Whitney Houston's Funeral

DaKine

User ID: 1528091
United States
02/18/2012 03:28 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Whitney Houston's Funeral
It's like the world is in one church right now, you gotta admit though.

angel4
 Quoting: Kamon

I love it.

:kittybuddi:
 Quoting: V-Honey

I'm gonna surprise myself by saying......."me too!"
christian
Suited up and Armored in Christ!

User ID: 6038128
United States
02/18/2012 03:29 PM

Report Abusive Post
Preach it brother!

JESUS IS LORD!

Listen to him!
Susie

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.....Matthew 6:21
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: Ecclesiastes 3:1
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1201807
United States
02/18/2012 03:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
This pastor is good...Long service but Good. He is right on .
Praescientia

User ID: 10976438
United States
02/18/2012 03:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
Satan provided the vices and corrupted her through her gift, and would not allow her to escape... Alive.

She isn't alone.. Many great talents have met the same fate, some younger and some older.

In the end, Whitney won... She has taken the whole world to church, to worship whether they wanted to or not.

Impressive irony.

Tragically beautiful, no matter what you believe.
THE HOLY SPIRIT
User ID: 1666498
United States
02/18/2012 03:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
Praescientia

User ID: 10976438
United States
02/18/2012 03:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
Satan provided the vices and corrupted her through her gift, and would not allow her to escape... Alive.

She isn't alone.. Many great talents have met the same fate, some younger and some older.

In the end, Whitney won... She has taken the whole world to church, to worship whether they wanted to or not.

Impressive irony.

Tragically beautiful, no matter what you believe.

AMEN
krikin

User ID: 1520519
United States
02/18/2012 03:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
The world heard the message of Jesus today!!! :)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8528119
United States
02/18/2012 03:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
So many people think it is Jesus they are celebrating....

They are NOT....

This is a facade. You must look beneath the cover.

It is the OPPOSITE of what you believe.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4494441
United States
02/18/2012 03:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
let her passing bring to focus what is truly important in this life. Love One Another.

Amen.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11027933
United States
02/18/2012 03:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
this is turning into the Winans show
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 3324945

that bit of self promotion was hard to listen to
christian

United States
02/18/2012 03:42 PM

Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: krikin

Amen and Amen!

Praise Jesus!!!

Glory be to GOD and Peace to his people on earth!
Susie

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: Ecclesiastes 3:1
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 3324945
United States
02/18/2012 03:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
i bet that casket cost a mint
Anonymous Coward
United States
Report Abusive Post
i bet that casket cost a mint
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 6966312
Bahamas
Report Abusive Post
say all you want about black people but one thing that sets us apart from the other races is that we can really and truly worship the Lord. the majority of white folks just got a first hand experience of what goes on in the black church and how we worship. i dont think no race can worship and praise the Lord like we can especially what weve been going through. there is something about black folk and God that connects us with him. we black folk really love us some church. CAN THE CONGREGATION SAY AAAAAAMEN!
Anonymous Coward
United States
02/18/2012 03:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
say all you want about black people but one thing that sets us apart from the other races is that we can really and truly worship the Lord. the majority of white folks just got a first hand experience of what goes on in the black church and how we worship. i dont think no race can worship and praise the Lord like we can especially what weve been going through. there is something about black folk and God that connects us with him. we black folk really love us some church. CAN THE CONGREGATION SAY AAAAAAMEN!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 6966312

true, but honestly, this doesn't make me want to run out and become a Christian at all. To each his own.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4494441
United States
02/18/2012 03:47 PM
Report Abusive Post

i'm white, and i agree.

blacks don't have that miserable repressive quality that other races (especially whites) often have.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8198967
United States
02/18/2012 03:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yeah, it was long and long winded but it's a memorial service. Have you ever been to one?

If this was Elvis no one would have a problem with the coverage.

My question is what do you need the damn cops marching up and down the aisles for.

