Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,738 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 31,023
Pageviews Today: 63,334Threads Today: 30Posts Today: 539
12:53 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

<<Advancing Bird Flu-H5N1...Now following MERS and Ebola approaching PANDEMICS>>>

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28069312
United Kingdom
11/19/2012 12:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: <<Advancing Bird Flu-H5N1...Now following MERS and Ebola approaching PANDEMICS>>>
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28069312

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28069312

arkay look at the date then at the cards you will understand
stay safe people need you hf
arkay  (OP)

User ID: 944501
Australia
11/19/2012 09:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: <<Advancing Bird Flu-H5N1...Now following MERS and Ebola approaching PANDEMICS>>>
Well again thank to UK anon for her posts.

Ive been through them and I must say after reading through all the linked information, that I am reminded of a saying.

"All roads lead to Rome".

The other day Trinity posted about the escalating situation with Israel etc.

This...

[link to www.godlikeproductions.com]

and if readers follow that link they will find that I made an appeal to Trinity for some more information.

While that info wasnt directly answered, a day or so later he then went on to post this thread.

[link to www.godlikeproductions.com]

Most of the questions that I had put to Trinity on the above link I found were answered in the second link above.

But, I also found that by scrolling through the second thread and only looking for Trinity's posts there was a significant amount of "revealing" imformation that pretty well connects in with what UK anons posts above, also point to.

It does make one wonder, and certainly gives more than a little cause for concern that there are forces moving ever stronger towards forcing great change on us all in the coming times.

Using the likes of H5N1 influenza, which incidentally is already showing indications of further mutation towards H2H transmission in Egypt, now a centre of conflict , so very difficult to manage any outbreak as it should because of the obvious confusion and risks from all that turmoil.

And then not too far away on the same continent we are seieng that ebola could be on the verge of becoming a dangerous threat to peoples in that region.

Should it penetrate into a large community as it easily could, then it could rapidly spread into a massively destructive epidemic, wiping out huge numbers of people, numbers we would be very hard pressed to comprehend.

It would turn massive areas perhaps even whole regions into no-go zones, perhaps permanently.

One of the main reasons why this could surface in this region is because these people are still inclined to hold on to beliefs in witchcraft to explain the existance and spread of something as horrific as the ebola which is currently present in their communities.

Coming from that perspective, the potential there I would liken to holding a bomb in one hand and a flame in the other, and standing on banana skins, very precarious.

I guess that what I am really trying to say here is that from many different perspectives and sources, in one way or another we are likley witnessing a deliberate manipulation of people and instruments of death by a select group who likely have been running an agenda for many many years and apparently now possibly coming to a closing or at least critical stage in its execution.

I certainly hope that Im just being my paranoid self again, but I get this feeling like Ive been dangling on a big rubber band that is slowly bouncing up and down.

The likleyhood of all this being some grand plan being played out seems to come, and then receed, but then it comes back again, but each time it returns we seem to be in a worse situation that we previously were.

As I said, I really do hope that I am nothing more that a ranting fool seeing smoke and mirrors where there are none.

Last Edited by arkay on 11/19/2012 09:20 PM
arkay  (OP)

Australia
11/19/2012 09:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
From his thread at the top of this post.

I really loved this "teaser" from Trinity, really makes you wonder if there is more about him and GLP than we have come to believe.

Strange thing to say...

Re: This is how the middle east situation will escalate out of control....

Trinity If what has been said about you and who you really are is true. Then you truly are "IN THE KNOW" and I want to thank you for caring about us "CONSTANT READERS" I will head your warning

Quoting: trublupatriot 11552078

who I REALLY AM has yet to be revealed

- stay tuned

;)

Last Edited by ^TrInItY^ on 11/18/2012 06:08 AM

Few will listen,
Of the few who listen, fewer still will understand,
Understanding does not mean believe,
Of the handful who believe, most may not know what to do,
Those who even know, how many will actually do ?
And the rare ones who have done it.......
Need not listen to you anymore.
arkay  (OP)

Australia
11/19/2012 09:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ok, enough on my last two posts, we'll see if they generate any comment.

( Or offers to house me in the nearest straight jacket!)

But back to the business at hand.

News of another death from H1N1 swine flu, this case being in Venezuela.

Man Dies in Maharashtra allegedly suffering from H1N1 virus Posted on November 19, 2012 3:25 pm

A 34 year old man died today in a hospital in Maracaibo, allegedly suffering from the H1N1 virus. This was reported by the regional health director, Maria Moreno on Monday.

Link here...

[link to www.noticias24.com]
arkay  (OP)

Australia
11/19/2012 09:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
This translated article from Indonesia is reporting the deaths of numbers of poultry in a village following similar poultry deaths in nearby villages and pointing to H5N1 as the cause.

Home »Edinburgh» Batanghari
In Pijoan hundred Sudden Death Chickens
Jambi Tribune - Monday, November 19, 2012 22:29

Tribune reporters Reports Jambi Suang Sitanggang

SENGETI, Tribun-RT 05 Village Residents Pijoan, Outside City District Jambi, Jambi Muaro, swallowing losses slightly. It's a hundred local pet chickens that died suddenly. Chicken mortality events begin to take place on Saturday (17/11).

One of the people whose chickens died suddenly it was Suprianto. He claimed his chickens that died suddenly had about 50 birds. Starting last Saturday, and this morning still many are dead, "he said. He calls the dead chicken is a type of chicken.

