Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,449 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 223,186
Pageviews Today: 367,032Threads Today: 117Posts Today: 2,128
05:23 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

I haven't used shampoo in over a year, my hair has never felt/looked healthier, girls touch it all the time, it does exactly what I want it to.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10172571
United States
02/04/2012 03:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
I haven't used shampoo in over a year, my hair has never felt/looked healthier, girls touch it all the time, it does exactly what I want it to.
It's apparently a big secret-- just stop putting sodium lauryl sulfate in your fucking hair. It's making you go bald fellas. It's giving you split ends and frizz, gentlewomen.

Your hair won't stink; in fact, you will smell more of your body's pheromones; the compounds that tell the opposite sex, "Hey. You there, with the cute face. Be attracted to me."

You are not only paying for your scalp's demise, you're actively applying the poisons that do it to you.
Quit that.

Jesus.

(Disclaimer-- Alot of retardedly expensive "organic" shampoos lack this compound, and aren't bad for your hair. They just strip your hair of all the natural, necessary oils your body produces specifically to nourish your follicles, and then (if you condition as well) puts back the wrong sort of oil to do the same job. Herp.

Also, RP2012, abolish duh fed. ohyeah
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
02/04/2012 03:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: I haven't used shampoo in over a year, my hair has never felt/looked healthier, girls touch it all the time, it does exactly what I want it to.
Addendum:

-RINSE- your hair as often as you feel necessary with cold water. Rub it from the follicles to the tips, distribute those natural oils. I'm not saying don't -WASH- your hair; I often do twice daily. Just don't shampoo.

K. Tee tee why el.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1531456
United States
02/04/2012 03:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: I haven't used shampoo in over a year, my hair has never felt/looked healthier, girls touch it all the time, it does exactly what I want it to.
I don 't use shampoo either. Twice a month I "wash" using conditioner. Shampoo destroys your hair. Naturally curly hair gets completely stripped.
Marax

User ID: 4103417
United States
02/04/2012 03:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
I agree with you on this one OP. I quit using shampoo a few months ago and I cant belive how good my hair looks. Its as soft as silk! I just scrub the shit out of it when I'm in the shower. Doesnt stink, its not greasy. Its just awesome!
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

I'd like to go quietly in my sleep, like grandpa did. Not screaming in terror like the people in the back seat of the car he was driving.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1531456
United States
02/04/2012 03:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
Addendum:

-RINSE- your hair as often as you feel necessary with cold water. Rub it from the follicles to the tips, distribute those natural oils. I'm not saying don't -WASH- your hair; I often do twice daily. Just don't shampoo.

K. Tee tee why el.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 10172571

Yes. Massage the scalp, too
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8393725
Canada
02/04/2012 03:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
why dont you just stop showering you know dat flouride be attackin u
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10145053
Canada
02/04/2012 03:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have noticed the greasy, unwashed street bum look is quite popular with the kids today. I don't quite get it myself. I never thought looking like I ate out of dumpsters would probably be a good thing.
Marax

United States
Report Abusive Post
why dont you just stop showering you know dat flouride be attackin u
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 8393725

nahah
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

I'd like to go quietly in my sleep, like grandpa did. Not screaming in terror like the people in the back seat of the car he was driving.
zarzamora

User ID: 7192675
Canada
Report Abusive Post
Shampoo is just conditioner with the "poo" in it to make it lather...fuck shampoo. A conspiracy to make more money and make you spend more time thinking about yourself...it's the little things, lol.
DoubleHelix

User ID: 1507592
United States
02/04/2012 03:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
How long is your hair and do you cut your own hair also?

It makes me wonder what a barber would say about your hair health. They would probably spew some BS and try to sell you shampoo, conditioner and hairspray.
"I posit that the human being has the capability to utilize the ''real eyes'' to ''realize'' and see through the ''real lies'' ...The ''real eyes'' can only become operational when the heart and higher mind are in synchronized, which requires dual brain hemisphere synchronization."~Danial

My [email protected] 1111x1111=1234321<[NUMERICAL PYRAMID;]

“Injustice never rules forever.” - Seneca
JATMON

User ID: 7518028
United States
02/04/2012 03:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
NO WAY would I go even a day without shampooing my hair.
Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid,
it is true that most stupid people are conservative.

