Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,176 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 235,416
Pageviews Today: 388,252Threads Today: 117Posts Today: 1,919
04:12 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

<<Advancing Bird Flu-H5N1...Now following MERS and Ebola approaching PANDEMICS>>>

arkay  (OP)

User ID: 944501
Australia
02/08/2012 10:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: <<Advancing Bird Flu-H5N1...Now following MERS and Ebola approaching PANDEMICS>>>
hope this spreads to plague-like proportions
need more excitement in my life
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1473574

you might feel differently when you children wife mother or just loved one get it even if you dont care for yourself you must have a heart for someone
 Quoting: anon 10409016

Its absolutely appauling to some responses like this anywhere and at anytime.

I really do wonder just how unfortunate a life these people have had, to be able to display such hatred towards other people.
 Quoting: arkay

was your reply to me or above me

Definately not at you, sorry if there was any missunderstanding.

Just that joker wishing for doom and gloom, thoughtless insensitive so and so, but not you...definately
arkay  (OP)

Australia
02/08/2012 10:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: <<Advancing Bird Flu-H5N1...Now following MERS and Ebola approaching PANDEMICS>>>
[link to newsblogged.com] some interesting bits of info here

anon
User ID: 10409016
United Kingdom

Anon, you have supplied some great links and done some really good research.

Thank you for all your terrific work.

Can I request that if you find more please bring it to us and share.

I have to say that in general, the frequency of articles about H5N1 do seem to be on the increase.

There have been some human to human cases of contamination with resulting fatality, and the overall "feeling" does seem that this bug is gaining a stronger and broader foothold.

We really do need to begin to be more observant and vigilant, is how this is making me feel.
arkay  (OP)

Australia
02/09/2012 04:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
bump
for the apology first and foremost.

but also in the hope of fresh news.

Has anyone seen anything that is current?
Vic-chick13

User ID: 1187984
Canada
02/09/2012 08:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
Don't know if this helps, found it on another thread. I don't know how to post links, sorry.
pandemicinformationnews.blogspot.com
Vic-chick13

User ID: 1187984
Canada
02/09/2012 08:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
Oops. My bad. Have had time to read through the whole thread and see that this link was posted before.
oops2
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4379467
Switzerland
02/09/2012 01:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
Excellent thread!!!
hf
rosie80

User ID: 10280110
United States
02/09/2012 02:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thread: No way of stopping leak of deadly new flu .. says terror chief ?!
.... 22426221213 ....
anon
United Kingdom
02/09/2012 02:20 PM
Report Abusive Post

you might feel differently when you children wife mother or just loved one get it even if you dont care for yourself you must have a heart for someone

Its absolutely appauling to some responses like this anywhere and at anytime.

I really do wonder just how unfortunate a life these people have had, to be able to display such hatred towards other people.

was your reply to me or above me

Definately not at you, sorry if there was any missunderstanding.

Just that joker wishing for doom and gloom, thoughtless insensitive so and so, but not you...definately

no probs there attitude gisgusts me blatent disregard for human life
anon
United Kingdom
02/09/2012 02:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
op pleae i would like your oppinion taking in concideration the following
recession/deppression going around europe
drop in standard of living, people perhaps noting eating as well as they should , not able to keep warm because of fear of heating costs, wars in middle east and presant freezing temps over europe do you see a repeat of history
as most great plagues seem i think to happen when people are already weakened by the factors above
your thoughts please

sorry I missed a lot of posts from here on so I'll try to catch up for everyone, different time zones, Im pushin zzzz's and you are all reading!!

Re your question regarding environmental influences that appear to have a cause and effect nature.

In this case I think that you have been quite observant and questioning in the way you apply your logic, but these environmental occurances really are pretty cyclic one way or another and the emergance of major pandemics that seem to correlate are simple coincidences, at least in the cases of killer flu's.

If you look back through this thread, and just look for EMA's posts and mine directly below one of hers, you will see a pretty good explaination as to how these bugs actually kill the healthiest in our communities, which of course is in complete opposition to what you would expect.

Sorry I was late with your answer.

