Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,051 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 382,322
Pageviews Today: 634,145Threads Today: 215Posts Today: 3,897
08:38 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

A WARNING: For those who use OMG when they text or talk.

Not of this World
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 3818533
United States
02/13/2012 02:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
A WARNING: For those who use OMG when they text or talk.
Be a leader, not a follower of those who use damnable language.

"You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not leave him unpunished who takes His name in vain." Exodus 20:7

Last Edited by Not of this World on 02/13/2012 02:21 PM
Then Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For My flesh is food indeed, and My blood is drink indeed." John 6:27-58

You adulterous people, don't you know that friendship with the world is hatred toward God? Anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.
-James 4:4

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
-Galatians 6:7

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
-Colossians 2:8

Rev 13:9-10 If anyone has an ear, let him hear. He who leads into captivity shall go into captivity; (Betraying your family and friends) he who kills with the sword must be killed with the sword. (Guns!) Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10043482
United States
02/13/2012 02:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: A WARNING: For those who use OMG when they text or talk.

"You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not leave him unpunished who takes His name in vain." Exodus 20:7

Quoting: Not of this World

using OMG is not taking the lords name in vain. Taking the lords name is vain is pretending to be godly in front of others, all the while having something else devious intended. Black magic is also taking the lords name in vain, using god energys to do something terrible.

You Christians who allow these wars of the zionists in the middle east are surely taking God's name in vain.
Not of this World  (OP)

United States
02/13/2012 02:23 PM
Report Abusive Post

•This is the Third of the Ten Commandments.
◦The first commandment was to have no other gods before the true God.
◦The second commandment was to not make images of God and bow down to them.
◦This third commandment deals with His name ~ You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not leave him unpunished who takes His name in vain.
◦Why would this be a command? Why would God command us to be careful how we use His name? Why would He punish people who take His name in vain?
◦The answer is simple. It is because God is Holy, pure, perfect, and righteous.
◦To use His name is to bring attention to who He is.
◦To use His name means that you are acknowledging His existence.
◦To use His name is to call upon the One has proclaimed who and what He is by His name.
1.What is God's name?
A.In the Hebrew, there are four consonants used to spell God's name. In English we see them as YHWH. We pronounce them as Jehovah or Yahweh.
B.The name Jehovah comes from the Hebrew verb to be.
C.In Exodus 3:14, Moses was at the burning bush and he asked God what His name was. God replied, "I AM WHO I AM"; and He said, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you."
i.God is the infinite being. He is the one who inhabits eternity. Psalm 90:2 says, "Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God."
ii.God is the one who inhabits eternity. He is the eternal being.
iii.He didn’t say His name was Frank, or Bob.
iv.He did not say his name was Baal, Krishna, or Allah, which are all names given to false god’s by people.
v.His name is the transcendent, the eternal, the continuously present and holy pronouncement of "I AM"
vi.We see this as Yahweh, or Jehovah.
D.The exact pronunciation of God's name has been lost, but when you call upon His name, you are calling upon Him.
E.Using His name in any form should be taken with great seriousness.
2.The name of God is Holy because it is self given.
A.It comes from God's own mouth and God is holy. Therefore, the name is holy.
B.God did not adopt the name that some group of people gave to Him.
i.He disclosed His own name.
C.When you are born, your parents give you a name.
i.This is because they are over you, because there was a time when you did not exist and your parents needed something to call you. So they named you.
ii.Adam was given dominion over the animals and He was given the right to name them.
D.But no one has dominion over God. No one has the right to name God.
E.God has always existed and He knows who He is.
i.He is the eternal one. He is the creator. He is the one who has always been. He is the one who was existing before the creation of the universe and before time existed. He is the great, "I AM."
F.Out of God's own nature, out of His own heart, He disclosed His holy name to us. It is self given. His name is Holy and is not to be used in a vain way.
3.God commands us not to use His name in vain.
A.The NIV translates it as, "Do no misuse the name of the LORD." But most Bibles say, ‘Do not use the name of the LORD in vain.’
B.The word vain is the Hebrew word shav. It has a variety of translations including emptiness, vanity, falsehood, nothingness, emptiness of speech, lying, and worthlessness.
i.To misuse God's name means literally, "to lift it up to or attach it to emptiness."
ii.No one is to use the Lord's name in this manner.
Preamble this with a comment about the following examples about being careful to not use God's name even by citing examples.

