Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,536 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 297,141
Pageviews Today: 483,978Threads Today: 161Posts Today: 2,761
06:55 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

The monsters wakes up ! Katla Hekla Iceland Dead Zone and rift as uniform system ! A lot of others worldwide !

Tramp  (OP)

User ID: 11279583
Russia
02/22/2012 03:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: The monsters wakes up ! Katla Hekla Iceland Dead Zone and rift as uniform system ! A lot of others worldwide !
That doesn't sound like good news to me. Moving laterally through old faults or channels. That could lead to fisure type eruptions. They don't know whats going on but lets hope they are wrong about this.
 Quoting: alexisj9

Me too. IMO, the main point now in that, these are micriseisms reflection of some time fluctuations of volumes of magma in various directions, or it sign the beginnings of more global process, details some later.

tremor might be down, but i THINK i am seeing something disturbing. long period events.

look at this chart of when Pinatubo went in 91..

[link to www.mnh.si.edu]

now, can you see anything like that on Jon's Katla chart?

[link to www.simnet.is]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11098011

Agree, and agree that really similar graphs

Last Edited by Tramp on 02/22/2012 05:37 PM
Tramp
Tramp  (OP)

Russia
02/22/2012 04:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: The monsters wakes up ! Katla Hekla Iceland Dead Zone and rift as uniform system ! A lot of others worldwide !
Good brief rewiew of today Volcanocafe's Iceland news made by Luisport here Thread: World Volcano Activity UPDATE !!! MARAPI AGAIN!!! KATLA AGAIN!!! SWARM STARTING IN ICELAND DORMANT VOLCANO Bláfjoll!!! (Page 13)

I would like to draw in addition attention to some key aspects of discussion.

We see some days real activity of Hekla and Katla.

At first many doubted it, have been then compelled to recognize its presence, and now a main point is as them to interpret. Thus if at first the basic attention has been involved in Katla now, as well as I from the very beginning, have concentrated on Hekla.
I will illustrate it with some very interesting and discussion important points.

Hekla microseisms stiil on the yesterday high level
[link to hraun.vedur.is]
and since yesterday the best minds are occupied by finding-out where magma and what consequences can be flows:

[link to volcanocafe.wordpress.com]

"Carl le Strange says:
February 21, 2012 at 23:09
Problem I have is that Hekla is doing something unorthodox for being Hekla, and then we are talking about the world record holding volcano on the field of being unorthodox.
Hekla is deflating. Magma is rapidly leaving the northeastern half of the volcano (Isakot/Burfell and Hestalda), it is still unclear if it is going south or not.
This explains the microseisms recorded now at Mjoaskard, compression as one or more of the magmachambers get deflated.

Carl le Strange says:
February 21, 2012 at 23:23
It could actually equaly well be motion in the hypthetical subduction zone… Or something else like this.
And note, I am note able to plot it out really… I can not really see it clear enough in my poor woolly head to get what is actually happening. As far as I know there are no fissures outside of Heklas fissure, except Litla Hekla

Carl le Strange says:
February 21, 2012 at 23:25
And that would make an explosive mix if anything… If the Hekla lava met ordinary basalt from Iceland…
But very very unlikely and has as far as anyone knows never happened in Heklas history.

Carl le Strange says:
February 21, 2012 at 23:28
Could though be as simple as it going into some southern resrvoir… and it will have a southern eruption this time around.
But, if the deflation continues I will most likely loose my bet without a counterpart.
Oh…
and here is the link…
[link to strokkur.raunvis.hi.is]

Irpsit says:
February 21, 2012 at 23:36
Hekla magma is being sucked into Katla as she approaching eruption?
My immediate wild bet.
But not very likely.

Carl le Strange says:
February 21, 2012 at 23:47
If that had happened Katla would have blown like a bomb…
The magmas of Hekla is totally incompatible with any other volcano on iceland and would result in the most disgusting and explosive magma possible…

Let me say it clearly. Heklas magma is produced in a totally different process than any other magma on Iceland. It is produced by pressure melt through subduction. It is not hotspot magma at all."
Tramp
alexisj9

User ID: 1376880
United Kingdom
02/22/2012 04:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
Sounds very strange indeed.
Tramp  (OP)

Russia
02/22/2012 05:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
And now the most important: conclusions on the basis of mentioned above GPS data ( [link to strokkur.raunvis.hi.is]

"GeoLurking says:
February 22, 2012 at 07:20
Err… Carl, you have mail.

I’m apprehensive to post it myself, and can re-do the image for clarity if you like. The data was from the link you provided.

