Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,270 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 560,478
Pageviews Today: 968,321Threads Today: 413Posts Today: 6,778
12:02 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

<<Advancing Bird Flu-H5N1...Now following MERS and Ebola approaching PANDEMICS>>>

anon
User ID: 10553985
United Kingdom
02/11/2012 10:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: <<Advancing Bird Flu-H5N1...Now following MERS and Ebola approaching PANDEMICS>>>
[link to www.pbs.org]
this was in interview carry out regarding eyam derbyshire
if they can predict where out breaks will occur and use this gene in treatment of then perhaps theres hope
anon
User ID: 10574552
United Kingdom
02/11/2012 06:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: <<Advancing Bird Flu-H5N1...Now following MERS and Ebola approaching PANDEMICS>>>
[link to www.redding.com]
not sure if this is related to mammal h5n1 cor not but worth keeping an eye on
MzTreeChick

User ID: 8921927
Australia
02/12/2012 12:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
bump
* Eat recycled food, it's good for the environment and O.K for you. (Judge Dredd)
arkay  (OP)

User ID: 944501
Australia
02/12/2012 06:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
bump
 Quoting: MzTreeChick

Hey, thanks so much for staying here, clearly there are some really important matters that we might be able to elevate into some really worthwhile outcomes...you obviously think a lot like me and have probably watched some of those tv shows that I "steal" some of my examples from.

I really want to continue this conversation with you and the other readers here but its just too late tonight for me to contribute anything of significanct substance, so...

With all due respect, I will be back tomorrow and hopefully I might be able to either contribute something of value or even better still, stimulate someone else with better ideas that will be appropriate along with all the great directions that have had an airing so far.

So, till then, sleep tight, stay calm and be happy.

cheers
anon
User ID: 10634254
United Kingdom
02/12/2012 05:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump

Hey, thanks so much for staying here, clearly there are some really important matters that we might be able to elevate into some really worthwhile outcomes...you obviously think a lot like me and have probably watched some of those tv shows that I "steal" some of my examples from.

I really want to continue this conversation with you and the other readers here but its just too late tonight for me to contribute anything of significanct substance, so...

With all due respect, I will be back tomorrow and hopefully I might be able to either contribute something of value or even better still, stimulate someone else with better ideas that will be appropriate along with all the great directions that have had an airing so far.

So, till then, sleep tight, stay calm and be happy.

cheers
 Quoting: arkay

sleep well
anon
United Kingdom
02/12/2012 05:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to pandemicinformationnews.blogspot.com]
air newzealand flight from japan passanger flu like symptoms
anon
United Kingdom
02/12/2012 05:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
Medical staff are on board an Air New Zealand plane from Japan that landed this morning at Auckland International Airport with 73 passengers suffering flu-like symptoms.
The medics are assessing the passengers to decide how they will be treated and the city's hospitals are on standby for an influx of patients.
A St John ambulance spokeswoman said the passengers are believed to have contracted the H3N2 virus currently spreading throughout Japan.
The plane landed from Tokyo at 9.20am and St John ambulance staff were alerted by Aviation Security Services.
A St John ambulance spokesman said two crews were on the aircraft wearing protective gear while they carried out the assessments. All 274 passengers are remaining on board while that is done.
anon
United Kingdom
02/12/2012 06:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.stuff.co.nz]
this site also re newzealand flight more creadible information
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10633706
United States
02/12/2012 07:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
Excellent Post. Thanks OP for your many years of research on the matter.

Coincidence that I was just listening to an internet radio show where the guest and hosts were discussing health said H5N1 was coming back with a vengeance. Can't remember if it was said in hour 1 or hour 2, but, have a listen if you want.

[link to www.wolfspiritradio.com]

This needs to be pinned!!!

hfhfhf
arkay  (OP)

Australia
02/12/2012 07:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
this...

Over 90% of the cases are due to the Hong Kong influenza A virus subtype H3N2, the report said.

From...

[link to tvnz.co.nz]

And reported above, so thanks for all those who kept this thread moving forward while I took some free time.

Re the above "incident" with THAT flight, this only just goes to serve just how easily a pandemic like H5N1 can so rapidly spread.

Links within this thread have shown the protocols that flight crews SHOULD follow in the event of sickness appearing on a flight.

