Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,024 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 999,528
Pageviews Today: 1,788,196Threads Today: 771Posts Today: 13,647
08:16 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Does Jesus accept whoever ....'accepts' him?

DGN  (OP)

User ID: 4572292
United States
02/19/2012 04:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Does Jesus accept whoever ....'accepts' him?
Baptism is like enrolling in a class

you now have the OPPORTUNITY to get credit for the class

IF you do the work

there is much to be done IF you say you follow Jesus

a total mental transformation to complete with diligence

just because you enroll in the class does not mean you will pass and get credit
only means you have the OPPORTUNITY to pass and get credit
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 664728

Well said. To be accepted for baptism in Jehovah's organization takes at least one year of bible study and a 100 question interview with three elders who may or may not recommend the student. It also requires regular sharing in the public bible education work.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1287967
United States
02/19/2012 11:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
no
jailarson

User ID: 10641596
United States
02/19/2012 11:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
"“For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent forth his Son into the world, not for him to judge the world, but for the world to be saved through him. 18 He that exercises faith in him is not to be judged. He that does not exercise faith has been judged already, because he has not exercised faith in the name of the only-begotten Son of God. 19 Now this is the basis for judgment, that the light has come into the world but men have loved the darkness rather than the light, for their works were wicked. 20 For he that practices vile things hates the light and does not come to the light, in order that his works may not be reproved. 21 But he that does what is true comes to the light, in order that his works may be made manifest as having been worked in harmony with God.”
 Quoting: DGN

This galaxy is about polarity experiences...

The immature, immerse themselves in one polarity or the other... It is their rallying cry...

Good trying to overcome bad, or bad overcoming good is what keeps a spirit locked in the muck...

The spiritually advanced, know what is at work here...

A balance mindset, that incorporates both polarities is the key to graduation, away from the muck and mire of 3rd density...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 10101446

Everything in moderation?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 664728
New Zealand
02/19/2012 11:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
I agree that one should be well versed in the Bible before they are able to accept it and get baptized.

I am familiar with the Jehovah's Witness doctrines and while I agree that you have many things correct, I am bothered that there are a few major points that are not supported by the Bible.

Here is a link again that I would like you to look at OP: [link to wrestedscriptures.com]

I would love to hear your opinion.
Anonymous Coward
New Zealand
02/19/2012 11:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
I do think you will be surprised at my reasons for challenging some of your doctrines.

I do not wish you any harm --just the opposite. Obviously, I think there are errors in the JW approach. It would be unkind of me to not point them out (assuming I am right). It would be unwise of you to ignore me (assuming I am right).

If, however, I am wrong, then it is of no harm to you to consider my points.
Anonymous Coward
New Zealand
02/19/2012 11:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
OP, just as a good faith show that I am not needlessly challenging you from the apostate "christian" position, I will list a number of ideas that the JW's believe that are Biblical but not accepted by mainstream "christianity"

JW beliefs that are in line with Bible teaching:

No trinity--God is one
Holy Spirit is God's power
Jesus was not God
No "hell" of torment--hell merely means "grave"
Holidays are pagan in origin and give no glory to God
a believer should not vote or hold public office
Jesus crucified on a stake, not a cross (cross is idolatry)

I have Biblical challenges to other core beliefs however. If you are in a place where you can discuss your beliefs?
Eazy D

User ID: 1326518
United States
02/19/2012 11:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
This is a complicated issue, but we must not ignore God's sovereignty.

Free will has become a god to mankind, and is also, a false doctrine.

Men and women can't face the fact that God is working out his plan as a master orchestrator.

The scriptures are full of examples, and can be seen easily by those who want to know.

Do you think it was Gods will that Moses go into the wilderness thus yrs later, meeting God in the burning bush? How did Moses find himself in the desert, away from the palaces of Egypt? It was because he murdered a man. What did it take to have Moses, and that man he murdered, in the same location, and at the same time? You think free will lined this all up? Foolishness.