I’m not quite sure what to make of it myself. Hekla is a pretty dynamic system.

GeoLurking says:
February 22, 2012 at 07:21
Oh yeah, its vertical uplift and/or subsidence… no lateral offset BS. The real deal"

OK, let's wait for their final conclusions.

In the meantime we will remember that as it is known near Iceland there is a border of two lithospheric plates - Euroasian and North American, and that it is a "paper clip" as though connecting them.
Thus near to Iceland there is Greenland , and all of us know about catastrophic melting of the Greenland glaciers, that is about strong reduction of its weight pressing on edge of a North American plate. With reduction of this pressure loading of a North American plate aspiring upwards on the "paper clip" middle accordingly strongly increases. Let's look at a chart with borders of tectonic plates and a chart with a chain of volcanoes and fissures (coinciding with them)
[link to static.businessinsider.com]
Let's look then at a chart coinciding with them recent both flowing quakes and a tremor (microseism)

[link to en.vedur.is]

[link to hraun.vedur.is]

and let attentively observe of the further succession of events.

Last Edited by Tramp on 02/22/2012 05:38 PM
Tramp
Tramp  (OP)

Russia
02/22/2012 05:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
Just posted:
Hekla – GPS variance
Posted on February 22, 2012 by volcanocafe

Very interesting, but there are very disputable details.
For example,
"Hekla is known to have more than one chamber, as many as nine major chambers has been suggested in various papers. Be that as it may, Hekla has complicated innards, and it seems like magma can run freely between the chambers."

Or it seems not like a lot (really 9? or 12, or more?) chambers, looks more likely as very long whole system?

Anyway, thanks and are very interesting.

P.s. Ooops, this article already posted few minutes ago here
Thread: World Volcano Activity UPDATE !!! MARAPI AGAIN!!! KATLA AGAIN!!! SWARM STARTING IN ICELAND DORMANT VOLCANO Bláfjoll!!! (Page 13)

My apologies, Luisport.

Last Edited by Tramp on 02/22/2012 06:03 PM
Tramp
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11301127
Russia
02/23/2012 05:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
Hurricane eye now

[link to www.heklubyggd.is]

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11301127
Russia
02/23/2012 06:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
Or it seems not like a lot (really 9? or 12, or more?) chambers, looks more likely as very long whole system?

Quoting: Tramp

Yes, it is really similar to a swing of all system as a whole

[link to en.vedur.is]

Katla also unrest

[link to hraun.vedur.is]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1302316
Romania
02/23/2012 11:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
Last falling for Hekla looks not good !

[link to hraun.vedur.is]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11311799
Portugal
02/23/2012 11:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
Just posted:
Hekla – GPS variance
Posted on February 22, 2012 by volcanocafe

Very interesting, but there are very disputable details.
For example,
"Hekla is known to have more than one chamber, as many as nine major chambers has been suggested in various papers. Be that as it may, Hekla has complicated innards, and it seems like magma can run freely between the chambers."

Anyway, thanks and are very interesting.

P.s. Ooops, this article already posted few minutes ago here
Thread: World Volcano Activity UPDATE !!! MARAPI AGAIN!!! KATLA AGAIN!!! SWARM STARTING IN ICELAND DORMANT VOLCANO Bláfjoll!!! (Page 13)

My apologies, Luisport.

hf Don't worry, do your work in your best!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11311799
Portugal
02/23/2012 11:49 AM
Report Abusive Post

[link to hraun.vedur.is]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1302316

In volcanocafe they say this is due bad weather...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11098011
United Kingdom
02/23/2012 12:12 PM
Report Abusive Post

[link to hraun.vedur.is]

Quoting: Luisport

nah, not having that. something is going on here. too coincidental. that is a very sharp FALL in tremor. that is no random gust of wind doing that.

i've not seen bad weather causing a fall like that before, and they have bad weather all the time.

katla's tremor seems to be increasing again too..

[link to www.simnet.is]

they can't use the 'bad weather' excuse ALL the time, can they?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11312707
Russia
02/23/2012 12:25 PM
Report Abusive Post

[link to hraun.vedur.is]

not so it seems that so

Jamie says:
February 23, 2012 at 16:03
Weather. We have some heavy winds hitting the area.

strong wind was from 9 to 17

but tremor some days
[link to hraun.vedur.is]
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
02/23/2012 02:12 PM
Report Abusive Post

[link to hraun.vedur.is]

not so it seems that so

Jamie says:

but tremor some days
[link to hraun.vedur.is]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11312707

[link to en.vedur.is]

look at today's obs, and compare it to the tremor chart.

