Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,936 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 41,786
Pageviews Today: 78,026Threads Today: 35Posts Today: 552
12:43 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

The monsters wakes up ! Katla Hekla Iceland Dead Zone and rift as uniform system ! A lot of others worldwide !

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26226777
United Kingdom
10/27/2012 04:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: The monsters wakes up ! Katla Hekla Iceland Dead Zone and rift as uniform system ! A lot of others worldwide !
katla looking a-mazing tonight

[link to www.ruv.is]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26412072
Russia
10/27/2012 04:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: The monsters wakes up ! Katla Hekla Iceland Dead Zone and rift as uniform system ! A lot of others worldwide !
Etna looks very strange
[link to www.ct.ingv.it]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26324234

[link to www.guide-etna.com]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 9639644

and
[link to www.ct.ingv.it]

Significant swarm stiil continues
[link to www.ct.ingv.it]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 9861311

Ooops, surprise
[link to www.ct.ingv.it]
Anonymous Coward
Russia
10/27/2012 04:25 PM
Report Abusive Post

and
[link to www.ct.ingv.it]

[link to www.ct.ingv.it]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 9861311

Ooops, surprise
[link to www.ct.ingv.it]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26412072

add: tremor down
[link to www.ct.ingv.it]
but seismic increased
[link to www.ct.ingv.it]
Anonymous Coward
Russia
10/27/2012 05:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
Magnitude mb 4.6
Region WESTERN GREENLAND
Date time 2012-10-25 11:20:00.0 UTC
Location 61.00 N ; 44.38 W
Depth 30 km
map
[link to www.emsc-csem.org]
scared
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26261700

It's near Narsarsuaq, Greenland
[link to upload.wikimedia.org]
where yesterday was 18 degrees above normal temperature
[link to 193.7.160.230]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26261700

[link to eoimages.gsfc.nasa.gov]
...With less thick ice there is less Arctic sea ice volume, something the researchers at the Polar Science Center at the University of Washington have modeled from 1979 to 2012. Their results appear in the graph above. The model indicates that ice volume peaks in March through May of each year and reaches its lowest levels from August through October. But while the seasonal timing of the peaks and valleys has remained consistent since 1979, the total sea ice volume has declined.

The thick blue line is the 1979–2000 average, and the lighter blue bands surrounding it are one and two standard deviations from the median. The lines below the blue line are the calculated sea ice volumes for the years since 2000. All of them fall below the median, and almost all of them fall below two standard deviations.

The drop in sea ice volume is consistent with other observed changes in Arctic sea ice. In terms of sea ice extent, the National Snow and Ice Data Center and NASA reported that Arctic sea ice set a record low in September 2012.
from
[link to earthobservatory.nasa.gov]
Anonymous Coward
Russia
10/27/2012 05:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: use-credentials Coward 9639644

and
[link to www.ct.ingv.it]
 Quoting: use-credentials Coward 9639644

[link to www.ct.ingv.it]

Katla:
[link to en.vedur.is]
Date Time Latitude Longitude Depth Magnitude Quality Location
Saturday
27.10.2012 10:39:32 63.720 -19.207 13.2 km 2.2 48.63 9.1 km NNE of Goðabunga
 Quoting: use-credentials Coward 9861311

bad weather in southern iceland now
[link to oiswww.eumetsat.org]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 20524348

Norway fjords yesterday: wind 34-36 meter per second
[link to 193.7.160.230]

