Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,895 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 765,428
Pageviews Today: 1,239,951Threads Today: 498Posts Today: 7,550
01:10 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

WARNING: SOLAR DATA PAGE COMPLETELY CENSORED,DATA ON OTHER SOURCES BEING FABRICATED!

Thread Locked 
Anonymous astropysicist
User ID: 1946597
United States
01/30/2012 09:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: WARNING: SOLAR DATA PAGE COMPLETELY CENSORED,DATA ON OTHER SOURCES BEING FABRICATED!

]

"Hence a Co-ordinated [sic] Research Project on In
vitro[sic] Techniques for Selection of Radiation Induced Mutations Adapted to Adverse
Environmental Conditions
was initiated and focused primarily on the improvement of
vegetatively[sic propagated plants.

{/quote]

i already know about this Monsanto is funding much of the research and development and many of the genetically mutated vegetables are already in the market, but what you should be asking yourself is why are they trying to produce plants that are adapted to adverse environmental conditions using radiation? Could it be the problem is radiation?
USE YOUR HEAD BEFORE YOU POST

]
Mutation techniques in combination with tissue culture methods provide a powerful
technology to improve clonally [sic]propagated plants. The in vitro culture of vegetatively[sic]
propagated crops in combination with radiation induced mutations has proven to be an
invaluable method to produce desired variation and to rapidly multiply the selected mutants and
parental material in a disease-free condition. It is possible to upgrade well established clones by
changing specific traits by inducing mutations. The availability of large populations for
mutagenesis [sic]is one of the basic per-requisites to obtain sufficient variation. The in vitro
techniques provide the mechanism to generate large populations for mutation induction,
selection and rapid multiplication of the selected mutants."

[link to mvgs.iaea.org]

What this say essentially is they are using radiation to produce radiation resistant plants. It backs up what I've been saying here.
Anyone with a brain to think and eyes to see, and five senses for that matter, realizes things are changing. This year we lost many 400 year old trees due to unprecedented drought and heat. More ear and less lip, I strongly recommend.
 Quoting:

The technique describe d in the poorly written article basically states that researchers are growing plants in elevated radiation environments and cloning the few plants plants that have an unusual resistance to radiation inan attempt to develop radiation resistant crops. I highly suggest you find another line of work, you suck at this one. Did you answer the adds on 'Mythbusters'? I bet you schooled through the internet at Phoenix university, correct>?

. It is true the radiation resistant crops are being developed this way, but WHY?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9898738
Australia
01/30/2012 09:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: WARNING: SOLAR DATA PAGE COMPLETELY CENSORED,DATA ON OTHER SOURCES BEING FABRICATED!
Anonymous astropysicist
United States
01/30/2012 09:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
OP, what is the long and short of your observations? Please be frank and to the point. I remember a Russian fellow by the name of Sergi relating similar info yesterday and things don't look good. I am also familar with Patrick Geryl's work and his conclusions have literally driven him and his followers underground. I really would like your direct conclusion on this data. Thanks, dan
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 9142826

Basically the biological aspect of it is downhill on a bobsled.
Things are being done to make it appear as if everything is normal, but most of us over 35 0r 40 know things have radically changed and it is getting rapidly worst.

My prediction on another post was for massive failure of infrastructure our civilization depends on by years end, including electricity and anything that uses integrated circuit technology that is not specifically hardened to resist radiation damage. Massive crop failure this summer are a forgone conclusion.
Anonymous astropysicist
United States
01/30/2012 10:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
More ear and less lip, I strongly recommend.
 Quoting: Anonymous astropysicist 1946597

less lip. lol. try again, dickwad. ;P

do you try that with ALL the ladies?

mutations caused by mutagens can produce ANY kind of genetic changes to an organism, from fungal resistance, bigger testicles to prettier coloured feathers. absolutely anything. better ability to repair or protect from radiation damage included.
 Quoting: Aucuparia

That's not the point at all, the point is the research you reference is geared towards developing radiation resistant vegetation, and radiation produces very few positive mutations.Most positive mutations are spontaneous errors in dna relication, and not caused by chemicals, radiation or other biologically harmful phenomenon.
Anonymous Coward
Australia
01/30/2012 10:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
Anonymous Coward
Australia
01/30/2012 10:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
Anonymous astropysicist
United States
01/30/2012 10:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
That's not the point at all, the point is the research you reference is geared towards developing radiation resistant vegetation, and radiation produces very few positive mutations.Most positive mutations are spontaneous errors in dna relication, and not caused by chemicals, radiation or other biologically harmful phenomenon.