How about Samson, notice the reply from his father when Samson asked for him to get that women for him, and notice below that, it says (paraphrase) "for God had put that desire in Samson, in order to gain a way to judge the pharisees.

Jesus was asked about his death, and he replied that he could ask the father and the father would send multitudes of angels to save him, but Jesus refused to do so. Jesus says for this reason came I into the world. Did Jesus have free will.

I say men are moved by God. Bible (Scriptures) say so.

No fall in the garden, no Jesus, no marriage supper of the lamb, no heaven waiting for us.

It was and is all a plan of God.....Also who is saved? "Those destined to salvation". God draws, and shows mercy to those he desires to show mercy to...He puts it in your heart to desire him, to have faith, ETC...It is God's choice, we must be "OK" with his sovereignty.

If you can see it this way, and trust him even if he were to send you to hell, then you like Job, can say you trust him.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1554293

Pretty interesting!

Cool perspective on things I like it.

Last Edited by Eazy D on 02/19/2012 11:56 PM
Nine's

User ID: 11070587
United States
02/20/2012 12:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
I do think you will be surprised at my reasons for challenging some of your doctrines.

I do not wish you any harm --just the opposite. Obviously, I think there are errors in the JW approach. It would be unkind of me to not point them out (assuming I am right). It would be unwise of you to ignore me (assuming I am right).

If I bet that you'd get one of these scriptures in response, would you call and raise, or fold? pope

There's another couple too, but can't think of them offhand.

"My son, if you will receive my sayings and treasure up my own commandments with yourself, 2 so as to pay attention to wisdom with your ear, that you may incline
your heart to discernment; 3 if, moreover, you call out for understanding itself and you give forth your voice for discernment itself, 4 if you keep seeking for it as for
silver, and as for hid treasures you keep searching for it, 5 in that case you will understand the fear of Jehovah, and you will find the very knowledge of God. 6 For
Jehovah himself gives wisdom; out of his mouth there are knowledge and discernment. 7 And for the upright ones he will treasure up practical wisdom; for those
walking in integrity he is a shield, 8 by observing the paths of judgment, and he will guard the very way of his loyal ones. 9 In that case you will understand
righteousness and judgment and uprightness, the entire course of what is good." Pr2:1

At that time Jesus said in response: “I publicly praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and intellectual ones
and have revealed them to babes. Yes, O Father, because to do thus came to be the way approved by you. All things have been delivered to me by my Father, and no
one fully knows the Son but the Father, neither does anyone fully know the Father but the Son and anyone to whom the Son is willing to reveal him. Come to me, all
YOU who are toiling and loaded down, and I will refresh YOU. Take my yoke upon YOU and learn from me, for I am mild-tempered and lowly in heart, and YOU will find
refreshment for YOUR souls. For my yoke is kindly and my load is light." Mt11:27

And it must occur in the final part of the days [that] the mountain of the house of Jehovah will become firmly established above the top of the mountains, and it will
certainly be lifted up above the hills; and to it all the nations must stream. 3 And many peoples will certainly go and say: “Come, YOU people, and let us go up to the
mountain of Jehovah,... and he will instruct us about his ways, and we will walk in his paths..... And he will certainly render judgment among the nations and set matters
straight respecting many peoples. And they will have to beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning shears. Nation will not lift up sword against
nation, neither will they learn war anymore. Isa2;2
DGN  (OP)

United States
02/20/2012 12:19 PM
Report Abusive Post

If I bet that you'd get one of these scriptures in response, would you call and raise, or fold? pope

There's another couple too, but can't think of them offhand.