Cheers

no probs thank you for taking the time to answer I ll look back as you suggest , my thought was is nature taking out the weakest but as you say it seems to target the healthy very worrying
anon
United Kingdom
02/09/2012 02:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to newsblogged.com] some interesting bits of info here

anon
United Kingdom

Anon, you have supplied some great links and done some really good research.

Thank you for all your terrific work.

Can I request that if you find more please bring it to us and share.

I have to say that in general, the frequency of articles about H5N1 do seem to be on the increase.

There have been some human to human cases of contamination with resulting fatality, and the overall "feeling" does seem that this bug is gaining a stronger and broader foothold.

We really do need to begin to be more observant and vigilant, is how this is making me feel.

your very welcome as I said been following this for some time very worrying have a nice evening
anon
United Kingdom
02/09/2012 02:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.moneycontrol.com]
just more to the collection
anon
United Kingdom
02/09/2012 02:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.nature.com] there are lots of extras on this site
anon
United Kingdom
02/09/2012 02:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to bikyamasr.com]
EGYTIAN cases
anon
United Kingdom
02/09/2012 02:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.pediatricsupersite.com]
HI arkay this may be useful I am not medical so much of it is over my head but I hope its of use
anon
United Kingdom
02/09/2012 02:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to web.oie.int]
if you can navigate this site its useful
anon
United Kingdom
02/09/2012 03:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to english.peopledaily.com.cn]
anon
United Kingdom
02/09/2012 03:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to web.oie.int]
this has a good history of reports
anon
United Kingdom
02/09/2012 03:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to web.oie.int]
india
anon
United Kingdom
02/09/2012 03:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to web.oie.int]
this looks like its spreading on yhis map
anon
United Kingdom
02/09/2012 03:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.phac-aspc.gc.ca]
anon
United Kingdom
02/09/2012 03:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to wwwnc.cdc.gov]
airlines prepardness
anon
United Kingdom
02/09/2012 03:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.cdc.gov]
animal bird h5n1 cases
anon
United Kingdom
02/09/2012 03:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.cdc.gov]
animal bird h5n1 cases
arkay  (OP)

Australia
02/09/2012 07:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.nature.com] there are lots of extras on this site

To "ANON" above, and all those numerous links you have provided, I really cannot express the gratitude and immense respect for your extensive contributions.

There is a huge amount of excellent information contained in all those links that you have so diligently researched and generously provided.

I can only recommend that all readers take the necessary time to read and absorb as much as they can from them.

This is clearly a work of a very concerned and caring individual.

Again many many thanks to you.

Wish you were signed in, I would be passing on a karma to you, but that really isnt what this is really about.
arkay  (OP)

Australia
02/09/2012 08:04 PM
Report Abusive Post

Hi rosie80, good to see you are still following this thread, and apparently becoming actively interested in the subject.

Also thank you for your link.

Might I ask how your family members are at this time, I truely hope they are well and that there was nothing really too concerning with them, also might I also ask if you followed my suggestions and also to what extent.

This might sound a little confronting for me to request this type of feedback, but my reasoning is simple.

When I made those suggestions, I had no idea of the impact I was having, so what I would like to know is, what I need to learn, in order for me to be effective when I do make those type of suggestions to complete strangers, that is my reasoning.

If you think that its a bit intrusinve, as even I probably would, feel completely free to dissmiss my request, I will completely understand and there is no harm done.

Many thanks and stay well.

Cheers
arkay  (OP)

Australia
02/09/2012 09:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
After being isolated for more than 30 hours, a 37-year-old paperboy, SA, suspected of being infected with bird flu died on Tuesday at 4:30 p.m. in the isolation room of Hasan Sadikin Hospital in Bandung, West Java.

taken from here...

[link to hisz.rsoe.hu]

This death happened no Tuesday in West Java.

It appears that the authorities there might be trying to down play this a bit too, the story seems to be somewhat evasive.

Of real concern is that there seems to be at least one fresh case being reported on a pretty much daily basis now.

Its scarin me in particular as a lot of them ARE heading into my part of the worls, sorry if that sounds a bit selfinterested, but dying from this bugs is NOT what I had in mind for my eventual departure.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1175610
Australia
02/09/2012 09:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
do you know the area .. my father and family just came back from there and have a flue .. literally flew in three days ago ..
 Quoting: rosie80

Quoting from the link...

