Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,266 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 98,785
Pageviews Today: 154,734Threads Today: 67Posts Today: 918
01:40 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

make chewy crusty artisan BREAD with 5 minutes of your time! seriously! and cheap!

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21982181
United States
08/25/2012 11:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: make chewy crusty artisan BREAD with 5 minutes of your time! seriously! and cheap!
damn I got all excited but don't have any yeast in the house.
:(
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/25/2012 11:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: make chewy crusty artisan BREAD with 5 minutes of your time! seriously! and cheap!
bread causes inflammation and diseases
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1537859

^^^
 Quoting: SaveAmericaFightNWO

you're a brainwashed idiot. Is that you FLOTUS?
SaveAmericaFightNWO

User ID: 19096721
United States
08/25/2012 11:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
This is great!!!! I'm going to try this!!

5 stars and Karma for you!!!
 Quoting: Jujubees

she gave you a recipe that will rob your body of vital nutrients and you 5 star her? karma?

wth..
"what would you do if you, knew all the things we knew. Would you stand up for truth, or would you turn and walk away"
SaveAmericaFightNWO

United States
08/25/2012 11:17 PM
Report Abusive Post

^^^

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21982181

you want to clarify that for us genius...? gluten impairs the body's ability to absorb vital nutrients. how am I brainwashed for knowing basic facts that you don't know? Wouldn't that make you brainwashed, cause you're in denial and attack the messenger? I think it does!
"what would you do if you, knew all the things we knew. Would you stand up for truth, or would you turn and walk away"
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4781813
United States
08/25/2012 11:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have news for you, waste of time. If you eat wheat bread you're going to make yourself lose money/nutrients/health.

Wheat contains gluten, gluten impairs the body's ability to absorb nutrients.

Try using Quinoa, Almond, Amaranth, or Rice Flour, anything NON-GMO, and wheat free.

Anyone have any similar recipes using these above flours?
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/25/2012 11:25 PM
Report Abusive Post

^^^

you want to clarify that for us genius...? gluten impairs the body's ability to absorb vital nutrients. how am I brainwashed for knowing basic facts that you don't know? Wouldn't that make you brainwashed, cause you're in denial and attack the messenger? I think it does!

First of all, we're not hear for an eternity, we're only passing through so I really don't give a shit. You want to live to 100? For most people it sucks and there's at least 20 years of suffering.

Secondly, my family all ate things like this and lived into their 80's, 90's and 100. So...
s226
Adventus Domini

User ID: 22572483
United States
08/25/2012 11:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
5 stars-- best thread ever.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/25/2012 11:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have news for you, waste of time. If you eat wheat bread you're going to make yourself lose money/nutrients/health.

Try using Quinoa, Almond, Amaranth, or Rice Flour, anything NON-GMO, and wheat free.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 4781813

yeah, ask any Aztec about Amaranth, contact someone in the Andes for the Quinoa, Almond taste sucks IMHO, and Rice Flour, that's real tasty too. Or you can try one of those specialty over-priced snob-filled exotic health food stores. They can help you.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5843389
United States
08/26/2012 12:26 AM
Report Abusive Post

1st off, this started on NY times a few years back.
a completely new way to make bread with NO KNEADING.
if you love those round crusty french bread types of artisian breads, hot out of the oven and you have no time.
THIS is a recipe for you!

here is the recipe from the nyt:
[link to www.nytimes.com]

above is a video on how to make it.

i have experimented with very many versions of this bread and it's practically impossible to screw it up and i have even simplified it from the nyt one.

all you will need is a dutch oven (like a big 4 quart metal pot you make stew in)

get a bowl. throw in 3 cups of flour
1 3/4ths cup of warm water
1/4 tsp yeast
1 1/4ths tsp salt

mix that all up with your hands. do it fast you don't need to be perfect about it.
cover the bowl with saran wrap!
that's it then.

let it sit somewhere warmish for around 24 hours. it really doesn't matter too much if it's 18 hours or 23 hours. just somewhere in there. i like to do 24 because it's easy to remember.

the next day, preheat your oven to 450 F. with the pot IN the oven heating with it. this is an important step because when you pour your dough into the pot then it kind of seals it immediately and stops it from sticking.

you will need then something else to stop the bread from sticking to the pan. so throw in at the bottom of the pan in a good covered layer some corn meal, or oatmeal, or muesli, or any course type grain you want on your bread. sesame seeds, poppy seeds whatever.

take the HOT pot out of the oven and with a spatula just get the dough from the bowl (that's been sitting around for a day bubbling with yeasty tasty goodness) in there fast. don't make a big ordeal about it. don't worry if it's shaped funny, it will all even out when it cooks.

bake it with the lid on for 45 minutes
then take lid off and bake another 10 or 15.

that's it. it's should pop straight out of your pot onto the counter to cool!