"My son, if you will receive my sayings and treasure up my own commandments with yourself, 2 so as to pay attention to wisdom with your ear, that you may incline
your heart to discernment; 3 if, moreover, you call out for understanding itself and you give forth your voice for discernment itself, 4 if you keep seeking for it as for
silver, and as for hid treasures you keep searching for it, 5 in that case you will understand the fear of Jehovah, and you will find the very knowledge of God. 6 For
Jehovah himself gives wisdom; out of his mouth there are knowledge and discernment. 7 And for the upright ones he will treasure up practical wisdom; for those
walking in integrity he is a shield, 8 by observing the paths of judgment, and he will guard the very way of his loyal ones. 9 In that case you will understand
righteousness and judgment and uprightness, the entire course of what is good." Pr2:1

At that time Jesus said in response: “I publicly praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and intellectual ones
and have revealed them to babes. Yes, O Father, because to do thus came to be the way approved by you. All things have been delivered to me by my Father, and no
one fully knows the Son but the Father, neither does anyone fully know the Father but the Son and anyone to whom the Son is willing to reveal him. Come to me, all
YOU who are toiling and loaded down, and I will refresh YOU. Take my yoke upon YOU and learn from me, for I am mild-tempered and lowly in heart, and YOU will find
refreshment for YOUR souls. For my yoke is kindly and my load is light." Mt11:27

And it must occur in the final part of the days [that] the mountain of the house of Jehovah will become firmly established above the top of the mountains, and it will
certainly be lifted up above the hills; and to it all the nations must stream. 3 And many peoples will certainly go and say: “Come, YOU people, and let us go up to the
mountain of Jehovah,... and he will instruct us about his ways, and we will walk in his paths..... And he will certainly render judgment among the nations and set matters
straight respecting many peoples. And they will have to beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning shears. Nation will not lift up sword against
nation, neither will they learn war anymore. Isa2;2
 Quoting: Nine's

hand full of aces here.
cool2applause
Nine's

United States
02/20/2012 12:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
hand full of aces here.
cool2applause

HaHa! Been reading you too long, DGN. Getting better at predicting the answers. Does the winner take all? chuckle

Last Edited by Nine's - IN MEMORIAM on 02/20/2012 12:34 PM
Anonymous Coward
New Zealand
02/20/2012 04:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
I am not sure why the flippant "winner" comments?

The idea is to be a follower of Christ for the glory of God.

The Bible is a very specific "how to" book describing a program to help us change our thinking in order to be acceptable to God. No hope of actually becoming acceptable but we do work towards that goal.

My concern OP is that you are following man's doctrines that have led you away from what is preached in the Bible.

We are warned to not add to the word of God--especially if that contradicts scripture.

We need to be well versed in scripture enough to know when we are being led astray.

My offer was merely to discuss the Bible. Would you not like to consider the idea?

I fear that JWs refuse discussion because they are taught to value the Watchtower above the Bible.

Again, I am not your typical "christian" with apostate doctrine. I was, in fact, raised in a Jewish household and believe in God in the way that jewish people have done for 6000 years. I do also believe Jesus is the Messiah and I accept the New Testament (B'rit Chadashah) but I have not changed my core beliefs about God.
DGN  (OP)

United States
02/20/2012 10:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
hand full of aces here.
cool2applause

HaHa! Been reading you too long, DGN. Getting better at predicting the answers. Does the winner take all? chuckle

Well well, come to think of it....
The intergalactically coveted 'THIS BUD's FOR YOU AWARD' is hereby bestowed upon Nines (and her ugly mean dogs )for astute anticipation and correctly answering relevant question about man and god!
5a5a5a5a5a

Last Edited by DGN on 02/22/2012 08:50 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9961050
United States
02/20/2012 10:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
u need to apply first
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 10516957

He already has you down. No sweat.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 4227306

:grizzy: I wouldn't count on that. HI THERE!... [link to www.chick.com]
 Quoting: Judethz

So a comic is supposed to change our minds?

I think it's good people have their beliefs. They need them to make it through this existence. However, there are people that are not satisfied with others being able to be comfortable in their own beliefs. There are people out that want to conquer the faith world no matter what until all believe the exact same story that they believe in.

Christianity is relatively new, so I can understand their feelings of wanting to become the best. The Hindu religion was around before even Judaism, but I don't see them rushing out and slamming it in people's faces trying to get them to convert.

