Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,242 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 316,082
Pageviews Today: 498,500Threads Today: 183Posts Today: 3,067
05:30 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Doesn't it seem like a self-fulfilling prophecy waiting to happen?

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8584177
United States
01/11/2012 09:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Doesn't it seem like a self-fulfilling prophecy waiting to happen?
All of it. I've spent about 5 hours on here in the last 2 days; seen plenty of interesting tidbits and half-brained nitwits. It's an addicting site, as it provides a platform for anyone with an opinion to post their 'facts' without shame.

Yet, with all the talk about how a doomsday is eminent, how will the population react when yet another deadline passes? It seems that for every failed prediction, the rumors take on a medusa-like quality that regenerate into 2 new predictions as each one is debunked.

That being said, the main prediction is that on December 21st, 2012, something very hard to summarize with one word will occur. The thing is, with this being the consensus among anyone who doubts that we know everything that we SHOULD know, how long will it be after this date occurs that we carry out the prediction out of sheer madness/boredom/frustration?

Don't get me wrong, I want something big to change this world. Everything (especially in the U.S.) has grown so mundane and stale. It's just I hope we don't do it to ourselves...hiding2
LakeXeno

User ID: 4481615
United States
01/11/2012 09:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Doesn't it seem like a self-fulfilling prophecy waiting to happen?
NASA has proven the planets will align just that nothing will happen because of it.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
01/11/2012 09:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
Ok well yeah something up there will happen. The thing is, I like believing that something will happen among us. I just worry that people will be so desperate to bring about change. I get the sense that people are hesitating beginning their lives (I'm in the younger generation) until they know for certain that the world is what it appears to be. When the collective deep breath is let out post 12/21/12, will we be able to maintain our focus?

I know this isn't the best way to start a topic, but I can't just throw all my thoughts into a post and hope some of it relates to what people are thinking. I saw the thread about "getting the feeling", and there's not other way to describe it.
Ballin' on Welfare

User ID: 1537656
United States
01/11/2012 09:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
If i dont fly up to the stars im going to kill myself next year.

rapturelol
LIVE YOUR LIFE
Follow God, Not a book.
God is Love, God is Light.
Love is the secret of the universe.

[link to www.gizoogle.com]

Fo all you beotches who wanna find shiznit.

Google something for me called 2 kids 1 sandbox. Very cute video!
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
01/11/2012 09:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
Clever

GLP