Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,879 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 981,868
Pageviews Today: 1,753,908Threads Today: 750Posts Today: 13,376
07:53 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

<<Advancing Bird Flu-H5N1...Now following MERS and Ebola approaching PANDEMICS>>>

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1473574
United States
02/07/2012 05:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: <<Advancing Bird Flu-H5N1...Now following MERS and Ebola approaching PANDEMICS>>>
hope this spreads to plague-like proportions
need more excitement in my life
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9137384
United Kingdom
02/07/2012 05:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: <<Advancing Bird Flu-H5N1...Now following MERS and Ebola approaching PANDEMICS>>>
hope this spreads to plague-like proportions
need more excitement in my life
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1473574

You hope?

*sigh*
DoomingItUp

User ID: 4952776
United States
02/07/2012 05:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
We just had the plain old flu in our house...it was bad enough. This shit is damn scary. At least with economic collapse or something I have a chance to keep my kids safe and alive. I couldn't imagine the terror of a world wide flu ala Contagion.
arkay  (OP)

User ID: 944501
Australia
02/07/2012 06:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Its happened again, someone has voted absolute BS to this thread!!!

I really cannot understand the calousness of some people.

This thread is supposed to be informative and helpful, why would anyone wish to see people deprived of such important
information?
 Quoting: arkay

You sound more concerned about your star-rating than about the disease. Maybe you should just ignore the star-rating and focus on presenting information.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 8021018

I am concerned about the star rating, and with very good reasons.

I read GLP extensively and I use those ratings to help me filter out a lot of rubbish that isnt generally appreciated by other viewers,a low star rating causes threads to slip off the main page before many people have a chance to read it and in this particular case, if you actually take the time to read it all, it might just help save your life, sound important?

Therefore, when I post something and some thoughtless mug downgrades a thread that just may be important, mine or anyone elses, I get annoyed.

Is that so wrong?

I suggest that YOU learn to appreciate why those tools are really placed here for us all to use.

Sorry if I sound harsh, just balancing your "comment".
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4280163
United States
02/07/2012 06:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
Shit!

I better go get vacinnated!!!

lmao
arkay  (OP)

Australia
02/07/2012 06:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
do you know the area .. my father and family just came back from there and have a flue .. literally flew in three days ago ..
 Quoting: rosie80

Quoting from the link...

The Mekong Delta province of Soc Trang has become the third province in Vietnam to report bird flu outbreak this year

I dont think that its time to go into panic mode yet, as I havent heard that it has directly transmitted, most but not all cases appear to be through direct contact with poultry.

Having said that, viruses can mutate in the course of just a day or so, so caution is really the very best suggestion anyone can offer.

Should they, or anyone else travelling to those regions begin to feel the slightest bit unwell, then the best advive is to get to your medico immediately.

Hope all is ok for your family.

Hello

All cases are transmitted to humans by poultry. The new modified H5N1 can be transmitted from human to human. Right now it is locked down in 2 labs, one in sweden I believe and the other here in the USA.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1138685

You are in all likleyhood correct as far as can be established at this stage, however, there have been a few isolated human cases reported where there has been a total absence of contact with poultry leaving officials in some doubt that there might already be some isolated strains of H5N1 that could have made the mutation to become transmissable via airborne particles such as I mentioned happens when you cough or sneeze.

Eventually this mutation will occur, just because scientists have "artificially" achieved this only goes to prove that the virus CAN make that mutation, and this is precisely why all medical professionals are so concerned by any news of the Bird Flu.

This too is also why there have been several occasions now where millions of domestic birds have had to be destroyed whenever there have been detected cases in their flocks.

It helps minimize the chances of the cross-over mutation occuring.

A couple of years ago I was watching the late edition of "Skynews" and they reported a significant human outbreak in India, and where they stated that the CDC had dispatched an army of 300 personel to manage the outbreak.

Interestingly, that was the ONLY mention ever made of the incident, and I watched intensely for more news...there was a complete media black-out on the matter, and I found THAT to be extremely concerning.

Its probably why I pay so much attention to the subject now as I believe that with a disease so likely to spread and kill so effectively, our authorities will not be able to be very effective in controlling it and as such they'll probably just deprive us of any news and leave us all to our own.