[link to www.simnet.is]

it isn't bad weather, although there is a storm due tonight, and no doubt they'll trot that old chestnut out again.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8783704
United Kingdom
02/23/2012 02:18 PM
Report Abusive Post

Pic is of a pileus cap. Common over mountains.
Tramp  (OP)

User ID: 10893223
Turkey
02/23/2012 02:23 PM
Report Abusive Post

[link to hraun.vedur.is]

not so it seems that so

Jamie says:

but tremor some days
[link to hraun.vedur.is]

[link to en.vedur.is]

look at today's obs, and compare it to the tremor chart.

[link to www.simnet.is]

it isn't bad weather, although there is a storm due tonight, and no doubt they'll trot that old chestnut out again.

Very good supervision!

[link to hraun.vedur.is]

not so it seems that so

Jamie says:

but tremor some days
[link to hraun.vedur.is]

It's so. Now only 2mps

but for Katla the same tremor still proceeds (Jon Frimann data [link to www.jonfr.com]

[link to www.simnet.is]

and for Hekla also seems at the close level
[link to hraun.vedur.is]

And generally all region otherwise as even more active, than yesterday, you will not name

[link to en.vedur.is]
Tramp
Tramp  (OP)

Turkey
02/23/2012 02:28 PM
Report Abusive Post

Pic is of a pileus cap. Common over mountains.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 8783704

Certainly. In the same way, as well as that you would change the opinion if observed in development as I - unfortunately, have been grasped only one pic.

Last Edited by Tramp on 02/23/2012 02:29 PM
Tramp
Tramp  (OP)

Turkey
02/23/2012 02:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
hf Don't worry, do your work in your best!

hf
Tramp
Tramp  (OP)

Turkey
02/24/2012 02:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
RSOE's updates for Katla

"Volcanologists warn that if Katla does erupt, the combination of the magma and the large ice sheet covering the volcano could lead to explosive activity and an ash plume for weeks, if not months. "
[link to hisz.rsoe.hu]

"There seems to be forming of minor earthquake clusters in Katla volcano caldera. But this has been following growing number earthquakes in Katla volcano caldera during past few weeks. This is most likely an signal of increased activity in next few weeks to months. But the increase does not have to been slowly up. It can be sudden as did happen in July 2011 in Katla volcano caldera when earthquake activity did increase suddenly and there was an small eruption without an warning. "
[link to hisz.rsoe.hu]
Tramp
Tramp  (OP)

Turkey
02/25/2012 12:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
Last diagnosis by Volcanocafe is Eyjafjallajokli
( Thread: World Volcano Activity UPDATE !!! MARAPI AGAIN!!! KATLA AGAIN!!! SWARM STARTING IN ICELAND DORMANT VOLCANO Bláfjoll!!! (Page 13) )
Something not so similar, strongly I doubt
[link to en.vedur.is]
Tramp
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11415429
Russia
02/25/2012 06:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
It is a little aside from a theme, bur very funny
Involcans Presidente for Life, Nemesio Péréz, has discovered the Final Solution to the problem with Bob the Volcano. In a stroke of genius, he has discovered that you can use everything coming out of Bob in a Volcano Vaporizer to get magmatically stoned.
After the discovery he is believed to have said; “I see things in a new light, holy basalt dude!”
Nemesio discovered the Volcanic Vaporizer while attending a conference in an unknown dormitory at Harvard. He emediatly saw the possibility to solve all volcanic problems (and baldness) in the world with this final solution. Together with his teacher Zaphod Beeblebrox (above) he found that all samples taken from Bob was very vaporizable. In the testing all know samples from Bob was used up. It is believed that El Hierro will get an economic upswing from selling Bob material for vaporizing.

“I have found Bob to be very enjoyable. Rock on dude!” said the very happy volcanologist.

Ingeniously! It is possible to expect that eruption of Katla + Hekla at once will solve all problems of an euro area
5a
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
02/25/2012 06:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
i've been looking at the movement on Jon's recorders..

[link to www.simnet.is]

this chart, which is quiet..

[link to www.simnet.is]

is showing a maximum velocity of 1206.99nm

this is the katla chart..

[link to www.simnet.is]

which is showing a maximum velocity of 16.4807um

what's the difference between um and nm you're asking now?

