Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,095 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,317,277
Pageviews Today: 1,994,880Threads Today: 550Posts Today: 10,714
04:57 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Accredited, Acclaimed, & Renowned GEOTECTONICS PROFESSOR Says the STRANGE SOUNDS ARE REAL. Analyzed & Explained! Ha!

Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 4313926
United States
01/31/2012 01:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Accredited, Acclaimed, & Renowned GEOTECTONICS PROFESSOR Says the STRANGE SOUNDS ARE REAL. Analyzed & Explained! Ha!
OK then... You bring the twister board and I will bring the tiny drink umbrellas.
 Quoting: LUCUS

OK ~ Deal! :)
 Quoting: SeekingWisdom

Texas eh? I just moved up here to Colorado from Austin about 5 months ago.

Really?? DANG it!

Well... I have always wanted to go up there & snowboard! Do you know how? I don't ~ but, it's on my bucket list! LoL

Never been snowboarding but I think I would be good at it as I used to be on a speed skating team as a kid and can roller skate/blade and ice skate very well.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8399009
United States
01/31/2012 01:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Accredited, Acclaimed, & Renowned GEOTECTONICS PROFESSOR Says the STRANGE SOUNDS ARE REAL. Analyzed & Explained! Ha!

OK ~ Deal! :)

Texas eh? I just moved up here to Colorado from Austin about 5 months ago.

really, where in Colorado? I live in thornton, on the north edge of Denver
 Quoting: Nobody in Particular

Colorado Springs... it's nice here but I like Austin a whole heck of a lot better.

I liked Austin too, but that was a long time ago I was living in San Antonio and enjoyed going up there though.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4129627
United States
01/31/2012 01:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
Never been snowboarding but I think I would be good at it as I used to be on a speed skating team as a kid and can roller skate/blade and ice skate very well.

Well ~ if we avoid DOOM this year ~ we will have to make it happen!

banana2banana2
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1469248
United States
01/31/2012 01:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
Infrasound occurs naturally and artificially.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
01/31/2012 01:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
Wow... this thread is strange now.

It's like going into work expecting a boatload of things to do and having your boss say "Ahhh... take the day off"
Sungaze_At_Dawn

User ID: 1458670
Canada
01/31/2012 01:10 PM

Report Abusive Post
Already knew these were real. A year ago roughly there were similar strange sounds and we all heard those for a while here.

Two communities, out east and Sooke BC, including a Mayor heard this and they did a report on CTV news about it.

So they're real, not hoaxed.

Also, they interviewed some expert who should feel ashamed of himself because he was just saying this is from the geomagnetic storms, in the atmosphere and its normal.

Really? Normal? Gee I feel so privileged to be in the only generation, that has experienced this "normal" sound, and in 2012 at that, though no other year did this NORMAL event occur, nor 6 years ago when the sun was acting up as well, nor have my grandparents ever shared this.

So its Normal but UNIQUE, and no explanation!
The Devil tries to convince everyone he doesn't exist.
The state tries to convince everyone they cannot resist.
Do not go quietly into the good night. Rage Rage against the dying light!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9911651
Russia
01/31/2012 01:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
Here are his LONG LIST of credentials.
[link to en.wikipedia.org]

Here is what he said in an interview;

We have analyzed records of these sounds and found that most of their spectrum lies within the infrasound range, i.e. is not audible to humans. What people hear is only a small fraction of the actual power of these sounds. They are low-frequency acoustic emissions in the range between 20 and 100 Hz modulated by ultra-low infrasonic waves from 0.1 to 15 Hz. In geophysics, they are called acoustic-gravity waves; they are formed in the upper atmosphere, at the atmosphere-ionosphere boundary in particular. There can be quite a lot of causes why those waves are generated: earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, hurricanes, storms, tsunamis, etc. However, the scale of the observed humming sound in terms of both the area covered and its power far exceeds those that can be generated by the above-mentioned phenomena.

Here is a link to the entire interview

[link to geochangemag.org]

CHEW ON THAT SHILLARAMAS!

