Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,672 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 169,363
Pageviews Today: 282,454Threads Today: 91Posts Today: 1,656
03:41 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

The monsters wakes up ! Katla Hekla Iceland Dead Zone and rift as uniform system ! A lot of others worldwide !

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11893734
United Kingdom
03/04/2012 02:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: The monsters wakes up ! Katla Hekla Iceland Dead Zone and rift as uniform system ! A lot of others worldwide !
[link to www.iasmith.com]

that Scottish seismic chart the other night was showing a clear harmonic tremor too.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11890273
United States
03/04/2012 03:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: The monsters wakes up ! Katla Hekla Iceland Dead Zone and rift as uniform system ! A lot of others worldwide !
bump
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
03/04/2012 03:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
i have a feeling we're in the beginning stages of katla's eruption.

[link to hraun.vedur.is]

the blue spikes you see on that chart are harmonics, and they are escalating, I believe.

I put an image together to show you what I mean..

[link to i43.tinypic.com]

the black vertical lines are showing the peaks and troughs of the 0.5 to 1 hertz signal.

notice the surprisingly calm, downward signal on the blue and green lines this past 2 days?

why I think this may be the start of the eruption phase is i saved ANOTHER pic of this link back on february 28, because I noticed a steady rise in the tremor..

[link to i40.tinypic.com]

notice the start date on BOTH images? they're keeping 15th of February as a start date. do THEY think it's started?

whatever. let's keep an eye on this.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11709498
Germany
03/04/2012 03:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
yeah, i see it.

maybe huge magmatic dike intrusions deep underground?

i had a dream last year about running away from a huge volcanic eruption, right here in south wales, and wrote it off as impossible. maybe not?

funnily my 12 year old daughter had the exact same dream the following night, and I hadn't said anything to her about my dream. all the details she told me matched my dream exactly.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11893734

Who knows... But I understand that this awful vision.
Germany also has own monster , Laacher lake. I think, really worldwide real possibility unexpectedly to find near by sleeping monster, that's why we here and watch
Anonymous Coward
Germany
03/04/2012 03:59 PM
Report Abusive Post

that Scottish seismic chart the other night was showing a clear harmonic tremor too.

Are you sure that this is real harmonic tremor?
At least, doesn't look strong.
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
03/04/2012 04:00 PM
Report Abusive Post

Are you sure that this is real harmonic tremor?
At least, doesn't look strong.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11709498

i didn't save it. I normally do. another do that is the live chart.
Anonymous Coward
Germany
03/04/2012 04:05 PM
Report Abusive Post

[link to hraun.vedur.is]

the blue spikes you see on that chart are harmonics, and they are escalating, I believe.

the black vertical lines are showing the peaks and troughs of the 0.5 to 1 hertz signal.

notice the surprisingly calm, downward signal on the blue and green lines this past 2 days?

why I think this may be the start of the eruption phase is i saved ANOTHER pic of this link back on february 28, because I noticed a steady rise in the tremor..

notice the start date on BOTH images? they're keeping 15th of February as a start date. do THEY think it's started?

Thank you for explanation and graphs! Looks convincingly. It is interesting, whether will write something Jon in the near future about it.
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
03/04/2012 04:16 PM
Report Abusive Post

[link to hraun.vedur.is]

Thank you for explanation and graphs! Looks convincingly. It is interesting, whether will write something Jon in the near future about it.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11709498

[link to hraun.vedur.is]

the red and green tremor lines are starting to rise again. be interesting to see if the blue line shoots up again and we have another HT pulse.
Tramp  (OP)

User ID: 1526079
Hong Kong
03/04/2012 04:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks all who has supported actual and very interesting news and conclusions hf

Firstly news.