He did not have a clear cause of death of the chicken. But before the sudden death of chickens spread in place, the same spread in the neighboring villages, the Village and Village Lopak Aur Strait, District Pemayung, Batanghari.

Link here...

[link to jambi.tribunnews.com]
arkay  (OP)

Australia
11/19/2012 09:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
Mmmm,

I just cant seem to get away from it today!

For those of us feeling like a dose of the biblical!

WE now have a story from Sir Lanka of RED RAIN.

Sri Lanka Red Rain is having a cosmic connection..

November 18, 2012 |

Filed under: Articles

Posted by: The SINHALAYA News Agency, Colombo, Sri Lanka

CHANDRA WICKRAMASINGHE SAYS SRI LANKA RED RAIN SIMILAR TO KERALA ONES DEFINITELY WITH COSMIC CONNECTIONS.

(by Walter Jayawardhana)

Professor Chandra Wickramasinghe, Director of the Astrobiological Center at the Buckingham University, England said the recent phenomenon of red rain in Sri Lanka is reportedly similar to the red rain in Kerala in 2011 and 2009 which definitely had some cosmic connection.

Break...

Wickramasinghe also said, “As far as the Kerala red rain is concerned, there is a mysterious microorganism that has defied identification so far. We have not been able to convincingly extract any DNA from them and Prof Louis has maintained that there is no DNA, but it can multiply at very high temperatures under high pressure conditions. I think there are all the signs of an alien bug! The Kerala red rain was preceded by a sonic boom that was heard, probably indicating that a fragment of a comet exploded in the atmosphere and unleashed the red cells that became incorporated in rain.

Link here...

[link to sinhalaya.com]

For once I have nothing I wish to add to this!!

arkay!
arkay  (OP)

Australia
11/19/2012 10:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
Right off topic, but Ive just received this information from a friend and I think that it belongs here anyway.

The link will take readers to a short video on CPR.

There have been some new developmments that have made it miles easier to do and anyone can provide this life saving prodeedure, so I do beg all to take just a couple of minutes a watch this excellent presentation.

You might save a life one day because you saw this.

Link Here...

[link to ahsc.arizona.edu]
arkay  (OP)

Australia
11/19/2012 11:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
There has been a fresh outbreak of H5N1 Highly pathogenic avian influenza, in Bangladesh.

Highly pathogenic avian influenza,
Bangladesh

Information received on 19/11/2012 from Dr Musaddique Hossain, Director (Animal Health & Administration), Department of Livestock Services, Ministry of Fisheries and Livestock, Dhaka, Bangladesh

SummaryReport type Follow-up report No. 40
Date of start of the event 05/02/2007
Date of pre-confirmation of the event 22/03/2007
Report date 19/11/2012
Date submitted to OIE 19/11/2012
Reason for notification First occurrence of a listed disease
Manifestation of disease Clinical disease
Causal agent Highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
Serotype H5N1
Nature of diagnosis Suspicion, Clinical, Laboratory (basic), Laboratory (advanced), Necropsy
This event pertains to the whole country
Related reports Immediate notification (30/03/2007)
Follow-up report No. 1 (30/04/2007)
Follow-up report No. 2 (24/05/2007)
Follow-up report No. 3 (08/07/2007)
Follow-up report No. 4 (17/12/2007)
Follow-up report No. 5 (16/03/2008)
Follow-up report No. 6 (24/04/2008)
Follow-up report No. 7 (11/06/2008)
Follow-up report No. 8 (20/11/2008)
Follow-up report No. 9 (17/12/2008)
Follow-up report No. 10 (06/01/2009)
Follow-up report No. 11 (22/01/2009)
Follow-up report No. 12 (29/01/2009)
Follow-up report No. 13 (03/02/2009)
Follow-up report No. 14 (10/02/2009)
Follow-up report No. 15 (26/02/2009)
Follow-up report No. 16 (12/03/2009)
Follow-up report No. 17 (13/04/2009)
Follow-up report No. 18 (17/06/2009)
Follow-up report No. 19 (14/07/2009)
Follow-up report No. 20 (20/09/2009)
Follow-up report No. 21 (20/01/2010)
Follow-up report No. 22 (31/01/2010)
Follow-up report No. 23 (02/03/2010)
Follow-up report No. 24 (25/04/2010)
Follow-up report No. 25 (17/06/2010)
Follow-up report No. 26 (10/01/2011)
Follow-up report No. 27 (03/02/2011)
Follow-up report No. 28 (13/02/2011)
Follow-up report No. 29 (24/02/2011)
Follow-up report No. 30 (06/03/2011)
Follow-up report No. 31 (24/03/2011)
Follow-up report No. 32 (21/04/2011)
Follow-up report No. 33 (12/05/2011)
Follow-up report No. 34 (07/07/2011)
Follow-up report No. 35 (08/09/2011)
Follow-up report No. 36 (21/12/2011)
Follow-up report No. 37 (15/01/2012)
Follow-up report No. 38 (19/03/2012)
Follow-up report No. 39 (22/04/2012)
Follow-up report No. 40 (19/11/2012)

New outbreaks (1)
Outbreak 1 Brothers poultry farm, Pabur, Kapasia, Gazipur, DHAKA
Date of start of the outbreak 23/10/2012
Outbreak status Resolved (23/10/2012)
Epidemiological unit Farm
Affected animals Species Susceptible Cases Deaths Destroyed Slaughtered
Birds 4191 156 156 4035 0