Sad but what else could they do anyway?
Skin Suit

United States
02/07/2012 06:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
i just drove around to three different walgreens and got 3 free flu shots!

bring it on!
5a
arkay  (OP)

Australia
02/07/2012 06:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
The following excerpt is from an article out of Indonesia and translated into English. The link is to the original Indo source. Here the Health Minister indicates the more recently the death rate from H5N1 has reached 80% of infected cases.
---------------------

Indonesia Health Minister Suspected Bird Flu Immune Drug

Author: Cornelius Eko SusantoJumat, January 20, 2012 22:47 pm
[link to www.mediaindonesia.com]

JAKARTA - MICOM: Health Minister Endang Rahayu Sedyaningsih suspect in Indonesia has occurred the possibility of resistance (drug resistance) to the drug oseltamivir.

The hypothesis was made based on the presence of some positive victims of bird flu in Indonesia are still died despite oseltamivir have been given early.

"I suspect that the oseltamivir resistance has occurred in Indonesia. That is why the death rate of bird flu patients here reaches more than 80% when oseltamivir was given,"said Minister of Health at a press conference after the ministerial coordination meeting to discuss bird flu on Friday (20 / 1), in Jakarta. He said, there may exist a specific gene in the H5N1 virus in Indonesia that caused the H5N1 virus in Indonesia is more virulent than the H5N1 virus that is in another country.
 Quoting: EMA 10322687

Thanks for all that EMA, very informative and also excellent research.

I had heard that Tamiflu might be losing it sting and THAT is also very worrying, we dont have much else available in the case of viral infection.

Also, Im unaware of any vaccines for H5N1 yet either.

I know when SARS got going there was a good 3 or so months before a vaccine could be prepared for that, so Id expect similar timeframes for H5N1, which by then might be too late!
EMA
User ID: 10356431
United States
02/07/2012 07:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have been a member of PFI [Pandemic Flu Forum] since 2006. Yes, Tamiflu resistance is now likely. We are seeing cases that get better after Tamiflu and then relapse and die quickly.

New cases in both Indonesia and Viet Nam discussed today. First:,here's a link from Dr. Niman's site Recombinomics Commentary 06:00 February 4, 2012

Suspect H5N1 Cluster In Soc Trang Vietnam

[link to www.recombinomics.com]

This in reference to a woman who died and who's husband and newborn son are in intensive care all suspect H5N1.
------------

There's also another fatal H5N1 case today in West Java, Indonesia, accompanied by symptomatic family members. No poultry contact according to the health team that came to the village to investigate.

Indo link: [link to www.bisnis.com]

Short excerpt translated: Bandung: A Person suspect bird flu that was treated in RSHS Bandung died on Tuesday around struck 16:35.<snip>

"The patient came with the condition very ugly," said Doctor Primal Sudjana, the spokesperson the Special Medical Team of Infectious Diseases RSHS Bandung. The patient experienced failed the breath also failed the heart when being handled by the team.

The doctor team's suspicion that SA flattest the virus H5N1 was seen from the inflammation of the patient's lungs that took place fast.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9816158
United States
02/07/2012 07:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
This could be the one, we haven't had a major flu pandemic in almost a hundred years.

In 1918 the spanish flu killed 50-100million people roughly 3% of the worlds population.
DOVE
User ID: 10238243
United States
02/07/2012 07:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thread: 11/11/11 Viral Release

I have been saying it for some time.

DOVE
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9816158
United States
02/07/2012 07:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
This could be the one, we haven't had a major flu pandemic in almost a hundred years.

In 1918 the spanish flu killed 50-100million people roughly 3% of the worlds population.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 9816158

It only had a 20% fatality rate but was highly contageous so 1/3 of people caught it.

This with 60% fatality and also being highly contageous could potentially kill 10% of the population.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1012969
United States
02/07/2012 07:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
Bet the chemtrails are flowing heavy there right now
Skin Suit

United States
02/07/2012 07:42 PM
Report Abusive Post

not with free walgreen's vaccines on our side

superhero

superobama
arkay  (OP)

Australia
02/07/2012 07:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have been a member of PFI [Pandemic Flu Forum] since 2006. Yes, Tamiflu resistance is now likely. We are seeing cases that get better after Tamiflu and then relapse and die quickly.

