Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,333 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 129,658
Pageviews Today: 201,768Threads Today: 82Posts Today: 1,162
02:12 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Hypothetically - Apocolypse 12/21/2012 is real and Horrific Deaths are Assured - Would You Consider a Painless Suicide?

KingDingaLing
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 1559124
United States
01/11/2012 04:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Hypothetically - Apocolypse 12/21/2012 is real and Horrific Deaths are Assured - Would You Consider a Painless Suicide?
OK, let's assume for a second that Nibiru, a super magnetic brown dward, is real and will cross on 12/21/2012.

We know though that the catastrophes will begin much sooner even as early as March in a massively magnified repeat of Japan's earthquake.

We know the governments have super bunkers built and may take in a lottery like group of people. The sealing of these bunkers would take place well in advance of the crossing... say 9/11/2012.

Now you and your family are left outside with little food or protection from the escalating megadisasters.

With Examples Like:
Volcanic Eruptions and Pyroclastic Flowes - The ash will be tiny glass particles that will evicerate your lungs causing a painful death.
Earthquakes like depicted in 2012 where even if you aren't smashed by the structure you are in, you could fall into chasms, you could be crushed and wait out the short rest of your life in pain and alone.
Supermassive Tidal Waves I figure this will be a quick way to go.
Extreme Exposure to Solar Radiation - with the magnetic poles reversing there will be points where these deadly particles are freely hitting the earth and your body. Radiation death isn't pretty either.

Enough of that. Say that you could have a painless way for you and your family to pass w/o the horrors that will ensue. Consider it to be a lethal dose of morphine that slows respiration until you pass.

Would you do it?

For you preppers, what do you have for serious pain relief in light of dismemberment, gun shot wounds, impailent?

If there was a way for you to obtain such products would you consider it?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1723760
United States
02/24/2012 08:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Hypothetically - Apocolypse 12/21/2012 is real and Horrific Deaths are Assured - Would You Consider a Painless Suicide?
I wouldn't take it. Even if the path ahead is harsh for awhile, you survived that initial onslaught for a reason. Even if the reason isn't as grand as being the one to fix the world.

You could of left some scraps of food behind somewhere along that path. The scraps that keep the first genius of the post destruction future from starving to death. He'd then go on to start the rebuilding.

But not if you killed yourself, no matter how insignificant a life may seem, the world might be drastically, horribly different if they weren't there.

tl;dr version; Why would I kill myself after SURVIVING that? I wouldn't feel I lived just to off myself.
Wazza

User ID: 4594393
Australia
02/26/2012 10:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Hypothetically - Apocolypse 12/21/2012 is real and Horrific Deaths are Assured - Would You Consider a Painless Suicide?
One time I would have said yes, not now, if it is meant to be then I will die, why end it, when it could be a brand new beginning, lived with pain most of my life anyway
We all die in the end no matter what, suicide is not the answer, only time I would recommend painless death is for euthenasia, when the person is bound to die and is in agony and pleading
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11425295
United Kingdom
02/26/2012 10:22 AM
Report Abusive Post
being crushed like an ant by a mile high tsunami would be relatively painless too OP, and the views would be SPECTACULAR!

chuckle
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19392583
United States
07/15/2012 12:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
Good Ppost
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18835047
United States
07/15/2012 12:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
OK, let's assume for a second that Nibiru, a super magnetic brown dward, is real and will cross on 12/21/2012.

We know though that the catastrophes will begin much sooner even as early as March in a massively magnified repeat of Japan's earthquake.

We know the governments have super bunkers built and may take in a lottery like group of people. The sealing of these bunkers would take place well in advance of the crossing... say 9/11/2012.

Now you and your family are left outside with little food or protection from the escalating megadisasters.

With Examples Like:
Volcanic Eruptions and Pyroclastic Flowes - The ash will be tiny glass particles that will evicerate your lungs causing a painful death.
Earthquakes like depicted in 2012 where even if you aren't smashed by the structure you are in, you could fall into chasms, you could be crushed and wait out the short rest of your life in pain and alone.
Supermassive Tidal Waves I figure this will be a quick way to go.
Extreme Exposure to Solar Radiation - with the magnetic poles reversing there will be points where these deadly particles are freely hitting the earth and your body. Radiation death isn't pretty either.

Enough of that. Say that you could have a painless way for you and your family to pass w/o the horrors that will ensue. Consider it to be a lethal dose of morphine that slows respiration until you pass.

Would you do it?

For you preppers, what do you have for serious pain relief in light of dismemberment, gun shot wounds, impailent?

If there was a way for you to obtain such products would you consider it?
 Quoting: KingDingaLing

Never. No surrender.
Got Helium? Got Nitrogen?
User ID: 19392583
United States
07/15/2012 02:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
In the end, we can only guess...

A true "survivalist" plans for everything, including the necessity of death in some cases, for themselves, family, or complete strangers....

So as for a plan "B", hell yes I have one, so do almost all other real people planning for SHTF...

The belief that things could never get that bad is a wet dream...

The saying is, hope for the best, best plan for the worst. & yes, if it ever came to having to CTB, "catch the bus" that would for surely be the worse, not just your power going out of FEMA coming to take you away...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23308931
United States
10/26/2022 06:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
billgates
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 84495385
United States
10/26/2022 07:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
Nope. I'd rather stick around.

GLP