Affected population A commercial poultry farm

Summary of outbreaks Total outbreaks: 1
Total animals affected Species Susceptible Cases Deaths Destroyed Slaughtered
Birds 4191 156 156 4035 0

Outbreak statistics Species Apparent morbidity rate Apparent mortality rate Apparent case fatality rate Proportion susceptible animals lost*
Birds 3.72% 3.72% 100.00% 100.00%

*Removed from the susceptible population through death, destruction and/or slaughter

EpidemiologySource of the outbreak(s) or origin of infection Unknown or inconclusive

Control measuresMeasures applied Stamping out
Movement control inside the country
Disinfection of infected premises/establishment(s)
Vaccination prohibited
No treatment of affected animals

Measures to be applied No other measures

Diagnostic test resultsLaboratory name and type Species Test Test date Result
Bangladesh Livestock Research Institute, Savar, Dhaka (National Reference Laboratory) (National laboratory) Birds reverse transcription - polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) 24/10/2012 Positive
Central Disease Investigation Laboratory, Dhaka (National laboratory) Birds rapid tests 23/10/2012 Positive

Link here...

[link to www.oie.int]
arkay  (OP)

Australia
11/20/2012 07:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
The Euroflu weekly summary of flu reports has been released and is as follows.

(Edited)

EuroFlu - Weekly Electronic Bulletin
Week 45 : 05/11/2012-11/11/2012 16 November 2012, Issue N° 462

Influenza detections in Europe still sporadic

Summary, week 45/2012
Influenza activity in the WHO European Region remains at a pre-season level, with several countries reporting sporadic detections of influenza A(H1N1)pdm09, A(H3N2) and type-B viruses. The influenza positivity rate is relatively stable, as is usual for this time of the year. The number of hospitalizations due to severe acute respiratory infection (SARI) remains stable, with none of the cases reported this week due to influenza.

Circulation of influenza viruses

Overall, a total of 95 specimens tested positive for influenza in week 45/2012, slightly more than in week 44/2012: 56 were type A and 39 were type B. Of the influenza A viruses, 33 were subtyped: 12 as A(H3) and 21 as A(H1)pdm09 (Fig. 1). Since week 40/2012, 311 influenza viruses from sentinel and non-sentinel sources have been typed: 206 (66%) were influenza A and 105 (34%) influenza B. Of the influenza A viruses 121 were subtyped: 64 (53%) as A(H3) and 57 (47%) as A(H1)pdm09.

Link here...

[link to www.euroflu.org]
arkay  (OP)

Australia
11/20/2012 08:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
A new process to produce vaccines has been approved by the FDA.

This process uses animal cells to grow the virus.

The thought does come to mind of some serious possible outcomes with this process.

If the viruses are being grown with animal cells, how can those using this technique be certain that they are not also growing any number of potential other unknown and unrecognised viruses that could be present in their host cells, which would also find their way into these vaccines?

FDA approves first-of-a-kind seasonal flu vaccine
Associated Press
Nov. 20, 2012 3:06PM PST Nov. 20, 2012 3:06PM PST
Send Share Print Health SearchDrug Search
Explore and compare medications WASHINGTON (AP) — The Food and Drug Administration says it has approved the first seasonal flu vaccine made using animal cell technology, rather than the half-century egg method.

The FDA approved Novartis' Flucelvax to prevent influenza in people 18 years and older.

Link here...

[link to health.yahoo.net]
arkay  (OP)

Australia
11/21/2012 06:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
For reasons best known to themselves at this stage the WHO has made an announcement in the manner that they will report H5N1 in future.

I really do not like to see these types of change in reporting methods as changes often tend to skew averaging results and trends and this type of change could potentially mask some serious trends or changes.

Disease Outbreak News
Announcement: WHO to change the way it reports H5N1 cases

-------------------------------------------------------------​-------------------

Henceforward, WHO will publish information on human cases with H5N1 avian influenza infection on a monthly basis on the Influenza webpage:

Influenza at human-animal interface - Monthly Risk Assessment Summary
Cases of human infection with H5N1 will only be reported on Disease Outbreak News for events that are unusual or associated with potential increased risks.

Member States will be continued to require to report information on every sporadic case of H5N1 human infection or novel influenza virus infection to WHO as per Article 6 of the International Health Regulations (2005).

Link here...

[link to www.who.int]
arkay  (OP)

Australia
11/21/2012 06:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
The sequencing that is now available on the novel coronavirus that has been found in Saudi Arabia is thought now to be closely related to fruit bats.

Sequencing supports novel coronavirus's tie to bat strains
Robert Roos News Editor

Nov 20, 2012 (CIDRAP News) – Complete genetic sequencing of a novel coronavrius isolated from a Saudi Arabian man who died in June supports earlier findings that the virus is most closely related to coronaviruses found in bats, according to a report published today in mBio.

An international team of authors reports that the novel virus, known as HCoV-EMC/2012, is most closely related to two species of Asian bats, one from Southeast Asia and one from Japan. The novel virus may be even more closely akin to a bat coronavirus found in the Netherlands in 2008, but not enough sequence data are available to establish that, the scientists say.

Link here...

[link to www.cidrap.umn.edu]
arkay  (OP)

Australia
11/21/2012 06:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
This next article, I find to be a very rediculous reaction by Papua New Guinea to the recent H7 outbreak here in Australia.