John Stuart Mill
It's much harder to be a liberal than a conservative. Why?
Because it is easier to give someone the finger than a helping hand.
Mike Royko
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7340804
United States
02/04/2012 03:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
sodium lauryl sulfate makes my skin blister
Da Purple Chicken

User ID: 7667691
United States
02/04/2012 03:48 PM

Report Abusive Post
Yep - I went "no poo" a little over a month ago - amazing!!!!

I am totally in love with my hair now.

And, a nice bonus - after my daughter's accident several years ago, my hair started thinning due to stress. Luckily, because I have super curly hair, no one noticed but me. Now that I've quit using chemicals on my scalp and hair, it's growing back! I have a quarter inch of new growth AND it's coming back in my natural hair color and not gray.
“If we are peaceful, if we are happy, we can smile and blossom like a flower, and everyone in our family, our entire society, will benefit from our peace.”
Thich Nhat Hanh, Being Peace

"But ask the animals, and they will teach you,
or the birds in the sky, and they will tell you;
or speak to the earth, and it will teach you,
or let the fish in the sea inform you." - Job 12:7,8

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

revstargazer (at) hotmail.com
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
02/04/2012 03:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have noticed the greasy, unwashed street bum look is quite popular with the kids today. I don't quite get it myself. I never thought looking like I ate out of dumpsters would probably be a good thing.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 10145053

I have no interest in looking greasy, and, as I specified above, I am far from "unwashed". When I run my hands through my hair, not only does it not tangle, it comes away only slightly more oily than if I'd just rubbed a clean paper towel with the same hand. This is a good thing. Your body does not accidentally produce superfluous compounds. If you're of the opinion that it does, I guess we're done here.

Let us not make blanket generalizations which lump the dread-headed hipsters one sees "up in duh club" with fine, contributing members of society who know better than to poison their scalps.
Marax

United States
02/04/2012 03:51 PM
Report Abusive Post

It makes me wonder what a barber would say about your hair health. They would probably spew some BS and try to sell you shampoo, conditioner and hairspray.
 Quoting: DoubleHelix

My hair is really short. Only about an inch long. Yes I cut my own. I spend about 5min scrubbing the shit out of it in the shower.

Da Purple Chicken

United States
02/04/2012 03:51 PM

Report Abusive Post

It's not greasy and unwashed you tard!

Just no chemicals and no shampoo.

I use baking soda and water for wash and then vinegar and water for condition, once a week. Plain water scrub and rinse in between.
“If we are peaceful, if we are happy, we can smile and blossom like a flower, and everyone in our family, our entire society, will benefit from our peace.”

Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
02/04/2012 03:52 PM
Report Abusive Post

I keep my hair cut err.. I suppose a little longer than the standard male length? Half of my neck is exposed in the back, fluffy, feathery on top, bangs don't even touch my eyebrows.

I got a haircut last week, and the hair-do-ist lady (you know that the government requires you to have a god damn license to cut hair? What is this gestapo bullshit?) and she asked me, rather incredulously, "What do you put in your hair? You have such nice highlights!"

To which I smiling replied, "Nothin'." =)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1486940
United States
02/04/2012 03:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
I agree, same here, started a few months ago. I still do deep condition the ends and use jojoba oil to moisturize it after I shower. Amazing how fast it dries now, too. The only down side is that when I need to color it, it messes up my scalp again and I have to start over.
DoubleHelix

User ID: 1507592
United States
Report Abusive Post

My hair is really short. Only about an inch long. Yes I cut my own. I spend about 5min scrubbing the shit out of it in the shower.
 Quoting: Marax

Cool!

I'm down for this.

I was using Burts Bees Shampoo and conditioner.
"I posit that the human being has the capability to utilize the ''real eyes'' to ''realize'' and see through the ''real lies'' ...The ''real eyes'' can only become operational when the heart and higher mind are in synchronized, which requires dual brain hemisphere synchronization."~Danial

My [email protected] 1111x1111=1234321<[NUMERICAL PYRAMID;]

“Injustice never rules forever.” - Seneca
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10163196
Brazil
Report Abusive Post
I can't live without shampoo. If I stay 2 days without wash my head, the smell begins to bother me and my hair falls in double.

It is just a matter of choose the right shampoo for your hair. Neutrogena is bad for my kind of hair, it let it too much dry. I'm using Finesse shampoo, it is great, give the right balance between shape and softness.