C.Perhaps you've heard unbelievers use God's name in vain.
i.They might say, "Oh G-d!" Or "J-sus!" or "J-sus Chri-st!" "GD-it."
D.We Christians can easily see how wrong this is.
E.Unfortunately, I have heard many Christians use God's name in vain and think nothing of it.
i.God wants you to guard your words and make sure you are not using God’s name in vain even in normal conversation.
ii.Check yourself to make sure you don’t use God’s name as an expression of surprise, anger, casual mention, or something in jest.
F.God’s name is too holy for that.
4.Conclusion
A.The unbeliever can call upon God’s name in their hour of need.
B.The unbeliever can discuss the nature and existence of God and in so doing mention His name.
C.But it is only the Christian, who truly has the right to use God’s name.
D.This is because of the Cross.
E.Because of the Cross we have access to the throne.
F.Because of the Cross we can pronounce the name of Yahweh without fear.
G.Because of the Cross we can know that the Lord hears us.
H.Because of the Cross you have the right, the privilege, and the responsibility even more so than anyone else in the world, to use God’s name in reverence and fear.
I.The Great I AM hears you at all times. Do not use the name of the Lord in vain.

Then Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For My flesh is food indeed, and My blood is drink indeed." John 6:27-58

You adulterous people, don't you know that friendship with the world is hatred toward God? Anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Rev 13:9-10 If anyone has an ear, let him hear. He who leads into captivity shall go into captivity; (Betraying your family and friends) he who kills with the sword must be killed with the sword. (Guns!) Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.
Anonymous Coward
United States
02/13/2012 02:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
OMG is in fact quite Godly, it expresses the revulsion of things anti God.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10451770
Canada
02/13/2012 02:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
omg are you serious
Not of this World  (OP)

United States
02/13/2012 02:25 PM
Report Abusive Post

using OMG is not taking the lords name in vain. Taking the lords name is vain is pretending to be godly in front of others, all the while having something else devious intended. Black magic is also taking the lords name in vain, using god energys to do something terrible.

You Christians who allow these wars of the zionists in the middle east are surely taking God's name in vain.
 Quoting: Nobody in Particular

Wrong my friend. Your as bad as the TV shows who freely promote this language.

Last Edited by Not of this World on 02/13/2012 02:26 PM

Monbazillac

User ID: 8958455
Italy
Report Abusive Post
OOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!​!!!!!!!!!

are you gonna spank me rex
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10200188
United Kingdom
Report Abusive Post

putin
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 6630717
Canada
Report Abusive Post
I'll never understand what attracts these religious nutjobs to this site.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 6630717
Canada
02/13/2012 02:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
Oh, and I forgot to add:

OMG!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10331303
Germany
Report Abusive Post
OMG!!!!
Anonymous Coward
United States
Report Abusive Post
If you to UNDERSTAND the more than 10 commandments, because more WERE given to Moses by the folks from the Planet Jehovah, please down load this PDF actually written by God and his team for use in this end of the age.

[link to tweeofmeer.webs.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4958408
United States
02/13/2012 02:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
Well, on my phone, OMG stands for Oh My Gonads.

You shouldn't judge, OP. Tsk, tsk.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10380641
United States
Report Abusive Post
My first thought when reading this thread was "oh jesus not another one".
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5903633
United States
Report Abusive Post
YOU shall not take YOUR lord's name in vain.....that doesn't mean that your lord is mine. Acceptance...it's the first step.
Anonymous Coward
United States
02/13/2012 02:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Oh...I meant to ask... IS OMFG bad too?
SpecialC
User ID: 1349676
United States
02/13/2012 02:29 PM
Report Abusive Post

This is using gods name in vain... not "omg"
Anonymous Coward
United States
02/13/2012 02:30 PM
Report Abusive Post

Really? God is here, returned as he promised and he uses man's more accurate language all the time. Actually one of his favorites is bullshit and BS. And I have seen Jesus say OH MY GOD when yet another horror manifests on this world.