That outbreak was detected early, locked down and all birds destroyed, with full decontamination completed.

There is no risk from this outbreak and to use it as an excuse to ban poultry products based on the reasons given seem preposterous at least to me.

Even the timing of this action, well after the event is inappropriate.

Please accept that my reasoning in this matter is not national bias, definately not so and far from it.

I would totally support a move such as this had it been when a risk was present, rather than being little more that political spin driving this knee jerk reaction.

PNG bans NSW chicken productsPosted 21 November 2012, 21:10 AEST
By Corinne Podger and staff
PNG has banned imports of poultry products from the Australian state of NSW following an outbreak of the H7 bird flu in the state earlier this month.

PNG has banned poultry products from the Australian state of NSW, including eggs, after an outbreak of the H7 bird flu. (Credit: ABC) .Papua New Guinea has banned imports of poultry products from the Australian state of New South Wales following an outbreak of the H7 bird flu in the state earlier this month.

It broadens an existing ban on eggs from NSW and follows several days of pressure from PNG chicken farmers who want all Australian poultry products blocked.

Link here...

[link to www.radioaustralia.net.au]
arkay  (OP)

Australia
11/21/2012 06:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
There has been a forth case of novel coronavirus detected in Saudi Arabia.

Fortunately early detection and treatment in Riyadh hospital has seen this patient recover.

Date: 20 Nov 2012
Source: 5abr.com [machine trans., edited]
[link to www.5abr.com]

Ministry of Health announces coronavirus case in Riyadh
---------------------
Ministry of Health announced yesterday [19 Nov 2012] the confirmation of a case of coronavirus infection in an individual admitted to a hospital in Riyadh. The ministry statement mentioned that the case was suspected upon admission to the hospital and specimens were sent to laboratories at the Ministry of Health and a sample was sent to a reference laboratory outside of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for confirmation.

The Ministry statement indicated that the laboratory results were positive for [infection with the novel coronavirus], and that the Ministry has taken all actions and precautionary measures to deal with this situation and are in accordance with established norms by WHO and those also recommended by the National Scientific Committee for Infectious Diseases, whose membership includes specialized consultants representing all sectors of government health.

Link here...

[link to www.promedmail.org]

In the left menu under the heading...

21 Nov 2012 Novel coronavirus - Saudi Arabia (17): 4th case, RFI
arkay  (OP)

Australia
11/21/2012 06:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Just to highlight my comments in an earlier post regarding PNG's knee jerk banning of Australian poultry products, this article further supports the views made.

Swift Action Eradicates Bird Flu at Egg Farm
21 November 2012
AUSTRALIA - Swift action by industry, New South Wales' Department of Primary Industries and the Livestock Health and Pest Authorities has successfully eradicated an outbreak of H7 avian influenza at an egg production farm near Maitland.

NSW Chief Veterinary Officer, Ian Roth, said the remaining birds on the property have now been culled and testing to date has confirmed that the virus has not spread.

"Samples from some 12 nearby facilities were tested as part of an extensive tracing and surveillance strategy," Dr Roth said.

"The State Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratories at the Elizabeth Macarthur Agricultural Institute have so far indicated that there is no infection.

Link here...

[link to www.thepoultrysite.com]
arkay  (OP)

Australia
11/22/2012 08:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
In this next report we could be witnessing the first death in America from the flu, though the report is very short on details and is primarily again about the virtues of getting vaccinations, which this writer does find to be a little "predatory" by using a fatality to promote on behalf of big pharmacuticals.

I honestly that they thew bug pharmas, could easily be suspected to be sponsoring this extra attention to the flu that seems to be overly apparent all over the globe this year.

Good cheap marketing in the guise of a news story and hiding under the blanket of promoting "what is good for you".

It reminds me of how the anti smoking programme was originally begun against that "evil" way back in the early 1980's and just look at the way authorities have manipulated the wider communities to act as smoking is now something like an attempted murder, honestly we are losing our abilities to think for ourselves and make well founded personal decisions for ourselves.

That will be next, mandatory vaccinations for everyone every year?!!!

Local News
1st influenza death reported this season

SAN DIEGO – An 89-year-old woman died from influenza — the first reported death in San Diego County of this year’s flu season – and county health officials Wednesday encouraged residents to get vaccinated against the disease

Link here...

[link to fox5sandiego.com]
arkay  (OP)

Australia
11/22/2012 08:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
Well in my last post I admit to being a bit "tongue in cheek" regarding the possibility of Governments attempting to compel us into receiving annual vaccinations, but...

In this next article, well I smell a RAT, just who is actually really behind driving this alliance that is slowly creaping towards that eventual outcome, you get one guess, this is just too convenient!!

Sign vaccination campaign against influenza and pneumococcal

AM National November 21, 2012 - 12:00 AM

SAN PEDRO SULA. - The Health Ministry yesterday inaugurated the campaign and Pneumococcal Vaccination lnfluenza aimed at people over 60, diabetes, renal failure, depressed, and children from six to 35 months of age who have asthma and health workers.

The campaign, which will last two weeks, ending on the 30th of this month, during which time staff Metropolitan Health Region immunize seniors, so it has made an alliance with the Association of the Elderly, to to call on their members to get vaccinated.

Link here...

[link to translate.google.com]
arkay  (OP)

Australia
11/22/2012 08:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
Last week we reported an outbreak of H5N1 avain influenza in an Indonesian village.