I really don't see proof one way or the other. I don't see proof for a god and I don't see proof for no god.

I see that we are a bunch of people that are here and trying to get a handle on our mortality. Hold fast to what you feel is right, but you don't need to make others believe in what you do, because others are happy in their own beliefs.
Nine's

United States
02/20/2012 10:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
I am not sure why the flippant "winner" comments?

The idea is to be a follower of Christ for the glory of God.

The Bible is a very specific "how to" book describing a program to help us change our thinking in order to be acceptable to God. No hope of actually becoming acceptable but we do work towards that goal.

My concern OP is that you are following man's doctrines that have led you away from what is preached in the Bible.

We are warned to not add to the word of God--especially if that contradicts scripture.

We need to be well versed in scripture enough to know when we are being led astray.

My offer was merely to discuss the Bible. Would you not like to consider the idea?

I fear that JWs refuse discussion because they are taught to value the Watchtower above the Bible.

Again, I am not your typical "christian" with apostate doctrine. I was, in fact, raised in a Jewish household and believe in God in the way that jewish people have done for 6000 years. I do also believe Jesus is the Messiah and I accept the New Testament (B'rit Chadashah) but I have not changed my core beliefs about God.

I'm sorry you were offended by the "winner" comment. It wasn't meant to be flippant. When I was guessing DGN's response to you, I was making light of it by using card game terms. The "winner" fit with the card game and nothing else. It must have been poor taste but it wasn't meant to offend. hf

Last Edited by Nine's - IN MEMORIAM on 02/20/2012 10:31 PM
Jesus
User ID: 10943518
United States
02/20/2012 10:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
No bitch, keep stepping
Nine's

United States
02/20/2012 11:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
hand full of aces here.
cool2applause

Well well, come to think of it....
The intergalactically coveted 'THIS BUD's FOR YOU AWARD' is hereby bestowed upon Nines (and her bow wow buddy)for astute anticipation and correctly answering relevant question about man and god!
5a5a5a5a5a

Hahaha. Thank you for this coveted award. It's appreciated but it wasn't my answer. It was a guess at what yours would be, so the award isn't deserved. Bummer, that. chichiscan

Writing on the caption isn't very legible.
It says I iz tryn 2 esplode ur hed wit mai mind.lol

Last Edited by Nine's - IN MEMORIAM on 02/20/2012 11:48 PM
DGN  (OP)

United States
02/21/2012 11:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
We ALL belong to him like it or not.
Now you can 'CHOOSE' the road you wish to travel down. But like in life, there are consequences for our choices.
Example: You cant go around killing people and expect no consequence of what your doing. At some point it will catch up to you.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 4227306

You're right, by means of Jesus ransom sacrifice he 'bought' sinful mankind from God to show them how to become acceptable, few have responded however;
"Go in through the narrow gate; because broad and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are the ones going in through it; 14 whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it.

15 “Be on the watch for the false prophets that come to YOU in sheep’s covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves. 16 By their fruits YOU will recognize them. Never do people gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles, do they? 17 Likewise every good tree produces fine fruit, but every rotten tree produces worthless fruit; 18 a good tree cannot bear worthless fruit, neither can a rotten tree produce fine fruit. 19 Every tree not producing fine fruit gets cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Really, then, by their fruits YOU will recognize those [men]." Mt7:13
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11219644
United States
02/21/2012 03:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
Answering the question of the thread title, you don't just 'accept' Jesus. You have to realize how sinful you are and that you NEED and savior. You have to realize that you were NOT born "basically good". You also have to realize that there IS a hell and a devil that is trying to keep you from entering Heaven. A passage in Romans 3:9-20 (NIV) is a good place to look to see we are not "basically good"

"What then? Are we jewish people[a] any better off? No, not at all. For we have already charged that all, both jewish people and Greeks, are under sin, 10 as it is written:

“None is righteous, no, not one;
11 no one understands;
no one seeks for God.
12 All have turned aside; together they have become worthless;
no one does good,
not even one.”
13 “Their throat is an open grave;
they use their tongues to deceive.”
“The venom of asps is under their lips.”
14 “Their mouth is full of curses and bitterness.”
15 “Their feet are swift to shed blood;
16 in their paths are ruin and misery,
17 and the way of peace they have not known.”
18 “There is no fear of God before their eyes.”