Etna still looking in active eruption stage

IMAGE ( [link to i40.tinypic.com] )

[link to www.radiostudio7.it]

Information, amazing pictures and video from
[link to www.volcanodiscovery.com]
for Hawaii
Lava reaches plain, Jack's Lava House burns down

On a sad note, Jack's Lava House finally burned down last night as a result of the much broader and more active western lava flow branch.
Three helicopters evacuated the house around 6pm, as documented by Leigh Hilbert who was with him (see link to his photos below). Jack's house was one of the first threatened by lava flows fed from Pu`u `O`o's high fountains in 1983 -- in fact those first big `a`a flows seem to have acted as a diversion barrier for the last 29 years, pushing subsequent flows to either side and preserving Jack's "kipuka" (island of trees in the lava field), that us until last night. His was the last house in Royal Gardens, which can now be said to be completely destroyed. Our thoughts are with Jack today, a day which he knew would eventually come.
[link to hawaiianlavadaily.blogspot.com]
Royal Gardens subdivision is no more, it ended existing last night, but will live on in legend for many more years - as will its last and longest residing resident, Jack Thompson
[link to 4.bp.blogspot.com]
[link to 3.bp.blogspot.com]
Tramp
Tramp  (OP)

Hong Kong
03/04/2012 04:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
Iceland

IMO, rift entirely moved, and a question only in one: which of volcanoes before all shortly starts. IMO, event thus should be considerable, much more powerfully last year's Grimsvotn. Also it will be a question not about "an overflowing of magma from chamber in chamber" (first comments by volcanocafe) , and about something much more considerable, and not one event.
Do agree or no , my friend ?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1526079

GeoLurking says:
March 4, 2012 at 07:33
Ref: GeoLurking [Your comment is awaiting moderation. March 4, 2012 at 07:25]

The papers seem to point towards a phenomena where one quake can set off other quakes along the different zones. They also indicate that the large quakes tend to occur on the shorter faults. (which is pretty weird)

It also explains why IMO was up in a furor when they had the largish quake the other day. There is a potential to have follow events.

Why this is, I think is because of the massive stress loads that Icelandic fault systems have just form being the border of two massive plates… North American and Eurasian. They have a tendency to chain rupture or to have an “unzipping” effect.
[link to volcanocafe.wordpress.com]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11879919

I can quote only in addition that was written here much earlier
In the meantime we will remember that as it is known near Iceland there is a border of two lithospheric plates - Euroasian and North American, and that it is a "paper clip" as though connecting them.
Thus near to Iceland there is Greenland , and all of us know about catastrophic melting of the Greenland glaciers, that is about strong reduction of its weight pressing on edge of a North American plate. With reduction of this pressure loading of a North American plate aspiring upwards on the "paper clip" middle accordingly strongly increases. Let's look at a chart with borders of tectonic plates and a chart with a chain of volcanoes and fissures (coinciding with them)
[link to static.businessinsider.com]
Let's look then at a chart coinciding with them recent both flowing quakes and a tremor (microseism)

and let attentively observe of the further succession of events.
 Quoting: Tramp

Tramp
Tramp  (OP)

Hong Kong
03/04/2012 05:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to hraun.vedur.is]

the red and green tremor lines are starting to rise again. be interesting to see if the blue line shoots up again and we have another HT pulse.

Attracts attention also that since March, second absolutely identical trend of a course of all schedules in different points round Katly is observed is identical

[link to hraun.vedur.is]

[link to hraun.vedur.is]

[link to hraun.vedur.is]

[link to hraun.vedur.is]

[link to hraun.vedur.is]
Tramp
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
03/04/2012 06:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
i've spotted something on that tremor chart..

that's definitely one to keep an eye on
alexisj9

User ID: 1376880
United Kingdom
03/04/2012 06:22 PM
Report Abusive Post

Agreed.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11700832
United Kingdom
03/04/2012 06:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
Its from Nibirou this year!!!
alexisj9

United Kingdom
03/04/2012 06:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
Grrrrrrr. You are so annoying sorry, but do we really need that planet in every thread.
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
03/04/2012 06:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.simnet.is]

couple of big signals, if you look closely in the last hour.

you can make out a huge signal at around 22:52, and a smaller one at either 23:02 or 22:02
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11890273
United States
03/04/2012 07:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11955285
Russia
03/05/2012 09:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
After dramatic falling (than it has been caused? the new fissure has opened?) again very fast growth of Hekla srtain
[link to hraun.vedur.is]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11893871

Hekla.Again strain fall and some change in tremor
[link to hraun.vedur.is]
[link to hraun.vedur.is]
Windy.
Wubbo Ockels

User ID: 1101455
Netherlands
03/05/2012 10:18 AM
Report Abusive Post

the latest prolonged dip makes me think of taking a very deep breath
R.I.P. for the real Wubbo Ockels. He was a true icon of my country, and a great front-fighter for sustainable energie/technology and humanism.