New cases in both Indonesia and Viet Nam discussed today. First:,here's a link from Dr. Niman's site Recombinomics Commentary 06:00 February 4, 2012

Suspect H5N1 Cluster In Soc Trang Vietnam

[link to www.recombinomics.com]

This in reference to a woman who died and who's husband and newborn son are in intensive care all suspect H5N1.
------------

There's also another fatal H5N1 case today in West Java, Indonesia, accompanied by symptomatic family members. No poultry contact according to the health team that came to the village to investigate.

Indo link: [link to www.bisnis.com]

Short excerpt translated: Bandung: A Person suspect bird flu that was treated in RSHS Bandung died on Tuesday around struck 16:35.<snip>

"The patient came with the condition very ugly," said Doctor Primal Sudjana, the spokesperson the Special Medical Team of Infectious Diseases RSHS Bandung. The patient experienced failed the breath also failed the heart when being handled by the team.

The doctor team's suspicion that SA flattest the virus H5N1 was seen from the inflammation of the patient's lungs that took place fast.

Quoting: EMA 10356431

Thank you EMA, I had a feeling that you were pretty close to the heart of things right from your first post here.

If I might respectfully comment, that your input here is not only greatly appreciated, but potentially could significantly contribute to saving many lives, and being medical, I also know that this is a genuine passion for you.

Would you please stay with us here and add all you are able.

I understand that your time will be in demand, but we are reaching quite a few people now and your input can spread pretty quickly through a medium such as GLP.

Again thank you so much.
arkay  (OP)

Australia
02/07/2012 07:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
Of some concern, after my daily look at...

[link to hisz.rsoe.hu]

Not only have they removed the previously reported cases of bird flu deaths, that I commenced this thread with.

Now they are not, at least yet, reporting the newer cases that EMA has just bought to light in her recent post.

This worries me.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9924065
United Kingdom
02/07/2012 07:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
this is a manmade mutant strain,why the fuck do we need to even tamer with thease germs,and it can become airbourn,pandemic here we come strap the fuck in doomtards
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1302349
Canada
02/07/2012 07:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
Captain Tripps.

zombies
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9924065
United Kingdom
02/07/2012 07:59 PM
Report Abusive Post

It only had a 20% fatality rate but was highly contageous so 1/3 of people caught it.

This with 60% fatality and also being highly contageous could potentially kill 10% of the population.

yea add the fucking deep freeze europe is having and thats got us pretty much over the barrel,sorry dont know what you guys weather is up to,
where did this shit come from plum island?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1437909
Australia
02/07/2012 08:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
I previously engaged in several threads regarding the potentially devestating potential of H5N1.

Some readers who havent even attempted to gain any sort of education have downvoted my thread to the point that no-one got the chance to read and learn, on a topic that I have been closely monitoring for several years, ever since the World Health Organization announced their concerns for it to go pandemic.

Now the following link is showing its steady but relentless advance and in all probability its eventual final evolutionary mutation to become an airborne dissease that will readily spread throughout humanity with devistating effects.

link here:

[link to hisz.rsoe.hu]

Once a virus start to migrate there no stopping them, just be ready to deal with the after effects.
arkay  (OP)

Australia
02/07/2012 08:22 PM
Report Abusive Post

Unfortunately, I think your estimation of 10% population death toll might be massively under estimated.

Depending on just how contagous this bug ends up being when it mutates to airbourne vectoring, and taking into account that it will probably travel around the world in "waves", increasing the risk of exposure to a higher degree of the population.

Then add to that, unlike the 1916 Spanish Flu, that killed overnight, this monster has already been known to have its host linger for over ten days so far, again promoting a greater threat of contamination and of spreading itself.

Not to mention, from what I have read, it is a slow and very painful death.

10%, no I think more like a minimum of 30% and even then Im sceptical of underestimating its capacity, there are just too many "variables" working in its favor for it be terrifyingly devestating.

The very thought of it terrifies me.
Anonymous Coward
Australia
02/07/2012 08:31 PM
Report Abusive Post

Unfortunately, I think your estimation of 10% population death toll might be massively under estimated.