Today we have news of a another outbreak also In Indonesia, this time positively identifying the deaths as being from H5N1.

Bird flu outbreak in Jambi
Thursday, November 22, 2012 | 18:27

Officers tried to deal with bird flu (source: NaturalNews) Hundreds of chickens that died suddenly were known to occur in the two villages.

At least 800 chickens died suddenly in the village Nagasari, District Mestong, Muarojambi regency, Jambi, tested positive for bird flu after laboratory checks by the local Animal Husbandry Department.

"From the results of tests conducted on the dead chickens in the village of Naga farmers belonging Sari, positive bird flu," said Chief District Veterinary Office Muarojambi, Parahuman Lubis in Jambi, today.

Link here...

[link to www.beritasatu.com]
arkay  (OP)

Australia
11/22/2012 08:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
Last week we reported an outbreak of H5N1 avain influenza in an Indonesian village.

Today we have news of a another outbreak also In Indonesia, this time positively identifying the deaths as being from H5N1.

Bird flu outbreak in Jambi
Thursday, November 22, 2012 | 18:27

Officers tried to deal with bird flu (source: NaturalNews) Hundreds of chickens that died suddenly were known to occur in the two villages.

At least 800 chickens died suddenly in the village Nagasari, District Mestong, Muarojambi regency, Jambi, tested positive for bird flu after laboratory checks by the local Animal Husbandry Department.

"From the results of tests conducted on the dead chickens in the village of Naga farmers belonging Sari, positive bird flu," said Chief District Veterinary Office Muarojambi, Parahuman Lubis in Jambi, today.

Link here...

[link to www.beritasatu.com]
arkay  (OP)

Australia
11/22/2012 08:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
This next article is the type that infuriates me.

At first glance one would believe that the authorities making these headline assertions can give a total promise of their communities safety from H5N1 through the heroic almost magical actions these marvelous officials are so capable of doing just for the benefit of the people that they represent.

What an absolute load of crock.

They might have undertaken what would be considered routine precautions, but that cannot have any real impact on the vectoring in via natural influences of the likes of migratory birds.

Honestly these people are dangerous.

By giving this type of reassurance in the way it has been delivered, could easily promote a lax and careless attitude from the affected population which is of course potentually far more dangerous.

Latest News
No bird flu threat here

By Ifham Nizam

There is no threat to Sri Lanka from the outbreak of avian influenza (bird flu) in some parts of India, as authorities have already taken strict precautionary and quarantine measures to prevent the disease from entering the country, a senior medical officer assured yesterday.

Director General of the Department of Animal Production and Health, Dr. W.K. Silva, said strict precautions have been taken by tightening the quarantine procedures, with the assistance of Civil Aviation Department and Ports. Steps have also been taken to prevent the virus from entering the country through human migration, he added.

Link here...

[link to www.ceylontoday.lk]
arkay  (OP)

Australia
11/22/2012 09:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
You've just go to laugh...

Having just mentioned the topic of that truely lethal drug, tobacco...

I have just found this article that is now heralding the wonders that it now presents mankind with.

Oh, the irony

How tobacco could save our lives

By David Worthington | November 21, 2012, 4:50 PM PST

Plants can produce proteins that mimic viruses.

Tobacco is not commonly associated with good health, but the plant could one day help prevent pandemic flu. Canadian biopharmaceutical company Medicago is ‘programming’ tobacco plants with the genetic sequences of infectious diseases to produce virus-like particles to ‘grow’ highly effective vaccines at scale.

I wonder if they might be good enough to add in a "genetically modified" thingie that would also cause addiction to tobacco via vaccination, so that the drug companies can SELL us an easy cure to tobacco addiction too!

Link here...

[link to www.smartplanet.com]
arkay  (OP)

Australia
11/22/2012 09:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
In Hong Kong they are reporting that their flu detections are now at baseline levels.

Of note is the equal presence of H1N1 swine flu to the seasonal H3N2 flu, something worth monitoring in light of their high travel through put, in particular.

Local Situation of Influenza Activity (as of Nov 21, 2012)

Reporting period: Nov 11 – 17, 2012 (Week 46)

The latest surveillance data showed that the influenza activity was at baseline level.

In week 46,The number of Influenza viruses in the Public Health Laboratory Centre was 12, including 6 influenza A (H3) viruses, 3 influenza A (H1N1)2009 viruses and 3 influenza B viruses.

Link here...

[link to www.chp.gov.hk]
arkay  (OP)

Australia
11/22/2012 10:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
With the greatest of apolagies to readers, I missed this article and it is important.

It relates to the outbreaks of H3N2v that was associated with county fair pig displays and the way that the CDC has attempted to handle this matter.

A way that I might add that has been scientifically at odds with the reporting coming out of the FDA at the same time and regarding the same topic.

We now have the following from the CDC.

CDC Reports More Cases, Hospitalizations and Nation’s First H3N2v-Associated Death
The information contained in this web update reflects the situation at the time of posting. It may not reflect the current situation. Please see Influenza A (H3N2) Variant Virus Outbreaks for the most recent information related to H3N2v.
Today, CDC is reporting 12 additional cases of H3N2 variant virus (H3N2v) infection, as well as the first H3N2v-associated death, which was reported by the state of Ohio. The death occurred in an older adult with multiple underlying health conditions who reportedly had direct exposure to pigs in a fair setting.