It's also a shame that we lost her voice years ago.

Good bye Whitney.

peace
christian

United States
02/18/2012 03:48 PM

Report Abusive Post
Oh my heart wrenching to hear that song and see her mother behind the casket...

MAY GOD comfort her family....
Susie

Démodé

User ID: 6356517
Serbia
02/18/2012 03:49 PM
Report Abusive Post

Hey champ...

Grow up.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1201807
United States
02/18/2012 03:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
Well, that just made me cry
DaKine

User ID: 1528091
United States
02/18/2012 03:53 PM

Report Abusive Post

Quoting: christian

*gulp*hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 6966312
Bahamas
02/18/2012 03:55 PM
Report Abusive Post

Hey champ...

Grow up.
 Quoting: Démodé

GET THEE BEHIND ME, SATAN! (X3)
THE HOLY SPIRIT
United States
02/18/2012 03:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
WELL YOU HATERS AND RACIST CAN SAY ALL YOU WANT BUT WHITNEY MADE DOLLY PARTON A MILLIONAIRE AND COUNTLESS OTHER WHITE PEOPLE SO DID MICHAEL I LOVE DOLLY PARTON SHE HAS A SOUL UNLIKE OF YOU RACIST WHITNEY PUT LIFE IN HER SONG ONE PLANTS ONE WATERS BUT GOD GIVES THE INCREASE HOW FITTING THAT THE LAST SONG REPRESENT WHAT WHITNEY WAS ALL ABOUT LOVE
SHE TOLD US SHE'D ALWAYS LOVE US I'M DONE COMMENTING ON THIS SITE THANK YOU TRINITY AND MODERATORS FOR ALLOWING THE THREAD TO BE UP
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10980200
United States
02/18/2012 03:56 PM
Report Abusive Post

That song ,I will always love you ,was wrote by Dolly Parton ,and it was wrote to Porter Wagoner when she left the Porter Wagoner tv show
THE HOLY SPIRIT
United States
02/18/2012 03:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
FOR THE RECORD THERE ARE A LOT OF BLACK PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING GLP FOR YEARS WE MAY NOT ALWAYS COMMENT BUT REST ASSURED WE ARE HERE AND WE ARE LISTENING WE ARE CONSCIOUS AND IN TUNE TO THE TIMES AND WHEN IT'S NECESSARY WE WILL LET OUR VOICE BE HEARD AND MAKE OUR PRESSENCE KNOWN
pama

User ID: 11033132
United States
02/18/2012 03:59 PM

Report Abusive Post
No matter how Whitney lived her life in the end millions of people received the message about the grace of God and Jesus Christ! What a wonderful legacy. God is great and Jesus loves us all! This was a wonderful service and tribute to someones daughter, mother, and sister. Please be respectful!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 794598
United States
02/18/2012 04:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
Checking other news agencies, nothing major newswise to report but will keep digging. It's got to be something we would think is insignificant that is the real story.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 6482891

Here you go

Italian Police Seize $6 TRILLION Of Fake US Treasury Bonds [link to www.azcentral.com]