19 Now we know that whatever the law says it speaks to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be stopped, and the whole world may be held accountable to God. 20 For by works of the law no human being[c] will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin."

After you realize all this, You can then ask God to forgive you of all your sins and he will send his spirit to help you become more like Jesus.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1287967
United States
02/21/2012 03:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thank You

Men and women can't face the fact that God is working out his plan as a master orchestrator.

The scriptures are full of examples, and can be seen easily by those who want to know.

Do you think it was Gods will that Moses go into the wilderness thus yrs later, meeting God in the burning bush? How did Moses find himself in the desert, away from the palaces of Egypt? It was because he murdered a man. What did it take to have Moses, and that man he murdered, in the same location, and at the same time? You think free will lined this all up? Foolishness.

How about Samson, notice the reply from his father when Samson asked for him to get that women for him, and notice below that, it says (paraphrase) "for God had put that desire in Samson, in order to gain a way to judge the pharisees.

Jesus was asked about his death, and he replied that he could ask the father and the father would send multitudes of angels to save him, but Jesus refused to do so. Jesus says for this reason came I into the world. Did Jesus have free will.

No fall in the garden, no Jesus, no marriage supper of the lamb, no heaven waiting for us.

It was and is all a plan of God.....Also who is saved? "Those destined to salvation". God draws, and shows mercy to those he desires to show mercy to...He puts it in your heart to desire him, to have faith, ETC...It is God's choice, we must be "OK" with his sovereignty.

If you can see it this way, and trust him even if he were to send you to hell, then you like Job, can say you trust him.

Pretty interesting!

Quoting: Eazy D
DGN  (OP)

United States
02/21/2012 04:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thank You

Pretty interesting!

Quoting: Eazy D

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1287967

QUOTE "trust him even if he were to send you to hell"? God sends people to 'hell'? The wages of sin is everlasting life, in punishment? Try this;
" For he who has died has been acquitted from [his] sin." Ro6:7
DGN  (OP)

United States
02/25/2012 12:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
The dead have paid the price for sin, they are not punished after death, death is the punishment. "For as respects whoever is joined to all the living there exists confidence, because a live dog is better off than a dead lion. 5 For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten. 6 Also, their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished, and they have no portion anymore to time indefinite in anything that has to be done under the sun." Ecc9:4
DGN  (OP)

United States
03/03/2012 09:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
"“For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent forth his Son into the world, not for him to judge the world, but for the world to be saved through him. 18 He that exercises faith in him is not to be judged. He that does not exercise faith has been judged already, because he has not exercised faith in the name of the only-begotten Son of God. 19 Now this is the basis for judgment, that the light has come into the world but men have loved the darkness rather than the light, for their works were wicked. 20 For he that practices vile things hates the light and does not come to the light, in order that his works may not be reproved. 21 But he that does what is true comes to the light, in order that his works may be made manifest as having been worked in harmony with God.”

This galaxy is about polarity experiences...

The immature, immerse themselves in one polarity or the other... It is their rallying cry...

Good trying to overcome bad, or bad overcoming good is what keeps a spirit locked in the muck...

A balance mindset, that incorporates both polarities is the key to graduation, away from the muck and mire of 3rd density...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 10101446

Everything in moderation?
 Quoting: jailarson

QUOTE: "

A balance mindset, that incorporates both polarities is the key to graduation, away from the muck and mire of 3rd density..."

Graduation to what? What then is the solution to this world's problem, another round of advanced 'mindsets'?
"But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up [with pride], lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power; and from these turn away. 6 For from these arise those men who slyly work their way into households and lead as their captives weak women loaded down with sins, led by various desires, 7 always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth." 2Ti3:1

GLP