Looks like all the noise that both this thread and the information that [link to www.recombinomics.com] was presenting with scientific backing, has elicited the above glossing over on the topic from the CDC.

But if the above wasnt a big enough insult, they then proceed to assert this...

CDC also has developed supplemental H3N2v guidance for schools. Last year, there was at least one outbreak of H3N2v in a day care setting in the fall and CDC believes it possible that localized outbreaks of H3N2v, particularly in schools or day cares, may occur as the weather turns colder and schools across the country are underway. "The guidance document is a heads up for schools to be aware of, and on the look-out for, illness with this virus," Finelli explains.

"It’s important to remember that this is an evolving situation that could change quickly." Finelli concludes, "We’re constantly looking at our data and re-evaluating."

Note where I have underlined in the above extract from the article.

This directly refers to the original emergence of H3N2v in Patient Zero.

It appears that the CDC is also attempting to gloss over what the real facts are in relation to the origins of H3N2v when a clearly genuine "Patient Zero" was identified.

From their article readers would be lead to believe that this influenza virus emerged in a Day Care Centre.

NOT SO:

That Patient Zero was from a day care centre is correct, BUT this patient had been admitted to hospital and tested clean for influenza on admission to the hospital, which was for other medical reasons.

Patient Zero developed H3N2v while in hospital and well after admission.

This means that Patient Zero contracted the very first case of H3N2v, WHILE A PATIENT, in hospital.

That incident has never been explained by the CDC.

And now we are witnessing all this spin from the CDC when the topic is assumed to be forgotten.

Well, NOT by this writer.

I offered an apology to the CDC a while ago for the way I dealt with this specific matter, as it appeared that I may have been too eager to attack them and demand answers, but now with the way they are going about handling this and at this late stage, well I wonder.

I, on behalf of all who read this thread will continue to demand of the CDC an explain for how patient zero managed to contract the very first case of H3N2v in a hospital.

Furthermore, I do not accept the inference that patient zero could have caught that FIRST case of H3N2v at the day care centre.

From where?

How?

There is no logic and this IS a cover up!

Do I have to actually say it?

"It is my strong conviction that this case of H3N2v was deliberatley administered to Patient Zero, by persons unknown as yet".

So now; prove me wrong.

Then I will apolagize again, but use science NOT spin.

arkay

Link here...

[link to www.cdc.gov]
arkay  (OP)

Australia
11/23/2012 07:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
A regular and valued researcher and poster on this thread, Treyfish has turned up fresh information on the novel coronavirus that has recently emerged in Saudi Arabia.

He has started a thread here on GLP and I would strongly recommend readers to follow the link and read all that he has on this topic, some of which is quite concerning.

Here is the link to Treyfish's thread...

Thread: New SARS outbreak on the horizon - update Jordan deaths confirmed -9 confirmed cases
arkay  (OP)

Australia
11/23/2012 07:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
There is a new report of a Low Pathogenic Avian Influenza, designated H5N2 the has emerged in Taiwan and authorities have decided NOT to cull the affected poultry?

After dissinfection, they are also permitting the distribution and sale of the affected poultry's eggs for consumption.

One must wonder at the wisdom of these measures.

Animal health officials have imposed a ban on the movement of chickens at a farm in southern Taiwan that has been found infected with low-pathogenic H5N2 avian influenza. Wong Yo-chu, director of the Chiayi County government's Animal Disease Control Center, said his agency will not allow the 15,700 chickens at the farm in Puzih to be moved off the premises, but they will be kept alive. "As it was low-pathogenic, we will not cull the chickens," Wong said, but the eggs laid by the chickens will have to be disinfected before they can be sold on the market.

Link here...

[link to hisz.rsoe.hu]
arkay  (OP)

Australia
11/23/2012 07:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
More information here on the novel coronavirus from Saudi Arabia.

4th Betacornavirus Case Raises Pandemic Concerns
Recombinomics Commentary 16:15
November 23, 2012

A new case of coronavirus infection was discovered in Riyadh, according to a statement by the Ministry of Health Tuesday.

“A citizen who visited one of the hospitals in Riyadh complaining of flu-like symptoms raised suspicion. Following appropriate tests and after cross checking the results in an specialized lab abroad, it was confirmed that the man tested positive for the virus," the statement said.

It said the patient was given appropriate treatment and his condition has improved.

The ministry asked the public not to panic, as the infection does not lead to serious complications. "There is no cause for worry. The discovered cases were few and isolated," it added.

Link here...

[link to www.recombinomics.com]
arkay  (OP)

Australia
11/23/2012 07:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
Again, we have some more information on the topic above from the same source.

Betacornavirus Cluster Raises Pandemic Concerns
Recombinomics Commentary 18:30
November 23, 2012

So far, only the two most recently confirmed cases in Saudi Arabia are epidemiologically linked - they are from the same family, living in the same household. Preliminary investigations indicate that these 2 cases presented with similar symptoms of illness. One died and the other recovered.

Additionally, 2 other members of this family presented with similar symptoms of illness, where one died and the other is recovering. Laboratory results of the fatal case is pending, while the case that is recovering tested negative for the novel coronavirus.

Link here...

arkay  (OP)

Australia
11/23/2012 07:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
This post reveals that the WHO is suggestiong that the novel coronavirus might actually be more widespread than currently thought and is suggesting greater testing over a wider area.