Dude, you do realise you have just obviated a straw man, right? In a previous post of yours you claimed that no positive mutations can be caused by radiation. none. and you were quite adamant that even though the entire internet was right there not a single example could be found. yet now you state that "radiation produces very few positive mutations".... as in IT PRODUCES POSITIVE MUTATIONS (irrespective of number).

You can't just argue one thing then change your point to something else. I wasn't arguing WHY THE MUTATIONS WERE BEING DONE and in the first instance mate, NEITHER WERE YOU. Just that radiation causes mutations which can be beneficial or non beneficial or neutral.
Neither were we arguing where other forms of mutations come from.
Your claim was that radiation does not cause positive mutations. And your claim was incorrect.

Not in general terms. the vast majority, most likely in excess of 99.999% of genetic mutations caused by radiation are not positive. Every rule has some minor exception. The were looking for that one plant out of a million that resisted the radioactive environment they were subjecting the plans to and cloning it. how is your reading comprehension?
Anonymous astropysicist
United States
01/30/2012 10:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
Government funded Heckler, you still haven't' answered the real question, why are they trying to develop radiation resistant plants in the first place? if you can't answer this, what is the point of continuing to argue. the answer is obvious.
Anonymous Coward
Australia
01/30/2012 10:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
nerdrage88sasr

User ID: 9023186
Australia
01/30/2012 10:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
You are male and you work for NASA. I will identify you soon through your personality, probably the late great Dr.p
 Quoting: Anonymous Astrophysicist 1124520

I have a penis now do I?
If I had a penis I would immediately spend all available time figuring out how it worked. Dr.p is a good name for my new penis. I am not sure if that stands for Dr. Penis or Dr. Pee. I would get my penis a full Brazilian wax. I would find some ladies to try my new penis out on.

you have observed my blog right? that is my actual picture on there you know.

I find it amusing that you deduce I am male because of my attitude and philosophies. lol. I spent a lot of time working on those mate and am proud to say that they come complete with bonus vagina.

LMAO
ohno
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets Oppurtunity"-- Seneca (5BC-65AD)
Anonymous astropysicist
United States
01/30/2012 10:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
You are male and you work for NASA. I will identify you soon through your personality, probably the late great Dr.p

I have a penis now do I?
If I had a penis I would immediately spend all available time figuring out how it worked. Dr.p is a good name for my new penis. I am not sure if that stands for Dr. Penis or Dr. Pee. I would get my penis a full Brazilian wax. I would find some ladies to try my new penis out on.

you have observed my blog right? that is my actual picture on there you know.

I find it amusing that you deduce I am male because of my attitude and philosophies. lol. I spent a lot of time working on those mate and am proud to say that they come complete with bonus vagina.

LMAO
ohno
 Quoting: nerdrage88sasr

If you're a female you're a bulldyke
Plasmare

User ID: 1443244
Australia
01/30/2012 11:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
To my knowledge all genetic mutations are detrimental and cause the victim to be less bale to cope with the environment it lives in.
 Quoting: Anonymous Astrophysicist. 1191382

um. sorry. no... that's not right. You don't understand how evolution works?

DNA damage caused by radiation though causes stress to the body of any organism and they have to invest a lot of energy repairing that damage everyday.

Are you confusing the two things? Or are you just not clear on evolutionary process?

Genetic mutation as in mutations which bring about variation in a population can be beneficial or detrimental.

Tell me of one example of e genetic mutation that was caused by radiation that resulted in a beneficial adaptation in any creature or living thing. You have the whole internet right in fornt of you, you ought to be able to come up with at least a single example. YOU CANNOT. When dna is damaged by ionization radiation the result is either death of the cell or reproduction of useless cells.. Are you aware of the experimentation done in this area of study?
There has yet to be ones such example in all of this experimentation.

There is a normal variation of genetic dna sequences in all living things that is not the result of damage, and beneficial variations tend to survive in greater numbers than their contemporaries. This is the mechanism of evolution.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1191382

Without radiation there would be no life and no diversity. We simply don't know enough about the effects of radiation, ionizing or nuclear, to say if it is bad or not. Life has been going on for millions of years without the need of radiation blocking materials or skin creams. You're obviously a very sick and confused person who enjoys spreading fear and misinformation. Radiation is both beneficial and harmful it all depends on the doses and energies.
 Quoting: Plasmare

There is a very simple formula with ionizing radiation and living things. The more ionizing radiation they are exposed to, the Quebecker they die. Though there are periods of apparent recovery between periods of exposure, the damage is permanent and cumulative. You claim diversity is the result of radiation causing genetic mutations, which is simply untrue. To my knowledge all genetic mutations are detrimental and cause the victim to be less bale to cope with the environment it lives in. The process of evolution is not fully understood but it is unlikely ionizing radiation damaging dna sequences is responsible for positive adaptation.
 Quoting: Anonymous Astrophysicist. 1191382

Actually the one important thing we do know about radiation is that it is the ONLY natural cause of genetic mutations LOL. Before human technology all that there was, were natural sources; cosmic rays, from interstellar space and the sun. So you're saying the genetic mutations caused by that radiation are not positive? Once again you show your lack of knowledge and understanding in anything you discuss. You ran from me in your other thread and now you will run from this one again. Life would not exist today if it wasn't for natural sources of radiation. Thanks. Educate yourself if you want. Or stay ignorant and pretend you know everything.

