Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,375 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 212,426
Pageviews Today: 378,271Threads Today: 192Posts Today: 2,785
04:25 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

<<Advancing Bird Flu-H5N1...Now following MERS and Ebola approaching PANDEMICS>>>

anon
User ID: 10857123
United Kingdom
02/16/2012 06:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: <<Advancing Bird Flu-H5N1...Now following MERS and Ebola approaching PANDEMICS>>>
[link to www.egyptindependent.com]
egypt
anon
United Kingdom
02/16/2012 06:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: <<Advancing Bird Flu-H5N1...Now following MERS and Ebola approaching PANDEMICS>>>
[link to www.egyptindependent.com]
16 02 2012
anon
United Kingdom
02/16/2012 06:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to arkanoidlegent.blogspot.com]
sorry about the double post above wanted to post this but somehow diddnt pick it up
anon
United Kingdom
02/16/2012 06:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
although this is not h5n1 it is h1n1 the fact that its in a prision makes it a perfect breeding ground and possable mutation ground for the virus people many people in an enclosed space sharing cells toilets bedding ect many of the least well educated people wih regards to hygine point ....
anon
United Kingdom
02/16/2012 06:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
I searched for a follow up of thease cases cant find any so dont know if it was h5n1 but they patients died very quickly within 24 hours perhaps someone else could find an update
arkay  (OP)

User ID: 944501
Australia
02/17/2012 07:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks again

anon
United Kingdom

For your seemingly never ending stream of excellent information and research.

Just spotted this peice of information which seems to be showing some common sense.

Heres the headlines...

Deadly bird flu studies to stay secret for now: WHO

Stephanie Nebehay and Kate Kelland, Reuters
Updated February 18, 2012, 8:33 am

heres the link...

[link to au.news.yahoo.com]
anon
User ID: 11031854
United Kingdom
02/18/2012 04:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thought bird flu was gone? Recent human deaths in Asia and Egypt are a reminder that the deadly H5N1 virus is still alive and dangerous. Vietnam is also grappling with a new strain that has outsmarted vaccines long used to help protect its poultry flocks.

Ten people have died in Cambodia, Indonesia, Egypt, China and Vietnam since December during the prime-time flu season when the virus typically flares in poultry. In Vietnam, authorities can no longer rely on the latest poultry vaccine in the north and central regions where new virus strains have been detected.

boston.co
anon
United Kingdom
02/18/2012 05:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks again

anon
United Kingdom

For your seemingly never ending stream of excellent information and research.

Just spotted this peice of information which seems to be showing some common sense.

Heres the headlines...

Deadly bird flu studies to stay secret for now: WHO

Stephanie Nebehay and Kate Kelland, Reuters
Updated February 18, 2012, 8:33 am

heres the link...

[link to au.news.yahoo.com]
 Quoting: arkay

hi arkay thought we;d lost you hope your well,theres a lot of info out there it just seems people dont know were to look hopefully if you keep this thread alive more will be prepared when this thing breaks loose
take care
anon
United Kingdom
02/18/2012 05:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to pandemicinformationnews.blogspot.com]
interesting combanation of factsors here
anon
United Kingdom
02/18/2012 05:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to translate.google.com]
anon
United Kingdom
02/18/2012 05:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: anon 11031854

ok this was stupid i didnt notice the date 1970
what caught my attention was the fact of cattle and birds dying suddenly
anon
United Kingdom
02/18/2012 05:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
Bird flu attack Petamanan Village, District of South Bugul, Makati City. As a result of this incident, dozens of chickens owned by residents, together died suddenly. "5 chickens owned by residents named Karju (50), died suddenly of a sudden, mas. Post-incident, he went on to sell 8 chickens for fear his death as well. Not only that, his wife, now also Ponimah sickly" said Sri Wahyuni , one of the residents on Friday (02/17/2012).

. As a result of the bird flu virus attacked, now residents deeply frightened. Because, they worry it will be more virulent virus spread. Residents fear the virus will spread to humans. "We feared, the virus will attack the children" said Mandy, a resident of the other.

He said dozens of cattle belonging to residents known to die suddenly since last week. However, residents had no idea if this incident of bird flu virus in the attack. "Initially, we also do not think that this bird flu virus" he said.