Language must express accurately and some of these words used are accurate and not against any laws of the silly God of Christians. God rewards for growth of mind in love. OMG to some of us, is highly accurate as we look IN HORROR on what goes on in this world. Some of the worst satanists practice "perfect" english to confuse you into believing they are honorable in fact.

Please put on your God Given MIND.
<<LOOK`n thru YOU>>

User ID: 922574
United States
02/13/2012 02:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
whatever
Trbl Ivan

User ID: 3889355
United States
Report Abusive Post

Taking the lords name is vain is pretending to be godly in front of others, all the while having something else devious intended.
True! Bless and green karma to you Nip.
You people speak so lightly of war; you don't know what you're talking about. Sherman
Anonymous Coward
United States
Report Abusive Post

This is using gods name in vain... not "omg"
 Quoting: SpecialC 1349676

EXCELLENT EXAMPLE. THANK YOU. :thankyou flowers:
Anonymous Coward
United States
02/13/2012 02:33 PM
Report Abusive Post

Really? God is here, returned as he promised and he uses man's more accurate language all the time. Actually one of his favorites is bullshit and BS. And I have seen Jesus say OH MY GOD when yet another horror manifests on this world.

Language must express accurately and some of these words used are accurate and not against any laws of the silly God of Christians. God rewards for growth of mind in love. OMG to some of us, is highly accurate as we look IN HORROR on what goes on in this world. Some of the worst satanists practice "perfect" english to confuse you into believing they are honorable in fact.

Satanists? Really? Like the West Memphis 3? Weren't *they* labeled as satanists and then imprisoned for 18 years for crimes they did NOT commit? All because they were *labeled* as Satanists... That must have been the "Christianly Love" that I keep hearing about.
Christ on a Bike

User ID: 4576030
United Kingdom
Report Abusive Post

Jesus just shut the fuck up you complete and utter fucking nob.

You god botherers are going to be the 1st ones in hell for making him seem like a fucking fairy all the time.
Remember, many people are only still alive as it is ilegal to shoot the fuckers.
Da Purple Chicken

User ID: 7667691
United States

Report Abusive Post

purplecock

BTW OP, you just used OMG in your thread title - are you too now damned?
“If we are peaceful, if we are happy, we can smile and blossom like a flower, and everyone in our family, our entire society, will benefit from our peace.”
Thich Nhat Hanh, Being Peace

"But ask the animals, and they will teach you,
or the birds in the sky, and they will tell you;
or speak to the earth, and it will teach you,
or let the fish in the sea inform you." - Job 12:7,8

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

revstargazer (at) hotmail.com
Anonymous Coward
United States
02/13/2012 02:34 PM
Report Abusive Post

Satanists? Really? Like the West Memphis 3? Weren't *they* labeled as satanists and then imprisoned for 18 years for crimes they did NOT commit? All because they were *labeled* as Satanists... That must have been the "Christianly Love" that I keep hearing about.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 5903633

excuse me, but I never heard of these ones, so I cannot comment
Monbazillac

User ID: 8958455
Italy
02/13/2012 02:35 PM
Report Abusive Post

purplecock

BTW OP, you just used OMG in your thread title - are you too now damned?
 Quoting: Da Purple Chicken

churchlady
OMG OMG OMG he failed cruise
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5536007
United States
02/13/2012 02:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'll never understand what attracts these religious nutjobs to this site.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 6630717

And I'll never understand what attracts these ANTI-religious nutjobs to this site.

The Greatest Conspiracy is in the fact that the Government, Educational institutions and most of Society, openly reject and cover up discoveries that validate religious beliefs.

And I thought this was a Conspiracy site, silly me.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9923745
Argentina
02/13/2012 02:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
OMFG!!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1531456
United States
02/13/2012 02:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
It's not taking the lord's name in vain. It's a cry for help, a plea for mercy, a prayer to be spared the horror of reality.

"Rick Santorum won how many caucuses? OMG!"
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 664728
New Zealand
02/13/2012 02:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
"God" is not His name

and

taking His name in vain means to make a promise (on Him) and not fulfilling it
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10714980
United Kingdom
02/13/2012 02:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
i think you should worry more about all the killings going on 'in gods name' than text speak

GLP