The detailed information about prof. Halilov, his organization, his opinion concerning "strange sounds" and impulse from November,15th, etc.. was already posted here the day before yesterdayslaphim, here
Thread: Strange sounds worldwide: the plausible explanation ?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1253249
United States
01/31/2012 01:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks for the link op!hf
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
01/31/2012 01:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
Here are his LONG LIST of credentials.
[link to en.wikipedia.org]

Here is what he said in an interview;

We have analyzed records of these sounds and found that most of their spectrum lies within the infrasound range, i.e. is not audible to humans. What people hear is only a small fraction of the actual power of these sounds. They are low-frequency acoustic emissions in the range between 20 and 100 Hz modulated by ultra-low infrasonic waves from 0.1 to 15 Hz. In geophysics, they are called acoustic-gravity waves; they are formed in the upper atmosphere, at the atmosphere-ionosphere boundary in particular. There can be quite a lot of causes why those waves are generated: earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, hurricanes, storms, tsunamis, etc. However, the scale of the observed humming sound in terms of both the area covered and its power far exceeds those that can be generated by the above-mentioned phenomena.

Here is a link to the entire interview

[link to geochangemag.org]

CHEW ON THAT SHILLARAMAS!

The detailed information about prof. Halilov, his organization, his opinion concerning "strange sounds" and impulse from November,15th, etc.. was already posted here the day before yesterdayslaphim, here
Thread: Strange sounds worldwide: the plausible explanation ?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 9911651

Well sorry but maybe that person should be a little more descriptive in their title and the thread would actually see more than 37 hits?

Just my opinion... could be wrong. Maybe people like boring thread titles..
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5916429
United States
01/31/2012 01:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
This is an information war for sure. Keep up the fight!
 Quoting: Aquarius58

information and Knowledge war ... get out of the dark!

***** 4 Lucus
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/31/2012 01:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
just when we are starting to get some truth out finally.

Work.
Grumpy Old Man (GOM)
User ID: 4555299
United States
01/31/2012 01:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
Great thread Wayne!

What next???

Have you ever driven a metal stake into the ground and taken a metal file and start filing on it? We did as kids and it causes the earth worms to come out which we used for fishing.

Any reports of earthworms leaving the ground? Seems I did see a few awhile back. Related?

Then there are the bird and fish die offs. Related???
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2410360
United States
01/31/2012 01:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
birth pangs ... it is biblical
have those science tards look that up
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9341068
United States
01/31/2012 01:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
I know poor spelling is usually accepted on GLP, but not in thread titles of pinned posts. Please edit the title to say "Renowned" as opposed to "Renound".

Thank you.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/31/2012 01:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
electromagnetic

and metal, iron to be specific.

this we know.

what happened to Mars' electromagnetic field?
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
01/31/2012 01:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
I know poor spelling is usually accepted on GLP, but not in thread titles of pinned posts. Please edit the title to say "Renowned" as opposed to "Renound".

Thank you.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 9341068

No, thank you... I kept looking at that title thinking there was something not right about it. Fixed and thanks. You were the first person to notice it in almost 7,000 views. Good eye.
Aillas

User ID: 4549115
Netherlands
01/31/2012 02:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
I just finished a research article done by the National Aerospace Laboratory NLR on behalf of the Dutch government.

Title: Analysis research of low frequent sound in the village of Zuidhorn.

During the period from 21st of June until the 5th of July 2010 the research team had four acoustic array antenna's installed in 4 houses in Zuidhorn. A low frequent hum sound was measured between 10Hz and 200Hz (20 through 70 dB). The sound was mesaured sometimes in a single freq. and a combination of multiple freq. with a pulsating character. The level of the pulsating signals mostly changed with 10dB within 1/2 second through several seconds.

Trains and industry has been identified as some of the causes but the reason why the people complained so much has not been identified.