+++

i have made variations of this recipe where i added cocoa powder and sugar (it's not like a chocolate muffin but more like a biscotti)

i have made a variation where i added raisins, cinnamon and molasses

i have made one where i have throwin in almonds and sesame seeds and dried ruit like figs or dates.
or sometimes just mixed nuts.

i have substituted flour with cream of wheat!
i have done it with a sourdough starter.

you can do 1/2 wheat and half corn flour
or 1/2 wheat and some rye.
anything goes!

just mix it up, let it sit, and bake.
voila.

it's the best thing ever for when you're bugging out to bake some fresh bread. very grounding, comforting, simple, CHEAP, and delicious.

i imagine you could also make this on a campfire or brick oven if if TSHTF.

this recipe makes me so happy, and i hope it will make you happy too!

if you find a new variation on how to make it let me know!

now go do it. right now! :)
 Quoting: Pink Cat with a Telephone Hat

Thanks for the vid...that's so awesome...just started mine a few minutes ago b/c I was bored and thought this might be fun...bread shouldn't be hard...

[link to s1251.photobucket.com]
KindaDistorted

User ID: 16761062
United States
08/26/2012 12:52 AM
Report Abusive Post

^^^

"It was easy to love God in all that was beautiful.
The lessons of deeper knowledge, though, instructed me to embrace God in all things." St Francis of Assisi

The measure of mental health is the disposition to find good everywhere.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18475264
Canada
08/26/2012 12:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
Nice! I gotta try this!
7777StarBorn

User ID: 22612456
United States
08/26/2012 01:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
PINKY--THIS SOUNDS AWESOME AND I LOVED THE VIDEO!
BUT I AM ALERGIC TO WHEAT GLUTEN!
DO YOU KNOW OF ANYOTHER FLOURS I COULD USE TO MAKE THIS BREAD--LIKE RICE, GARBANZA, OAT,ETC???
anonymous coward
User ID: 7338912
United States
08/26/2012 02:22 AM
Report Abusive Post
wtf...."wait 24 hours"???...I wanted that shit NOW!
 Quoting: SHR

wtf...."wait 24 hours"???...I wanted that shit NOW!
 Quoting: SHR

There are nine pages of replies to this original post and I am sure someone else has said this (or I at least hope so ). the whole issue with bread wheat gluten issues is because everyone "WANTS IT RIGHT NOW".um-Kay.... commercialized yeast was a dietary mistake. in order to make wheat breads digestable you HAVE TO KNEAD IT. if you do not obese the dough to window paning you are not making incomplete proteins available for probiotics in non commercial yeasts (sourdough ... which is fermented probiotic like yogurt ) . it's these incomplete proteins that cause all thi gluten intolerance stuff. the fact that all out food is rushed. I only believe this bread works UN kneaded because you are essentially creating and then baking a full sour. there is NO Rushing good crust and crumb.
anonymous coward
United States
08/26/2012 02:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
DO YOU KNOW OF ANYOTHER FLOURS I COULD USE TO MAKE THIS BREAD--LIKE RICE, GARBANZA, OAT,ETC???
 Quoting: 7777StarBorn

Research sourdough . and the benfits of a long knead time. you will learn that it is not the wheat or the gluten that bothers you. rather it is our quick commercial way of making bread products and grain products. fast does not equal better
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22615909
United States
08/26/2012 02:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
I've tried it 3 times now and all I get is a wet playdo lump of crap. I'm pissed that it won't work for me, what in the he'll am I doing wrong??