[link to www-personal.ksu.edu]

Why is it every time there is some kind of solar activity going on, you GLP physicists from grandmas basement always come out of the wood works with some bogus "SOLAR DATA PAGE COMPLETELY CENSORED,DATA ON OTHER SOURCES BEING FABRICATED!" bullshit. You are always wrong, and always will be wrong.

Please, at least go back and get a high school diploma before acting like you're some hot shot. kthnxbye.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 5737973

Because they're all trying to use the observations of hard working people to fit their deluded beliefs. And when they come across something they don't understand they take it as proof that their beliefs are right. No one talked about the unprecedented solar minimum. No one explained why it happened, no one knows and no one cares and yet it was one of THE most significant events in entire time we've been observing the sun.

Never mind the mysterious and unexpected solar minimum, the zombies just think the sun is going to fry us because of some sensationalist articles written by the media with no understanding of anything. Just goes to show that they can't even think for themselves, still believing the media and a hypothetical scenario taken out of context and spread by the media. They trust the media enough to believe some bullshit articles and yet they say they don't trust real information from real people, that's just insane.

This guy is a joke, he ignores everything that he can't debate because he's wrong and just uses straw men and logical fallacies to argue his points. Which by the way is that NASA is lying about solar data and yet NASA are not the only ones who study the sun. I showed him why there are data transmission errors and why sometimes there is no data from an aging satellite, which remains working most of the time despite being way past it's expected and predicted lifetime which is a miracle in itself.

I showed him plenty of other sources of solar data which he conveniently ignored and never addressed. I showed him how real time data is highly prone to transmission errors and errors from solar particles from solar storms, he ignored this in order to perpetuate his insane belief that there is a conspiracy going on to censor solar data. He doesn't understand that the NICT magnetosphere SIMULATOR is just that, a simulation on a super computer based on some ACE data. It simulates using MODELS, it doesn't actually accurately reflect what is really going on, it even says that in their disclaimer on their website.

I understand you're a very disturbed individual and you're trying to role play an astrophysicist but I have to say, you're failing badly. You're not astrophysicist, you don't have the knowledge or intelligence to be anything like one. It would greatly help your role play if you actually knew and understood the things you try to discuss instead of rebleating the same shit over and over with no real evidence or data to back anything up. It's clear to someone who actually knows and understands what you're posting about, that you know nothing about which you post.

You can't even think for yourself much less begin to comprehend what you're on about. You're just repeating the same old sensationalist articles based upon a hypothetical scenario. The sun is plasma, coronal mass ejections are plasma and therefore as long as we have our magnetic field and magnetosphere, the plasma will never be able to reach ground level. And there is only ONE known way for a magnetic reversal to occur that can allow an ejection of hot plasma into our atmosphere and ground level.
Anonymous astropysicist
United States
01/30/2012 11:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
my reading comprehension is not nearly as good as your backpedaling. lol.

I have not beck peddled at all and you are deluding yourself as a result of your poor reading comprehension skills...and you still haven't fund an example of a beneficial genetic mutation caused by radiation, what you found is an example of one experiment, many of which are ongoing, to find plants that have an unusual resistance to damage by radiation. The reason for this destroys your whole argument, essentially, There is an obvious reason why radiation resistant plants are being developed at extreme expense. Can you guess what that reason is?
Could it be that radiation at the planet's surface is increasing?

LMAO!
cruise
Anonymous astropysicist
United States
01/30/2012 11:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
This guy is a joke,
Then why are you dedicating all of your time arguing with me send trying to detract from my message,?
he ignores everything that he can't debate because he's wrong and just uses straw men and logical fallacies to argue his points. Which by the way is that NASA is lying about solar data and yet NASA are not the only ones who study the sun.

While it is true that the government is not the only ones studying the Sun (me for instance), we all rely on the government for the data to analytically determine what is happening in the space weather environment. I can measure certain things , and all of the indications that i can measure indicate that the data is being understated , intentionally falsely explained and falsified.