Source: [link to www.sodm.nl]

it's obviously written in the Dutch language.
stand for something or fall for anything
larryjones

User ID: 8329562
Canada
01/31/2012 02:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
This is great! Good info from a credible source. I have not heard the sounds myself but with widespread reports from many different area makes me at least think there is something worth investigating and talking about. Fro the few posters who have mentioned the infrared camera and pointing it into the sky, how do you make an ordinary camera infrared?
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/31/2012 02:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
the portal booms when it is absorbing 'negative' energy.

what if this is the sound of dark energy being extracted from the surface of the planet? everything has some sort of form and this is the sound of it being pulled out.

instead of something coming in, it's something going out.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1601323
United States
01/31/2012 02:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
When the magnetic bonds break due to mass amounts of particles from the sun hitting the magnetosphere, it reverberates. Like it was stated, only part of the sound is audible to the human ear. It also stated that volcanoes, earthquakes, etc cannot produce such a sound wave. Many has described these sounds coming from the sky and yet no earthquake was recorded at the moment of the sound. It also makes sense why we are having this odd warm weather. At least where I am in Northern IL. The temp here has been very odd lately. All this makes sense that we are entering a period that we haven't experienced before. Every 25,000 years our sun oscillates through the galactic plane. On Dec 21 2012 we will have reached the middle of that plane. There is the most energy at the plane of our galaxy because of its spiral nature. This indeed will be an interesting next couple of years.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/31/2012 03:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
The effects of artificial infrasound acoustics. A few experiments :

When male volunteers were exposed to simulated industrial infrasound of 5 and 10 Hz and levels of 100 and 135 dB for 15 minutes, feeling of fatigue, apathy, and depression, pressure in the ears, loss of concentration, drowsiness, and vibration of internal organs were reported. In addition, effects were found in the central nervous system, the cardiovascular system, and the respiratory system. Synchronization phenomena were enhanced in the left hemisphere. Visual motor responses to stimuli were prolonged, and the strength of effector response was reduced. Heart rate was increased during the initial minutes of exposure. Depression of the encephalic
hemodynamics with decreased venous flow from the skull cavity and was observed. Heart muscle contraction strength was reduced. Respiration rate was significantly reduced after the first minute of exposure.

A low-frequency noise of ~7 Hz occurring in several office rooms produced symptoms in individuals typical of sick building syndrome, demonstrating that the low-frequency component of ventilation noise can be amplified in tightly sealed rooms. It was proposed that repeated or long-term exposure could be "triggering an allergic-type response."

Twenty healthy males (20 to 30 years old) were exposed to frequencies of 6, 12, and 16 Hz at pressure levels of 95, 110, and 125 dB for 20 minutes in one series of experiments and then for one hour with random exposure of infrasound (125 dB/16 Hz) or low-grade frequency noise (50 dB/50 Hz) on alternate days in a second series of experiments. Infrasound (at all tested frequencies) was observed to increase diastolic blood pressure—the most significant effect was seen with 16 Hz, and the maximum mean increase of 8 mm Hg occurred after 30 minutes—and decrease systolic blood pressure and pulse rate, suggesting that a peripheral vasoconstriction with increased blood pressure was induced with acute infrasound stimulation.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1469248

AC Please provide your LINKY to this, because with my quoting it without a linky and without reporting the linky can cause ME to get negative karma points. But thankyou for the information but please state where you found it. Quote yourself and provide the linky for the rules here plus even more important letting people go to where you found it , so any interested can carry their exploration further
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/31/2012 03:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
When the magnetic bonds break due to mass amounts of particles from the sun hitting the magnetosphere, it reverberates. Like it was stated, only part of the sound is audible to the human ear. It also stated that volcanoes, earthquakes, etc cannot produce such a sound wave. Many has described these sounds coming from the sky and yet no earthquake was recorded at the moment of the sound. It also makes sense why we are having this odd warm weather. At least where I am in Northern IL. The temp here has been very odd lately. All this makes sense that we are entering a period that we haven't experienced before. Every 25,000 years our sun oscillates through the galactic plane. On Dec 21 2012 we will have reached the middle of that plane. There is the most energy at the plane of our galaxy because of its spiral nature. This indeed will be an interesting next couple of years.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1601323

really, volcanos, quakes cannot produce a sound wave, even into the air? REALLY? Yes they can and do. Ask anyone who has heard such, because they are heard because the air carries the sound wave to the ear.