And, to their credit, this Air New Zealand flight did as they should, but consider this, Air New Zealsnd has one of THE best reputations anywhere in the world, so from them you would expect this.

Not all cheeses are the same in this world and a less profitable or smaller operation might not be as dilligent, or for that matter, wouldnt be very happy with the downtime of one of their aircraft being grounded such as in this case.

Perhaps the would look the other way.

What could the consequences be then?

But, heres a little food for thought, it would be virtually impossible to miss 270 sick passengers, obviously.

But, if it was just one, and that single person was not displaying extreme symptoms, then it would be very very easy for that person to slip under the radar.

Should that happen and manage to either make their way home, or make a connecting flight, just imagine the number of people that all travellers on that flight and all the people they come into contact with and you can see the way such a pandemic would reach unimaginable proportions and the mightmare job it would represent to attempt to contain it and contact all those contactees.
arkay  (OP)

Australia
02/12/2012 08:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
Excellent Post. Thanks OP for your many years of research on the matter.

Coincidence that I was just listening to an internet radio show where the guest and hosts were discussing health said H5N1 was coming back with a vengeance. Can't remember if it was said in hour 1 or hour 2, but, have a listen if you want.

[link to www.wolfspiritradio.com]

This needs to be pinned!!!

hfhfhf
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 10633706

Thank you for your kind comments, but though I may have began this thread, its "excellence" lies totally with all those contributos who to varyng degrees have kept it alive and offered up so much useful information through their personal and independant research, most notable "anaon" for England, apart from slipping her name as Fiona once, she obviously prefers to remain "anaon".

She of all has produced THE single largest collection of appropriate information, and for that we are all heavily indebted to her on this forum.

Ive said it before, she has my deepest respect.

Apart from all that we just need to keep this thread somewhere on the first 6 or 7 pages so that It'll be easy to find should H5N1 begin to show variations that we are all concerned about.

Should that eventuate then this resource will be available and the information it contains will be an excellent knowledge bank.

Most importantly though, the quality contributors/ researchers we have here, will be alerted and their abilities are what I would consider to be the best resource, should that need develop.
arkay  (OP)

Australia
02/12/2012 08:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.redding.com]
not sure if this is related to mammal h5n1 cor not but worth keeping an eye on
 Quoting: anon 10574552

from your link...

"Case of equine influenza reported in Tehama County"

Equine Influenza isnt related to H5N1 fortunately, otherwise, horses as mammals would be posing massive risks to humans as a method for H5N1 to mutate.

We have had several local outbreaks of Equine Influenza here in Australia over the last several years.

Interrestingly, being an Island Nation we are usually insulated from these types of diseases from entering our country.

AQUIS, which is our quarantine facility that oversees the protection from invasion of offshore diseases, pests etc, are very good at what they do, but this one did slip through the screens.

Itd be my guess that it came in via the race horse industry, being the most active to my knowledge, of import/ export of these animals.

Anyway, the real point here is in spite of having excellent protocols and protections here, this new bug snuck through and now it is establishing itself as a part of our environment.

So imagine what would happen if this was H5N1 in a human, what real hope is there for Australia to maintain itself isolated from contamination from the rest of the world.

