Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,257 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 44,094
Pageviews Today: 70,575Threads Today: 29Posts Today: 469
12:46 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Can Christianity, Homosexual Acceptance and Secularism *stand together* in Society?

christian
Suited up and Armored in Christ!

User ID: 6038128
United States
02/17/2012 07:03 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Can Christianity, Homosexual Acceptance and Secularism *stand together* in Society?
Looks like...NO....

MARRIAGE IS SLOWLY DYING IN SCANDINAVIA.

A majority of children in Sweden and Norway are born out of wedlock. Sixty percent of first-born children in Denmark have unmarried parents. Not coincidentally, these countries have had something close to full gay marriage for a decade or more. Same-sex marriage has locked in and reinforced an existing Scandinavian trend toward the separation of marriage and parenthood.

The Nordic family pattern--including gay marriage--is spreading across Europe. And by looking closely at it we can answer the key empirical question underlying the gay marriage debate. Will same-sex marriage undermine the institution of marriage? It already has.

More precisely, it has further undermined the institution. The separation of marriage from parenthood was increasing; gay marriage has widened the separation. Out-of-wedlock birthrates were rising; gay marriage has added to the factors pushing those rates higher. Instead of encouraging a society-wide return to marriage, Scandinavian gay marriage has driven home the message that marriage itself is outdated, and that virtually any family form, including out-of-wedlock parenthood, is acceptable.

IS BRITIAN LOSING IT"S RELIGION?
A High Court ruled banning prayers from council meetings and Muslim Conservative MP Baroness Warsi has suggested that a 'militant secularisation' is taking hold of our society, but is Britain losing its religion?

Minister Warsi warns against 'militant secularism'

A Muslim cabinet minister warned on Tuesday against the rise of "militant secularism" in European society, arguing during a visit to the Vatican that the continent must not ignore its Christian roots.
Susie

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.....Matthew 6:21
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: Ecclesiastes 3:1
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1494396
United States
02/17/2012 07:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Can Christianity, Homosexual Acceptance and Secularism *stand together* in Society?
uh YES THEY CAN
christian  (OP)

United States
02/17/2012 07:09 PM

Report Abusive Post
Re: Can Christianity, Homosexual Acceptance and Secularism *stand together* in Society?
I wonder if people really believe that GOD...Jehovah GOD, The GOD of ABraham, Issac and Jacob is going to lose this battle????

Maybe a clue one should ask...Has he ever lost before?

The loser will be the *Soul of Man*...Let us pray that Jesus returns swiftly..as we know he will!

Maranatha Jesus!!
Susie

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: Ecclesiastes 3:1
christian  (OP)

United States
02/17/2012 07:10 PM

Report Abusive Post
uh YES THEY CAN
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1494396

The World is showing differently....

The truth is out...
Susie

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10990482
Australia
02/17/2012 07:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
It's militant paganism (masons, NWO, gays etc) rather than militant atheism, or some combination of the two. I think the movement likes to pretend to be atheist, but since it's really satan behind it, it's not atheist.
christian  (OP)

United States
02/17/2012 07:15 PM

Report Abusive Post
uh YES THEY CAN
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1494396

If they can..Where is that in the Bible?

PSALM 5:5

The arrogant cannot stand in your presence; you hate all who do wrong.

Romans 1:30
slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents;

Spiritual Warfare

God said “put on the full armor of God so that you can stand against the tactics of the devil.” Anyone who is a believer in Jesus Christ has already entered spiritual warfare.

Spiritual warfare is the battle between good and evil, light and darkness, God and satan. Although “the darkness has never overcome” the light that “shines in the darkness,” the forces of evil and darkness here on earth are constantly on the offensive against the “children of the light.”

We are the children of the light, the followers of Jesus Christ, who is “that life“ which is “the light of men.” As children of the light we will enter into spiritual battle throughout our lives to glorify and serve our commander-in-chief, Jesus Christ.

All Christians are soldiers under His command. Our love for Jesus Christ is demonstrated daily by our faithful obedience and willingness to follow through with His orders. Just as a soldier takes orders from his commander, Christians follow the battle plans of Jesus Christ
Susie

christian  (OP)

United States
02/17/2012 07:21 PM

Report Abusive Post
It's militant paganism (masons, NWO, gays etc) rather than militant atheism, or some combination of the two. I think the movement likes to pretend to be atheist, but since it's really satan behind it, it's not atheist.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 10990482

Yes..Satan is behind all of it...

He is the Father of Lies...

He knows he has lost..