. I can't afford to launch a solar observation satellite, but I can see frogs mating in January that normally mate in March, and trees that don't know it's winter, and I can see people being sunburned on overcast days, I can see stories of Ananias with legions on tier skin where it is horrifically exposed to Sunlight and I can actually look at the Sun and see it isn't the same as it was when i was ten. I can see endless s reports of radical environment changes, and many more indicators that do not co relate with the data being presented.

I showed him why there are data transmission errors and why sometimes there is no data from an aging satellite, which remains working most of the time despite being way past it's expected and predicted lifetime which is a miracle in itself.
. You made plausible excuses, admitting data is being withheld for whatever reason.
I showed him plenty of other sources of solar data which he conveniently ignored and never addressed.

ALL sources of space weather data available on the internet are filtered through government efficiencies or government funded academic endeavors.
I showed him how real time data is highly prone to transmission errors and errors from solar particles from solar storms, he ignored this in order to perpetuate his insane belief that there is a conspiracy going on to censor solar data. He doesn't understand that the NICT magnetosphere SIMULATOR is just that, a simulation on a super computer based on some data.
I never mentioned the NICT simulator or ACE data.
Quite the assumption on your part, I'm wondering where you came up with it from what i wrote. Oh, that's right, you pulled it out of your ass.

It simulates using MODELS, it doesn't actually accurately reflect what is really going on, it even says that in their disclaimer on their website.
And how does that relate with anything I have posted?
I understand you're a very disturbed individual and you're trying to role play an astrophysicist but I have to say, you're failing badly.
ad homineim criticism without any actual basis.

You're not astrophysicist, you don't have the knowledge or intelligence to be anything like one.

Yu mean I don't have the intelligence of Phil plait, who cannot explain hydrogen fusion.

It would greatly help your role play if you actually knew and understood the things you try to discuss instead of rebleating the same shit over and over with no real evidence or data to back anything up. It's clear to someone who actually knows and understands what you're posting about, that you know nothing about which you post.

because I have a totally different understanding od physics ans science in general than you do, and a radically different perspective than you do does not mean i am wrong and you are right, From my perspective it is easy to perceive you are my intellectual inferior by a very wide margin.
You can't even think for yourself much less begin to comprehend what you're on about.

POT KETTLE BLACK

You're just repeating the same old sensationalist articles based upon a hypothetical scenario. The sun is plasma, coronal mass ejections are plasma and therefore as long as we have our magnetic field and magnetosphere, the plasma will never be able to reach ground level. And there is only ONE known way for a magnetic reversal to occur that can allow an ejection of hot plasma into our atmosphere and ground level.

That is one of the least intelligent summations on solar physics and space weather I have ever seen, and I have seen some real idiots working from Alice springs.
Plasmare

Australia
01/30/2012 11:51 PM
Report Abusive Post

I have not beck peddled at all and you are deluding yourself as a result of your poor reading comprehension skills...and you still haven't fund an example of a beneficial genetic mutation caused by radiation, what you found is an example of one experiment, many of which are ongoing, to find plants that have an unusual resistance to damage by radiation. The reason for this destroys your whole argument, essentially, There is an obvious reason why radiation resistant plants are being developed at extreme expense. Can you guess what that reason is?

LMAO!
cruise

You fail to address the fact that until humans began introducing alternative forms of radiation into the world the only natural radiation source was cosmic rays aka background radiation. Look around you, millions of years of evolution and life all because of cosmic radiation, if that isn't proof that it can be beneficial as well as harmful, you must be blind.

There is also plenty of evidence showing evolutionary bursts after an intense cosmic ray flux event.

Here is one example, because you're so fucking stupid and lazy or just don't care about the truth and only what you think you know.

At sea level, the majority of cosmic ray secondaries are highly penetrating muons. About 10,000 muons pass through our bodies every minute. Some of these muons will ionize molecules as they go through our flesh, occasionally leading to genetic mutations that may be harmful.

At present, the average human receives the equivalent of about 10 chest X-rays per year from cosmic rays. We shouldn't be alarmed by this, since it is just part of the natural background radiation under which humans and our ancestors have been exposed to for eons. Indeed, cosmic-ray-induced mutations may sometimes be beneficial.

"It is clear that in some way cosmic rays shaped evolution of organisms on Earth," says Franco Ferrari from the University of Szczecin in Poland.

[link to www.space.com]
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/30/2012 11:58 PM
Report Abusive Post

LMAO!
cruise

You fail to address the fact that until humans began introducing alternative forms of radiation into the world the only natural radiation source was cosmic rays aka background radiation. Look around you, millions of years of evolution and life all because of cosmic radiation, if that isn't proof that it can be beneficial as well as harmful, you must be blind.