"Yes, we have hurdles, we have distractions, we have disasters, personally and world-wide, and we do have to work it all out ourselves. BUT, there is a most amazing experience awaiting us on the other end of the finish-line.
The idea being, once we can handle it all down here, then we can live and explore eternally, responsibly, because we know what not to do, and not be resentful about being responsible, so we don't start a polarity domino effect in the other realms of existence."

"The Fraction" of Life can be increased in value not so much by increasing your Numerator as by lessening your Denominator. Nay, unless my Algebra deceive me, Unity itself divided by Zero will give Infinity."

Thread: LADIES & GENTLEMEN: I PRESENT to YOU OUR NEW SUN !!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11966683
United Kingdom
03/05/2012 11:44 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Wubbo Ockels

yeah, that was exactly my thought too.

[link to hraun.vedur.is]

notice that exact same signal again, and another spike immediately following it, just getting going now, but at a much lower level.
Anonymous Coward
Germany
03/05/2012 11:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
New wave along chain of volcanos
[link to en.vedur.is]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11966683
United Kingdom
03/05/2012 11:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
After dramatic falling (than it has been caused? the new fissure has opened?) again very fast growth of Hekla srtain
[link to hraun.vedur.is]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11893871

Hekla.Again strain fall and some change in tremor
[link to hraun.vedur.is]
[link to hraun.vedur.is]
Windy.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11955285

we need to be careful about writing heavy signals off as wind.

notice now, it IS very windy..

[link to en.vedur.is]

..YET the Katla signal today is a LOT 'weaker' than it was yesterday, when it was very calm there?

[link to www.simnet.is]
Wubbo Ockels

User ID: 1101455
Netherlands
03/05/2012 11:54 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Wubbo Ockels

yeah, that was exactly my thought too.

[link to hraun.vedur.is]

notice that exact same signal again, and another spike immediately following it, just getting going now, but at a much lower level.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11966683

yes looks like that precursor signal again! plus we have 2 plasma clouds about to enter earths magnetosphere also. This could get very interesting...

Last Edited by Wubbo Ockels on 03/05/2012 11:56 AM
R.I.P. for the real Wubbo Ockels. He was a true icon of my country, and a great front-fighter for sustainable energie/technology and humanism.

"Yes, we have hurdles, we have distractions, we have disasters, personally and world-wide, and we do have to work it all out ourselves. BUT, there is a most amazing experience awaiting us on the other end of the finish-line.
The idea being, once we can handle it all down here, then we can live and explore eternally, responsibly, because we know what not to do, and not be resentful about being responsible, so we don't start a polarity domino effect in the other realms of existence."

"The Fraction" of Life can be increased in value not so much by increasing your Numerator as by lessening your Denominator. Nay, unless my Algebra deceive me, Unity itself divided by Zero will give Infinity."

Thread: LADIES & GENTLEMEN: I PRESENT to YOU OUR NEW SUN !!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11955285
Russia
03/05/2012 01:05 PM
Report Abusive Post

[link to en.vedur.is]

..YET the Katla signal today is a LOT 'weaker' than it was yesterday, when it was very calm there?

[link to www.simnet.is]

Agreed, it's reasonable.

VOLCANO: BEZYMIANNY (1000-25)
Current AVIATION COLOR CODE: RED
Volcanic Activity Summary: Activity of the volcano continuously increases. Seismic activity began to grow on February 12 and increases till now: about 7-19 weak seismic events were registering each day till February 29; about 25-40 weak seismic events and episodes volcanic tremor were recorded each day on March 01-05. Probably an extrude of lava blocks at the top of the dome occur, that prepares a strong explosive eruption of the volcano. According to satellite data, a size and a brightness of a thermal anomaly abrupt increased on March 02. Density clouds obscured the volcano on March 02-05.
[link to www.kscnet.ru]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12011484
Russia
03/06/2012 06:58 AM
Report Abusive Post

[link to en.vedur.is]

[link to www.simnet.is]

Agreed, it's reasonable.

