Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,154 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 930,800
Pageviews Today: 1,551,210Threads Today: 630Posts Today: 11,068
03:38 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

GREECE: Massive day in Greece, Huge Demos - Watch Live / Discussion 12th Feb 2012

The Scientist
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 1201183
United Kingdom
02/12/2012 06:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
GREECE: Massive day in Greece, Huge Demos - Watch Live / Discussion 12th Feb 2012
[link to www.livestream.com]

Well, this is it people, today sees the vote that could bring down the EU, the greek protestors are out in force, expect a revolution if the bailout vote succeeds.

Please post live links news and serious discussion below, its an historic day.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1496863
United Kingdom
02/12/2012 06:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: GREECE: Massive day in Greece, Huge Demos - Watch Live / Discussion 12th Feb 2012

Well, this is it people, today sees the vote that could bring down the EU, the greek protestors are out in force, expect a revolution if the bailout vote succeeds.

Quoting: The Scientist

Greece will default on march 20th
Starwind

User ID: 4546990
United States
02/12/2012 06:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: GREECE: Massive day in Greece, Huge Demos - Watch Live / Discussion 12th Feb 2012
This is bad either way isn't it? If they don't pass its default, if they do pass its crushing austerity and trying to throw money at a hemorrhaging budget that will probably need more money yet again before too long.

I saw a figure posted somewhere, I'm trying to find it, but if greece had been allowed to default when they first ran into budget issues in 2009 they would have 36% less debt now.
The Scientist  (OP)

United Kingdom
02/12/2012 06:35 AM
Report Abusive Post

Greece will default on march 20th
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1496863

Agreed, but i think it will take a revolution to oust the current government, the Greeks will not react very well if the parliament vote this through.

Huge numbers there today... fair play to the greeks.

Last Edited by The Scientist on 02/12/2012 06:35 AM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1313288
United States
02/12/2012 06:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
Whatever! Greece has a economy equal to the state of Indiana!!!! Most over blown bunch doomm shit ever!!!!
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
02/12/2012 06:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
Agreed, but i think it will take a revolution to oust the current government, the Greeks will not react very well if the parliament vote this through.

it doesnt matter if the Greek politicians do sign an agreement because it will be rejected by troika,you watch and see,this is going to the wire,march 20th 2012

on the 19th of march they will holding emergency meetings and babbling how they hope to sign a deal buts its not going to happen
The Scientist  (OP)

United Kingdom
02/12/2012 06:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
Whatever! Greece has a economy equal to the state of Indiana!!!! Most over blown bunch doomm shit ever!!!!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1313288

I read somewhere that the top 5 US banks are responsible for 97% of Credit Default Swaps (CDS), if Greece goes down the CDS cascade begins.

Nobody knows where that would lead, but one things for sure, its not going to be a nice place to be.

Last Edited by The Scientist on 02/12/2012 06:42 AM
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
02/12/2012 06:43 AM
Report Abusive Post

its the domino effect,it will cause a finacial tsunami

WW1 was caused by a twat getting shot in the balkans,sometimes little things cause bigger things
Atom-Boy

User ID: 8571023
Japan
02/12/2012 06:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
Is "Riot-Dog" still alive and in Action?
G.Y.!B.E.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10626779
Australia
02/12/2012 06:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
riot dog is now president of greece
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10522084
United Kingdom
02/12/2012 06:44 AM
Report Abusive Post

You are missing the point. Its not about the size in money.

In the US, if indiana defaulted it wouldnt really be that big a deal.

But thats not what is happening in greece, their entire country is defaulting.
The Scientist  (OP)

United Kingdom
02/12/2012 06:45 AM
Report Abusive Post

it doesnt matter if the Greek politicians do sign an agreement because it will be rejected by troika,you watch and see,this is going to the wire,march 20th 2012

on the 19th of march they will holding emergency meetings and babbling how they hope to sign a deal buts its not going to happen

I don't think it can go to the wire (20th March) because these mechanisms take time to implement, they can't just magic 130 billion into the greeks bank account, i think if they vote no today then Greek 100% defaults and CDS will trigger almost immediately.
Anonymous Coward
United States
02/12/2012 06:45 AM
Report Abusive Post

its the domino effect,it will cause a finacial tsunami

WW1 was caused by a twat getting shot in the balkans,sometimes little things cause bigger things

We shall see.....World economies are in a total mess! It's like a huge Global Ponzi Scheme!!!
The Scientist  (OP)

United Kingdom
02/12/2012 06:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
Very tense now in Athens, as students have arrived in front of the parliament - Stopcartel.tv reporter is scared and expects trouble to break out imminently.

Could do with some more live links, anyone?

Last Edited by The Scientist on 02/12/2012 06:49 AM
Starwind

United States
02/12/2012 06:49 AM
Report Abusive Post

I don't think it can go to the wire (20th March) because these mechanisms take time to implement, they can't just magic 130 billion into the greeks bank account, i think if they vote no today then Greek 100% defaults and CDS will trigger almost immediately.

Yeah, I believe they have to approve the package today to be able to meet a Feb 17th deadline to deal with investors which leads to another deadline, etc etc.

They keep putting things off but I believe today might be one of the last chances to do so.