There is also plenty of evidence showing evolutionary bursts after an intense cosmic ray flux event.

Here is one example, because you're so fucking stupid and lazy or just don't care about the truth and only what you think you know.

At sea level, the majority of cosmic ray secondaries are highly penetrating muons. About 10,000 muons pass through our bodies every minute. Some of these muons will ionize molecules as they go through our flesh, occasionally leading to genetic mutations that may be harmful.
What do you think causes organisms to age and die>
At present, the average human receives the equivalent of about 10 chest X-rays per year from cosmic rays. We shouldn't be alarmed by this, since it is just part of the natural background radiation under which humans and our ancestors have been exposed to for eons. Indeed, cosmic-ray-induced mutations may sometimes be beneficial.

And I guess that explains why people who sped their whole lived out doors have and average lifespans of 12-15 years less than those who work indoors and hardly go outside.

"It is clear that in some way cosmic rays shaped evolution of organisms on Earth," says Franco Ferrari from the University of Szczecin in Poland.
[link to www.space.com]

Pollock, figures. I already explained in sufficient detail the mechanism of evolution and it isn't dna destroying cosmic radiation
Plasmare

Australia
01/31/2012 12:00 AM
Report Abusive Post

Then why are you dedicating all of your time arguing with me send trying to detract from my message,?

he ignores everything that he can't debate because he's wrong and just uses straw men and logical fallacies to argue his points. Which by the way is that NASA is lying about solar data and yet NASA are not the only ones who study the sun.

Distrust of the government shows that you are a highly disturbed individual who can't even trust real people working for the government. Sign of mental illness, not that I'm discriminating. I hate it when people lie and spread misinformation. That is your only purpose here. No one is saying the sun is not acting strange, merely that you are spreading lies and information in regards to the issue.

I showed him plenty of other sources of solar data which he conveniently ignored and never addressed.

ALL sources of space weather data available on the internet are filtered through government efficiencies or government funded academic endeavors.

I showed him how real time data is highly prone to transmission errors and errors from solar particles from solar storms, he ignored this in order to perpetuate his insane belief that there is a conspiracy going on to censor solar data. He doesn't understand that the NICT magnetosphere SIMULATOR is just that, a simulation on a super computer based on some data.
I never mentioned the NICT simulator or ACE data.
Quite the assumption on your part, I'm wondering where you came up with it from what i wrote. Oh, that's right, you pulled it out of your ass.

According to what we a re seeing on the lasco c2 image, this data is falsified:
[link to www2.nict.go.jp]

Quoting: Anonymous Astrophysicist 1203458

Really you didn't mention the NICT sim? Yet there is a link which you use as "proof" of data being falsified in your first post, I don't know if you're simply that dumb or you're just here to spread lies and misinformation. The data you refer to comes from ACE. So actually you did mention both. You're just too dumb to understand what you're on about. Or just lying. Quotes are messed up but whatever.

Last Edited by Plasmare on 01/31/2012 12:03 AM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8417061
United States
01/31/2012 12:06 AM
Report Abusive Post

I have a penis now do I?
If I had a penis I would immediately spend all available time figuring out how it worked. Dr.p is a good name for my new penis. I am not sure if that stands for Dr. Penis or Dr. Pee. I would get my penis a full Brazilian wax. I would find some ladies to try my new penis out on. .

Look, if you can't immediately figure out how a penis works, then you're not a good candidate for having your own!

Were you a sailor in a past life? Because your curse like one. tounge
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/31/2012 12:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
You fail to address the fact that until humans began introducing alternative forms of radiation into the world the only natural radiation source was cosmic rays aka background radiation.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. There are numerous sources of ionizing radiation even if we leave out the Sun. There are radioactive elements in the Earths crust, there is radon, there are CONTINUOUS leakages of particle radiation from the Sun reaching the earths surface. (Take a ginger counter and point the fucking probe slots towards the Sun and see what you get!
Plasmare

Australia
01/31/2012 12:11 AM
Report Abusive Post

LMAO!
cruise

What do you think causes organisms to age and die>

And I guess that explains why people who sped their whole lived out doors have and average lifespans of 12-15 years less than those who work indoors and hardly go outside.

[link to www.space.com]

Pollock, figures. I already explained in sufficient detail the mechanism of evolution and it isn't dna destroying cosmic radiation
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1946597

Funny your user # has changed. And nice back peddling. Peddle any harder and you're going to go back in time. You stated that there are no beneficial genetic changes and I proved you wrong about that, twice now. You have no sources for anything, just talking out of your ass. All you have are opinions and beliefs and they're mostly all unfounded and not even based in reality. Also racist it seems. You can't even admit being wrong, you simply take the focus off the things you are wrong about and start a circular argument that leads nowhere and somehow assume you are right when clearly you are not.