[link to www.canadafreepress.com]
Scott Countryman

User ID: 1522661
Canada
02/18/2012 04:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE JUST GOT INTRODUCED TO JESUS ? SEE MOST OF YOU ARE CARNAL MINDED AND DO MIND THE THINGS OF THE FLESH THIS IS NOT A FUNERAL THIS IS A HOMEGOING A CELEBRATION AND A WORLDWIDE INVITATION TO THOSE WHO ARE LOST TO BE FOUND SEE WHAT THE DEVIL AND THE WICKED SOULESS ONES MEANT FOR BAD GOD WILL TURN IT AROUND FOR HIS GOOD SEE GOD IS IN CONTROL WHITNEY IS UP IN HEAVEN WITH THE ONE SHE LOVED THE MOST NOW HAVING SAID THAT ASK YOURSELVES HOW BLACK PEOPLE CAN ACHIEVE SO MUCH AFTER COMING OUT OF SLAVERY JUST OVER 200 YEARS AGO ? IT'S BECAUSE WE DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD WE KNOW GOD THERE IS A DIFFERENCE IN BELIEVING AND KNOWING WE KNOW WHAT GOD CAN DO AND WE KNOW THAT WE COME FROM HI AND SHALL RETURN TO HIM WE KNOW THAT THIS WORLD IS NOT OUR HOME AND OUR SOUL WILL BE FREE FROM THIS PRISON WHEN WE BLACK PEOPLE LEAVE THIS BODY WE KNOW WHERE WE WILL RETURN TO THIS IS WHAT MAKES US SO STRONG AND RESILIENT THIS IS WHY OTHERS HATE US, ENVY EMULATE US STEAL FROM THEY KNOW WHO AND WHAT WE ARE AND WHOSE WE ARE WE ARE IN GODS HANDS AND NO ONE CAN PLUCK US OUT SO YOU SEE WHETHER WE LIVE OR DIE WE WIN SO KILL US ALL WE STILL WIN WE GO BACK HOME TO THE SOURCE SEE BLACK PEOPLKE KNOW WHO WE ARE WE DON'T HAVE TO HATE OUR VICTORY IS ASSURED WE ARE IMMORTALS WE ARE MORE THAT FLESH AND BLOOD WE ARE SPIRITUAL BEINGS
 Quoting: THE HOLY SPIRIT 1666498

And typing that in all CAPS helped your cause how? Really annoying. No one will ever read your message typed like that. Smarten up.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 3445891
United States
02/18/2012 04:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
Well, this OLD WOMAN here couldn't keep a dry eye during this entire ceremony.

It was beautiful.

Poor Cissie, it tore at my heart watching her walk down the aisle behind the casket. I remember how I felt, walking behind my dad's........heartwrenching.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 941185
United States
02/18/2012 04:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: krikin

Amen and Amen!

Praise Jesus!!!

Glory be to GOD and Peace to his people on earth!

You need some education.

another do
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1550123
United States
02/18/2012 04:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
Anonymous Coward
United States
02/18/2012 02:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
does anyone know why there is a nurse walking around?

THE NURSE IS THERE TO CARE FOR THE FAMILY PROVIDE KLEENEX WATER OR ASSIST WITH ANY NEEDS THE FAMILY MAY HAVE DURING THE SERVICE
 Quoting: THE HOLY SPIRIT 1666498

This is something more common on the east coast; many funeral homes will keep a nurse on hand during services. Here in CA, the funeral director is expected to play that part, like he or she has enough to do, right?

Anyway, and this is gonna rub some the wrong way, funerals in the black community tend to get very emotional, people will tend to go over the top and then start falling down in a faint. Saw this happen many times.

This did not happen to me, but to a fellow director who worked a funeral for a large black family. One member of the group kept screaming and then would hit the deck in a faint. Ever the good director, he would rush over to help the lady up. Then he took to just standing nearby to get ready and play catcher. Big mistake as she was rather big and he was on the small side. Threw his back out bad.

Some months later, same family, different member gone. The fainter is there again. She stats winding up like an air raid siren and getting ready to hit the dirt. My friend went over to some of the family and flat out told them that he could not catch her again as last time, that he couldn't afford another injury and wouldn't they please prop her up with a chair?

The family just chuckled and assured him that the lady did that at ALL funerals and if he did as they had learned to do, ignore her and let her stay on the floor, she'd get over it and get up on her own.

That's just what he did and that's just what she did too.
 Quoting: Doomamatrix

When my housekeeper's husband died, I,of course, attended his funeral. The woman next to me almost took me out. She was violently thrashing her arms through the whole service. I felt like I had gone 20 rounds with Muhammad Ali.
 Quoting: juju

LOL!

GLP