Mould Bay, Canada yesterday: temperature 24 degrees C above normal
[link to 193.7.160.230]
Anonymous Coward
Russia
10/27/2012 05:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
Recent Kilauea Status Reports, Updates, and Information Releases
HAWAIIAN VOLCANO OBSERVATORY DAILY UPDATE
Saturday, October 27, 2012 8:03 AM HST (Saturday, October 27, 2012 18:03 UTC)
...A series of 3 rim collapses occurred between 8 and 9 am yesterday morning followed by the start of a strong DI deflation about 11 am and the drop of the lava lake level about 2 pm yesterday afternoon. The most recent (preliminary) sulfur dioxide emission rate measurement was 700 tonnes/day on October 22, 2012; measurements will resume with the return of moderate trade winds. Although not measured today, a small amount of ash-sized tephra (mostly fresh spatter bits and Pele's hair, but also bits of the vent wall) was probably carried out of the vent in the gas plume and deposited on nearby surfaces. Cracking noises, sometimes audible from the Jaggar overlook and caused by rocks of the vent wall fracturing from the heat, emanate sporadically from the vent.
The GPS network recorded extension across the summit caldera at the rate of about 1 cm/wk since the beginning of October. Seismic tremor levels remained generally low. Twenty-three earthquakes were strong enough to be located beneath Kilauea: 1 beneath the lower southwest rift zone, 1 south and 2 northeast of the summit caldera, 12 within the upper east rift zone (clustered beneath Koko`olau Crater), and 7 on south flank faults.
Anonymous Coward
Russia
10/27/2012 05:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
...A series of 3 rim collapses occurred between 8 and 9 am yesterday morning followed by the start of a strong DI deflation about 11 am and the drop of the lava lake level about 2 pm yesterday afternoon. The most recent (preliminary) sulfur dioxide emission rate measurement was 700 tonnes/day on October 22, 2012; measurements will resume with the return of moderate trade winds. Although not measured today, a small amount of ash-sized tephra (mostly fresh spatter bits and Pele's hair, but also bits of the vent wall) was probably carried out of the vent in the gas plume and deposited on nearby surfaces. Cracking noises, sometimes audible from the Jaggar overlook and caused by rocks of the vent wall fracturing from the heat, emanate sporadically from the vent.
The GPS network recorded extension across the summit caldera at the rate of about 1 cm/wk since the beginning of October. Seismic tremor levels remained generally low. Twenty-three earthquakes were strong enough to be located beneath Kilauea: 1 beneath the lower southwest rift zone, 1 south and 2 northeast of the summit caldera, 12 within the upper east rift zone (clustered beneath Koko`olau Crater), and 7 on south flank faults.

[link to www.wired.com]

Steve_Tierney Today 01:17 PM
Now we have inflation again at kilauea, we close to something i can sense it

MikeLyvers 10 minutes ago
The last time there was such inflation a fissure opened near Puu Oo. But this time maybe the inflation pressure will just push the lava lake out of its hole in Halemaumau so Pele can show the world her beauty once again like in the old days.
Anonymous Coward
Russia
10/27/2012 05:35 PM
Report Abusive Post

link to pic***

i'm telling you, my stomach jumped into my throat when I saw that. that was fucking amazing. when it first appeared it was at least twice as big as that, heading down towards the caldera
 Quoting: use-credentials Coward 13132426

this has not yet seen! is that aliens landed to put out Katla ? LoL
 Quoting: use-credentials Coward 1531941

link to pic***

Fantastic online find! It definitely does not look like a meteor - did not see the glow of the tail and rear track
 Quoting: use-credentials Coward 13494178

It was observed at March,29th, at Katla cam, you can find link to captured from cam pic here
Thread: The monsters wakes up ! Katla Hekla Iceland Dead Zone and rift as uniform system ! A lot of others worldwide ! (Page 19)
in message by AC 13132426 United Kingdom 03/29/2012 06:34 PM.

Now the same object landed to Popo crater, same shape with about the same speed , look thread
"Strange object enters Popocatepetl captured by Mexican TV"
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 20524348

[link to www.cenapred.unam.mx]
...October 27 11:00 h (October 27, 16:00 GMT)

In the last 24 hours, the monitoring system of Popocatepetl recorded 449 exhalations of low to moderate intensity, accompanied by steam, gas and some amounts of ash. (image 1), (image 2), (image 3), (image 4), (image 5) (image 6).
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14156363
Russia
10/28/2012 02:41 PM
Report Abusive Post

[link to www.wired.com]

Steve_Tierney Today 01:17 PM
Now we have inflation again at kilauea, we close to something i can sense it

MikeLyvers 10 minutes ago
The last time there was such inflation a fissure opened near Puu Oo. But this time maybe the inflation pressure will just push the lava lake out of its hole in Halemaumau so Pele can show the world her beauty once again like in the old days.