Shampoo is healthy for your scalp, trust me.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 944253
United States
02/04/2012 03:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
Wash your hair you freakin hippie. You probalby pee in the shower too don't you....
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
02/04/2012 03:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
I can't live without shampoo. If I stay 2 days without wash my head, the smell begins to bother me and my hair falls in double.

It is just a matter of choose the right shampoo for your hair. Neutrogena is bad for my kind of hair, it let it too much dry. I'm using Finesse shampoo, it is great, give the right balance between shape and softness.

Shampoo is healthy for your scalp, trust me.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 10163196

"...If I stay 2 days without wash my head..."

There's your problem, man. It's not a 2 day thing. It's a change in lifestyle. You're not going to notice overnight if you've been shampooing all of your life. =)

I encourage you to go one month, 30 days, without putting any product in your hair. Simply rinse daily, and see what happens. No one will be offended by the smell of your hair, unless you have some sort of Seinfeldian mutant body odor, but this is quite uncommon. Also, still use (preferably organic rather than commercial, for your skin's sake) soap--just not shampoo!
Da Purple Chicken

United States
02/04/2012 04:02 PM

Report Abusive Post
I agree, same here, started a few months ago. I still do deep condition the ends and use jojoba oil to moisturize it after I shower. Amazing how fast it dries now, too. The only down side is that when I need to color it, it messes up my scalp again and I have to start over.
 Quoting: SaintIn

Use henna - there are all different shades (not just red) and it's super good for your hair.

Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
02/04/2012 04:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
Wash your hair you freakin hippie. You probalby pee in the shower too don't you....
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 944253

...You are clearly illiterate.

I have specified innumerous times in just this post that I indeed wash my hair. Often twice a day.

I don't pee in the shower, but if you do, it wouldn't be any sort of health hazard. Urine is completely sterile (That big word means "Not icky"), but I'm also assuming that lacking any sort of literacy, you likely have no notions of chemistry, so I'll just leave it at that.
Marax

United States
02/04/2012 04:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
Shampoo strips your scalp and hair of natural oils, so your body tries to compensate by kicking the production into overdrive. You will need to counter that by washing your hair for a LONG time or trying some kind of mild soap until your body gets used to not haveing that nasty shampoo on it

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10120967
Canada
02/04/2012 04:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
true story. been doing this for years (have long hair..) it takes about a month for your hair to adjust but its worth it. you can rinse w/ apple cider vinegar (dilute some in water). also, i do a weekly ish coconut oil treatment (w/ tee tree oil) that keeps my hair super conditioned & healthy. after an oil treatment i dont usually need to wash my hair for a few days, its that nice :)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10100359
United Kingdom
02/04/2012 04:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
I use realpoo
Da Purple Chicken

United States
02/04/2012 04:09 PM

Report Abusive Post
true story. been doing this for years (have long hair..) it takes about a month for your hair to adjust but its worth it. you can rinse w/ apple cider vinegar (dilute some in water). also, i do a weekly ish coconut oil treatment (w/ tee tree oil) that keeps my hair super conditioned & healthy. after an oil treatment i dont usually need to wash my hair for a few days, its that nice :)
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 10120967

I usually work a small amount of coconut oil into my hair when wet.

Just tried an egg yolk and avocado hair mask last week - beautiful and shiney!

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10145053
Canada
02/04/2012 04:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'm part Romanian. Eastern Europeans are very oily people. I don't wash my hair for two days and it looks like I showered on the Quaker State bottling line.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8898400
France
02/04/2012 04:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
Me neither LOL

:Hi_1:
Who.

User ID: 10173320
Spain
02/04/2012 04:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'm part Romanian. Eastern Europeans are very oily people. I don't wash my hair for two days and it looks like I showered on the Quaker State bottling line.

Heck, some of you just don't get it, don't you? OP is NOT saying "don't wash your hair", he's saying "wash it everytime you want, but don't use shampoo"...

OP, I'm with you (5 stars). I stopped using shampoo two months ago and my hair looks/SMELLS right. I don't use any bathing gel, either, and my skin is also right.
Weirdness isn't weird, here.
So... no need to go "O_o"... but I can't help going O_o the most of the time!
To O_o or not to O_o?

GLP