WHO Suggests Broader Betacornavirus Testing
Recombinomics Commentary 22:00
November 23, 2012

it is prudent to consider that the virus is likely more widely distributed than just the two countries which have identified cases. Member States should consider testing of patients with unexplained pneumonias for the new coronavirus even in the absence of travel or other associations with the two affected countries. In addition, any clusters of SARI or SARI in health care workers should be thoroughly investigated regardless of where in the world they occur.

The above comments are from the last WHO update on the novel betacornavirus (SARS-CoV like), which announces four more confirmed cases and two more suspect cases, which include two additional fatalities. Four of the cases (two confirmed and two suspect) are from the same family, strongly supporting human to human transmission.

Link here...

arkay  (OP)

Australia
11/23/2012 07:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
The WHO has released its Global Influenza Update, which is as follows.

Date: Fri 23 Nov 2012
Source: World Health Organisation (WHO), Surveillance and monitoring, influenza [edited]
[link to www.who.int]

Influenza Update Number 173
---------------------------
Summary
-------
- Countries of the Northern Hemisphere temperate region report increasing influenza virus detections, however none have crossed their seasonal threshold or announced the beginning of their influenza season.
- Countries in southern and south east Asia, except Cambodia, reported decreasing influenza virus detections. Cambodia has reported increased detections of influenza A(H3N2) for at least 6 weeks.
- In Sub-Saharan Africa, Cameroon has continued to experience circulation of influenza A(H3N2) but appears to have peaked and the rate of detections has decreased. Ethiopia and Ghana reported increases in influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 while Madagascar, Kenya and Togo reported low circulation of mainly influenza B.
- Influenza activity in the temperate countries the temperate countries of the Southern Hemisphere is now at inter-seasonal levels

Countries in the temperate zone of the Northern Hemisphere
----------------------------------------------------------
Countries of the temperate regions of the Northern Hemisphere reported continued increases in detection of influenza virus with an increase in rates of influenza-like illness (ILI) and per cent positivity of specimens tested. However, none have yet crossed their seasonal thresholds or announced the beginning of their seasons.

North America

Some of the southern states of the United States of America and Ontario in Canada have started to report an increase in influenza activity.

In Canada, Ontario reported increased influenza activity but the other regions of the country reported none. Nationally, the proportion of outpatient visits that were due to ILI [Influenza-like illness] was 1.9 percent slightly lower than the previous week of 2.2 percent but continuing a general upward trend for at least the past 6 weeks. The percentage of clinical specimens testing positive for influenza virus increased from 2.8 percent to 5 percent in the previous reporting week. 8 influenza outbreaks have been reported, 5 in long term care facilities and 3 in other settings. Of the viruses detected, 92 percent (87/106) were influenza A and 8 percent were influenza B. Of the influenza A viruses with subtype information, of which 91 percent were A(H3N2) and 9 percent were A(H1N1)pdm09.

In the United States of America, ILI consultation rates were at 1.4 percent, which is below the seasonal threshold (2.2 percent), and 7.5 percent of 4147 specimens tested were positive for influenza. The geographic spread of influenza was reported as regional in 4 states; 8 states reported local activity; the District of Columbia and 32 states reported sporadic activity. Among the positive influenza samples, 56 percent were influenza A and 44 percent influenza type B. Of the influenza A viruses with subtype information, 98 percent were influenza A(H3N2).

Since October 2012, the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in the United States of America has antigenically characterized 77 influenza viruses. All 41 A(H3N2) influenza viruses were A/Victoria/361/2011-like, the strain contained in the current trivalent seasonal vaccine. Of the 35 influenza B viruses characterized, 24 were B/Wisconsin/1/2010-like (B/Yamagata lineage) and 11 were from the B/Victoria lineage.

Figure: Influenza transmission zone - North America - number of specimens positive for influenza by sub-type:
[link to www.who.int]

Europe

Influenza detections throughout Europe remain low, and at inter-season levels. However, there are reports of sporadic activity from Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany,Norway, and the United Kingdom. Consultation rates for ILI and acute respiratory infections (ARI)continued to be low throughout Europe but are starting to rise and become widespread, presumably due to other respiratory viruses rather than influenza given the low influenza positivity rates among sentinel samples from ILI.

The proportion of samples from sentinel sites positive for influenza remained low but increasing, with 14 (2.3 percent) out of 608 samples testing positive, (10 influenza A, 5 of which were subtyped as (H3N2), and 4 influenza B (lineage undetermined)). From non-sentinel sites, 81 samples were positive (46 influenza A and 35 influenza B: 28 influenza A were subtyped as 7 A(H3N2) and 21 A(H1N1pdm09)). None of the SARI cases reported were positive for influenza.

Northern Africa and the Eastern Mediterranean

Some influenza activity has been noted in countries of the Middle East. Bahrain, Israel, Oman and Qatar have all reported increasing numbers of viruses in the past 2 to 3 weeks. Virus types and subtypes vary slightly between countries and numbers are small but influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 has generally been the most commonly detected virus in the area.

Temperate Asia

Northern China reported low influenza activity, with only 26 samples (2.8 percent) out of 922 positive for influenza. Of these, 96 percent were influenza A(H3N2). In Mongolia, ILI activity continued to increase, particularly in Selenghe province. Although the majority of ILI reported countrywide being attributed to non-influenza viruses, there was an increase in the number of samples testing positive for influenza, primarily A(H3N2). Japan has reported only 2 positive samples for influenza B (lineage undetermined).