As for magnetosphere not being able to affects EM radiation, you are also wrong. Dust is everywhere and dusty plasma are known to cause scattering. That seems like it affects EM radiation doesn't it? EM radiation travels through plasma in space and that also has an effect because it's a medium that it travels through.

Scattering is a general physical process where some forms of radiation, such as light, sound, or moving particles, are forced to deviate from a straight trajectory by one or more localized non-uniformities in the medium through which they pass.
[link to en.wikipedia.org]

So you're wrong again. The medium is plasma and EM radiation passes through it and is affected. That is why light bends and we can use a process called "gravitational lensing" to see into space. There are plenty of ways for a plasma (the magnetosphere and other layers in the atmosphere) to effects EM radiation.
Plasmare

Australia
01/31/2012 12:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
You fail to address the fact that until humans began introducing alternative forms of radiation into the world the only natural radiation source was cosmic rays aka background radiation.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. There are numerous sources of ionizing radiation even if we leave out the Sun. There are radioactive elements in the Earths crust, there is radon, there are CONTINUOUS leakages of particle radiation from the Sun reaching the earths surface. (Take a ginger counter and point the fucking probe slots towards the Sun and see what you get!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1946597

Those particles are called cosmic rays dumbass. LOL. I'll give you that radon and other radioactive elements do produce ionizing radiation but they only affect a small portion of any animal population and therefore aren't as big of a factor as cosmic rays which shower constantly on us and have a wide ranging flux depending on conditions in space. I'm referring to the past conditions not currently. Since the animals of the world didn't mine any radioactive materials the only way for them to be affected was if the elements ended up near the surface. There's cosmic rays from interstellar space and from the sun.

There's too many sources of radiation these days to know the real doses we get compared to the past.

Last Edited by Plasmare on 01/31/2012 12:17 AM
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/31/2012 12:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
Really you didn't mention the NICT sim? Yet there is a link which you use as "proof" of data being falsified in your first post, I don't know if you're simply that dumb or you're just here to spread lies and misinformation. The data you refer to comes from ACE. So actually you did mention both. You're just too dumb to understand what you're on about. Or just lying. Quotes are messed up but whatever.

Here is my first post. The lasco c2 is an actual image, not a simulation, though it comes from the same satellite :

:.Look at this photograph, it's the lasco c2 image. notice the particles:
[link to sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov]

For the first time in 11 years, this NOAA space weather website is not responding:
[link to www.n3kl.org]

According to what we are seeing on the lasco c2 image, this data is falsified:
[link to www2.nict.go.jp] ( i would hardly calling data falsified as using it for a reference, but lets not split hairs y being honest!

The pressure should be much higher!(here is where i referenced the simulation and i was right when I claimed it was falsified. This is not a reference to data, it is a refutation of it,)

Normally, the position of the sun would be apparent on this graphic , usually with a low flux reading during a quiet period:
[link to www.swpc.noaa.gov]

Again, I am absolutely positive that solar data and space weather data is being withheld and falsified, and looking at the lasso c2 image it is quite apparent there is an unusual event occurring and an intense outburst of radiation, a very severe x ray flare from a sunspot that is rotating into position to become noneffective within 5-7 days.

This turn of events does not bode well and I am absolutely certain after observing theses data spreads for 12 years that the information is being falsified.
Anonymous astropysicist
United States
01/31/2012 12:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
[

Those particles are called cosmic rays dumbass. LOL. I'll give you that radon and other radioactive elements do produce ionizing radiation but they only affect a small portion of any animal population and therefore aren't as big of a factor as cosmic rays which shower constantly on us and have a wide ranging flux depending on conditions in space. I'm referring to the past conditions not currently. Since the animals of the world didn't mine any radioactive materials the only way for them to be affected was if the elements ended up near the surface. There's cosmic rays from interstellar space and from the sun.

There's too many sources of radiation these days to know the real doses we get compared to the past.

There are NO comic rays from the Sun. By definition , cosmic rays originate outside the solar system. Naturally concurring radioactive elements for many years accounted for the vast majority of radiation exposure in living things. Cosmic ray flux is VERY VERY low, although it has an extremely high energy level.
Anonymous astropysicist
United States
01/31/2012 12:27 AM
Report Abusive Post

There are NO comic rays from the Sun. By definition , cosmic rays originate outside the solar system. Naturally concurring radioactive elements for many years accounted for the vast majority of radiation exposure in living things. Cosmic ray flux is VERY VERY low, although it has an extremely high energy level.