[link to hvo.wr.usgs.gov]
KILAUEA VOLCANO ...Back-to-back DI events have halted the slow upward rise of the lava lake. DI inflation started around 5 am yesterday and was followed by a second DI deflation at midnight last night. Changes in the lava lake level due to the DI events were masked by the continuing rise/fall events. The inner ledge continued to be submerged during the rise part of rise/fall events and it showed evidence of slumping at least its shallowest layers into the lava lake yesterday changing the shape of the ledge edge...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14156363
Russia
10/28/2012 05:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
Saku now with big ash plume
[link to camera19.city.tarumizu.kagoshima.jp]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1534695
United States
10/28/2012 05:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 14156363

now looks very seriously, at other cam too
[link to webcam-svo2.pr.kyoto-u.ac.jp]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26524089
Russia
10/29/2012 04:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to hisz.rsoe.hu]

Volcano Activity in Costa Rica on Monday, 29 October, 2012 at 20:18 (08:18 PM) UTC.

The Poas Volcano early Sunday awoke residents of the province of Alajuela with a strong rumble. At about 1 a.m., the volcano’s crater ejected mud and ash more than 500 meters into the air. Ashes traveled hundreds of meters around the national park, rangers reported. Although the volcano is frequently active, this kind of strong explosion has not been recorded since 2006
Éireann

User ID: 26421148
United States
10/29/2012 09:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
Can someone with technical expertise/knowledge explain to me what is happening at this cam right now?

[link to www.ruv.is]

At first glance, the interference looks like heat waves. I've checked and there isn't any event going on atm. So what else can cause this type of optical effect ?
Eireann~

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. - Galatians 2:20
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26629401
United Kingdom
10/30/2012 07:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
uh oh

[link to en.vedur.is]

look at the graph of the quakes down below. all of a sudden NOTHING!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26621856
Russia
10/30/2012 08:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
Can someone with technical expertise/knowledge explain to me what is happening at this cam right now?

[link to www.ruv.is]

At first glance, the interference looks like heat waves. I've checked and there isn't any event going on atm. So what else can cause this type of optical effect ?
 Quoting: Éireann

Sorry that I'm not a technical expertabduct
But I know that these are optical effects with absence of any significant atm events. They often occur such as in the morning or evening hours due to very local vertical air movements when heating or cooling. Of course, can not be excluded heat caused by geothermal heating , and it is very likely especially around Katla.
Anonymous Coward
Russia
10/30/2012 08:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to hisz.rsoe.hu]

Volcano Activity in Costa Rica on Monday, 29 October, 2012 at 20:18 (08:18 PM) UTC.

The Poas Volcano early Sunday awoke residents of the province of Alajuela with a strong rumble. At about 1 a.m., the volcano’s crater ejected mud and ash more than 500 meters into the air. Ashes traveled hundreds of meters around the national park, rangers reported. Although the volcano is frequently active, this kind of strong explosion has not been recorded since 2006
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26524089

[link to www.ticotimes.net]

At about 1 a.m., the volcano’s crater ejected mud and ash more than 500 meters into the air. Ashes traveled hundreds of meters around the national park, rangers reported.
[link to www.ticotimes.net]
Anonymous Coward
Russia
10/30/2012 08:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.telegraph.co.uk]
Lake Geneva 'may face tsunami risk'
A million people living on the shores of Lake Geneva could be at risk from devastating tsunamis, scientists have warned.
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
10/30/2012 09:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to makeagif.com]

gif of the pics i've saved last year compared to this. i've matched up points in the foreground on both images. not sure what to make of it. it LOOKS like the whole left hand side of the scene has lifted up, and the right hand side has dropped slightly, but I think they distort the image from time to time, so i can't say for sure
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20524348
United States
10/30/2012 09:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: use-credentials Coward 14156363