With the outbreak of a virus attack, the citizens are now more careful in maintaining livestock animals. "If you like this, we are so scared too" he
anon
United Kingdom
02/18/2012 05:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to wwwnc.cdc.gov]
bovine h5n1
anon
United Kingdom
02/18/2012 05:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hong Kong: H5N1 in wild bird
An oriental magpie robin died due to avian influenza H5N1, the World Organisation for Animal Health reported . . .
Updated: 18 February 2012
arkay  (OP)

Australia
02/18/2012 07:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to wwwnc.cdc.gov]
bovine h5n1
 Quoting: anon 11031854

Hi anon, Im never too far away!

But thank you.

Its good to see you keeping things on the move, Im only the OP which means that I may have started this thread, it belongs to all contributors and readers, but thank you for the recognition.

In relation to the above "Bovine" ie cattle research article.

I understand that such research may be of use, but it puzzles me a little that researchers havent concentrated more on bird to pig transmission.

I believe that this will eventually be the most likely transition to mammals, as this is the most traditional farming practices throughout Asia, and the most common crossovers have been through these animal associations that I understand to have facitilated previous viral outbreaks.

Egypt on the other hand may well be a very different situation, given the religous attitudes towards pigs, their populations in that region would be expected to be quite limited.
Whereas in Asia and in particular India, where cattle are religously respected the situations are reversed.
arkay  (OP)

Australia
02/19/2012 07:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
bump
weekend is over here, so the bump is for UK "anon" to find the thread so that she might add any new info she might have unearthed..

Personally, and with the greatest of respect I do have to wonder if this lady has a social life!

Her contribution here far outweighs anything I could contribute...I think she is totally worthy of a medal of appreciation...I just dont know how to award it!

Your contributions are without doubt unbelievably unparalleled.

But...

on this subject...

you will go down in history, one way or another as a serious person that saved thousands of lives and there are no measurements to that type of human contributions, other than to know that those who have been lucky enough to have crossed your path will owe their lives to you.

And THAT is a position of the highest order, Im sure you realize this.

You wouldnt be doing what you are doing otherwise...correct???

you are a sweet and caring lady, and for that I cannot ever pay sufficient appreciation...

but...

this is not your whole life...please do not spend all your time here, it is not healthy in the bigger picture...you know what Im saying...

down time is important too.

just hang around from time to time ...we will spot trends when we need to, and we will scream loud and clear when that time comes too..No??
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1477774
Canada
02/19/2012 08:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
Bird Flu Studies Can Be Published After All: WHO

SATURDAY, Feb. 18 (HealthDay News) -- Research on a mutated, more contagious form of the bird flu virus can be published in full, the World Health Organization announced Friday, despite concerns that bioterrorists could use the information to start a pandemic.

[link to news.yahoo.com]

I put this in a seperate thread and it just fell to page 3...seems they have cried wolf to many times and not many are interested anymore

After seeing this, this morning, I figure a pandemic is on the horizon and very very close...theyhave nothing to lose now...and if a major pandemic where to occur, that would solve the nuke Iran problem, the uprise in Damascus and also the worlds economic problems all in one fell swoop...hiding
ANON
User ID: 11090087
United Kingdom
02/19/2012 11:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
bump
weekend is over here, so the bump is for UK "anon" to find the thread so that she might add any new info she might have unearthed..

Personally, and with the greatest of respect I do have to wonder if this lady has a social life!

Her contribution here far outweighs anything I could contribute...I think she is totally worthy of a medal of appreciation...I just dont know how to award it!

But...

on this subject...

you will go down in history, one way or another as a serious person that saved thousands of lives and there are no measurements to that type of human contributions, other than to know that those who have been lucky enough to have crossed your path will owe their lives to you.

you are a sweet and caring lady, and for that I cannot ever pay sufficient appreciation...

but...

this is not your whole life...please do not spend all your time here, it is not healthy in the bigger picture...you know what Im saying...

just hang around from time to time ...we will spot trends when we need to, and we will scream loud and clear when that time comes too..No??