Edited, quoting error
Plasmare

Australia
01/31/2012 12:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
If you really observed this kind of solar data for 12 years then you'd know that these little burps are nothing compared to the severity of the outbursts from the sun in 2003-2005. When something actually happens on par to those activity levels or higher then I will take notice. But until then, activity is still low. There's no need to be alarmed whenever a small eruption happens. And why do people ignore the fact that the sun was unusually quiet for such an extended period of time? It's a fact that surprised every solar scientist and still remains unexplained. That is more important to address than the almost normal activity on the sun during it's passage into this next maximum. Which by the way has been delayed by a year or so already. Obviously something is causing the sun to act strange but the activity you're talking about is normal. You're ignoring the actual strange and unexpected behaviour of the sun.

I provided you with links that has tons of data and observations of the sun. There is no fucking way every source is falsified because the sources are worldwide and some use observatories on Earth to conduct their observations. If you mistrust your government so much then use a university facility or something instead that have a solar research facility. There is more than enough data out there.
Plasmare

Australia
01/31/2012 12:42 AM
Report Abusive Post

Sigh. Why do you do this? You clearly know hardly anything about the subjects... Yes the sun produces cosmic rays, and there are also interstellar cosmic rays called galactic cosmic rays.wall1doh1

Cosmic rays are a type of radiation that comes from space. Cosmic rays aren't really "rays". They are particles (mostly protons) with very high energies. Cosmic rays come from various places, including the Sun, supernova explosions, and extremely distant sources such as radio galaxies and quasars. Because of their high energy, this type of particle radiation can be dangerous to people and to machines. On Earth we are mostly shielded from them by our planet's magnetic field and atmosphere.

Cosmic rays were discovered by the Austrian-American physicist Victor Hess. Hess discovered this new type of radiation in 1912. He won the 1936 Nobel Prize in Physics for this discovery.

There are several different types of cosmic rays. Solar cosmic rays come from the Sun. They have less energy than most other types of cosmic rays. Solar flares and other explosions on the Sun make this type of cosmic ray. A second type is the galactic cosmic ray. Galactic cosmic rays have more energy than solar cosmic rays. Astronomers think they come from supernova explosions, black holes, and neutron stars within our own Milky Way galaxy. A third type is the rare extragalactic cosmic ray. Scientist think these particles come from somewhere outside of our galaxy. However, they aren't exactly sure where they come from.
[link to www.windows2universe.org]

Do cosmic rays come from our sun? From other (nearby) stars?

After studying cosmic rays for the last century, scientists think that many of the lower and some of the medium energy cosmic rays come from stars. We certainly do receive cosmic rays on Earth that originate from our sun.However, these rays origins are difficult to study as they get deflected by the many magnetic field associated with other stars and planets.

Very, very low cosmic ray flux huh? Then what the fuck is this?

Cosmic Rays Hit Space Age High

"We're experiencing the deepest solar minimum in nearly a century," says Dean Pesnell of the Goddard Space Flight Center, "so it is no surprise that cosmic rays are at record levels for the Space Age."

"In 2009, cosmic ray intensities have increased 19% beyond anything we've seen in the past 50 years," says Richard Mewaldt of Caltech. "The increase is significant, and it could mean we need to re-think how much radiation shielding astronauts take with them on deep-space missions."
[link to www.nasa.gov]

So either the information you're spreading is bullshit and wrong, which it clearly is, or NASA and other scientific institutions are wrong. And frankly there is no reason to trust you or your bullshit. Everything you say is just wrong, like you're purposely trying to misinform people and spread the wrong information. Are you getting paid for this?

Last Edited by Plasmare on 01/31/2012 12:46 AM
Anonymous astropysicist
United States
01/31/2012 12:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
If you really observed this kind of solar data for 12 years then you'd know that these little burps are nothing compared to the severity of the outbursts from the sun in 2003-2005. When something actually happens on par to those activity levels or higher then I will take notice.

That' the whole point of this thread, you WON'T know because the data will be minimized or falsified. Too many people are becoming aware that something is amiss.

But until then, activity is still low. There's no need to be alarmed whenever a small eruption happens. And why do people ignore the fact that the sun was unusually quiet for such an extended period of time?

The delayed solar maximum correlated with the delayed end to the last solar max, meaning the timing of the 11 ear cyclone has been skewed. There have been far more radical effects in the last few months than ever occurred in the last solar maximum, including the loss of satellites due to an expansion of the upper atmosphere and more inference in radio frequency transmissions.Many more commercial flights have had to be rerouted. Holes in the magnetosphere have been identified and confirmed, and there have been massive changes in biospheres and effects on wildlife.

They're NOT going to tell you! By presenting the real data t that would be a revelation of what is actually happening.