Countries in the tropical zone
------------------------------
Tropical countries of the Americas

Influenza B and influenza A(H3N2) activity has been noted in Costa Rica and Nicaragua but has peaked in recent weeks. RSV [respiratory syncytial virus] activity has also been noted in the area with Costa Rica, Honduras and Panama reporting cases.

In the Caribbean, Jamaica has reported an increase of influenza B virus circulation and a high percent of positive samples for influenza virus. In Guadalupe and Martinique, the epidemic of respiratory syncytial virus continued to decrease. In the tropical zone of South America, influenza activity continued to decrease

In the tropical zone of South America, influenza activity continued to decline with low numbers of virus detections being reported. In Brazil, the overall trend of influenza was decreasing with influenza A(H3N2) being the main virus detected. In Paraguay, low levels of influenza B and influenza A(H3N2) viruses are being reported.

Figure: Influenza transmission zone - Tropical America - number of specimens positive for influenza by sub-type:
[link to www.who.int]

Sub-Saharan Africa

Cameroon was still experiencing circulation of mainly influenza A(H3N2), but appeared to have peaked and the rate of detections were decreasing. Ethiopia and Ghana reported increases in influenza A(H1N1)pdm09, while Madagascar, Kenya and Togo reported low circulation of mainly influenza B.

Figure: Number of specimens positive for influenza by subtype in the middle Africa transmission zone
[link to www.who.int]

Tropical Asia

Influenza transmission continued in parts of tropical Asia.

India reported a continued decline in detections since peaking in mid-September. The most common influenza virus in the country was influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 with smaller amounts of type B. Detections in Sri Lanka, however, appeared to be increasing slightly with a higher proportion of A(H3N2) co-circulating with A(H1N1)pdm09 and influenza B.

In Southern Asia, Lao PDR, Thailand and Viet Nam reported decreasing detections of influenza positive samples, while Cambodia reported an increase. The most commonly detected virus differed between the countries with Cambodia reporting A(H3N2) in the large majority of cases while Lao PDR and Thailand have had more A(H1N1). In contrast with the other countries in the region, Viet Nam has reported mostly influenza B in recent weeks with very few influenza A viruses detected.

Influenza activity in Philippines, Singapore and southern China including SAR Hong Kong, remained at inter-seasonal levels.

Figure: Number of specimens positive for influenza by subtype in the Tropical Asian transmission zone
[link to www.who.int]

Countries in the temperate zone of the southern hemisphere
----------------------------------------------------------
Influenza activity has continued to decline in all temperate countries of the southern hemisphere and is now at inter-seasonal level. The only notable activity was in the southern cone of South America where Chile has reported a minor, secondary wave of influenza B transmission after a predominant influenza A(H3N2) season which peaked around the beginning of July.

Figure: Number of specimens positive for influenza by subtype in the temperate zone of the Southern Hemisphere
[link to www.who.int]

Source of data
--------------
The Global Influenza Programme monitors influenza activity worldwide and publishes an update every 2 weeks. The updates are based on available epidemiological and virological data sources, including FluNet (reported by the Global Influenza Surveillance and Response System) and influenza reports from WHO Regional Offices and Member States. Completeness can vary among updates due to availability and quality of data available at the time when the update is developed

Link here...

[link to www.promedmail.org]

In the left menu under the heading...

23 Nov 2012 Influenza (106): WHO update
arkay  (OP)

Australia
11/23/2012 07:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
This post is the original notice from the WHO in relation to the novel coronavirus cases in Saudi Arabia and Qatar.

Novel coronavirus infection - update
23 November 2012 - WHO has been notified of four additional cases, including one death, due to infection with the novel coronavirus. The additional cases have been identified as part of the enhanced surveillance in Saudi Arabia (3 cases, including 1 death) and Qatar (1 case). This brings the total of laboratory confirmed cases to 6.

Investigations are ongoing in areas of epidemiology, clinical management, and virology, to look into the likely source of infection, the route of exposure, and the possibility of human-to-human transmission of the virus. Close contacts of the recently confirmed cases are being identified and followed-up.

So far, only the two most recently confirmed cases in Saudi Arabia are epidemiologically linked - they are from the same family, living in the same household. Preliminary investigations indicate that these 2 cases presented with similar symptoms of illness. One died and the other recovered.

Additionally, 2 other members of this family presented with similar symptoms of illness, where one died and the other is recovering. Laboratory results of the fatal case is pending, while the case that is recovering tested negative for the novel coronavirus.

WHO continues to work with the governments of Saudi Arabia, Qatar and other international health partners to gain a better understanding of the novel coronavirus and the disease in humans. Further epidemiological and scientific studies are needed to better understand the virus.

WHO encourages all Member States to continue their surveillance for severe acute respiratory infections (SARI) and is currently reviewing the case definition and other guidance related to the novel coronavirus. Until more information is available, it is prudent to consider that the virus is likely more widely distributed than just the two countries which have identified cases. Member States should consider testing of patients with unexplained pneumonias for the new coronavirus even in the absence of travel or other associations with the two affected countries. In addition, any clusters of SARI or SARI in health care workers should be thoroughly investigated regardless of where in the world they occur.

Of the 6 laboratory confirmed cases reported to WHO, 4 cases (including 2 deaths) are from Saudi Arabia and 2 cases are from Qatar.

Link here...

[link to www.who.int]

GLP