Hi Arkay ah but I am always on he go the computor is my time out the time I have a coffee and relax , but I enjoy walking , dogs, children, cooking, sewing, ans even dabble in painting if I find the right motivation , you may be right that I not a very social person i dont smoke, and i am tea total, so parties dont interest me but fresh strawberries with clotted cream served with a scone and a good english cup of tea is a real treat , I love to se the sun rise and set and to feel the rain and wind in my hair
in the summer the childen and I go blackberry picking then take them home to make blackberry crumble, something the whole family enjoy.
arkay  (OP)

Australia
02/19/2012 06:16 PM
Report Abusive Post

SATURDAY, Feb. 18 (HealthDay News) -- Research on a mutated, more contagious form of the bird flu virus can be published in full, the World Health Organization announced Friday, despite concerns that bioterrorists could use the information to start a pandemic.

[link to news.yahoo.com]

I put this in a seperate thread and it just fell to page 3...seems they have cried wolf to many times and not many are interested anymore

After seeing this, this morning, I figure a pandemic is on the horizon and very very close...theyhave nothing to lose now...and if a major pandemic where to occur, that would solve the nuke Iran problem, the uprise in Damascus and also the worlds economic problems all in one fell swoop...hiding
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1477774

Yes...

without wanting to sound much like a fatalist, I have had those sneeking thoughts too.

I guess one of the only things that I have drawn some consolation from is the fact that with a pandemic of this nature, well it just doesnt discriminate.

This would mean that even someone stupid enough to attempt to perpetrate such an incomprehensible ation could easily end up a victim also, not that these days, that would be considered all that much an impediment in certain communities, if what we are told is true, but your point is well noted.
MzTreeChick

User ID: 8921927
Australia
02/19/2012 07:57 PM
Report Abusive Post

[link to news.yahoo.com]

Yes...

without wanting to sound much like a fatalist, I have had those sneeking thoughts too.

I guess one of the only things that I have drawn some consolation from is the fact that with a pandemic of this nature, well it just doesnt discriminate.

This would mean that even someone stupid enough to attempt to perpetrate such an incomprehensible ation could easily end up a victim also, not that these days, that would be considered all that much an impediment in certain communities, if what we are told is true, but your point is well noted.

Ditto, not alone in your thinkings. 1/3 of the kids on my daughters bus were sick the other week with some weird stomach flu/head cold thingy and there was still 3 weeks left in summer!!!

violin and scream for having sick kids at home.
* Eat recycled food, it's good for the environment and O.K for you. (Judge Dredd)
arkay  (OP)

Australia
02/19/2012 07:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump

But...

on this subject...

but...

Hi Arkay ah but I am always on he go the computor is my time out the time I have a coffee and relax , but I enjoy walking , dogs, children, cooking, sewing, ans even dabble in painting if I find the right motivation , you may be right that I not a very social person i dont smoke, and i am tea total, so parties dont interest me but fresh strawberries with clotted cream served with a scone and a good english cup of tea is a real treat , I love to se the sun rise and set and to feel the rain and wind in my hair
in the summer the childen and I go blackberry picking then take them home to make blackberry crumble, something the whole family enjoy.
 Quoting: ANON 11090087

Then simply this...

you are a good person with a well balanced life which I for one envy.

Stay well and best wishes always.

And...

please continue to stay with us here.

Last Edited by arkay on 02/19/2012 07:59 PM
arkay  (OP)

Australia
02/19/2012 08:19 PM
Report Abusive Post

[link to news.yahoo.com]

Yes...

Ditto, not alone in your thinkings. 1/3 of the kids on my daughters bus were sick the other week with some weird stomach flu/head cold thingy and there was still 3 weeks left in summer!!!

violin and scream for having sick kids at home.
 Quoting: MzTreeChick

Hi MzTreeChick good to see you also still checking in...

had to laugh at your reference to sick kids at home, having been a single dad...I can definately relate.

My problem is that he's over 30 now and still thinks that I have to father him...!!

Joking of course!!!

Things at the present seem to have settled a little on the "bird flu" topic, but I do wonder if it in some way is related to our close scrutiny on the subject.

The site that I usually gleen most of my "primary" information from seemed to take down their reporting fairly quickly not too long after this thread commenced..I know that sounds somewhat paranoid...but...

I will justify my suspicions on the fact that both Vietnam, West Java and of all countries Australia all significantly player down their reporting of their various incidences, and I find those inconsistencies of some note, even venturing towards concern.