Even if we could , migrating birds would nullify any efforts anyway.
Anon
United Kingdom
02/13/2012 10:12 AM
Report Abusive Post
Hi arkay thank you for your kind words, glad to be of help in any way I can my friend, been a little tied up today so not had much time but will certainly keep you updated of any information that becomes known to me meanwhile it is vitally important to keep this thread going with as many people contributing as possible in thier own way. It is without doubt of major importance that people become educated and prepared for what could be a worse pandemic than the 1918 taking into account the larger urban areas with close proximity in which people live these days, it would be almost impossible if not completely impossible to prevent movement of people unless armed police were called in with possible effects to shoot on sight. Not something any political party would want to do without very serious thoughts to their futures and in actual effect it would probably be impossible. Hoping you have a great day. :) Anon
anon
United Kingdom
02/13/2012 03:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
Phylogenetic and evolutionary patterns of the six internal genes of an equine H5N1 influenza A virus isolated in Egypt on 2009 were analyzed using direct sequencing. All of the internal genes of the equine H5N1 strain showed a genetic pattern potentially related to Eurasian lineages. Variable dendrogram topologies revealed an absence of reassortment in the equine strain while confirming its close relatedness to other Egyptian H5N1 strains from human and avian species. The equine strain is characterized by a variety of amino acid substitutions in six internal proteins compared to the available Egyptian H5N1 strains. Interestingly, the equine strain displayed amino acids in the PB2, PA, M2 and NS2 proteins that are unique among the available H5N1 sequences in the flu database, and their potential effect on virulence needs to be further investigated.
It seems that horses and donkeys can contract h5n1
and research has been and is still being done on this I will put up some links
anon
United Kingdom
02/13/2012 03:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.recombinomics.com] more confirmation if needed of mammal to mammal transmission we are very close to final evolution before it becomes human to human airborne transmission
anon
United Kingdom
02/13/2012 03:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to vir.sgmjournals.org]
notice the variant protiens are the same as those found in equine h5n1
anon
United Kingdom
02/13/2012 04:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.microbiologybytes.com]
some further research
anon
United Kingdom
02/13/2012 04:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.plosmedicine.org]
perhaps a little hope at the end of a rainbow
anon
United Kingdom
02/13/2012 04:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
Soc Trang Province

2/1/12 Confirmed Human Case
Name: Female (26)
From: t&#7841;i &#7845;p B1,Tan Thanh Commune, District: Thanh Tri
Onset: 1/23 fever, cough
Adm: 1/25 Bac Lieu Province
Recon: 1/23 Thanh Tri district hospital
DOD: 1/28

Notes: Patient was slaughtering and eating infected meat, in areas of sick dead poultry.
Confirmed: Positive

Name: Husband of Female (26) above

Adm: Bac Lieu Province Hospital

Sym’s: Cough, fever

Name: Baby (c-section) of Female (26) above

Adm: Bac Lieu Province Hospital

Diagnosis: pneumonia caused by amniotic infection

Notes: List of contacts of Female (26) confirmed/deceased above, are receiving medical monitoring and Tamiflu.
NOTE they are recieving TAMIFLU what are the unspoken indications pnumonia treated with tamiflu
anon
United Kingdom
02/13/2012 05:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.nature.com]
death rate blurs in mutant flu row
anon
United Kingdom
02/13/2012 05:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.who.int]
cade 2 type is what makes it human transmissable
arkay  (OP)

Australia
02/13/2012 06:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hi arkay thank you for your kind words, glad to be of help in any way I can my friend, been a little tied up today so not had much time but will certainly keep you updated of any information that becomes known to me meanwhile it is vitally important to keep this thread going with as many people contributing as possible in thier own way. It is without doubt of major importance that people become educated and prepared for what could be a worse pandemic than the 1918 taking into account the larger urban areas with close proximity in which people live these days, it would be almost impossible if not completely impossible to prevent movement of people unless armed police were called in with possible effects to shoot on sight. Not something any political party would want to do without very serious thoughts to their futures and in actual effect it would probably be impossible. Hoping you have a great day. :) Anon
 Quoting: Anon 10634254

Again excellent work "ANON", Im yet to get through it all but I know it will be worth the reading, simply answering at the moment, mainly to push this back up for others, but Ill be back to fully study all your inputs, thanks again.
cheers
anon
United Kingdom
02/13/2012 07:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.who.int]
good ref of indevidual cases
arkay  (OP)

Australia
02/13/2012 09:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.plosmedicine.org]
perhaps a little hope at the end of a rainbow
 Quoting: anon 10634254

I agree with your comment there.

This article was written on 21/04/2009, and there is much in there to suggest that immunization research was advancing well as far back as then, and a good understanding within the related disciplines also existed.

One thing that I did pick up on though was that if I read this article correctly it appears that H5N1 may be diverging a little into what essentially would amount to two almost seperate versions/strains of the same virus.

Each seem to be displaying slightly differing reactions to identical therapies, then again, my understanding of some of the technical jargon is limited.

It would be good if someone else more qualified would like to comment on my interpretation of this aspect in the article, it would be appreciated
arkay  (OP)

Australia
02/14/2012 04:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
bump

MzTreeChic..

Thanks for adding me to your friends list I wanted that too but i think you beat me to it!