Volcanic Activity Summary: Activity of the volcano continuously increases. Seismic activity began to grow on February 12 and increases till now: about 7-19 weak seismic events were registering each day till February 29; about 25-40 weak seismic events and episodes volcanic tremor were recorded each day on March 01-05. Probably an extrude of lava blocks at the top of the dome occur, that prepares a strong explosive eruption of the volcano. According to satellite data, a size and a brightness of a thermal anomaly abrupt increased on March 02. Density clouds obscured the volcano on March 02-05.
[link to www.kscnet.ru]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11955285

[link to hisz.rsoe.hu]
In Kamchatka, in the Russian Far East, the Unnamed Volcano has been assigned the highest aviation danger code of "red." The ash and gases that are being spewed from the crater can seriously damage aircraft systems. The volcano is also showing high seismic activity and signs that it may possibly erupt. On average the Unnamed Volcano emits ash and gases 1-2 times a year. Previously the most powerful emissions were in 1956.

They are monitoring GLP, RSOE alert 3 hours later yesterday this 5a
Anonymous Coward
Russia
03/06/2012 07:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 12011484

[link to hisz.rsoe.hu]
In Kamchatka, in the Russian Far East, the Unnamed Volcano

Add :

Unnamed = translated from russian BEZYMIANNY
alexisj9

United Kingdom
03/06/2012 07:32 AM
Report Abusive Post

[link to hisz.rsoe.hu]

Add :

Huh, does that mean it's a new volcano?
Anonymous Coward
Russia
03/06/2012 07:37 AM
Report Abusive Post

[link to hisz.rsoe.hu]

Add :

Quoting: alexisj9

Huh, does that mean it's a new volcano?

NO, it's origin NAME of volcano
Anonymous Coward
Russia
03/06/2012 07:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
Good brief review of Santorini activity for February-March
To the relief of Santorini's inhabitants, seismic activity under the volcano and near the island, which had experienced swarms and increased levels in recent months, seems to continue to remain calm.
Update Sat 03 Mar 13:38
Santorini remains relatively quiet. No indications we know of point towards any activity to be expected in an immediate future, but we'll continue to watch this
Earthquake activity at and near Santorini between 5 Dec and 6 March 2012

And deep see of interesting links and observations about Santorini in special thread
Thread: Santorini (nea kameni volcano) unrest. Water tempature in caldera rising! Magma spot also detected 4km depth. (Page 4)
Anonymous Coward
Germany
03/06/2012 10:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
News from Islanders published at
[link to volcanocafe.wordpress.com]
Carlos B. says:
March 6, 2012 at 12:10
I sent an invitatión to Oscar who is a spanish geologyst working at Iceland for joining with us…
I think Oscar is not working yet in his discipline but it doesn´t mind…
If Oscar joint us I am sure he shall find a comfortable place to stay with many Icelanders here.

We are talking about the movements at Iceland the last week.
This is what Óscar telling me:

“The night we had a few earthquakes low-medium magnitude in different parts of Iceland. The first thing to tell you that all of them were located in areas where the dorsal meso-Atlantic … that is where you separate the American and European plate. There were 3 that in Reykjanes peninsula predujeron, about 20 km from Reykjavik (remember that the opening of the dorsar is just 20 km from reykajvik) and as a curiosity to tell which stood next to a ski resort. Just about 10 km, in the opening direction (direction NE) is a leading geothermal station for a while getting water on earth, and that is producing earthquakes because the crack is opening and put water on earth is swells are very low magnitude earthquakes, and last less than a second, but a people called Hvragerði I can (well known for its river of hot water, where you can swim safely) have quedajo a little, because good 2×3′s annoying that every move you up the house.

Then another series of earthquakes was on the north, were at sea, and on that area, more of the same, is where is located the ridge, and has also been at sea, so no one felt it.

Just let you know about terromotos southern Iceland, there are a few home with some damage, but from what I have understood are very old houses (here all buildings must be built following a seismic-resistant standards)

for anything, feel free to write again.”

GLP