This is a pretty fucked up situation though. If they don't pass the bill its some kind of unforeseen global economic implications, if they do pass it its 70% write down on greek debt, more and more austerity, more unemployment, and more than likely they'll need another bailout before too long.
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
02/12/2012 06:49 AM
Report Abusive Post

Greece has the money to pay its bills right now,the pot runs dry on march 20th,the money will not run out before then making a default impossible untill the 20th March,a stock market crash could happen but i reckon they will prop up the system untill the occult date march 20th

what will happen is they will keep babbling about how the bailout deal must be signed in the next few days(yawn),babbling and repeating the same bile right up untill march 20th
The Scientist  (OP)

United Kingdom
02/12/2012 06:50 AM
Report Abusive Post

Yeah, I believe they have to approve the package today to be able to meet a Feb 17th deadline to deal with investors which leads to another deadline, etc etc.

They keep putting things off but I believe today might be one of the last chances to do so.

This is a pretty fucked up situation though. If they don't pass the bill its some kind of unforeseen global economic implications, if they do pass it its 70% write down on greek debt, more and more austerity, more unemployment, and more than likely they'll need another bailout before too long.
 Quoting: Starwind

It will also open the door for the rest of the PIGS to demand debt write downs, I know Ireland are seriously pushing for this.
The Scientist  (OP)

United Kingdom
02/12/2012 06:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
The discussion starts at 02:00 PM local Athens time.
Voting will be later in the night.

[link to www.hellenicparliament.gr]

[link to www.hellenicparliament.gr]

:.
 Quoting: Kanenas
Starwind

United States
02/12/2012 06:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
That's weird, I've got two "Live" streams showing two different things.

[link to kanalia.eu]
The Scientist  (OP)

United Kingdom
02/12/2012 06:58 AM
Report Abusive Post

[link to kanalia.eu]

That second one is definitely not a live video feed of today.

Last Edited by The Scientist on 02/12/2012 06:58 AM
Limpan

User ID: 1474973
Sweden
02/12/2012 06:58 AM

Report Abusive Post
Thanks for the thread, but my sources says it will not be as huge demonstrations as we think.
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
02/12/2012 07:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
It will also open the door for the rest of the PIGS to demand debt write downs, I know Ireland are seriously pushing for this.

Thats a good system isnt it ?? borrow money and not pay it back,ha,ha

never going to happen,karl Marx predicted this over a 100 years ago,a world financial crash.

I mean..... they they keep babbling about a 70% debt write down for greece but who is taking the hit ???? they havent mentioned that,they are just taking the piss out of peoples ignorance by spewing gobbledy gook
SeenThaFiend

User ID: 9746360
United States
02/12/2012 07:08 AM

Report Abusive Post

[link to kanalia.eu]

Actually, it is. Livestream/StopCartel is in replay mode. The big demonstration is set for 10 am EST. Here's a load of links...

[link to www.star.gr]

[link to kanalia.eu]

[link to www.skai.gr]

Check RT later as well. They will most likely have a live stream.

Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
02/12/2012 07:10 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: SeenThaFiend

who is more intelligent ??? ,the dog or the people ???????
The Scientist  (OP)

United Kingdom
02/12/2012 07:16 AM
Report Abusive Post

[link to kanalia.eu]

Actually, it is. Livestream/StopCartel is in replay mode. The big demonstration is set for 10 am EST. Here's a load of links...

[link to www.star.gr]

[link to kanalia.eu]

[link to www.skai.gr]

Check RT later as well. They will most likely have a live stream.

Quoting: SeenThaFiend

Looks like your right on that, stopcartel.tv are broadcasting rioting, they should really make it clearer that its not live.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10628201
Australia
02/12/2012 07:20 AM
Report Abusive Post

Greece has the money to pay its bills right now,the pot runs dry on march 20th,the money will not run out before then making a default impossible untill the 20th March,a stock market crash could happen but i reckon they will prop up the system untill the occult date march 20th

what will happen is they will keep babbling about how the bailout deal must be signed in the next few days(yawn),babbling and repeating the same bile right up untill march 20th

+1

somebody is also predicting a dow crash this week i see

but keep it reinforced till march 20

i rekon the people of greece will bring forward the date
Anonymous Coward
United States
02/12/2012 07:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
Greek MPs set to accept bailout deal

Unpopular austerity bill sets out €3.3bn in cuts to secure €130bn rescue package from the EU and IMF
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
02/12/2012 07:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
Greek MPs set to accept bailout deal

Unpopular austerity bill sets out €3.3bn in cuts to secure €130bn rescue package from the EU and IMF

never going to happen,Greece will be default on march 20th

they have been spewing the same crap for weeks now,infact its months,a deal is going to be signed in the next few days (yawn) ,i find it amazing people are stupid enough to keep falling for it
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1397073
Finland
02/12/2012 07:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
I was reading that whole EU budget is about 100 billion euros while EU's Greece support package is 110 billion euros.

Is this fair?! Support bottomless cave for nothing.
The Scientist  (OP)

United Kingdom
02/12/2012 07:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to twitter.com]

Follow her feed for live english updates on whats being said in parliament

More good links

#12fgr
#Greece

Last Edited by The Scientist on 02/12/2012 08:10 AM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10324352
Greece
02/12/2012 08:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
Is "Riot-Dog" still alive and in Action?
 Quoting: Atom-Boy

Riot dog is well and was seen today!

GLP