But he laughs at the ones he has fooled...lflash
Susie

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5926374
United States
02/17/2012 07:22 PM
Report Abusive Post

He knows he has lost..

Quoting: christian

putin

Go ask your mom for more twinkies
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9252873
Australia
02/17/2012 07:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
What's your stance on homosexuality?
christian  (OP)

United States
02/17/2012 07:28 PM

Report Abusive Post

He knows he has lost..

putin

Quoting: Zazz 2

That's Profound...
Susie

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10903862
United States
02/17/2012 07:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
I ... AM ..... TIRED ......OF.....HEARING
.....ABOUT.....HOMO ....."RIGHTS"....!!!!!

PLEASE .....MAKE.....IT ......STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
christian  (OP)

United States
02/17/2012 07:29 PM

Report Abusive Post
What's your stance on homosexuality?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 9252873

You already know....
Susie

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9680497
United Kingdom
02/17/2012 07:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
The UK is losing its religion. No one my family (on both sides) has been particularly religious for 4 generations/110 years and I can't recall any person I know (or have known) personally saying they were particularly religious.

I did hear a friend of a friend was a Muslim but she had a kid out of wedlock, drinks alcohol and had a stripper for a birthday, so her commitment isn't great.
Anonymous Coward
United States
02/17/2012 07:36 PM
Report Abusive Post

He knows he has lost..

putin

That's Profound...

At least original, more so than the 1 millionth post on Christardanity
christian  (OP)

United States
02/17/2012 07:42 PM

Report Abusive Post

He knows he has lost..

putin

That's Profound...

Not to worry..

The NEW WORLD ORDER IS COMING...

In fact World Bank's Robert Zoellick who is leaving in June said..The World Bank needs a NEW WORLD ORDER and dump the USA who has had to much control...

The Angel will grant your wish..Kinda like George Bailey..

A World without GOD coming to your neighborhood....

Susie

Rebelucio

User ID: 4938108
United States
02/17/2012 07:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
Teach your children your beliefs. Leave the rest of us alone. Your soul is you and your faith's business and vice-versa.

If Christianity were the one true religion, I believe it would have staying power. It's dying out and you're upset about it. That is an understandable position, but Christianity still has a chance to update itself with a more modern tone.

Quit cherry-picking the OT for instance. That will be a good start.
Love thy enemy.
Anonymous Coward
United States
02/17/2012 07:45 PM
Report Abusive Post

putin

That's Profound...

Not to worry..

The NEW WORLD ORDER IS COMING...

In fact World Bank's Robert Zoellick who is leaving in June said..The World Bank needs a NEW WORLD ORDER and dump the USA who has had to much control...

The Angel will grant your wish..Kinda like George Bailey..

A World without GOD coming to your neighborhood....

bsflag

Like the "new world order" has aything to do with christianity.

please stock up on more teddy grahams for your basement snack box
christian  (OP)

United States
02/17/2012 07:46 PM

Report Abusive Post
I like all the Hypocrites that say Christians are bigots and Homophobes etc..

Yet they love to send me private messages like this constantly..

I guess so I can EXPOSE THEM with their hypocrisy..
2/17/2012 My imaginary friend has more superpowers than your imaginary friend ;p

2/17/2012 Sick Esquizofrenic, superticiuos wicked evil consertive- read the bible again, this time understand it.

2/16/2012 You're still a fucking idiot.

Susie

christian  (OP)

United States
02/17/2012 07:56 PM

Report Abusive Post
Teach your children your beliefs. Leave the rest of us alone. Your soul is you and your faith's business and vice-versa.

If Christianity were the one true religion, I believe it would have staying power. It's dying out and you're upset about it. That is an understandable position, but Christianity still has a chance to update itself with a more modern tone.

Quoting: Rebelucio

SO is Christianity banned on GLP? I did not get the memo...

Christianity will not change because GOD does not change.

Should GOD change to please Man now? I wasn't aware we took the Power away from GOD...
Susie

Rebelucio

United States
02/17/2012 08:06 PM
Report Abusive Post

Should GOD change to please Man now? I wasn't aware we took the Power away from GOD...

No, it's not banned. I never said it was. Your morality is questionable, though. You have a superficial view of homosexuality that was passed down through the generations by a patriarchal institution.

Homosexuality is not synonymous with sodomy. Maybe, that's how the leaders of the church portrayed it, but love and submissive violence are two very different acts.

If you believe that Jesus held the same superficial beliefs as you, then I think you should keep it to yourself, that is all.