You say 3 1/2 cups bread flour - check
You say 1/4 teaspoon quick yeast - check
You say 1 1/2 cups water - check
You say 1 1/4 teaspoon of salt - check

Mix all dry together then add water mix it up and let it sit 24 hours, I did all this and it is just a wet, sticky, mass WTF?? What am I doing wrong here??? ARrrrrrrrg
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 3064678

aw sweety, that is sad, did you use warm water and put it in a warm place?
anonymous. coward
United States
08/26/2012 02:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
I dont know if Australian flour is differnt to yours but when I dumped my dough out onto the bench before putting it in the oven it seemed waywaywaywaywayway too wet and almost runny.
I folded it a couple of times with flour wich made me able to actually pick it up and put it in my hot pot. I will let you know how it turns out.

:)
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 6564826

Flour holds humidity. it makes it wet. on humid days you will need more on dry days less. always 'fluff' your flour first as it compact.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22615909
United States
08/26/2012 02:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
OP you forgot to add these WARNINGS LOL

It is so good you will eat too much and get fat.

You will not be able to go back to store bread.

You will buy much more real butter.

Your neighbors will smell it cooking and stop by more often.

Your family members will start to expect some to take home.

You will start to neglect other food groups.

You will pass up happy hr. for a piece of toast.
SaveAmericaFightNWO

United States
08/26/2012 03:48 AM
Report Abusive Post

^^^

First of all, we're not hear for an eternity, we're only passing through so I really don't give a shit. You want to live to 100? For most people it sucks and there's at least 20 years of suffering.

Secondly, my family all ate things like this and lived into their 80's, 90's and 100. So...
s226

I didn't say you can live forever eating gluten-free, ass. I know you don't give a shit about the vessel you live in, it's obvious by your attitude and your denial.

Yes I want to live to 100 or longer, no I will not live out those last 20 years as you THINK. LIKE YOU WILL (FOR YOU and other people like you, last 20 years WILL SUCK CAUSE YOU DIDN'T TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF NOW)

You have a preconceived notion, that you make excuses for.

Your family didn't eat GMO-wheat. And lots of people died from poor diets in their 30s-40s back in the day for just eating pork and beans, never seeing a green vegetable in their life.

You eating GMO-wheat bread does not equal to you living long , just cause.

And this wasn't my concern, you living long...

My concern was that this is a waste of time to learn to make gluten bread, why deplete your body of nutrients? 80-100 years ago, there were not as many toxins as there is today, so your logic is flawed.
SaveAmericaFightNWO

United States
08/26/2012 03:51 AM
Report Abusive Post

yeah, ask any Aztec about Amaranth, contact someone in the Andes for the Quinoa, Almond taste sucks IMHO, and Rice Flour, that's real tasty too. Or you can try one of those specialty over-priced snob-filled exotic health food stores. They can help you.

Just shut the fuck up! FUCKING KNOW-NOTHING! TROLL!

Almond flour is awesome, you're just a fucking whiny bitch loser that wants others to lose cause you're a fat fucking slob, obviously. You're just a fucking TROLL, A STUPID FUCK!

Last Edited by SaveAmericaFightNWO on 08/26/2012 03:57 AM
pink cat  (OP)

User ID: 22628293
United States
08/26/2012 05:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: 7777StarBorn

no, i don't yet but if i do i'll post them here.
i just bought some amaranth flour last week and am going to experiment with it. :)
🦋
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17560134
United States
08/26/2012 05:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hey Pink Cat. Thanks for the recipe! I just finished putting the dough aside and can't wait to cook it tomorrow. I even went out and bought a dutch oven today!

I think it is hilarious how a bread thread can make some people argue, hahahaha. Nutritional "news" changes all the time, so....

Next time I make it I am going to try 1/2 quinoa, 1/2 organic whole wheat which I grind myself. Have you done this combination? It would cut the gluten obviously and might be more friendly to gluten intolerant peeps. But Idk, it looks absolutely delicious and my husband can not wait to try it!

Thank you! Have a good day!hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 6037459
Canada
08/26/2012 08:20 PM
Report Abusive Post

Almond flour is awesome, you're just a fucking whiny bitch loser that wants others to lose cause you're a fat fucking slob, obviously. You're just a fucking TROLL, A STUPID FUCK!