It's a fact that surprised every solar scientist and still remains unexplained. That is more important to address than the almost normal activity on the sun during it's passage into this next maximum. Which by the way has been delayed by a year or so already. Obviously something is causing the sun to act strange but the activity you're talking about is normal. You're ignoring the actual strange and unexpected behaviour of the sun.

Actually, i predicted the solar maximum would be delayed and more intense than the last, and would result in widespread failure of the magnetic shield of the Earth causing widespread damage to crops and electronic infrastructure, as well as animal life. I have been right on every point.

I provided you with links that has tons of data and observations of the sun. There is no fucking way every source is falsified because the sources are worldwide and some use observatories on Earth to conduct their observations. If you mistrust your government so much then use a university facility or something instead that have a solar research facility. There is more than enough data out there.

Universities get a large percentage of their research funding and most of their data from the government.
Plasmare

Australia
01/31/2012 12:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
Actually, i predicted the solar maximum would be delayed and more intense than the last, and would result in widespread failure of the magnetic shield of the Earth causing widespread damage to crops and electronic infrastructure, as well as animal life. I have been right on every point.

Prove it. Show me the proof. Go on.
Anonymous astropysicist
United States
01/31/2012 12:50 AM
Report Abusive Post

Sigh. Why do you do this? You clearly know hardly anything about the subjects... Yes the sun produces cosmic rays, and there are also interstellar cosmic rays called galactic cosmic rays.wall1doh1

Cosmic rays are a type of radiation that comes from space. Cosmic rays aren't really "rays". They are particles (mostly protons) with very high energies. Cosmic rays come from various places, including the Sun, supernova explosions, and extremely distant sources such as radio galaxies and quasars. Because of their high energy, this type of particle radiation can be dangerous to people and to machines. On Earth we are mostly shielded from them by our planet's magnetic field and atmosphere.

Cosmic rays were discovered by the Austrian-American physicist Victor Hess. Hess discovered this new type of radiation in 1912. He won the 1936 Nobel Prize in Physics for this discovery.

There are several different types of cosmic rays. Solar cosmic rays come from the Sun. They have less energy than most other types of cosmic rays. Solar flares and other explosions on the Sun make this type of cosmic ray. A second type is the galactic cosmic ray. Galactic cosmic rays have more energy than solar cosmic rays. Astronomers think they come from supernova explosions, black holes, and neutron stars within our own Milky Way galaxy. A third type is the rare extragalactic cosmic ray. Scientist think these particles come from somewhere outside of our galaxy. However, they aren't exactly sure where they come from.

After studying cosmic rays for the last century, scientists think that many of the lower and some of the medium energy cosmic rays come from stars. We certainly do receive cosmic rays on Earth that originate from our sun.However, these rays origins are difficult to study as they get deflected by the many magnetic field associated with other stars and planets.

"We're experiencing the deepest solar minimum in nearly a century," says Dean Pesnell of the Goddard Space Flight Center, "so it is no surprise that cosmic rays are at record levels for the Space Age."

"In 2009, cosmic ray intensities have increased 19% beyond anything we've seen in the past 50 years," says Richard Mewaldt of Caltech. "The increase is significant, and it could mean we need to re-think how much radiation shielding astronauts take with them on deep-space missions."
[link to www.nasa.gov]

So either the information you're spreading is bullshit and wrong, which it clearly is, or NASA and other scientific institutions are wrong. And frankly there is no reason to trust you or your bullshit. Everything you say is just wrong, like you're purposely trying to misinform people and spread the wrong information. Are you getting paid for this?

Define:
cosmic ray
 
noun Physics .
a radiation of high penetrating power that originates in outer space and consists partly of high-energy atomic nuclei. { I looked through several articles and could find none that claim cosmic rays originate from the Sun. Particles that originate from the Sun are refereed to as solar particle radiation.
Plasmare

Australia
01/31/2012 12:55 AM
Report Abusive Post

[link to www.nasa.gov]

Define:
cosmic ray
 
noun Physics .
a radiation of high penetrating power that originates in outer space and consists partly of high-energy atomic nuclei. { I looked through several articles and could find none that claim cosmic rays originate from the Sun. Particles that originate from the Sun are refereed to as solar particle radiation.

So now you finally admit you don't know what you're talking about. Good. Now we can move on. I don't know how many times I have to prove your statements are nothing more than opinion based upon belief that you know what you're on about. I wasn't sure how many times I had to prove you wrong in order for you to accept that, I'm glad you have. Now everyone can see that you don't know shit. You do some light internet research and think you're some astrophysicist and you don't even understand half the things you "learn". You just memorize and don't learn anything. It shows, very clearly.

GLP