I wonder whether we could expect to be appropriately advised if this menace ever did get to seriously impact into human populations, or if the only real place we will hear of it will be here on GLP and other similar sources.

These days the conventional media seem far too occupied with some political spin or other or some poor kitten stuck in a drain.

There really is no news these days, or am I missing something?
arkay  (OP)

Australia
02/19/2012 08:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
On the matter of Australian responses to these types of contaigens..

Wasn't it a couple of years ago that I recall that the NSW health authorities actually knew of either a suspected or confirmed case of Swine Flu that had been detected on a passenger ship and in spite of that they actually allowed the vessel to sail on to Queensland, where I think it then had to be quarantened with more cases by then detected?
MzTreeChick

Australia
02/19/2012 08:43 PM
Report Abusive Post

These days the conventional media seem far too occupied with some political spin or other or some poor kitten stuck in a drain.

We utilise the news to monitor the world but in a different sense. Once or twice a week we catch the msm news just to see how much THEY are distracting the masses.

eg: The current KRudd shite going on, oh no!! K Rudd said a swear... about 2yrs ago... who leaked the tape?... is he going to challenge Juliar?... So I guess this is what the news will report on whilst he is in Mexico for a week for the G20 summit. PERSONALLY, I would rather know ALL about the G20 meeting but that might be best in your other thread.

But when the news focuses on NOT news I try to find out what they are distracting from.

* Bird flu causing huge culls around world & Australia
* Fukushima - where do you start
* FluVAX causing side effects BUT keep taking it, its FREE
* Unusual weather killing people, 600 by last count in EU
* Sun tornado's, aawww so pretty, but normal sun is causing skin cancer...WTF

But no, lets focus of a man swearing at himself & a dead singer who has spent the last 20 odd yrs strung out on illegal & prescript drugs & alcohol.

Are you missing something??? Only what they want the masses to miss!

hiding Even my hubby is saying 'what are they distracting us from??? What are they not telling us???'
* Eat recycled food, it's good for the environment and O.K for you. (Judge Dredd)
arkay  (OP)

Australia
02/19/2012 09:10 PM
Report Abusive Post

We utilise the news to monitor the world but in a different sense. Once or twice a week we catch the msm news just to see how much THEY are distracting the masses.

eg: The current KRudd shite going on, oh no!! K Rudd said a swear... about 2yrs ago... who leaked the tape?... is he going to challenge Juliar?... So I guess this is what the news will report on whilst he is in Mexico for a week for the G20 summit. PERSONALLY, I would rather know ALL about the G20 meeting but that might be best in your other thread.

But when the news focuses on NOT news I try to find out what they are distracting from.

* Bird flu causing huge culls around world & Australia
* Fukushima - where do you start
* FluVAX causing side effects BUT keep taking it, its FREE
* Unusual weather killing people, 600 by last count in EU
* Sun tornado's, aawww so pretty, but normal sun is causing skin cancer...WTF

But no, lets focus of a man swearing at himself & a dead singer who has spent the last 20 odd yrs strung out on illegal & prescript drugs & alcohol.

Are you missing something??? Only what they want the masses to miss!

hiding Even my hubby is saying 'what are they distracting us from??? What are they not telling us???'

Very well condensed version of what I was thinking might be a case of personal paranoia.

Thanks for the reassurance :)

What really bothers me then is just WHY does it seem that nobody else is either aware of this or that they just dont care!

This is truely bewildering, and worse still how do people like us get those masses to wake up and to care.

Really the world we live in would be so much different if people were more aware of the influences that govern their lives.

This is just so hopelessly frustrating sometimes.
MzTreeChick

Australia
02/19/2012 10:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hey Arkay,

Did a complex post & the computer ate it, dammit.

Start awakening people little by little if you feel the need to, usually fluoride & aspartame topics can get you started. Just remember we can't force people to awaken just like the sheeple can't force us to go back to sleep.

I am glad I was able to reassure you, you have reassured me in return, so thanks cool2

Try not to waste to much energy on frustrations, I try to limit it to once or twice a month, you need that energy for your family & yourself.
Some people actually want to drink the Koolaid.

I look back at what I knew 12mths ago or 5yrs ago to what I know now and it is absolutely amazing but I still feel as though I have only scraped the survice. Your health & mental clarity is what is going to help you survive whatever is coming our way. Whether it is good, bad or indifferent at the end of the day we & our families can only rely on us. Please think positively about your awareness & be grateful that we are no longer Sheeple.