The Mekong Delta province of Soc Trang has become the third province in Vietnam to report bird flu outbreak this year

I dont think that its time to go into panic mode yet, as I havent heard that it has directly transmitted, most but not all cases appear to be through direct contact with poultry.

Having said that, viruses can mutate in the course of just a day or so, so caution is really the very best suggestion anyone can offer.

Should they, or anyone else travelling to those regions begin to feel the slightest bit unwell, then the best advive is to get to your medico immediately.

Hope all is ok for your family.

Me too .. and happy I didn't meet up with them yet .. I wonder how far that is from Tay Ninh .. i am gonna google it .. I just know that they got sick after the flight and figured jet lag and now they are all sick ..

"OUCH"

Without any undue waste of time, please contact the airline they were travelling on and do two things...

ONE) Tell them what has happened and that you are concerned, and ask if they've had any other requests for this info, on that particular flight, leave them your contact details.

They'll probably be wary of a lawsuit so put that to rest.

TWO) Im not too sure how you can do this as I'm not an American, but you should advise the CDC of your information and contact details.

Also, it might be a very good idea to suggest that your family members, all now that have been in direct contact, since their return, to place themselves into voluntary quarantine for a few days, get them to talk to their medico's and ask about these suggestions...PLEASE..

sorry, I dont want to over dramatize this but caution is better than the possible conseqences.

Again, I truely hope all will be well.

That is what should be done and is very civic minded, but in this day and age do you think that people would ever do that voluntarily?
arkay  (OP)

Australia
02/09/2012 10:04 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting from the link...

The Mekong Delta province of Soc Trang has become the third province in Vietnam to report bird flu outbreak this year

I dont think that its time to go into panic mode yet, as I havent heard that it has directly transmitted, most but not all cases appear to be through direct contact with poultry.

Having said that, viruses can mutate in the course of just a day or so, so caution is really the very best suggestion anyone can offer.

Should they, or anyone else travelling to those regions begin to feel the slightest bit unwell, then the best advive is to get to your medico immediately.

Hope all is ok for your family.

Me too .. and happy I didn't meet up with them yet .. I wonder how far that is from Tay Ninh .. i am gonna google it .. I just know that they got sick after the flight and figured jet lag and now they are all sick ..

"OUCH"

Without any undue waste of time, please contact the airline they were travelling on and do two things...

ONE) Tell them what has happened and that you are concerned, and ask if they've had any other requests for this info, on that particular flight, leave them your contact details.

TWO) Im not too sure how you can do this as I'm not an American, but you should advise the CDC of your information and contact details.

Also, it might be a very good idea to suggest that your family members, all now that have been in direct contact, since their return, to place themselves into voluntary quarantine for a few days, get them to talk to their medico's and ask about these suggestions...PLEASE..

sorry, I dont want to over dramatize this but caution is better than the possible conseqences.

That is what should be done and is very civic minded, but in this day and age do you think that people would ever do that voluntarily?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1175610

Actually yes I do think that reasoning people who can appreciate the enormity and importance of a matter like this should and would do that.

What are the alternatives, sit back, wondering that maybe I could have saved thousands of lives if Id made that tiny little bit of difference.

How would your concience deal with that once an event like that got going and you began to think about it?
arkay  (OP)

Australia
02/09/2012 11:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Excellent thread!!!
hf
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 4379467

Thanks to all the contributors to it.

And since it was started, there seems to be more and more really recent, related reports beginning to filter in.

This is becoming a worrying trend, so please if anyone has anything to add, you are all most welcome to contribute.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1175610
Australia
02/09/2012 11:31 PM
Report Abusive Post

"OUCH"

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1175610

Actually yes I do think that reasoning people who can appreciate the enormity and importance of a matter like this should and would do that.

What are the alternatives, sit back, wondering that maybe I could have saved thousands of lives if Id made that tiny little bit of difference.

How would your concience deal with that once an event like that got going and you began to think about it?

We arent talking about my conscience and what I would do, Im talking about all the thousands of airplane travellers that leave and arrive every day in Aus. and how few of them would even consider self quarentine under any circumstances.

The new normal sucks, IMHO

GLP