts.

i have substituted flour with cream of wheat!
i have done it with a sourdough starter.

you can do 1/2 wheat and half corn flour
or 1/2 wheat and some rye.
anything goes!

just mix it up, let it sit, and bake.
voila.

it's the best thing ever for when you're bugging out to bake some fresh bread. very grounding, comforting, simple, CHEAP, and delicious.

i imagine you could also make this on a campfire or brick oven if if TSHTF.

this recipe makes me so happy, and i hope it will make you happy too!

if you find a new variation on how to make it let me know!

now go do it. right now! :)

My apologies Pink Cat if this has been asked already....but have you or anyone tried this with spelt flour?

Thanks a bunch, I love this and will make a batch when my boys get home from school...it will be a little science/cooking experiment for them!!

HF
 Quoting: ExoPoliChick

i haven't yet. but i do have some spelt! i think i might sprout it first and make a sprouted bread :)
🦋
bread lover
User ID: 27237848
United States
11/08/2012 02:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
thanks for a useful post!!
duke
User ID: 16829525
United States
11/08/2012 02:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
this bread is great been making for years this way add a teaspoon of sugar to recipe and use a guinness beer in stead of the water and before you put it in the oven egg wash the top sprinkle with large sea salt and oatmeal all over the top and you have beer bread to dye for
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1667343
United States
11/08/2012 02:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
I've tried a couple variations that don't require 24 hours... but now I will try yours :-)

Any words of advice regarding the substitution of cream of wheat? Did you cook the cereal first or use it dry? Is it a 1 for 1 substitution?
duke
User ID: 16829525
United States
11/08/2012 02:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
1to1 and dry
DoomRunner

User ID: 25143006
United States
11/08/2012 02:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4859403
United States
11/08/2012 03:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have made several loaves of this since this was posted a while back...have done a few loaves of olive bread and I just have to say I love this recipe!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26487248
United States
11/08/2012 03:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
wtf...."wait 24 hours"???...I wanted that shit NOW!
 Quoting: SHR

take 4 minutes of your time and go start a batch now!
this time tomorrow it'll be in your mouth!

Hehe hehe, you said "batch". beavis
Sensei
User ID: 8774572
Denmark
11/08/2012 03:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thank you soo much! It should be done tomorrow in time for my joint! banana2banana2
No Dhimmi

User ID: 18280111
United States
11/08/2012 03:44 PM

Report Abusive Post
bump
ALL relevant scriptures that include a time factor prove no pre-trib rapture. Over 50 verses! Kindle Edition only 99 CENTS! Biblical Eschatological “Time-Stamps” Relevant to the Last Day/Days (Amazon)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26910686
United States
11/08/2012 04:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks so much! I'm going to try it. Been making bread 30 years but never this way. Good thinking :)
 Quoting: suzkpa

How do you make your home-made bread?
DT2

User ID: 1587650
United States
11/08/2012 05:04 PM

Report Abusive Post
Awesome! Thanks for reviving the thread. I've been wanting to try this for a while.

hf
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified."
STARLING

User ID: 27329611
United States
11/08/2012 05:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
I saved this a while ago looks great, although I still haven't made it. Maybe over thanksgiving weekend. Thanks.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18506188
United Kingdom
11/08/2012 05:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
get a bowl. throw in 3 cups of flour
1 3/4ths cup of warm water
1/4 tsp yeast
1 1/4ths tsp salt

After we throw the flour in, do we chuck it in the oven? LOL.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27086369
United States
11/08/2012 06:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
You wait that long so that the symbiotic relationship between the lactic acid bacteria and naturally occurring yeast can ferment (sourdough) the flour to unlock all the minerals that are normally trapped in the grain itself and to get rid of hard- to- digest gluten proteins found in the normal bread
my2centsworth

User ID: 5382682
Canada
11/08/2012 06:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: suzkpa

I too have made bread for over 30 years, but never without any oil or lard or butter... It would seem to me that this bread would be much like a faccia bread, with it's big air bubbles, delicious when it's fresh .. but dry when it's a day old.
Is that right?

Have you ever used left over soup -EDIT- put through the blender -END EDIT- instead of straight water.. that is something I would do sometimes, when making bread the old fashioned way (for want of a better description) and it makes for a wonderful side with your meal. Not so great with peanut butter though. I have a feeling it would work well with your recipe.

I'm going to give your recipe a whirl! Then I’ll start to play with it a bit after I’m comfortable with what it should feel like and act like.

Thanks OP.. I must have missed this thread in August, so I'm glad you revived it again.

Last Edited by my2centsworth on 11/08/2012 06:12 PM
tcs
User ID: 25663025
Canada
11/16/2012 01:23 AM
Report Abusive Post
Bumping this thread for those who may not have seen it yet.

I baked a loaf today and I'm making a couple more tonoight for neighbors.

Not only does this bread taste great but it doesn't have all the additives/preservatives that store bought bread has.

bump

GLP