At some point in the near future I will upgrade my account so that I willl be able to email you directly...if thats ok with you?

If not please say so.

I think that we have a huge connection on so many things that we could do to bring about genuine and valued change with our combined ideas, resources and passions that I am prepared to make that investent on GLP so that we might be able to combine our thoughts and efforts for good things.

Hopefully you are still on the same page here, I just need a few weeks to get myself to where I can make this happen.

My big question is, do you want this to take up part of your life and are you prepared to work at whatever pace we can achieve to do something of real worth...you know where Im coming from here...so...in spite of all your demanding lifestyle commitments, can I ask if you'd be prepared to at least consider this concept?...please...
It might just be input of ideas and thoughts, but you have already very well demonstrated that you have ample qualitits in those areas, and if Im right like minds attract...so Id make the bet that you have a network of friends that would fit into the same mold also...

so maybe this might be the trigger rwhere to start.

I simply see myself as the messenger, possibly the facilitator, but if this is going to go anywhere we need committed people with pasion and preseverance and a view of a better world for not just themselves but for all their family, friends and so forth... basically this really will be an exercise in the "Six Degrees of Seperation".

I will wait for you to consider this commitment, if youd like to move forward there are a million ways that this might occur, it just comes down to belief in yourself and where you would like this world to be...for everyone..

Thats my take on it and I am committed, but I wont waste my time on lost causes either.
anon
United Kingdom
02/14/2012 06:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.chp.gov.hk]
latest report h5n1
anon
United Kingdom
02/14/2012 06:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.thehindubusinessline.com]
bangladesh dead crows sparks alert
MzTreeChick

User ID: 8921927
Australia
02/14/2012 09:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump

MzTreeChic..

Thanks for adding me to your friends list I wanted that too but i think you beat me to it!

At some point in the near future I will upgrade my account so that I willl be able to email you directly...if thats ok with you?

If not please say so.

I think that we have a huge connection on so many things that we could do to bring about genuine and valued change with our combined ideas, resources and passions that I am prepared to make that investent on GLP so that we might be able to combine our thoughts and efforts for good things.

Hopefully you are still on the same page here, I just need a few weeks to get myself to where I can make this happen.

My big question is, do you want this to take up part of your life and are you prepared to work at whatever pace we can achieve to do something of real worth...you know where Im coming from here...so...in spite of all your demanding lifestyle commitments, can I ask if you'd be prepared to at least consider this concept?...please...
It might just be input of ideas and thoughts, but you have already very well demonstrated that you have ample qualitits in those areas, and if Im right like minds attract...so Id make the bet that you have a network of friends that would fit into the same mold also...

so maybe this might be the trigger rwhere to start.

I simply see myself as the messenger, possibly the facilitator, but if this is going to go anywhere we need committed people with pasion and preseverance and a view of a better world for not just themselves but for all their family, friends and so forth... basically this really will be an exercise in the "Six Degrees of Seperation".

I will wait for you to consider this commitment, if youd like to move forward there are a million ways that this might occur, it just comes down to belief in yourself and where you would like this world to be...for everyone..

Thats my take on it and I am committed, but I wont waste my time on lost causes either.
 Quoting: arkay

Hi Arkay,

This would definately be something I am interested in. I do feel we are similar people and have the same ideals. This really could be the start of something. rockon

Since I dissed the DR's and went more natural, my health has improved more in the last 2 months, than it has in the last 2 yrs. So the things I have thought about and wanted to do, since I am physically getting better, I want to rejoin the world and try to actually do something about the 'things' I know are happening and need to be fixed.

On a side note, I was in the ADF for almost 6 yrs before illness took over my life & I fought to the bitter end against been discharged, so I know how to dig in deep. I am also not one to quit but to look & explore different options.

NEVER have been NEVER will be a lost cause!!!

I look forward to your PM when you can & I'll email you.

chorus
* Eat recycled food, it's good for the environment and O.K for you. (Judge Dredd)
anon
User ID: 10831513
United Kingdom
02/15/2012 06:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.nature.com]
genes dont go back into bottles an interesting artical
anon
User ID: 10831513
United Kingdom
02/15/2012 07:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to eugen.leitl.org]
highly leathal h5n1

GLP