5a being aware, informed & being able to see the forest thru the trees doesn't make you crazy, only feel crazy hehehe

hf
arkay  (OP)

Australia
02/19/2012 10:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hey Arkay,

Did a complex post & the computer ate it, dammit.

Start awakening people little by little if you feel the need to, usually fluoride & aspartame topics can get you started. Just remember we can't force people to awaken just like the sheeple can't force us to go back to sleep.

I am glad I was able to reassure you, you have reassured me in return, so thanks cool2

Try not to waste to much energy on frustrations, I try to limit it to once or twice a month, you need that energy for your family & yourself.
Some people actually want to drink the Koolaid.

I look back at what I knew 12mths ago or 5yrs ago to what I know now and it is absolutely amazing but I still feel as though I have only scraped the survice. Your health & mental clarity is what is going to help you survive whatever is coming our way. Whether it is good, bad or indifferent at the end of the day we & our families can only rely on us. Please think positively about your awareness & be grateful that we are no longer Sheeple.

5a being aware, informed & being able to see the forest thru the trees doesn't make you crazy, only feel crazy hehehe

hf

You're bang on of course, probably just venting some of that frustration, but you make some good points

The flouride topic IS a favorite, and now Im actually having to have some pathology tests done to eliminate that from some health matters Ive been having of late, interresting that you bought it up.

Anyway, thank you for your always welcome and valued inputs.

You sound to be a lady of maturity way past what I imagine your age to be.

And that probably means that youve done some pretty hard yards at times.

I wish you nothing but the very best for your future.

cheers
MzTreeChick

Australia
02/19/2012 10:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
hugs smile_hear

Thank you for your kind words as always. You also reminded me about some bloodwork for my kidney & liver 6mth review, I have even had the referral in my bag for over a week, better get that done!

Good luck with yours flower
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10920310
Canada
02/19/2012 11:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks for this thread.

I appreciate you guys and gals keeping an eye on things, flu-wise.

I spend my extra time keeping an eye on things, radioctivity-wise. And, like you, if something happens worthy of it, I will call out like a rooster, make sure to do my best for people to hear me and what I found, loud and clear... I very much appreciate you doing the same for flu, because none of us can do it all...too much information for any one person. And we can't predict the future to know what is the most urgent thing to focus on next. So we rely on each other.... This is true community, in the most core sense. We each do our part.

All the best, I really mean it.
arkay  (OP)

Australia
02/19/2012 11:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks for this thread.

I appreciate you guys and gals keeping an eye on things, flu-wise.

I spend my extra time keeping an eye on things, radioctivity-wise. And, like you, if something happens worthy of it, I will call out like a rooster, make sure to do my best for people to hear me and what I found, loud and clear... I very much appreciate you doing the same for flu, because none of us can do it all...too much information for any one person. And we can't predict the future to know what is the most urgent thing to focus on next. So we rely on each other.... This is true community, in the most core sense. We each do our part.

All the best, I really mean it.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 10920310

I think its fair to speak for all that have viewed, contributed to this thread up to now and even into the future.

Your kind words and the motivations that you speak of would parallel those here too in every sense of the word.

It is nice to be appreciated and to know that efforts are not wasted.

We are learning every day of better ways to communicate in different way, using new and powerful tools and methods that just werent around not that long ago.

And, to talk of community in the way you have done is an aspect that I think we dont yet fully appreciate, but we are learning, and the more you learn the more can learn.

I was having a bit of a winge a while ago about the apparent apathy of so many people.

But thinking on that a bit closer, thanks to a compassionate jolt from very kind "buddy" on here, Im beginning to think that the problem might solve itself through this sense of being a part of this type of community.

Thinking things like GLP/twitter/facebook, and other online communal structures that are emerging.

We shall see.

Anyway, please keep up all your good work and I can assure you that those here wont be letting matters fade too far away.

All it shows is how we all do care for each other and THAT is where the reliability and motivation rests.

Its also another reason why we must all vigerously defend the open and uncensored nature of the internet, we all own it and nobody has any right to change any part of it, not now, not ever.

Thanks again, we'll be watching.

GLP