Re: This is How Black People Meet
Dre1012
User ID: 22020101
United States
08/15/2012 02:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
I just seen it too. I thought it was strange. Isn't that a little racist? What if it were a white people dating service? This is bad, should not be allowed.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 8553545

By the way, you sounded a bit "inbred" when you wrote, "I just seen it".

"I just saw it" or "I have just seen it" would be better grammar.

No, it's not really racist. They do have white people dating services...that's basically what most other dating services are. Most of the eligible dating prospects are not black, and the odds of being set up with someone of your own race if you are black (if that is what you prefer) are much less.

A middle-aged black female friend signed up for e-harmony, hoping to find a nice middle-aged black man to date. 8-9 out of 10 of her matches came back as non-black prospects...so, services like these are appreciated by those in the non-majority who have preferences for these matches.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 8739131

You know exactly what would happen if there were a whitepeoplemeet.com.

Imagine a United Caucasian College Fund, The White Entertainment Channel.

Black people are welcome to join sites like Eharmony, it's not advertised as a white site and there are many black people on there. I know, a friend of your uncles aunts sisters brother knew someone that couldn't get a black match. I call bullshit.

I'm fairly certain it is not WhiteEharmony.com.

We're not allowed to have things that openly cater to the white population, it's considered racist and hateful.

Soulsingles.com, afrosingles.com, blackplanet.com, blackscene.com, africanamericanpassions.com, blacksingleconnection.com, blackpeoplelove.com, datingblacknow.com.

Yeah, there's no problem there. Again..show me a dozen or so sites specifically catering to white people with WHITE in the site name and I'll believe you.

While blacks are allowed to maintain and revel in their culture identity white people are not. It's touted as racism when we do it.

Double standard.
 Quoting: Debauchery
Pat Mccrotch

User ID: 2369524
United States
08/15/2012 02:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
I just seen it too. I thought it was strange. Isn't that a little racist? What if it were a white people dating service? This is bad, should not be allowed.

No, it's not really racist. They do have white people dating services...that's basically what most other dating services are. Most of the eligible dating prospects are not black, and the odds of being set up with someone of your own race if you are black (if that is what you prefer) are much less.

A middle-aged black female friend signed up for e-harmony, hoping to find a nice middle-aged black man to date. 8-9 out of 10 of her matches came back as non-black prospects...so, services like these are appreciated by those in the non-majority who have preferences for these matches.

Black people are welcome to join sites like Eharmony, it's not advertised as a white site and there are many black people on there. I know, a friend of your uncles aunts sisters brother knew someone that couldn't get a black match. I call bullshit.

We're not allowed to have things that openly cater to the white population, it's considered racist and hateful.

Soulsingles.com, afrosingles.com, blackplanet.com, blackscene.com, africanamericanpassions.com, blacksingleconnection.com, blackpeoplelove.com, datingblacknow.com.

Yeah, there's no problem there. Again..show me a dozen or so sites specifically catering to white people with WHITE in the site name and I'll believe you.

While blacks are allowed to maintain and revel in their culture identity white people are not. It's touted as racism when we do it.

Double standard.

clappa WELL SAID!!!
Pat Mccrotch
Dre1012
United States
08/15/2012 02:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
Of corse it would be considered racist if there was a commercial on how white people can meet or if there was a white college fund or a white tv channel.its always that way now.black people get to have all this and it's great......but if white people do we are called. RACIST that is pathetic and weak..yes people it is very PATHETIC....
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/15/2012 02:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
Of corse it would be considered racist if there was a commercial on how white people can meet or if there was a white college fund or a white tv channel.its always that way now.black people get to have all this and it's great......but if white people do we are called. RACIST that is pathetic and weak..yes people it is very PATHETIC....
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21254431
United States
08/15/2012 03:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
Is there a dating site for the Amish?
 Quoting: Illuminatvs Primvs

Amish do not use high technology. Their wood version of a computer with pneumatic steam logic circuits would probably require a few acres to build but I don't know how the modem electrical signaling to steam conversion would work. I suppose some type of chicken pecking interface could be used driving a weaving loom to imprint binary information.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21990806
United States
08/15/2012 03:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
I just saw a television commercial for this dating service. Thought it was odd and kind of racist. Now I am considering signing up even tho I am white. What do you guys think about blackpeoplemeet.com

[link to m.youtube.com]

Can someone inbred this video please?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 8904231

Well, if this video was about Appalachians dating, than inbred would very very fitting!!!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 8779107

It's about negroes living under Obugger, and that seems just as fitting.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30212961
United States
12/18/2012 02:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
I see this commercial at least twice a day. Must be some sort of campaign to keep "black people" from meeting streets and on the internet while sending a barrage of the phrase "black people" to non-blacks in order to reinforce racial separation.
 Quoting: armouredkitten

I am so sorry I have been reading all of y'all to learn y'all are so naive I think of how many things black people have been excluded from. and this day in time still are I think you'll do okay just not have your name on 1 day and fight seriously to this day we still have 1 black president and you'll get from you you guys control in on just about everything goto out
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25346234
France
12/18/2012 06:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
Old White people rehashing the same racial shit over and over until they die and blow away.

Meanwhile everyone else keeps on fucking.
Garman906

User ID: 29586165
United States
12/18/2012 06:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
I just saw a television commercial for this dating service. Thought it was odd and kind of racist. Now I am considering signing up even tho I am white. What do you guys think about blackpeoplemeet.com

[link to m.youtube.com]

Can someone inbred this video please?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 8904231

Well, if this video was about Appalachians dating, than inbred would very very fitting!!!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 8779107

We have family reunions for that.
Discerning Eye
User ID: 31055286
United States
12/28/2012 11:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
List one dating site that references "white" or "Caucasian" in it? And, in regards to their commercial...it's all black ppl. I have no problem with any race dating, but this is clear segregation in the commercial/dating site the OP is referring to. If they allow all races, their marketing ploy suggests otherwise.

[link to www.speeddate.com]

Happy? Or is that not good enough for you??

Aren't the vast majority of commercials cast solely with white people? Name a company. Name a product. You'll find the commercial full of white people, yet I'm sure that is just conspiracy theory logic there, right?

It appears that weaker members of the majority always start to cry foul when members of minority groups deviate from the soothing sounds of self-loathing, instead and expressing a sense of pride and self-love.

The guise of supporting fairness and equality in your complaint is offensive. This service is making a way for members of a minority group to meet very similar members of that same group, something that, statistically speaking these days, is difficult. It apparently is a truth that holds up even with the majority, as dating services advertise plenty of white couple "success stories" on a daily basis.

Get over yourself, friend. If it comforts you, start a whitepeoplemeet.com. I guarantee you, most Americans won't even bat an eye.iamwith
Discerning Eye
User ID: 31055286
United States
12/28/2012 11:09 PM
Report Abusive Post

Double standard.

clappa WELL SAID!!!
 Quoting: Pat Mccrotch

What is distinguishable as "White Culture?" That is, if I saw something, how would I know to respond, "Yep, that's white culture inspired right there?"

Perhaps this is when the whole "melting pot" concept, wherein the majority has appropriated so much from other cultures that it has, in effect, lost its own identity. Now, it seems the only way to claim "white culture" is to reject others. After the nasty extrication of identifiable markers of other cultures, I am quite curious to see what is left. It probably won't be much.
tenesha evans
User ID: 1273748
United States
01/25/2013 03:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
hf[googlevid][liveleak]
tenesha evans
User ID: 1273748
United States
01/25/2013 03:14 PM