What's Really In Your Drinking Water?

(OFFICIAL)DCP
Rocketeer

User ID: 1605993
United States
01/21/2012 03:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: What's Really In Your Drinking Water?
Do the SAME thing with spring water and show me the results, you will be suprised.
Dance in the Dark

User ID: 9270482
United States
01/21/2012 03:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
I drink vapor distilled. Tap water tastes like shit.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7513735
United States
01/21/2012 03:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
i distill my drinking water in a water distiller - 1 gallon at a time - after every boil away - there is a layer of brown smelly gunk at the bottom of the distiller that I need to clean out before distilling a new batch
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/21/2012 03:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
i distill my drinking water in a water distiller - 1 gallon at a time - after every boil away - there is a layer of brown smelly gunk at the bottom of the distiller that I need to clean out before distilling a new batch
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 7513735

I have NYC tap water by the way - which is supposed to be one of the best drinking waters in the country
Bowyn Aerrow

User ID: 1527778
United States
01/21/2012 04:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
The dude must never cook - he had to look and question how to turn on the stove... Great a real winner here so far.

That residue is called mineral deposit. Chlorine and Fluoride evaporate off with the steam what is left is solids, calcium being the largest contribute.

I live on well water, I can boil a (just one) pot of water and I get a heavy 'ring' of white gunk - heavy mineralization.

From the looks of it this guy is o a water softener (most likely as clueless about that as he is about how to turn on his own stove) which removes far much more of the heavy minerals, leaving a minor bit of salts and some calcium.
"My Dog, its full of fleas!"
-David Bowwow

“A paranoid is someone who knows a little of what's going on. A psychotic is a guy who's just found out what's going on.”
- William S. Burroughs
Bowyn Aerrow

User ID: 1527778
United States
01/21/2012 04:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Dance in the Dark

I hope you are also drinking lots of gatoraide or similar to replenish the salts and minerals that distilled water strips out of your body.

There are reasons why people drank mineral waters and even bathed in them for health. Minerals dissolved in water (through natural percolation through mineral rich soils) is good for you.

Lithium (a naturally occurring element in the earth's crust) has been found to drastically improve over all psychological wellness. Mineral water sources that have been used as curatives have higher amounts of lithium than other places. Half of the 'curative' properties are mental/emotional improvements due to lithium alone.

We do not gain the same amount of healthy potential taking Lithium Carbonate (a solid) because the body has a difficult time processing solids ,thus passes out most of the lithium it encounters this way.

Calcium and a plethora of other elements and molecules suspended in water have been known to improve over all fitness and health of the body.
"My Dog, its full of fleas!"
-David Bowwow

“A paranoid is someone who knows a little of what's going on. A psychotic is a guy who's just found out what's going on.”
- William S. Burroughs
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/21/2012 04:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
The dude must never cook - he had to look and question how to turn on the stove... Great a real winner here so far.

That residue is called mineral deposit. Chlorine and Fluoride evaporate off with the steam what is left is solids, calcium being the largest contribute.

I live on well water, I can boil a (just one) pot of water and I get a heavy 'ring' of white gunk - heavy mineralization.

From the looks of it this guy is o a water softener (most likely as clueless about that as he is about how to turn on his own stove) which removes far much more of the heavy minerals, leaving a minor bit of salts and some calcium.
 Quoting: Bowyn Aerrow

the gunk that is left at the bottom of my distiller is NOT white nor mineral deposit - it is brown & smells bad
Dance in the Dark

User ID: 9270482
United States
01/21/2012 04:42 PM
Report Abusive Post

I hope you are also drinking lots of gatoraide or similar to replenish the salts and minerals that distilled water strips out of your body.

There are reasons why people drank mineral waters and even bathed in them for health. Minerals dissolved in water (through natural percolation through mineral rich soils) is good for you.

Lithium (a naturally occurring element in the earth's crust) has been found to drastically improve over all psychological wellness. Mineral water sources that have been used as curatives have higher amounts of lithium than other places. Half of the 'curative' properties are mental/emotional improvements due to lithium alone.

We do not gain the same amount of healthy potential taking Lithium Carbonate (a solid) because the body has a difficult time processing solids ,thus passes out most of the lithium it encounters this way.

Calcium and a plethora of other elements and molecules suspended in water have been known to improve over all fitness and health of the body.

That's a myth. I get my nutrients through food and my hydration through water.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1496590
United States
01/21/2012 04:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
Radioactive materials, I assume.
Cepheus

User ID: 9294958
Australia
01/21/2012 04:48 PM
Report Abusive Post

Great post.

bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7971823
United States
01/21/2012 05:05 PM
Report Abusive Post

I know this is true, but any time I drink tap water I get extremely ill. Bedridden with flu like symptoms, strange.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/22/2012 01:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
if drinking distilled water is bad for you - then drinking rain water would also be bad for you as rain water is basically distilled
SkepticalTexan

User ID: 1379749
United States
01/22/2012 02:03 PM

Report Abusive Post
Drinking rain water is like drinking pond scum. Do people really drink this stuff? You realize all the bacteria and pollution you are ingesting?
Compliment me with something my father would laugh at and my mother would believe.

A country can't rise higher than the morality of it's women.

GLP