[link to answers.yahoo.com]

so, 100 nm equals 0.1 um

which means the katla chart is moving 13.654 times more than the chart above it

fwiw
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1526079
Hong Kong
02/25/2012 06:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
It is a little aside from a theme, bur very funny
Involcans Presidente for Life, Nemesio Péréz, has discovered the Final Solution to the problem with Bob the Volcano. In a stroke of genius, he has discovered that you can use everything coming out of Bob in a Volcano Vaporizer to get magmatically stoned.
After the discovery he is believed to have said; “I see things in a new light, holy basalt dude!”
Nemesio discovered the Volcanic Vaporizer while attending a conference in an unknown dormitory at Harvard. He emediatly saw the possibility to solve all volcanic problems (and baldness) in the world with this final solution. Together with his teacher Zaphod Beeblebrox (above) he found that all samples taken from Bob was very vaporizable. In the testing all know samples from Bob was used up. It is believed that El Hierro will get an economic upswing from selling Bob material for vaporizing.

“I have found Bob to be very enjoyable. Rock on dude!” said the very happy volcanologist.

Ingeniously! It is possible to expect that eruption of Katla + Hekla at once will solve all problems of an euro area
5a
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11415429

absolutely agree with the comment there

CARL

P.S. Volcan Café is against all forms of volcano imbibing, it is bad for health, may cause excessive weight-problems, harmonic tremoring and loss of GPS-data. D.S.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11415429
Russia
02/25/2012 07:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
i've been looking at the movement on Jon's recorders..

[link to www.simnet.is]

this chart, which is quiet..

[link to www.simnet.is]

is showing a maximum velocity of 1206.99nm

this is the katla chart..

[link to www.simnet.is]

which is showing a maximum velocity of 16.4807um

what's the difference between um and nm you're asking now?

[link to answers.yahoo.com]

so, 100 nm equals 0.1 um

which means the katla chart is moving 13.654 times more than the chart above it

fwiw

Seems like very reasonable account and result disturbhiding
Tramp  (OP)

Turkey
02/25/2012 05:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
The following candidate - Godabunga

[link to hraun.vedur.is]

[link to hraun.vedur.is]

Suspicions about it were in October of last year

" Carl le Strange says:
September 8, 2011 at 12:04
It is believed that is how most volcanos start their career, and that they later on evolve into the magma-reservoired things we normally think of as volcnos.
Godabunga is a volcano about to happen, not a bulge like Mt St Helens.

Godabunga is believed by Sturkell to be a part of Eyjafjallajökull, but the evidence he gave seemed surprisingly light for being from him.
Quake/time-patterning is wildly different then from either Eyja or Katla. And there are a few other things that make me doubtfull.
Let us say that it can equally well be related to either Eyja or Katla, but it is probably even more likely that is a process of its own at work there. Or, as I have theorized before, that Godabunga and Fimmvörduhals is the same, and that the Eyjafjallajökull eruption was a case of eruption triggered by the first Fimmvörduhals eruption. This is out of the isotopic difference between Fimmvörduhals and Eyjafjallajökull.
Point though is that nobody knows for shure untill Godabunga erupts"
[link to www.jonfr.com]
Tramp
soulsurvivor

User ID: 11383481
United States
02/25/2012 06:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
Someone please humor me and check this out. I need to know if you're seeing what I think I'm seeing.

[link to www.ruv.is]

Never mind. I see from another webcam that the lens reflections are at play here.

[link to live.mila.is]

Last Edited by soulsurvivor on 02/25/2012 06:49 PM
Tramp  (OP)

Turkey
02/26/2012 04:12 AM
Report Abusive Post
Someone please humor me and check this out. I need to know if you're seeing what I think I'm seeing.

[link to www.ruv.is]

Never mind. I see from another webcam that the lens reflections are at play here.

[link to live.mila.is]
 Quoting: soulsurvivor

Hmm. The first link is Hekla cam. The second is Reykjavíkurtjon, at it really seems somthing like lense near center. I don't see something more.
Tramp
soulsurvivor

User ID: 11383481
United States
02/26/2012 07:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
Pardon an old woman and her eyes. I posted the 2nd webcam view to show the rainbow effect of the lighting after dark.. . which is what I saw on the Hekla webcam after dark but couldn't associate it with any other lights out there in the wilderness that would be causing the lights that were showing on Hekla's webcam after dark.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9861311
Russia
02/26/2012 10:42 AM
Report Abusive Post

Eyjaf smoking , really so?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9861311
Russia
02/26/2012 10:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
Sure ! Hekla seems calm
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 140306
Canada
02/26/2012 12:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
Nothing now, possible short episode was seen

GLP