Depending on just how contagous this bug ends up being when it mutates to airbourne vectoring, and taking into account that it will probably travel around the world in "waves", increasing the risk of exposure to a higher degree of the population.

Then add to that, unlike the 1916 Spanish Flu, that killed overnight, this monster has already been known to have its host linger for over ten days so far, again promoting a greater threat of contamination and of spreading itself.

Not to mention, from what I have read, it is a slow and very painful death.

10%, no I think more like a minimum of 30% and even then Im sceptical of underestimating its capacity, there are just too many "variables" working in its favor for it be terrifyingly devestating.

The very thought of it terrifies me.

WW3 the fight for human survival i hope not for everyone sake. Virus take no prisoners or follows any rules.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1261829
United States
02/07/2012 08:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to pandemicinformationnews.blogspot.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10361720
Canada
02/07/2012 08:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
Don't worry -- anything that goes pandemic will be pre-determined and so will already have a vaccine lined up -- you just have to get cosy with the PTB, as they're the only ones who'll have access to it.
arkay  (OP)

Australia
02/07/2012 08:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
Here is a link to the world wide confirmed H5N1 human cases.

[link to maps.google.com]
Anonymous Coward
Australia
02/07/2012 08:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
Don't worry -- anything that goes pandemic will be pre-determined and so will already have a vaccine lined up -- you just have to get cosy with the PTB, as they're the only ones who'll have access to it.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 10361720

No one safe i think, only the ones who contract it and survive or passes by have a chance. Till next time. its a wait an see kind of thing. I hope im wrong.
MzTreeChick

User ID: 8921927
Australia
02/07/2012 08:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
The talk of vaccines is worrying to me.
If you choose to vaccinate please do your research first and make an informed decision.
IMO and it's only IMO, dosing up on Vit C powder is my personal choice to boost the immune system.

OP, didn't they in the last few days kill 10,000 ducks in VIC or SA due to bird flu???
scratching
* Eat recycled food, it's good for the environment and O.K for you. (Judge Dredd)
Anonymous Coward
Australia
02/07/2012 08:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 10361720

No one safe i think, only the ones who contract it and survive or passes by have a chance. Till next time. its a wait an see kind of thing. I hope im wrong.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1437909

Skin Suit

United States
02/07/2012 08:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
If you choose to vaccinate please do your research first and make an informed decision.
IMO and it's only IMO, dosing up on Vit C powder is my personal choice to boost the immune system.

OP, didn't they in the last few days kill 10,000 ducks in VIC or SA due to bird flu???
scratching
 Quoting: MzTreeChick

what you gonna do when a stranger offers you a free needle full of safe juice.

hell noes' i ain't gonna turn that shit away.

i'm gonna spread that arm and let them pump away.

it's fucking free.

you crazy woman.

it's fucking free.

i don't care if i know what polyethylene glycol or strychnine is? if it's free i'm stocking up.

and i'm putting it in my spare salt and pepper shakers and shaking it on my food every day.

lol
MzTreeChick

User ID: 8921927
Australia
02/07/2012 09:10 PM
Report Abusive Post

scratching
 Quoting: MzTreeChick

what you gonna do when a stranger offers you a free needle full of safe juice.

hell noes' i ain't gonna turn that shit away.

i'm gonna spread that arm and let them pump away.

it's fucking free.

you crazy woman.

it's fucking free.

i don't care if i know what polyethylene glycol or strychnine is? if it's free i'm stocking up.

and i'm putting it in my spare salt and pepper shakers and shaking it on my food every day.
lol
 Quoting: Skin Suit

And that is your choice, but as a mother who has a child living with the adverse effects of 'free' vaccines for 13 yrs now I would be CRAZY if I didn't advise people to make a informed decision. You have every right to take the jab, just like I have the right to not.
It's all about information. THEY know more than they are telling us, even the OP has had issues with info being changed or deleted.

As the saying goes, There is no such thing as a free lunch!

ANYTHING that effects our lives we need full disclosure. That is all I am suggestion.
* Eat recycled food, it's good for the environment and O.K for you. (Judge Dredd)

GLP