I do not want what she is having. Maybe you should worry more about what comes out of you, than what goes in. That was so bad.
pink cat  (OP)

United States
08/26/2012 09:40 PM
Report Abusive Post

I do not want what she is having. Maybe you should worry more about what comes out of you, than what goes in. That was so bad.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 6037459

FLOUR WAR! flour doom!
🦋
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15807090
United States
08/26/2012 11:53 PM
Report Abusive Post

if you love those round crusty french bread types of artisian breads, hot out of the oven and you have no time.

i have experimented with very many versions of this bread and it's practically impossible to screw it up and i have even simplified it from the nyt one.

all you will need is a dutch oven (like a big 4 quart metal pot you make stew in)

1/4 tsp yeast
1 1/4ths tsp salt

mix that all up with your hands. do it fast you don't need to be perfect about it.
that's it then.

let it sit somewhere warmish for around 24 hours. it really doesn't matter too much if it's 18 hours or 23 hours. just somewhere in there. i like to do 24 because it's easy to remember.

the next day, preheat your oven to 450 F. with the pot IN the oven heating with it. this is an important step because when you pour your dough into the pot then it kind of seals it immediately and stops it from sticking.

you will need then something else to stop the bread from sticking to the pan. so throw in at the bottom of the pan in a good covered layer some corn meal, or oatmeal, or muesli, or any course type grain you want on your bread. sesame seeds, poppy seeds whatever.

take the HOT pot out of the oven and with a spatula just get the dough from the bowl (that's been sitting around for a day bubbling with yeasty tasty goodness) in there fast. don't make a big ordeal about it. don't worry if it's shaped funny, it will all even out when it cooks.

+++

i have made variations of this recipe where i added cocoa powder and sugar (it's not like a chocolate muffin but more like a biscotti)

i have made one where i have throwin in almonds and sesame seeds and dried ruit like figs or dates.

anything goes!

voila.

it's the best thing ever for when you're bugging out to bake some fresh bread. very grounding, comforting, simple, CHEAP, and delicious.

You are so awesome...I just made my first loaf of rosemary/parmesan and it is amazing! Olive bread is happening next...can't believe I used to pay $5/loaf for this!!!!! I didn't fold it properly so it looks like a giant ass, but still tastes sublime!

[link to i1251.photobucket.com]

TheBiss

User ID: 1501937
United States
08/27/2012 12:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
Or... You can knead that bread and have awesome bread without bigassed gaping holes in it in less than 3 hours...
[link to www.grainmill.coop] - Bulk foods, long term storage solutions
[link to www.CatawbaCoops.com] - Unique A-Frame chicken coop plans
pink cat  (OP)

United States
08/27/2012 10:00 PM
Report Abusive Post

1/4 tsp yeast
1 1/4ths tsp salt

that's it then.

+++

anything goes!

voila.

You are so awesome...I just made my first loaf of rosemary/parmesan and it is amazing! Olive bread is happening next...can't believe I used to pay $5/loaf for this!!!!! I didn't fold it properly so it looks like a giant ass, but still tastes sublime!

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 15807090

yessssss :)))

afroafroafroafroafroafroafroafroafroafro
🦋
pink cat  (OP)

United States
08/27/2012 10:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
Or... You can knead that bread and have awesome bread without bigassed gaping holes in it in less than 3 hours...
 Quoting: TheBiss

what is the grainmillwf.com?

it's like grain mill wtf almost, but not quite.
i am indeed curious.
🦋
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12257174
United States
08/27/2012 10:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
no white flour for me, thanks
pink cat  (OP)

United States
08/27/2012 10:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: TheBiss

what is the grainmillwf.com?

it's like grain mill wtf almost, but not quite.
i am indeed curious.
 Quoting: pink cat

ah i see. this is your company
Thread: GLP: The Grain Mill of Wake Forest could use your help between now and 30Jan12

too bad. i'm always on the lookout for a good place to buy whole grains. i'll be sure to not be buying from you or telling the tens of thousands of people on my mailing list about your products.
way to go.
must be pleasant to work for you.
🦋
pink cat  (OP)

United States
08/27/2012 10:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
no white flour for me, thanks
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 12257174

or you could use your imagination and use a different flour than is shown in the video. let your mind run wild....run free...it can happen
🦋

GLP