The odd warm weather has many causes, including the anger generated by man, increasing heat produced by cars and industry, plus the heating of the core of eath. Which galactic plane does our sun "oscillate" thru every almost 26,000 years? If you mean the Milky Way NO. If you mean the galaxy of the 500 stars of Pleiades, centered by Alcyone, then Yes. Which one?

We reached the "middle" of that plane, meaning the PHOTON BELT in 1992, when our sun entered it. In Oct 2006 we entered the Middle of the Plane of the Milky Way however. Why do you ones copy that December 21 date all the time for everything? It's supposed when we do a pole flip, when Nibiru comes and so on and so forth too.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/31/2012 03:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
the portal booms when it is absorbing 'negative' energy.

what if this is the sound of dark energy being extracted from the surface of the planet? everything has some sort of form and this is the sound of it being pulled out.

instead of something coming in, it's something going out.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 5916429

NEGATIVE energy? really? Energy is energy. It exists. I cannot be negative. Man can produce "negative" thoughts and energy in certain areas can cause what some would call "negative" events, but energy itself just IS. This is something I always knew and argued in school and such refusal to put that shit on my test papers caused a lessor grade from the teaching reproducing false shit.
Embabe25

User ID: 9941252
United Kingdom
01/31/2012 03:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
Finally got signed in! 5* and some green for you lucus! hf
xx em xx
Aillas

User ID: 4549115
Netherlands
01/31/2012 03:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
The effects of artificial infrasound acoustics. A few experiments :

When male volunteers were exposed to simulated industrial infrasound of 5 and 10 Hz and levels of 100 and 135 dB for 15 minutes, feeling of fatigue, apathy, and depression, pressure in the ears, loss of concentration, drowsiness, and vibration of internal organs were reported. In addition, effects were found in the central nervous system, the cardiovascular system, and the respiratory system. Synchronization phenomena were enhanced in the left hemisphere. Visual motor responses to stimuli were prolonged, and the strength of effector response was reduced. Heart rate was increased during the initial minutes of exposure. Depression of the encephalic
hemodynamics with decreased venous flow from the skull cavity and was observed. Heart muscle contraction strength was reduced. Respiration rate was significantly reduced after the first minute of exposure.

A low-frequency noise of ~7 Hz occurring in several office rooms produced symptoms in individuals typical of sick building syndrome, demonstrating that the low-frequency component of ventilation noise can be amplified in tightly sealed rooms. It was proposed that repeated or long-term exposure could be "triggering an allergic-type response."

Twenty healthy males (20 to 30 years old) were exposed to frequencies of 6, 12, and 16 Hz at pressure levels of 95, 110, and 125 dB for 20 minutes in one series of experiments and then for one hour with random exposure of infrasound (125 dB/16 Hz) or low-grade frequency noise (50 dB/50 Hz) on alternate days in a second series of experiments. Infrasound (at all tested frequencies) was observed to increase diastolic blood pressure—the most significant effect was seen with 16 Hz, and the maximum mean increase of 8 mm Hg occurred after 30 minutes—and decrease systolic blood pressure and pulse rate, suggesting that a peripheral vasoconstriction with increased blood pressure was induced with acute infrasound stimulation.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1469248

AC Please provide your LINKY to this, because with my quoting it without a linky and without reporting the linky can cause ME to get negative karma points. But thankyou for the information but please state where you found it. Quote yourself and provide the linky for the rules here plus even more important letting people go to where you found it , so any interested can carry their exploration further
 Quoting: Nobody in Particular

Indeed!

I found some interesting links on the subject of infrasound:

[link to www.mendeley.com]

[link to www.lowertheboom.org]

[link to www.johnbraine.com]
stand for something or fall for anything
anonymous coward
User ID: 9939041
Algeria
01/31/2012 03:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks Lucus for sticking it out, I agree with you, this is a real phenomena, just noticed a new vid in today Jan 31, 2012 "Strange Sounds Netherlands" here is the link: [link to www.youtube.com]
John Everytard

User ID: 5027429
United States
01/31/2012 05:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
To anyone who has an infrared camera--- point that thing in the sky and have a look. That is all I will say.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 638139

+1
 Quoting: <Path>

why are you bumping the guy who refuses to post pics of "what he's seen"??
 Quoting: John Everytard

It's not his job to supply you with evidence of anything.