Peace to you.
Love thy enemy.
christian  (OP)

United States
02/17/2012 08:14 PM

Report Abusive Post

No, it's not banned. I never said it was. Your morality is questionable, though. You have a superficial view of homosexuality that was passed down through the generations by a patriarchal institution.

Homosexuality is not synonymous with sodomy. Maybe, that's how the leaders of the church portrayed it, but love and submissive violence are two very different acts.

If you believe that Jesus held the same superficial beliefs as you, then I think you should keep it to yourself, that is all.

Peace to you.

I appreciate your comment...
Susie

Anonymous Coward
Australia
02/17/2012 08:16 PM
Report Abusive Post

Take your own advice. The Pagan/atheist alliance is indoctrinating people's children on a daily basis, schools, tv, films. You need stop the indoctrinating with your beliefs.
Rebelucio

United States
02/17/2012 08:29 PM
Report Abusive Post

Take your own advice. The Pagan/atheist alliance is indoctrinating people's children on a daily basis, schools, tv, films. You need stop the indoctrinating with your beliefs.

Those are all very easy to get around. It's called turn off the TV and home school. Make your own principled films and distribute them. People will do what they will do.

If more people who believed in Christian principles practiced them, I believe they would be imitated more often.

The discussion about condemning people for loving another of the same sex the way hetero couples do turns some people off. Those of us that disagree do so because the cognitive dissonance of following Jesus who loved unconditionally doesn't comply with what is in our hearts for those that feel isolated because of the way God made them.

Peace to you too.
Love thy enemy.
bigD111

User ID: 4221691
United States
02/17/2012 08:31 PM

Report Abusive Post
OP, aren't we to hate the sin but love the sinner? Is not homosexuality a sin just as lying or murder is a sin? I am not in favor of gay marriage and I would say I am homophobic, but still I tolerate as the bible says.
deplorably republican
Anonymous Coward
Australia
02/17/2012 08:37 PM
Report Abusive Post

Those are all very easy to get around. It's called turn off the TV and home school. Make your own principled films and distribute them. People will do what they will do.

If more people who believed in Christian principles practiced them, I believe they would be imitated more often.

The discussion about condemning people for loving another of the same sex the way hetero couples do turns some people off. Those of us that disagree do so because the cognitive dissonance of following Jesus who loved unconditionally doesn't comply with what is in our hearts for those that feel isolated because of the way God made them.

Peace to you too.

Syncretist BS. Jesus didn't love everyone unconditionally, as in 'for it is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it unto the dogs' he also did not unconditionally luv satan This luvvy luvvy hippie pseudo christianity is just another trick.

You sound a lot like a shill.
Anonymous Coward
Australia
02/17/2012 08:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
OP, aren't we to hate the sin but love the sinner? Is not homosexuality a sin just as lying or murder is a sin? I am not in favor of gay marriage and I would say I am homophobic, but still I tolerate as the bible says.
 Quoting: bigD111

Homosexuality is not some minor sin, like telling white lies, it's an abomination.
Monstrum

User ID: 10969975
Croatia
Report Abusive Post
I wonder if people really believe that GOD...Jehovah GOD, The GOD of ABraham, Issac and Jacob is going to lose this battle????

Maybe a clue one should ask...Has he ever lost before?

The loser will be the *Soul of Man*...Let us pray that Jesus returns swiftly..as we know he will!

Maranatha Jesus!!

Amen my brother!
But people will be so sad,when they understand what He did and why...
and how we reject Him from His world.
Isaiah 44:22 I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, your sins like the morning mist. Return to me, for I have redeemed you."
Rebelucio

United States
Report Abusive Post

Peace to you too.

Syncretist BS. Jesus didn't love everyone unconditionally, as in 'for it is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it unto the dogs' he also did not unconditionally luv satan This luvvy luvvy hippie pseudo christianity is just another trick.

You sound a lot like a shill.

I am a shill. A loving hippy shill. You sound like a shill too; of the intolerant variety. hahaha..some folks! SmileyWink You need some love. or is love a trick?
Love thy enemy.
bigD111

User ID: 4221691
United States
02/17/2012 09:05 PM

Report Abusive Post
Where in the bible does it break out sin into major and minor. I think that is your thinking on the matter, not the bibles.
deplorably republican
Anonymous Coward
Australia
02/17/2012 09:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
Abomination = major.
Rebelucio

United States
02/17/2012 09:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
Abomination = major.

[link to www.religiondispatches.org]
Love thy enemy.

GLP