now looks very seriously, at other cam too
[link to webcam-svo2.pr.kyoto-u.ac.jp]
 Quoting: use-credentials Coward 1534695

today explosive eruption

Anonymous Coward
Russia
10/30/2012 09:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to makeagif.com]

gif of the pics i've saved last year compared to this. i've matched up points in the foreground on both images. not sure what to make of it. it LOOKS like the whole left hand side of the scene has lifted up, and the right hand side has dropped slightly, but I think they distort the image from time to time, so i can't say for sure
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26629401

Really hard to say anything definite
Anonymous Coward
Russia
10/30/2012 11:12 AM
Report Abusive Post
Car with a lot antenas in cam nowIdol1
[link to www.ruv.is]
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
10/30/2012 07:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.simnet.is]

katla seismo gone black all of a sudden

[link to www.ruv.is]

fine moonlit night there
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26697922
Russia
10/31/2012 06:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.simnet.is]

katla seismo gone black all of a sudden

[link to www.ruv.is]

fine moonlit night there

Storm expected near Katla now
[link to en.vedur.is]
and
Earthquake table
Date Time Latitude Longitude Depth Magnitude Quality Location
Wednesday
31.10.2012 07:40:35 63.630 -19.179 0.0 km 1.5 99.0 3.7 km ESE of Godabunga
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
10/31/2012 06:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
temperatures recorded close to katla yesterday to today..

1500 - 1C
1800 - 0C
2100 - 0C
0000 - -1C
0300 - 0C
0600 - 1C
0900 - 1C

[link to en.vedur.is]

katla images 1500 to just now..

[link to makeagif.com]

anyone else seeing a problem here?
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
10/31/2012 06:50 AM
Report Abusive Post

1500 - 1C
1800 - 0C
2100 - 0C
0000 - -1C
0300 - 0C
0600 - 1C
0900 - 1C

[link to en.vedur.is]

katla images 1500 yesterday to just now..

[link to makeagif.com]

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26697922
Russia
10/31/2012 07:43 AM
Report Abusive Post

1500 - 1C
1800 - 0C
2100 - 0C
0000 - -1C
0300 - 0C
0600 - 1C
0900 - 1C

[link to en.vedur.is]

[link to makeagif.com]

Not sure, specify what you mean.

Interesting pic
shows Hekla cam now
[link to live.mila.is]
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
10/31/2012 11:32 AM
Report Abusive Post

1500 - 1C
1800 - 0C
2100 - 0C
0000 - -1C
0300 - 0C
0600 - 1C
0900 - 1C

[link to en.vedur.is]

[link to makeagif.com]

Not sure, specify what you mean.

Interesting pic
shows Hekla cam now
[link to live.mila.is]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26697922

thick snow layer, temps close to zero, yet it's virtually all gone?

heat from below?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20460272
United States
10/31/2012 04:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
volcanos heat ?hiding2
strange car in cam, they're awaiting something? hiding2
[link to www.ruv.is]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20460272
United States
10/31/2012 04:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
California also not calm

Mammoth Mountain (California, USA): strong seismic swarm and deformation recorded

Such deep low-frequency events occur in the middle to lower crust and are believed to be caused by the transit of magma or magmatic fluids upward beneath volcanoes. Such episodes at Mammoth may be followed (within days to weeks) by shallow
earthquake swarms.
[link to www.volcanodiscovery.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26729929
United Kingdom
10/31/2012 04:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
volcanos heat ?hiding2
strange car in cam, they're awaiting something? hiding2
[link to www.ruv.is]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 20460272

there is no way that area in that pic should be melting snow as fast as that

a little bit of logical thinking now, eh? temps have been close to zero, on the coast, behind that camera, all day, yet all that snow melted, despite the wind blowing directly off the freezing cold glacier towards the cam?

something is cooking! stirsfan

GLP