I'm not going to post any pics either.

If you are hungry, you will find a way to eat.
 Quoting: <Path>

then you're nothing but a worthless breather just like the other guy. either contribute to the search for the truth or continue being useless in your own world.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9424325
United Kingdom
01/31/2012 06:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
This was a jolly good lark, but its sad that a scientist has been taken in by this hoax.

You cant realy take this seriously can you? The link features a video montage of the sounds, each one different - very different. One clip (2nd, 3rd?) is sound from the film Red State thats the root off all this. Two im pretty sure are from ambient techno tracks (Orb and Future Sound of London), others are badly over dubbed samples and others a simple synth sounds.

It a film promotion followed up with copycat viral meme. As hoaxes go its so obvious, how has anyone believed in it?
just a dude

User ID: 9618710
United States
01/31/2012 08:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ultra low frequency (ULF) acoustic waves, propagating in the ionosphere, may produce a decrease of the ionospheric density of the F-layer. In turn, decreasing the density of the ionospheric plasma results in the increase of the transparency of the ionosphere for cosmic radio waves.
[link to iopscience.iop.org]

We study the excitation of low-frequency (0.001–10 Hz) electromagnetic and density fluctuations in the ionosphere during the passage of seismic triggered acoustic waves (AWs). The study involves the generation of ionospheric currents by AWs and subsequent perturbations of the electromagnetic fields and ion and electron density.
[link to onlinelibrary.wiley.com]

Sound loops around the earth, just as solar filaments... bouncing off their ceilings

Fig 5 - [link to igpphome.ucsd.edu]

The lithosphere - ionosphere 'coupling':
[link to www.ursi.org]

And the sun blasts a drum with a membrane at 50-100 km:

The D region appears sun-synchronously and nearly disappears at night. During a radiative eruption from
the sun’s surface, known as a solar flare, a sudden ionospheric disturbance (SID) can occur.
During coronal or solar mass ejections (CME/SME) a huge amount
of solar material is ejected from the sun which propagates through interplanetary space with frozen-in
magnetic fields forming magnetic clouds.

Mid-latitude spread-F is identified in ionograms by multiple and spread F layer traces. These are caused
by strong undulations and irregular plasma structuring in the F region electron density (Haldoupis et al.
2003). In the literature several generation mechanisms are described, ranging from the passage of large
scale atmospheric gravity waves, electrodynamic forces and large-scale plasma instabilities.

rethink big (traveling ionospheric disturbance (TID)):

Large-scale TIDs are characterised by horizontal wavelengths of up to a few
thousands kilometer and periods of about half an hour up to about 4 hours. They are connected with winds
propagating equatorwards at velocities of 50-200 m/s (180-720 km/h).
[link to www.dtic.mil]

etc etc

We're basically in the dielectric of the air shell.
The air is like a fractionating column, light stuff on top.
Reflection, transmission+refraction, absorption, emissivity, all play in as a function of altitude, latitude, composition, etc. That's all for the models and heady stuff.

The atmosphere thins and loses its bounce. Suddenly 'things' overhead or just over the horizon can be heard. Could be a quarry, could be the Glory.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
01/31/2012 08:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
This was a jolly good lark, but its sad that a scientist has been taken in by this hoax.

You cant realy take this seriously can you? The link features a video montage of the sounds, each one different - very different. One clip (2nd, 3rd?) is sound from the film Red State thats the root off all this. Two im pretty sure are from ambient techno tracks (Orb and Future Sound of London), others are badly over dubbed samples and others a simple synth sounds.

It a film promotion followed up with copycat viral meme. As hoaxes go its so obvious, how has anyone believed in it?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 9424325

You're INSANE...

The man holds several patents for recording sound. The guy would have said it was fake if it was fake.

For you...

[link to www.youtube.com]

GLP